Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Garden Keeper ❯ chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Garden Keeper

By Amiboshi-chan

Chapter three

The month passed uneventfully. Syaoran paid visit to the garden every day, and Sakura was always there.

One particularly hot, lazy day, Syaoran and Sakura were wandering the garden when a rose caught his eye. Its pale purple petals were like no other rose in the garden. Syaoran walked towards it. "Sakura, look here." Sakura bounced over.

"Ooh, pretty."

Syaoran looked at the wilting petals. "It's dying," he said sadly.

Sakura walked over to the rose and cupped it in her small hands. "This will be our flower." She said, and then kissed the rose softly. Syaoran smiled. Sakura was always doing silly things like that.

@---{--

Yelan took Syaoran into town the next day, and could not go to the garden. The next day, though, he was out there at daybreak. But he could not find Sakura.

The purple rose caught his eye again. This time it stood proudly, blooming full and waving gently in the soft breezes that made their way into the enclosed garden from the ocean. Syaoran stepped forward once again. It was definitely the same flower. "It's still alive! It's not wilted at all!"

"Told you." Syaoran turned to find Sakura sitting on their usual bench, arms crossed and an arrogant smile on her face.

"There you are." Syaoran remembered her episode with the flower the other day, and realize her implications. "You are not a fairy. Sakura. You're a girl, like me."

Sakura then broke into a fit of giggles. "Like you, eh?" She laughed harder.

Syaoran raised his eyebrow, before realization hit him and he turned a bright shade of scarlet. "That's not what I meant . . .I . . .I . . ." Syaoran stuttered off as Sakura calmed down and stood, walking towards him.

"I knew what you meant. But I told you, that is our flower now. As long as we are friends, it won't die." Sakura smiled sweetly. Syaoran stared at her in awe, until she broke into giggles again and ran away.

"Hey!" Syaoran shouted as he ran after her.

@----{----

August came too soon for Syaoran. He loathed leaving the garden and Sakura, but school was starting and they had to get back to the mainland. Syaoran's last day, he sat with Sakura all morning. Only when he heard his mother call him did he leave.

"I'll see you again next summer, Sakura." He said sadly.

"I'll be here." Sakura responded softly.

The drive back home would be an especially long one.

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but I thought this part deserved a chapter of it's own. I know I'm going a little fast, but we have a ways to go!!! Thanks everyone who has been so kind in his or her reviews, you don't know how much I appreciate it!!! Thanks again!!

Amiboshi-chan