Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Inevitable ❯ Attraction ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Inevitable
By DarkHeart
 
Disclaimer: I do not own CCS or its characters; I'm just using them. However, some of the characters in this story have been made up by muah! Of course,the events and plot or whatever are mine too!
 
Note: Real names will be used all the time. Switched names will be used in dialogue when others talk.
 
Reply to comments: (I was sorta getting worried that no one was reading - thank you guys so much for commenting!)
 
kate222 - thank you!! I really do hope I get to update regularly though; summer vacation has started for me, so hopefully I'll get a lot done. :D
 
123bunz123 - my very first reviewer! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm glad you think it's interesting ^_^ Yes, Doop Head - haha. It's something my sisters and I call each other (we made it up when we were like…7).

Chapter 5: “Attraction
 
The whole classroom was dead silent as Sakura Kinomoto made her entrance. All eyes fell upon the young woman - the guys' eyes were wide with amazement, and the girls' eyes were narrow with envy. Her long legs strode to the center of the classroom and she smiled brightly at all the students. Kashima walked in behind her, and the boys immediately grew disappointed. He winked at them before taking his seat at the back.
 
The teacher smiled to look at Sakura, “You're the transfer?”
 
“Yes.”

”Your first class is Art Fundamentals?”

”Correct.”
 
“Well then, welcome” the teacher smiled, “You must be Sakura Kinomoto. My name is Mrs. Nomiya.”
 
“Pleasure to meet you,” Sakura replied, bowing slightly.
 
Mrs. Nomiya was a tall, overweight, woman with shoulder-length black hair tied up in a half-pony. Her face was joyous and she seemed like an extremely friendly person.
 
“You may take a seat next to…”
 
“ME!!!” Natsumi cut Mrs. Nomiya off, “No one sits here.”
 
Everyone jerked their heads toward her - she broke the silence of the students. Natsumi sat in the third row of the classroom, pointing to an empty chair beside her. One boy with short, sandy brown hair sitting behind Natsumi patted her shoulder in approval. He was beaming. All the other boys had sour looks on their faces.
 
“Alright then,” Mrs. Nomiya trilled, “Thank you Natsumi.”
 
“No prob, Mrs. Nomiya,” Natsumi winked, “I'm new here myself, so we can fight this school together!!” Natsumi threw her fist in the air and smiled widely at Sakura. Sakura's smile grew tense as she made her way next to Natsumi. The moment she sat down, all the boys whistled.
 
“Oh, please,” Sakura pretended to be flattered, looking down in embarrassment.
 
“Love the outfit, darling!” a scrawny boy in the back whistled. All the boys chimed in after him.
 
“I don't know how you can survive in that outfit,” Natsumi said with admiration in her eyes, “I'm wearing a sweatshirt, and I'm still FREEZING.” She pointed to her black hoodie.
 
Sakura opened her mouth, and then closed it again - she was tongue-tied. Kashima chuckled quietly in the back.
 
“I'll warm you up sweetheart.”
“You can borrow my jacket.”
“Come sit next to me for all the heat.”
 
“Alright class,” Mrs. Nomiya clapped her hands to stop the boys' comments, “let us continue with where we left off. Art…art is life...art is a way of life…art is…” The class groaned and listened to Mrs. Nomiya's non-stop talking.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------
 
“YO KASHIMA!” Natsumi ran up to Syaoran who was at the back of the classroom, slamming her hand on his desk, “How was English?”
 
Syaoran shrugged in response.

”Well, guess what?!”
 
“…”
 
“We have a new transfer student in my first period class!”
 
Syaoran raised an eyebrow.

”Her name is…Sa…Sa…Sakura Ki…Kinomo?” Natsumi furrowed her brows, thinking hard, “Ughh…I think I got her last name wrong - I forgot.”
 
Syaoran nodded, taking his books out to get ready for Chemistry. The kids around the two didn't pay much attention to them anymore. In the beginning, Syaoran was all anyone could talk about - he was actually socializing. Now, however, it was old news. Especially since they realized he only opened up to Natsumi.
 
“The teacher is here,” Syaoran warned her, looking straight ahead.
 
“Oh!” Natsumi jumped, dashing to the front of the classroom and taking her seat. Just then, Kashima walked in and glanced at her, only to receive a glare in response.
 
“Syaoran, you're about 10 seconds late,” Mr. Anzai flicked his pencil back and forth in a disapproving manner.
“Nice observation,” Kashima muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes.
 
“Alright then,” Mr. Anzai began, “today, we'll just finish with the lab that we started yesterday. So everyone get to work.”
 
