Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and found ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Detective Conan

Author: Cheerlin

E-mail: cheerlin 88@hotmail.com

Type: Romance & Drama

Disclaimer: Detective Conan doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Gosho Aoyama.

A/N: A special thank to Kitahoshi Hazel.

Chapter 5
~*~

"RAN!!!". But she was gone. She ran feverently , with no thought of where she was going , just a feeling of need to escape this nightmare.
A nightmare she had been so aware may have been a possibility.
Suddenly she fell to her knees, her heart ached from all the running
but it ached more of the unexpected betrayl.The breaking she knew
would happen but still it hurt more than one thousand knives piercing her once hopeful heart.Her eyes revealed nothing but emptiness and sorrow. Questionable tears felt from
her eyes, landing quietly on the ground.
She looked up and found herself in the park. To her it was just darkness around her.Why? Why was he playing this game with her? She had waited over a year for him ; she had been so convinced he was the one.Was he worth all this? Her heart tells her that he is, still in foolish hope. She can't stop loving him, now and forever, until death claims her, he will be the only one in her heart, and will be forever…

Ran suddenly stands up.
"Shinichi Kudo…" A single tear falls from her cheek. "I love you so
much…" She whispered the words as she slowly walks home.


Shinichi stared desperately after her. He rose up and tried to reach
her. But she was already gone. Shinichi got out of the bed
and was prepared to run after her. He had so much to tell and explain.

" Kudo-kun! I just need to warn you that this is not the cure. In 24
hours you will become Conan again." Ai warned.

"What?!" Shinichi turned around to face the pale girl who lay on the
sofa.
"I've told you that this is an experiment and not the real cure. This is only temporary. Do what you need to do." Ai said smiling.Shinichi returned it.
"I will. Thank you for your help," he said gratefully.Ai watched him when he started to run.
"I was a fool to think that I would win his heart." she said quietly.With a sad smile she rose and slowly walked to her computer. Professor Agasa came in with a tray filled with food.
"Hey! Where did everybody go?" He asked. Ai smiled.
"They had to figure some things out. I see you did some cooking, I'm
starving." she said , changing the subject.Professor Agasa just stared at her.
'I've never seen her smile like this.' he thought. He put the tray on the table and Ai took out a pair of chopsticks. "Please join me Professor." She said and gave him the chopsticks
"This is delicious." she told him.The professor smiled with a sense of pride.
"I am glad you like it."he replied.

Ran opened the door to the apartment and walked in.She could hear the cars outside.She didn't even bother to turn on the lamp. Tediously,
she walked to the dinning room and found a note on the table. She picked it up and began to read it.

~~The note~~
Dear Ran!
I am working with a case , I won't be back until tomorrow morning.And buy some more beer , we're running low,
&nbs p; & nbsp; &nbs p; Dad
~~End of note~~

She smiled and threw it away.
"Sorry Dad , I'm so sorry for everything,I'll miss you," she said lightly as her tears rolled down her chin and gently fell to the table below.

She walked into the kitchen and took out a small knife.She walked quietly to the bathroom , and locked herself inside.Taking the silvery blade to her wrist , she ran the cut under the tap , and watched as her life washed away...
"I love you so ,much..."She whispered.

Shinichi had been combing the town and hadn't seen Ran at all , thoughts of what could have happened stabbed at Shinichi like a cold knife to his heart.What if he lost her? He asked Sonoko if she had seen her , but Sonoko hadn't seen her either.She checked the veach and the karate training hall , when an idea hit him.Maybe she just went home?
He started to run again , towards the apartment.When he reached the door he could hear the sound of running water.He broke into the apartment , still worried about her.
"Ran!" he called out , hoping to the gods for an answer. He walked to the bathroom and rapped at the door.
"Ran , are you in there?" he asked.No response.Taking a hammer to the door , it collapsed after a few swings and couldn't believe what he saw inside. His worst nightmare come to life was not as bad as what he saw before him , nor as heart breaking. Fear froze his heart as he examined Ran lying on the floor , blood running from her wrist and a knife in her hand.Her face had turned pale like that of the dead and water was running over the edge of the sink , making rivers of lightly tinted rivers on the floor. Shinichi was at her side immediately , trying to wake her up.
"Ran , do you hear me?" he said in an almost calm tone.He knew he had to get her to the hospital before it was too late!
Ran heard a very familiar voice. A voice filled with concern and
love. She smiled. When she looked around she found herself in the
darkness but she wasn't really scared. It was just calm and
peaceful. The voice started to scream her name. But there
was light.In a trance-like state she walked towards the light but something stopped her. It was the voice again.
"Ran come back to me. Wake up! Please Ran!" it was saying.
"Who does this voice belong to?" she asked herself , as the light faded away.The light disappeared and she saw her grandmother.
"Granny!" Ran smiled and ran by her side and hugged her. "Please
don't leave me again like once you did. I've missed you so much!"
"Oh darling Ran, you've grown up so much. How have you been?" she asked delicately.
"It has been a hell for me. Can't you take me to into the light? I
know that I'll find peace and calmness there. And I don't need to be
hurt." Ran explained.
Her grandmother pushed her away to face her. She stroked away the
tears and smiled softly.
"Sweetheart, I know that you've gone
through a tough time but so is life. You'll go through all the
suffering, sadness, worry, and all the pain but you'll find
your happiness in it too."she explained gently.
"Y-You won't be with me?"Ran stuttered.
"I am always with you. I remember when you cried for 3 weeks after
I went away. But the pain did wash away with the time didn't it?
You're still so young and your life is not over yet." She said in a soothing tone.
"Oh granny. I love you so much." Ran hugged her granny once again.
"I know , sweetie. Go back to the voice now. I am pretty sure that
your young friend is pretty worried." she said.
"Thank you granny. I love you." Ran let go of her grandmother and
ran back into the darkness. Her grandmother flashed a last smile and
disappeared into the light again.
"I love you too my sweetheart…" she said into the darkness.

Ran opened her eyes and she got hit by the sudden light.
"Where am I?" She looked around and found herself in a white room and she was laying on a bed. Slowly she turned around and found Shinichi sleeping on a chair next to her. Her eyes were filled with tears when she remembered. But there were a smile put on her face. She reached for
Shinichi, just to touch him if he was real or just an illusion.
Shinichi woke up and found his beloved Ran stroking his hair.
"You're awake! How are you feeling? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. Not even thinking about it he hugged her tightly. "Don't
ever to that to me again! Do you hear me? I-I almost lost you!".Ran smiled but she felt really weak but safe in his arms.
"I've missed you so much." she said quietly.
"I've missed you too. I've got so much to explain." he replied.
Ran just shook her head. "You don't need to say anything. I don't
want to hear all your excuses. She gently but firmly pushed him away.
"I told myself that I only needed to see you once again. Now that I have, I don't ever want to see you again!"