Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and found ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Author: Cheerlin

E-mail: cheerlin 88@hotmail.com

Anime: Detective Conan

Type: Romance & Drama

Disclaimer: Detective Conan doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Gosho Aoyama.

A/N: A special thank to Kitahoshi Hazel.

~~~~~~chapter 2
The next morning when Conan had woken up, he looked around and searched for Ran. She wasn't there! Where did she go? Suddenly he heard a:
"Conan! The breakfast is done!".
Then Conan started to relax. He went out of Ran's room and into the kitchen. Ran smiled at him and only blush.

When they were eating breakfast Kogoro Mouri was babbling about his Yoko, making it easier for Ran and Conan, they really didn't want to speak about yesterday.


After breakfast Conan ran off to play with Genta Kojima, Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya, Ayumi Yoshida. Ayumi kissed Conan after he had saved her from what she thought was a kidnapper. The two other guys had tried to kill him .He didn't come home until very late.
When Conan first came to the apartment he met an angry and worried
Ran.
"Conan! Where have you been?! I was so worried about you! Do you know what time it is?! It's nearly 10 o'clock!" Ran said in a frustrated tone.
"I-I was out playing with Ayumi and the guys," Conan replied. He looked very frightened of Ran's anger.
"What?! You were playing? I don't believe it! I think Ayumi and your gang's parents are very worried too! They called me an hour ago and are worried sick! How could you be so irresponsible?!" she huffed.
"Ran-san...I'm sorry," Conan said , lowering his gaze to the floor.
"No ,I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been screaming at you like that," Ran whispered quietly.
"There's food in the fridge and go to sleep after you have finished. I...am going to bed," Ran added , turning away ; refusing to look at the pale boy with the worried and sad face.
It was midnight and Ran hadn't slept yet. She sat near the window and gazed at the stars , thinking about the ever-absent Shinichi. It really brought memories and made her worry for him. The thought that he might be dead screamed in her mind but she kept the thought out of her it only because of his phone calls. So he can't be dead , right?
Conan walked slowly out from the apartment. He really felt bad for making Ran worry for him ,in his true form and this kid's body. It will sound suspicious if he called her now , but he had decided to take that chance.
*
*
*
RRRRIIINNGG!!! The phone rang as Ran lifted it and put it up to her ear.
"This is Ran Mouri," she said wearily from lack of sleep.
"Hello Ran," said a familiar voice.
"Shinichi? Is that really you?" she said , her weariness slipping away to curiousity.
"Yeah...errm...I'm really sorry Ran," he said , his heart feeling like lead.
"For what?" she asked.
"For that I didn't call you and for I had to leave so suddenly," he replied , the weight only getting heavier.
"It's...really okay Shinichi...you had a case to follow," she said , a forced smile curling across her lips as though he could see.
"It's not okay Ran! But soon...I will come back to you , I promise I will," he said quietly.
"Maybe , I don't really know what I should believe," she said , pausing.
"I will , but I must go now..."he said.
"Just one more thing," she said , stopping him.
"What is it Ran?"he asked with a small curiousity.
"Maybe this will sound funny to you. I just wanted to say that-that I love you...you may think that's stupid but it's the truth. Tell me , do you feel the same?" Ran had wanted to say that for so long but she was always afraid of his answer , and yet she yearned for the words she wanted to hear. Conan froze in his position for a while. He didn't think that Ran would say that.
"Shinichi?Are you still there?" she asked quietly.
"I-I don't know Ran," he said blankly.
"It's okay...I know the answer to my question," she said calmly.Too calm.
"Ran!" he said , feeling she got the wrong impression.
Click...
"Ran , are you still there? Hello?" he asked the empty line.