All the kids stood up and scurried around, gathering things and taking their positions at the tables. Natsumi plopped down next to Syaoran, eager to tell him more about the transfer student.
 
“She was dressed for the summer!” Natsumi stated, her eyes were wide with disbelief, “I felt so bad.”
 
Syaoran smiled.
 
“You're smiling?” She raised an eyebrow, “Yeah, maybe it is funny. My mother and father would KILL me if I walked out of the house showing that much skin.” She made a face, “I would feel naked, anyway,” the thought made her shudder.
 
Natsumi went on chatting, pausing every now and then to listen to Syaoran's instructions.
 
“How much do we have to heat this water for?” Natsumi asked, slightly scared, “It's already boiling…”
 
“Just a…” Syaoran began when he was cut off by a beaker of boiling water falling on his hand. He grabbed his hand tightly and his face grew red as the seething pain increased. He looked up to see Kashima standing just inches from him.
 
“Oh my,” Kashima put on a surprised look, “It fell from my hand.”
 
“You…little…” Natsumi uttered through gritted teeth, pushing herself up, “You did that on purpose!”
 
“You can't prove that,” Kashima snickered, picking up the beaker quickly and walking away.
“Hold on Kashima, I'll call the teacher and get that little idiot for…” Syaoran let go of his burning hand to grab hold of Natsumi.
 
“Don't. I'm fine.”
 
“But…”
 
“I'll be right back.”

With that, Syaoran stood up and walked out of the classroom. Natsumi flinched thinking about how hot the water must have been. `That jerk' she thought, `he'll definitely pay for this.'
 
 
Syaoran walked into his History class exactly on time and took his seat; Natsumi had kept him for a while with her stories. He looked up as the teacher began to speak.
 
“Alright class,” Mr. Uchida spoke, “We have a new student in our History class, Ms. Sakura Kinomoto.”
 
Syaoran's head jerked to the direction the teacher was pointing to. A girl, matching Natsumi's descriptions exactly, sat a seat over from him. He was taken aback to find that the girl had already been staring at him. His head immediately looked back down.
 
Throughout class, Syaoran couldn't stop thinking of the name. `Kinomoto…Kinomoto…' it played over and over again in his head. Every now and then, Syaoran would look up with a glare on his face. His eyes would meet hers and she would immediately look away. This didn't go unnoticed by the other boys in class, the ones who absolutely could not keep their eyes of Sakura.
 
After class, Syaoran was surprised to see a flock of girls surround Sakura. She was chatting away with them freely - she'd already become so popular with the girls and guys. He heard her talking about some `weird and annoying girl' in Art class. `It must be Natsumi,' Syaoran thought. While Sakura was talking, she constantly glanced in Syaoran's direction. Eventually, Syaoran packed his things and walked out.
 
“Who was that guy just now?” Sakura asked, gesturing toward the seat over from hers.
 
“That's Kashima Uzamaki,” a tall blond-head replied, rolling her eyes, “He's a loner - it's best to stay away.”
 
“Yeah,” a red-head agreed, “Except recently, he's started talking to some annoying girl named Natsumi.”
 
“That's her!” Sakura shrieked, “The one in my class!”
 
“Stay away from her too - they're both weirdoes.”
 
“Oh…”
 
 
After school, Sakura said her goodbyes to a large group of students that followed her out. As she strolled across the yard, her mind kept going back to Syaoran - she'd never felt this way before. Something about him was so…mysterious. And…he was so…hot. Just thinking about him sent a chill down her back. But, his glares - what did they mean? What did Sakura do to make him so mad at her? They didn't even know each other! Just then, the sight of Syaoran caught her eye…and he was with her. Sakura watched wistfully, as she turned to go her way.
 
“Kashima,” Natsumi said, turning to look at Syaoran, “I have something to do, so I'll see you tomorrow, k?”
 
Syaoran nodded. This was good; he needed time alone to think about what had just happened in school today. He knew this was going to happen - the transfer student. Now, he had to concentrate on putting the anger aside and planning. Natsumi waved to Syaoran and ran toward the school - she had only one person in mind right now. Her eyes scanned the entire field, and fell upon a boy with dark green hair. She raced towards him.
 
“HEY YOU!!” Natsumi screamed, getting his attention before stopping abruptly in front of him, “Where's the head monkey?!”
 
“…the what?” Rei asked, raising his eyebrow.
 
“Where's the leader of your little, monkey gang!?!” Natsumi spat.
 
“You better take your words back missy…before you regret…”
 
“Wow,” Natsumi cut Rei off, “You're really short. I didn't realize that before.”
 
Rei's mouth dropped in horror. Just then, someone else spoke up.
 
