Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Wolf School ❯ Chapter 8: The Fever ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Silvery Bunny*: Thank you so much for reviewing! I AM SO HAPPY AND PLEASED THAT EVERYONE LIKED MY STORY!!! I'VE NEVER THOUGHT I'D GET MORE THAN 50 REVIEWS!!! AHH..I LOVE YA ALL ^.^

====================================================================== ======

The Wolf School

By: *Silvery Bunny*

Author's Note: Hey people! My first time writing fanfics. Sorry for the lousy grammars and spelling.


Disclaimer: I don't own Cardcaptor Sakura!!!

=========================================================================== =


"Talking"

'Thoughts'

* Flashback *

~(Point of view)~

/Time Lapse/

=========================================================== =================

Recap from last chap

"Oh fine, I'll love you more than my Tomoyo?"

"Keep on dreaming" was Syaoran only answer before he lead Sakura away from the guy.

"Hoe?"

"Syaoran?" Eriol plead but Syaoran pay no attention to the guy.

"SSSSSSYYAAAOOOOORAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!"

====================================================================== ======

Chapter 8: The Fever

/1 Month later/

It has been a month since a girl, known as Kinomoto Sakura moved into Seijou High School and her days were the same as every other day for the past month and every single day, she was being chase by wild wolves, in another word, boys.

'HOE!!!! Not this again. I'm getting tired of it!' Sakura thought running up the stairs as fast as her legs allowed her. Her aim was to reach her classroom as soon as possible because it was the only place that she felt safe.

"Kura, duck!!" a voice shouted from the front. Sakura did what she was told and covered her head with her arms and bag.

SWOOSH

THUD

THUD

THUD

"I'm getting sick of this" Sakura's savior stated with annoyance cleared in his voice.

"Syao!" The guy turned around facing the blushing face girl.

"T-Thank you" she stammered.

He sighed. "Kura, for the past weeks, I've been teaching you martial arts. Why didn't you fight them back?"

"Syaoran!" Sakura pouted, "Look at how many guys were after me, do you think I have a chance?" She pointed to the beaten boys on the ground, there were at least 10. Syaoran sighed again.

"I guess you're right" Sakura grinned and nodded in agreement.

"So this means I have to be your protector until your fighting skill have improved?" Again she nodded.

"Guess I have no choice"

"Thank you Syao" Sakura beamed and absentmindedly hug Syaoran.

"Ru-Ruka?" he asked blushing furiously.

"Hmm?" she glanced up at Syaoran and noticed that they were very close.

"Hoe!" she flushed and jumped back a little.

"I-er…" Sakura stuttered.

"What's with the red face?" a hand smacked Syaoran's head playfully.

"Hiiragizawa!" Syaoran swirled around facing Eriol, who waved to the couple with smile on his face.

"Did I miss something?" he grinned. Both Syaoran and Sakura faces turned even more redder causing Eriol to laugh. He dragged Syaoran a couple of steps away from Sakura and whispered loud enough for Syaoran to hear.

"I never knew that the toughest boy in the year, can be so vulnerable when he's with his lover" Eriol teased.

"Seems like you wanna be born again!" Syaoran commented, veins popping out from the side of his head. Eriol chose to ignore that comment and turned his attention back to Sakura.

"So…have you and Syaoran XXX?" he snickered.

"I really think you wanna die!!" Syaoran's face reddened but from embarrassment or anger, it was uncertain.

"E-Eriol!" Sakura blush furiously, "Nothing's going on between me and Syaoran. Right?" she turned around, asking Syaoran to back her up and that was when he embraced her. Sakura was frozen on the spot.

"S-Syaoran?" Sakura asked hesitantly.

Eriol whistled, "Geez, don't need to show me you know"

"…"

'Syaoran, what are you doing?' Sakura thought pushing Syaoran away and that was when she realized that he was very warm. Abnormally warm. His breathing was shallow. She placed her hand on his forehead to check his temperature and gasped. 'Oh my goodness. He's burning!'

