Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and found ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

Author: Cheerlin

E-mail: cheerlin88@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Detective Conan doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Gosho Aoyama.

A/N: A special thank to Kitahoshi Hazel

~~~~~~chapter 3
Conan put back the phone and slowly walked back to the apartment.Why didn't he answer? If only he had answered:"I love you,". Three tiny words he had longed to say. Instead he had said:"I don't know," and that was almost like:"I don't love you,". I don't know...words that were no meaning to say.
Tears formed but he took a deep breath and relaxed. He, Shinichi Kudo, a master detective couldn't even say three tiny words to his girlfriend, what a jerk!
Conan opened the door and walked into the apartment .It was dark and quiet while Kogoro Mouri was in the bar drinking.

His poor Ran...
He slowly walked to the door and heard her heart breaking cry, he shivered. He has made her cry for him again. He just wanted to run into her arms saying that he was Shinichi Kudo ,and that he, with his heart and soul loved her now and forever but...he couldn't for many reasons.
Slowly he opened the door to her room. Ran was laying on her bed and had cried her heart out. Her eyes were red and her face was filled with moist crystal tears. She didn't notice Conan come in until he hugged her. She suddenly gasped and her eyes widened.
"Conan? What are you doing here?"Ran asked , breaking away from his tiny arms.
"I am sorry for making you cry , Ran-nee-chan,"Conan said , looking at his hands.
"Silly boy , you didn't make me cry.I...cried because-because...I saw a very sad film with Sonoko today,"Ran lied.
"You're lying! You didn't go out with Sonoko-san today!"Conan cried , angry and hot tears falling from his cheeks.
"Conan-kun, why are you crying?" Ran asked and wiped away his tears.
"I-I don't want you to cry. Please don't cry. You look prettier when you smile," Conan sobbed.
"I will try my best to smile for you my dear," Ran said and made a false smile to hide her tears.
"You're crying for that Shinichi Kudo again , aren't you?!"Conan whispered , painfully knowing the answer already.
"How did you know? But that does the same. I got my answer. But I still do love him,"Ran said , then hugged Conan.
"Why don't you just forget about him?" Conan said.
"I love him , even if he doesn't love me. But I'll love him forever as he will be in my heart,"Ran said , tightening her hold.
"He isn't worth your tears and heart !He made you cry for him too many times!"Conan said , out of control.
"Maybe...but I will wait for his return even if he already has a girl in his heart. I will wait. Then finally I will let go,"Ran explained.
"You will wait? "Conan asked , surprised.
"Yes , I want to see him for the last time,"Ran said , her heart aching. Her heart was already broken but still she couldn't let go. She really loved him with all her heart and soul. Guilt washed through Conan. How could he do such a thing to her? How could he play with her heart? How could he?!
Slowly he broke away from her and placed a small kiss on her cheek.
"Don't wait for him. He isn't worth your time , You have suffered too much for him. Please Ran , forget him," Conan whispered.
"No Conan , I-I-I love him. Even if I want to let go , I can't.He might love someone else but he is the one and only guy in my heart,"Ran answered.
"Then he will come back to you," Conan said , then ran out of the apartment.
"CONAN!"Ran screamed after him.