“Are you looking for Syaoran?”
Natsumi looked up to find the person who spoke, and she froze. It was…him.
 
“Hi,” Natsumi said, holding out her hand, “I…I'm Natsumi.”
 
The red-head chuckled, “Sano. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”
 
Natsumi's eyes became starry as she held Sano's hand, not letting go.
 
“SANO!” Rei roared, glaring at the shaking hands, “She's…she's…an ENEMY!”
 
“Wow…you even talk pretty,” Natsumi spoke in awe, ignoring Rei completely.
 
“Hello, little bird,” spoke the long-orange-haired boy, “I am Kaoru,” he stuck his hand out as well.
 
“Yeah, yeah…” Natsumi replied, never letting go of Sano's hand, “So, Sano…what's up?”
 
Kaoru frowned, turning away.
 
“Er…” Sano looked down at their hands, amused, “Weren't you looking for Syaoran?”
 
“Huh?” Natsumi suddenly snapped awake, “Oh…right.”
 
“Well, he's not here,” answered Sano, “He…”
 
“DON'T TELL HER!” Rei complained, his eyes throwing daggers at Natsumi.
 
“I thought I told you to scram, midget,” Natsumi muttered. Then, her voice suddenly became much softer, “Where is he?” she asked Sano.
 
Sano's smile grew wider, “He left early, before school even ended,” he explained, “Said he needed to clear his mind or something.”

”Oh,” Natsumi said, nodding, still slightly dazed, “Do...do you mind telling him something for me?”
 
“Anything,” Sano whispered, coming closer.
 
Natsumi's face immediately flushed, “umm…umm…tell him that…I'm…I'm going to kill him in school tomorrow.”
 
“Do not fret,” Sano assured her, “Your message will most definitely be delivered.”
 
“Thanks!” Natsumi exclaimed, finally letting his hand go. She beamed up at Sano and then glowered at Rei before taking her leave.
 
 
During the next day of school, Sakura didn't sit next to Natsumi in Art class. Instead, she sat in the middle of a large group of girls and threw disgusted looks at Natsumi every now and then - Natsumi paid no attention to her though; she had her eyes fixed on Kashima. At the end of class, Mrs. Nomiya announced a field trip to the Art museum, coming up a week later, before dismissing her students. Natsumi walked straight towards Kashima, but missed him when he went into the boys' bathroom. She curled her hands into fists in frustration and waited impatiently in front. Finally, he came out.
 
“Took you long enough!” Natsumi yelled in his face, “Listen, I…”

”Leave me alone,” Kashima grumbled, pushing past her.
 
“WHAT?!” Natsumi shouted, grabbing his arm, “What the heck is wrong with you!? Why are you always…”
“SHUT UP!” Kashima roared, taking her wrist in a deathly grip, “Don't get on my nerves today,” he said through gritted teeth.
 
Natsumi's eyes were wide with shock; something was definitely wrong today. She quickly recovered and glared back at him, fuming. Kashima shoved her back and walked away.
 
During Chemistry class, Kashima didn't look towards Syaoran or Natsumi once. Natsumi grew confused and angry, but she decided not to push it today. When Natsumi tried to talk with Syaoran, he seemed preoccupied with other thoughts. Great, now she was bored. However, her spirits rose when Megumi Ishida started small talk with her. She sat on the lab table right next to Natsumi, so they could carry out their conversation while working on their labs. When the class was assigned to complete a handout, Megumi and Natsumi worked together while Kashima and Syaoran worked alone - the two boys clearly did not want to be disturbed.
 
 
The halls were empty as Syaoran walked towards his locker. Everyone was in class now, and he needed to get his textbook before returning. All of a sudden, someone bumped into him. He was about to ignore it and walk away, before he looked up - it was Sakura.
 
“S…sorry,” Sakura stammered, looking into Syaoran's eyes, absolutely mesmerized.

At first, Syaoran glared at her and Sakura flinched. However, his expression suddenly became softer…and he smiled. Sakura stared at him in awe. She felt as if her body couldn't take it - his smile made her heart race. When he reached out to move a stray hair from her face, his scent could have made her faint.
 
“Are you alright?” Syaoran asked in a mischievous tone.
 
“Y…yes,” Sakura replied, amazed at how beautiful someone's voice could sound.
 
Syaoran leaned in ever so closely and his lips almost touched Sakura's ear.
 
“Good,” he whispered, making her shiver. Then, he walked away, leaving Sakura hypnotized in the middle of the hallway.
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
END!
 
Yes - another chapter! Again, sorry for the late update. I honestly didn't think I'd continue, but I'm glad I decided to stick with it. Please let me know what you think - it'll make me what to update quicker ;)
 
Leave a review!!