Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Princes and the Slave ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Princess and the Slave
 
 
Thank you to all of my reviewer's. sparkle00, VampireJazzy, Keetra, cherriblossomxz, Iznonymous, yukyungtang, Lynne102, xkiwizzx.
 
Luthien-yavetil- Please don't hurt me… *cower* Lol!
 
Star sapphire- you want Sakura tougher? I'll try!
 
I was so happy, I got ten reviews for that chapter, TEN! That's more than any chapter so far! ^_^ I'm happy, keep them coming.
 
Chapter 12
 
“Good morning, Syaoran!” Exclaimed Sakura as she entered the dining hall. It had been about a week since the departure of Toyuto. Over the week, however, Sakura and Syaoran had grown closer. She noticed him around every corner, always alert.
 
Once she even called him on it.
 
“Syaoran, you can come out from the corner.” Said Sakura. Syaoran reluctantly stepped out from the shadows. “What are you doing? Why have you been following me for the past week?”
 
“I need to make sure you won't be alone it another attack were to take place.”
 
“Do you think I can't defend myself?” Questioned Sakura, a bit offended.
 
“You can take care of yourself Sakura… but…”
 
“But what? Did my parents ask you to do this? They did, didn't they?” Syaoran didn't say anything, but instead just nodded his head.
 
“I knew it. They don't trust me. Since they asked you to, you can still follow me. But, can you not hide in the shadows? I can feel you there and it gets annoying. Not to mention, it's really creepy.
 
“Sure Sakura.” He said as he fell into step with her. She smiled at his answer and headed off to train with the guards.
 
But now, they walked side by side.
 
After breakfast, Sakura would head to training while Syaoran headed to his classes. This was their new routine. Sakura would train while Syaoran would be studying. But when Sakura used up her three days a week deal, she would prepare a lunch for Syaoran, Tomoyo, Eriol and herself.
 
But today, she found herself in the library. I haven't been in here a while. She thought to herself. She climbed the tall ladder to the top shelf. She helped herself to a random book that was on the shelf, it was titled, Hawksong.
 
“Oh!” She exclaimed with glee. “I loved this book when I was younger.” She found the nearest chair and made herself comfortable. She was so lost in the book, she never noticed the clock strike eleven, nor did she hear the footsteps that approached.
 
Syaoran stood at the door, calmly gazing at the brown haired girl in front of him. When she didn't look up, he sat in the chair across from her. Just watching her was, soothing. He sat there just watching her for about ten minutes before she looked up from the book, yawning.
 
She never noticed him, so when she saw him there so peacefully, she let out a small yelp.
 
“Syaoran, why are you here? When did you get here?”
 
“Didn't you hear, the noon bell chimed a while ago.”
 
“What? It did?” She exclaimed, jumping from her seat. She was about to run out the door, when she noticed his grin. “No it didn't.” She said and sat back down. No sooner had she sat, that the bell chimed. Syaoran could only grin as the princesses' expression changed.
 
“Oh now, lunch! What should I do?” She asked.
 
“Lets just eat what the cooks have prepared. It can't kill us. They were hired to feed you, might as well let them do their job.” Sakura nodded and they both went down to eat.
 
After finishing their meal, they found them selves on the side of a grassy hill.
 
Sakura was lost in her thoughts. But out of the blue, she asked Syaoran, “Have you ever had someone special? Someone you would protect with your life?”
 
Syaoran, who was laying down looked at the clouds. There was only a moment of silence before he responded. “Yes. And I still do.”
 
“Really? Who?” Sakura eyes were looking into the distance, searching for something lost.
 
“My mother, my sisters, you…” Syaoran trailed off.
 
“What was the last one?” Asked Sakura, her eyes still searching for the unknown.
 
“You.”
 
“Really?” Said Sakura, not even fazed by this information. She didn't seem to comprehend what he was saying. “Well, I have people I would protect with my life too. My mother, my father, Tomoyo, Eriol, you and… him.” Syaoran looked over to her, not sure who he was. But when she didn't elaborate, he didn't prod.
 
Sakura started reminiscing of her past, the days that she spent with him. She never realized that Syaoran took in every word, engraving them into a part of his memory.
 
“I meet him when I was only four. We meet outside the castle gates. It was on of the rare moments when I got to go outside without guards. I was with your mother. She was going to show me around the market place, show me what normal people miss. Some things that might have someone, or something sealed inside that people sell for a few cents.
 
Then I saw him.
 
I was drawn to him like, like a moth to fire. I followed him when he turned the corner, I followed him when he went through the crowds. He never stopped until he reached a lake.
 
That's when he finally turned around, his face, was so handsome, although he looked my age, he gave off the presence of someone older, someone who has lived for many years. But when our eyes connected, he was just another child.
 
We played until the sun went down. He smiled and waved before leaving. But I stopped him, `My name, it's Sakura.' I said. He smiled and nodded. `What's yours?' I asked, but he was already gone.
 
That's when sensei showed up. She took me home and never mentioned the incident to my parents. I never…” But Sakura was snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed Syaoran.
 
Syaoran was doubled over, his head in his hands.
 
“Syaoran!” Sakura kneeled next to him. “Are you ok? I'll go get a doctor! Syaoran, answer me! Syaoran!” Sakura stood to get a doctor, but was stopped by Syaoran's hand grasping her arm.
 
“I'm fine,” He said through clenched teeth. He was still on his knees, but it looked like his pain had gone down. Sakura bit her lip before sitting down again.
 
“Fine, I won't get anyone.” Instead, she placed his head on her lap.
 
She started to hum a tune, but the tune soon became words.
 
“Dreamin' samenai yume
 
Syaoran opened his eyes at these words, his mind faintly remembering these words.
 
ochiteku sadame
 
I've heard these words before… He thought.
 
Don't stop lovin'
Can't stop lovin' U”
 
Before he could finish his thoughts, his eye lids grew heavy. They shut, blocking out the darkness.
 
Sakura smiled when she realized that he finally fell asleep. Using the move card, she moved him to his bed. She looked over him before retiring to her own room.
 
Syaoran's unconscious thoughts were the same as Sakura's, Who was he?
 
Notes: There was slight S+S. I need to build their relationship more.
 
The book Hawksong, is an Amelia Atwater-Rhodes book. She is a great author. I do not own the book.
 
The song lyrics were from Kaleidostar's third opening song. It's titled Tattoo Kiss.
 
I hope you liked this chapter. Read and Review!