Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Return To Me ❯ Gravesite ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Return to Me
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the plot.
 
Chapter 1 - Gravesite
 
Ran stared at the small grave. Even though everyone told her that he was dead, her mind refused to believe it. How could life change that fast? One second, he was laughing with her, the next, he was lying in the street, dead. All because she had been too stupid to watch out for a car. Why Conan? Why? She had wondered this day after day. Why are you gone? Where is Shinichi? What happened? Ran could feel the tears coming down the side of her face but she didn't care. After all, isn't a cemetery a place for mourning?
"You're here again?"
Ran turned around and saw the Osakan Detective leaning against a tree. She didn't answer, but simply nodded.
"You really should move on, Neechan. He wouldn't want you to be like this." Heiji walked over and put a comforting arm around her shoulder.
"Why, Hattori-kun? Why did he have to die?" Ran asked, burying herself into his strong arms and her sobs grew harder.
"I don't know, Neechan. I really don't know." Heiji started to stroke her hair, trying to help her calm down.
Heiji continued to stand there, letting Ran cry her heart out. It's not fair, Kudo. You shouldn't have left Neechan here all alone. Why did you have to leave? Now that Shinichi isn't calling, I think this may have been the last straw for her.
Ran soon ran out of tears to shed and wiped her eyes dry. "Thanks, Hattori-kun. You've been a good friend for me, now that Conan-kun is gone and Shinichi isn't here."
"You need to go home. Come on, I'll take you back." Heiji guided Ran back to the car that he'd rented for the time he was in Beika. He helped her into the car and then shut her door. Moving around to the other side, he got into the driver's seat and started the car.
As he looked out of the rear view mirror, he thought he saw some movement near Conan's grave. He checked it again, but when nothing out of the ordinary showed up, he dismissed it. I've got to stop hoping he somehow made it through this alive. Heiji berated himself as he left the cemetery, heading towards the agency.
 
The soft breeze blew through the cemetery, lifting up the skirt of a young woman slightly. She had watched the two teenagers as they stood over the grave until they had left the cemetery. She knew what they were feeling, and frankly she didn't want to confront Ran about it.
Shaking her head clear, she turned around and started to walk out of the cemetery. As she passed the entrance, she noticed another young woman leaning against the wall.
"Can't let him go, can you Miyano-san?" the stranger asked.
"No, Koizumi-san, I can't." She continued to walk out and headed back to where she was staying.
Don't give up hope, Miyano-san, Mouri-san. Something might change, Koizumi thought, watching the retreating form of the former black-op. Don't ever give up hope.
 
AN: What do you think? Please let me know please? (That means REVIEW!)