"Syaoran!!"

====================================================================== =====

||Sick bay||

"Man, you're as stubborn as ever! You shouldn't come to school in this condition" Eriol stated taking thermometer out of Syaoran's mouth, "Shit 39 degrees, that's high mate!"

"Syaoran, you came because of me wasn't it?" Sakura sobbed, "You shouldn't!" Syaoran smiled weakly from his bed.

"Well, I understand why he came though" Eriol sighed, "He was worried about you, Sakura" turning to Sakura.

"But I can defend myself fine!" she argued.

"I know you can but if they gang up on you like today, I don't think you stand a chance"

Sakura blinked, "You mean, you saw the whole thing?" Eriol nodded. "And you didn't help me?"

"Well, I know that somehow your prince charming will rescue you, so there's no point for me to interfere, right?" he grinned, causing Sakura to blush and Syaoran to get ready to leap on Eriol.

"Hehe…I think I should called for ambulance, yeah?" he said and quickly rushed out of the room before Syaoran could really kill him.

"That stupid guy" Syaoran muttered. The room fell in silence.

"I'm sorry Syao. I know it's my fault, I'm so sorry" Sakura break the silence.

"It's not your fault Ruka" he whispered looking directly at her. "You didn't force me to come. I chose to come myself"

"But-"

"No but, Ruka" he shook his head and placed his finger over her lips.

Sakura nodded in understanding, "Should I called aunt Yelan?" she asked getting her mobile out. Syaoran shook his head sadly sitting up.

"No need" he replied looking at Sakura's confused face. "You moved away weeks later after my dad died right?" Sakura nodded, "Well, few months later my mum found a new love and she married him and moved away. She did ask me to go with her…but I just can't forget about dad. I didn't forgive her for marrying another guy"

"What happen to your sisters?"

"They have their own families now" he voice was quitened, "I live alone in that house. Everyone left me, I'm all alone" he turned his face the other way and fought back tears. He was strong, he never shed tears but every time he thinks about his past and family, tears were somehow threatened to fall. He hated being weak.

"But you're not alone anymore" Sakura speak softly gaining attention from Syaoran. "I'm here with you, Syao. I will always be with you" she smiled.

"Ruka-" A loud bang interrupted Syaoran. He and Sakura turned their heads to the direction of the noise. Sakura paled at what she saw. There were at least 20 students stood near the doorway with Tom, Sakura assumed, as their leader. Some of them, including Tom were holding wooden stick.

"I heard that you're sick and fainted?" Tom begins, "The girl is sure a troublesome" he sneered. Syaoran send him a death glare.

"It's time for my revenge, Li. I'll pay you dearly and then…the girl" he looked at Sakura and grinned. Sakura was trembling.

'No! Syao can't fight now, he doesn't have the strength but what can I do?' Sakura thought watching Syaoran get off the bed weakly. He was panting.

"Sakura, get out of here when you have to chance ok?" he whispered standing next to her.

"WHAT? NEVER!" she answered back loudly.

"But if you're here, then I can't fight properly" he scold. "You'll be in the way!"

"I told you I'm not going"

"S-a-k-u-r-a!" Syaoran said her name slowly.

"SHUT UP, BOTH OF YOU" Tom shouted rising the stick above his head, ready to strike but Syaoran was faster, he kick Tom hard in the stomach and then punched him in the face.

"Hurry Sakura!" he called out.

'I can't Syaoran. I'm sorry but I can't leave you' Sakura still stood in place.

"Do you think you can get away?" another guy advanced to Sakura, hand reaching out for her but Sakura wasn't prepared for the attack but luckily Syaoran came in time. He roughly grabbed the guy's shirt and threw him to where the rest of the boys stood.

"ARGH! YOU CALLED THIS SICK?"

