Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Princes and the Slave ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Princess and the Slave
 
Thank you guys for the reviews. I hope you like this chapter. Due to the lack of action, I will try to update more often. NOTE: I'm looking for a RELIABLE beta reader, e-mail me if interested.
 
Keetra- Thanks for the tips! I shall try and get a reliable beta reader too.
 
.::pink jade::.-thanks, I don't like helpless characters, I like making my main female characters strong and somewhat independent.
 
VampireJazzy-I shall continue, do not fret.
 
Xkiwizzx-hehe, let's hope he's not a spy. You never know though, I'm coming up with ideas as I go.
 
Jenc11-thanks, I hope you like this chapter.
 
Chapter 11
 
Sakura! No!
 
Sakura was being abducted by Lieli, while Syaoran could only stand there. He was being held back by his mother. His mother had just come to take him back home. They had enough money to support the whole family.
 
Sa-ku-ra!
 
Syaoran awoke, drenched in sweat.
 
“Sakura…” He whispered to the darkness. Why do I keep having these dreams? Mother…Suddenly there came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at his chamber door. (Free nonexistent cookie to the first person that can guess what that line is from.)
 
“Syaoran?” The person whispered from the other side of the door. “It's Sakura, I heard you muttering in your sleep, are you ok? May I come in?”
 
Syaoran walked across the room to open the door for the princes. “I'm fine, I just had a dream. And of course you can come in.” He stood aside to let her in. When she settled herself in one of the chairs in his room, he too sat. “Sakura, do you remember what happened yesterday? On the roof?”
 
Sakura thought for a minute before nodding. “I remember. What about it?”
 
“Why were you there? Who did you sense?”
 
“I sensed… my former teacher.”
 
“Your former teacher?” Questioned Syaoran, now very intrigued by the conversation.
 
“Yeah. She used to teach me magic when I was younger. I started learning when I was about three. I never got to finish my training. She left mysteriously after I turned four. She never said good bye. Why do you want to know? What is your connection with her?”
 
“She is my mother.”
 
“What? You mean my teacher is your mother? Is she still alive? What happened?”
 
“I'm not sure, but I remember when I was three, my mother had to leave early in the morning and get back late at night. She rarely talked to me. When I asked her where she went, she never told me. I don't think she told anyone. Woah, my mother taught you magic. When I was little, about five, she would teach me how to grow flowers with magic, how to dispel magic sells cast on people with a mirror and an enchantment. I never knew her knowledge of magic was that broad.”
 
“Syaoran, I never knew she had a son. What was she doing here?”
 
“I don't know. She could be checking up on my sister and I. But my mother does not take idle walks, we should be careful now.”
 
Sakura nodded in agreement. There was a moment of silence before it was broken by Sakura's yawn.
 
“You should get some sleep, Sakura.” Said Syaoran, helping her up. Sakura walked out the door, shutting it softly behind her. Syaoran was lost in his thoughts for a while before he finally drifted into a peaceful slumber.
 
A few days later, something unexpected happened.
 
“I'm leaving today.” Said Toyuto at breakfast time. Sakura looked up from her plate, surprised at this statement.
 
“Why? This is quite sudden.”
 
“Although I'm flattered that you want me to stay, I need to report to my country's elders about what has happened here that past few weeks.”
 
“Oh. All right, but will you ever return for a visit?” The prince nodded at this request.
 
When they all finished, there was a small assembly at the gate to see Toyuto off. They each said their farewells. Melsa was clinging on to Syaoran, crying, “Syaoran , I don't want to leave you. We will meet again! Please wait for me! I lo-” But before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by her brother.
 
“Lets not bother them anymore.” He whisked her into the carriage. “Sakura, thank you for letting us stay in your castle.” And with the wave of his hand, the driver guided the horses out of the gates.
 
“Now that's a nice guy. Why don't you settle down with him? Hm, Sakura?” Asked her mom, her eyes twinkling with hope. Sakura sighed and responded, “ He's just a friend, I think…” Said Sakura.
 
Sakura returned inside with Tomoyo after watching the carriage disappear. Syaoran on the other hand, stood there until the sun went down, forcing Eriol to come out and fetch him, or the guards would lock him out.
 
Sakura watched this little exchange from the top of the roof. Her singing was lost in the wind, but you could hear the faint words coming from her lips…
 
I will wait, until I can see the smile on your face again…
 
Notes: Again, nothing interesting. Just the fact that Sakura's teacher was Syaoran's mom… Thought you might want to know. There will be S+S in the next chapter, slightly. Please don't kill me yet. I just need to get my juices running for this story again. I'm sorry!!! My juices are starting to run, but remember to check out my other stories. I wrote a Naruto one shot. I hope you like that.
 
Remember to guess about the line above, the tapping. I think it's pretty obvious.
 
When Sakura said that Toyuto is a friend, she thinks. The she thinks part is added because she's still iffy about him. She's not implying the whole, `more then friends' deal. Just wanted to clarify that for you.
 
Last line, it was kind of random, but it was referring to someone she knew a long time ago. I'm not saying any more, but you will find out who he is sooner or later…
 
LWB