Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Princes and the Slave ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Princess and the Slave
 
Thanks for all the reviews, they really help motivate me.
 
(Underlined means signed review)
 
Cherrysakura88-I updated, I hope you like.
 
Pinaygrrl- Lol, thanks for the review.
 
Aznanimegirl30- Your fav? I feel so loved! ^_^
 
Xkiwizzx- Sorry, not evil twin here.
 
Chapter 10
 
“Toyuto?” Questioned Sakura; unsure of why he was here. She looked at him.
 
“Sakura, I'm sorry for how I treated you before. I saw how Eriol and Syaoran rushed to protect you. If it were one of my slaves, they would not dare rush into battle for me; they would stand there, awaiting my orders. You didn't even have to command them, they wanted to protect you. I now have a new respect for you. I will protect you until I die.” Proclaimed Toyuto.
 
Sakura stood there awestruck. Not knowing how to respond, she stuttered, “u-umm.. T-thank you?” Finally gathering her wits, she continued. “A few of us are having a picnic today, would you like to join us?”
 
Toyuto hesitated before he responded. “Sure.” They headed towards the cherry blossoms tree, where a few people were waiting for Sakura.
 
“Sakura!” Said a delighted Tomoyo, who was sitting next to Eriol.
 
“Sakura.” Said Syaoran, “Toyuto...” He growled. Sakura shifted uneasily from foot to foot, not knowing how to react if they started going at it.
 
“Guys, don't start. If you do, you'll see a thousand years of pain.” Said Sakura, her face in eerie shadows. The two gulped and sat down, shivering a bit. Sakura's face cheered up and she started distributing the food.
 
“Eriol, how are things going with my dad? Anything important I should know?” Asked the young princess.
 
“Princess, I'm not allowed to tell you such information… but since you will be taking over when your father passes away, I guess I could tell you a few things.”
 
Eriol told her the names of some of the kingdoms' biggest enemies, and some of the operations currently in order to make them their allies. Toyuto listened intently, ignoring Syaorans' glare at him.
 
The picnic ended, much to their dismay. Tomoyo headed off, with Eriol escorting her. She blushed lightly before leaving. When they left, Sakura dashed off, leaving Toyuto and Syaoran.
 
Syaoran got up to leave, but Toyuto stopped him. “If you make her cry, I'll come after you.” He said, as he left. The threat hung in the air before Syaoran could understand what it meant. He grinned, and mumbled, “Don't worry, I won't harm her.”
 
Sakura meet up with the head guardsman, Taku. She asked him if she could train with the other soldiers in the training hall during their afternoon sparring session. He agreed, telling her to meet him in the rear-training hall in a few minutes.
 
When Sakura entered in her training robes, the guards started at her, unbelieving. Some of the guards witnessed her fighting the day before, so they were a bit skeptical.
 
“Today, the princess will join us in a sparring session. Since we were going to have a tournament today, I entered her. To see whom you will spar against, look at the scroll that we've hung up on the wall. There will be no rules for the matches, you win when your opponent admits defeat, or they are rendered unconscious. You may use any form of fighting, you may also use weapons. The first round will be Satoru against Mitsuru. Begin when ready.”
 
The matches started and a few men lost, while a few won. When Sakura's turn came, the men stiffened. When her opponent was announced, they gasped. Ono Kondo. He was vice commander of the guard. He was strong. Sakura was already to go, when she noticed her opponent, she gasped.
 
The boy, no, man that stood before her was no taller than five foot five. He looked like he weighted a hundred pounds. His deep red hair, the color of blood and pale purple eyes stood out as one of his distinctive features. He smiled, before tying his medium lengthened hair back.
 
“Princess, please go easy on me.” He said jokingly.
 
“Ah, no, it is I that should ask you to go easy on me.” She said, bowing slightly.
 
When the fight finally started, Kondo stood there, staring her down. He had a katana at his side but did not draw it yet. Sakura rushed him, intending to punch, but was only flipped over. She rolled, breaking her fall slightly. She quickly got back into a fighting stance, extracting a kunai from her clothing.
 
Kondo only smiled as he too extracted a kunai from the folds of his clothing. Sakura started slashing at him with the kunai, building up her speed. Faster, faster, faster! She thought to herself. After a slight pause, Kondo started his attack, he slashed at her, causing her to back flip away. He rushed her, slashing quickly, much faster than her pervious attacks. Barely able to keep up, Sakura back away and pulled out another kunai.
 
Now armed two to one, Sakura defended with one and tried attacking with another, but Kondo was always out of her reach. She feigned to the right, and stacked him to the left. When she backed off, she noticed a slight tear in his clothing. She smiled, knowing that she caused the mark.
 
Sakura threw the two kunai at him, and drew her own sword. Kondo caught the kunai with ease. He dropped the two on the ground but still held his own. Sakura lunged with the sword, but Kondo deflected it with his kunai, they passed each other.
 
Sakura was now panting heavily. The two went at each other again. After a few unsecussful passes, Sakura stood.
 
“I give up.” She said. The rest of the guards gasped. She was one of the only to go head to head against Kondo and last this long. Sakura went on with her explanation, “I only came here to learn more, not to fight and win. I've learned a lot from fighting Kondo-san. I'm grateful.” Sakura bowed and went to an empty corner to watch the rest of the fights.
 
TBC…
 
Yea, boring chapter. Sorry, but I needed to introduce the Toyuto is now good stuff. But I need some ideas if you have any. I'm now in school so I might not be able to update as often, and I have other stories too… so yea… Read and Review!
 
LWB