Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Return To Me ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Return to Me
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the plot.
 
Chapter 2 - Reflections
 
Miyano Shiho shivered as she walked down the street. I should've remembered my sweater, she silently told herself. Instead, I rush out, just like he would've. She frowned as her thought returned to Conan. She didn't admit to anyone, but ever since she'd met the small detective, she'd a crush growing.
Now that he was gone, she was just like Ran: not for sure if she wanted to live or not. Shiho did have one advantage over Ran, for she knew who Conan really was. Conan wasn't a normal 8 year-old, just like she hadn't been a normal 8 year-old.
Even after they'd taken the Black Ops down two weeks ago, he'd held off telling Ran who he really was. Telling her that he was Kudo Shinichi, the famous detective of the East. He wanted to wait until she'd finished the cure. If he'd only known that he'd lose his life three days later.
That day, Shiho had finished the cure. When she went to find Conan to tell him the good news, she found a heartbroken Ran crying her eyes out at home. Shiho remembered the horrible feeling that she'd felt when she was told what had happened a few hours ago. She felt like the fire in her had gone out, never to be rekindled.
Shinichi was the one who'd brought that fire back in after Akemi had died. He'd accepted her into his life even after he knew she'd created the drug that had destroyed his life. He'd protected her from her former employers, who were looking to kill her. True, at first it was only so she could look for a cure to the drug that had hurt them both, but after awhile, to her at least, it seemed that he was doing it out of friendship.
Shiho never had friends while she was growing up. Now, after she was shrunk, she'd actual friends. Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko, Conan. Every one was a true friend; every one cared for her. Now that Conan was gone, all three of them, especially Ayumi who had a crush on Conan too, were having a hard time. When Ai suddenly disappeared too, they were like a lost puppy. They still inquired about Ai's where abouts, but the professor said that she'd left to return back to her family.
How close to the truth, but so far away, Shiho told herself. I did leave to join my family. I left them as 'Ai-chan' and returned to them as 'Miyano-san', the famous scientist. All thank to the professor's help.
She smiled as she walked down the street, looking at all the small children playing with each other. I wish that my childhood could have been like that. Instead of dolls or crayons, I had books and computers and equations.
"I see you've come back, Shiho-chan."
Shiho looked up to see the professor standing in the doorway of their house. "Yeah, but I think that that will be the last time I go there, Agasa-hakase. It's getting too hard to stare at his grave. I've got to move on."
Agasa smiled. "I know how you feel, and it's nothing to be afraid of. Even though it's been almost two weeks, you shouldn't try to stop mourning. After all, you and him were very close."
Shiho shook her head. "All we were was just distant friends. That's all he wanted us to be."
"That's not true and you know it. He wanted for you two to be real friends. I know because he told me himself. He was just afraid that you didn't want to."
Shiho by the professor's works. Everything that she had thought about their relationship just went down the drain. She felt her knees hitting the ground as she knelt down, but she didn't care. Tears started forming in her eyes and she quickly covered them with her hands.
"Why…Agasa-hakase, why…did he have…to leave?" she managed to croak out between the sobs that were foreign to her. "Didn't he…know how much…he meant to me?"
Agasa walked over to her and knelt down beside her, bringing her into a father-like hug. "He knew, Shiho-chan, he knew."
He continued to hold her as she let herself go and wept, something she hadn't been able to do since Akemi died. She'd spilt no tears the day Conan died. No tears at his funeral. No tears all the times she'd gone back to his grave. Now she let it all go, spilling the tears to make up for all the times she should have cried but didn't.
Agasa knew she needed to do this and so he didn't try to help her calm down. Shinichi, if you can hear me, somehow let her know that it's alright. That you cared somewhat for her. Otherwise, I think that she may follow into the next life. Ran-chan might follow both of you if you don't do something about her too. Please, Shinichi. Do something.
 
AN: I know that everyone probably wants to kill me, but please wait! (At least until I've finished all of my stories. That includes this one.) Please review. I accept compliments, suggestions, flames, death threats, letter bombs, and nuclear missiles…though that might hurt me and then I can't finish this. You will like the ending, if you let me write it. Remember to review!