'Sakura! Why didn't you leave? I don't think I can fight them anymore. I'm so tired, my eyes, my legs. Argh…I don't think I have any strength left. Why didn't you go when I told you to! I'm not sure if I can protect you' Syaoran thought trying not to sway.

"ALL OF YOU GET HIM!!" Tom ordered as they advanced for Syaoran.

'SYAORAN!! Oh no, I have to do something or he…he…' Sakura thought watching Syaoran with concerned.

"NOOOOOO!!!" she cried leaping in front of Syaoran, stretching her arms wide in order to protect him. She shut her eyes tightly and waiting for the impact but it never came. She slowly opened her eyes and saw that the guys were only a couple of inches away from her.

"Wh-What the hell do you think you're doing?" Syaoran yelled from behind her but Sakura was unfazed by his yell and her face show determination.

"Yeah! Move out of the way!"

"Don't worry, you'll be next!"

"SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!!" she screeched causing everyone to drop their weapons and dropped on the ground. Her scream was deafening, the windows cracked.

"Syaoran has a fever…he needs to go to the hospital" everyone stared at her.

"If you dare touch Syaoran, I won't forgive you. And if you're persistent to get Syaoran, you have to kill me first!" she stated confidently. The guys all gaped at her statement.

"…"

"Stop your nonsense" Syaoran exclaimed gripping her wrist.

"I don't care what you think of me. And you can't tell me to leave. I'm not scared"

"Saku-"

"I told you, I won't leave you" she interrupted, "I will always be with you" tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You'll never be alone again" she gazed at Syaoran, smiling. Syaoran and the guys were stunned by her speech.

"What's going on here" the teachers stood in the doorway staring at everyone in the room, Eriol was by his side. "And who make these windows cracked?" he asked, a small 'hoe' was heard. Sakura raised her hand slowly in the air and the teacher sweat dropped.

"Let's get out of here" one of the guys said.

"I'll get you back next time Li" Tom shouted and ran out of the room with the teachers behind them leaving Syaoran and Sakura.

"Get back here!!"

"You want us, then you have to catch us first" Tom smirked at the teacher.

"I…" Sakura collapsed.

"Ruka?" Syaoran asked worriedly and kneeled next to her.

"I…I'm sorry but I can't leave you. I can never leave you"

"It's alright" he said hugging her.

"Thank you" he whispered making Sakura blushed.

"I…whoa, why do I feel so…" Syaoran trailed off collapsing on to the ground.

"Oh that's right. Your fever" Sakura exclaimed leading him to the bed and laid him down.

"Ah, my head" he groaned. "Man, I hate being sick" he mumbled, "Stupid fever. Stupid seniors" he went on and on, Sakura was trying not to giggle but he was so funny.

"Hey, why are you laughing?" Syaoran pouted causing Sakura to giggle even more.

"Fine, be like that"

"I'm sorry, Syaoran" she suppressed her giggles, "but you were talking to yourself"

"I-" he started, "Must be the fever" he concluded, Sakura nodded, smiling.

"It's strange…" he begins.

"Hmm?"

"Well, before I wanted you to leave this school…but now, I really want you to be near me" Sakura blushed, "I'm happy that you didn't leave" there was a silence before Sakura answered.

"I'm glad too but you always have to protect me, I'm such a burden" she laughed weakly.

"But you help me just then" he added, caressing her cheeks, their eyes locked. Sakura leaned closer to Syaoran and then their lips touched. It was a quick kiss but sweet.

"Your lips are warm" Sakura said blushing.

"Hm…your is cold. It felt good" he said closing the gap between them again. This time he kissed her deeper, his hands moving through her hair, stroking her back.

"Syaoran, no. Your fever" Sakura said breaking the kiss but he paid no attention and continued to kiss her, pausing only to catch his breath before crashing his lips on hers again, expressing what they were feeling when words were not possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------

*Silver Bunny*: Ahh…this chapter is a bit mushy, ne? Anyhow, I hope you liked it!! Oh and one more thing, there is only one chapter left till this story ends!!!