Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Sea Top Incident ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Detective Prince
Chapter 44
Sea Top Incident

He sat to the passenger seat with the window rolled down, allowing for the air to glide through his hair. It wasn't long after that they reached their destination, skimming around the parking lot to find an empty space.

"There's one," Dick said pointing to a spot which sat to a shaded area. "Can't get any better than that."

The two stepped out once parked, making sure to lock the doors before closing them.

"I brought you to TWB bank just like you asked," Hiroshi said. "So what is it you're hoping to find out?"

"Mr. Salvonte has three banks he has done business with in the past month," Dick began. "What I want to know is why he chose this one in particular for his transaction with Luthor."

"How do you plan on finding that out?"

"By setting up an account of course, this way we'll have insight on how business is done here," Dick replied. "And if we know why he chose TWB, that might just put us one step closer to finding out what's really going on."  

"Great thinking Grayson," Hiroshi complimented. "Would you like me to accompany you inside?"

"No need to," Dick replied. "But if you would like to escape the heat then be my guest."

He took him up on his offer. The two of them walked in through the front entrance, hoping they'd be able to shed some light on this already complex situation.

They had walked for nearly twenty minutes, neither speaking a word the whole time. Conan became more and more curious as to where they were going with each passing minute.

"I wonder if we're almost to this mystery place he has us walking to."

Conan then looked up to Tim who finally came to a stop.

"We're here."

Conan turned his head to the left to find a large building towering high above.

"What are we doing here?" Conan asked as Tim walked forward.

"Right this way," Tim instructed. "We're almost there."

Conan followed him to the right side of the building where they came across a steel door. It was stiff, but that didn't stop Conan from easily pulling it to the side. Tim walked in first to find a stairwell.

"Perfect, this should take us all the way to the top."

"Why are we going up there," Conan asked. "I don't see the meaning in this."

"Trust me," Tim said. "This is something you'll want to see."

"I'll take your word for it, but remember we only have an hour before we have to be back." Conan reminded.

"I haven't forgotten," Tim said. "Besides I'm sure she wouldn't mind if we're just a few minutes late."

"And you'll be the one explaining if that turns out to be the case."

"Then let's hurry, it shouldn't take us very long to reach the top."

With that the two began their path up the stairs. It was nearly pitch dark, the exit lights on each floor being the only source of light to guide their way. They came across several spider webs on their way up, causing him to become slightly suspicious.

"Are you sure you've been up this way," Conan questioned. "If you ask me I'd say no one has walked up through here in quite some time."

"That might be the case considering I've never actually taken the stairs." Tim said.

"Ok, that makes sense."

They made their way up past five additional floors from where they stood, finally reaching the end to come across a large door. Tim shoved it open to have a gust of wind blow right past them.

"And here we are."

The door flew shut once the two stepped out onto the roof. Conan made his way to the edge of the building, looking down to catch a wonderful view of the city. He could see miles and miles out from each side.

"Wow, how long have you known about this place?" Conan asked.

"For awhile now," Tim replied. "It helps me think when I'm here."

"Have you shown Dick yet?"  

"No, your the first."

"What is this place anyway?" Conan asked while turning back to him.

"Not sure to tell you the truth," Tim replied. "I just call it the bell tower."

"Why's that?"

"Because of that large bell." Tim said pointing to the left.

"Now I see." Conan said giving it a look.

Tim made his way over to the edge of the building where he took a seat, letting his legs hang over the side. Conan joined him soon after, having a seat right next to him.

"You should see the city from here at night," Tim said. "Best view you can get."

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you," Conan said. "Besides English and Japanese, what other languages can you speak?"

"Spanish, German, French, Russian, and a little bit of Cantonese," Tim answered. "Why'd you want to know?"

"With all the traveling you must do I thought you might know a couple."

"It's nothing in comparison to how many Bruce knows," Tim said. "Then there's the task in becoming fluent, which of course takes a lot of time and practice."

They sat for awhile longer, welcoming the warm breeze which pushed from one side to the other. Conan looked down at his watch a minute later, feeling it was about time they headed back.

"Why did you really bring me here," Conan asked. "Isn't there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I think it's you who has something to share with me."

"Excuse me?"

"Back after that little incident at ROTI you said you had something to tell me," Tim reminded. "You never did tell me what."

"Like I told you before, it was nothing."

"You're a decent liar, and even better at playing it off," Tim commented. "But here's the thing, I received a call from Sonoko this morning."

"What's that have to do with me?"

"Nothing, It was actually about Ran," Tim said. "It appears she's had something on her mind she's been wanting to tell Sonoko about, something that happened at ROTI."

"If that's the case, then why call you about it?"

"Apparently it has something to do with some boy she knows, Sonoko assumed it was me," Tim replied. "But we both know I didn't arrive until after she was unconscious, so... that leaves you."

Conan looked away, leaving a couple passing seconds of silence. He waited, hoping he'd get an answer from him.

"Ok... you win," Conan said giving in. "We did it."

"Did what?"

"We kissed," Conan finally blurted. "Well... at least I think we did."

"What do you mean you think?"

"You're the one who said the gas I inhaled could have caused hallucinations." Conan stated. "That's what made me have doubts about it actually happening."

"I guess there's only one way to find out."

"Don't you dare say anything to her about this," Conan snapped. "This stays between you and I."

"That's not what I had in mind."

"It's not?"

"What I was going to have you do is tell me everything you remember about those few moments you shared," Tim replied. "Can you do that for me?"

Conan nodded.

"So tell me, what was it like," Tim asked. "Do you remember tasting anything?"

He received a glare in return.

"I swear this isn't for some inside fantasy," Tim laughingly said. "I just need your input to help diagnose if it really happened."

Conan looked away, trying to recall what had happened in that small cell just a little over a week ago.

"I remember closing my eyes, still moving closer once I did," Conan began. "And that's when it happened."

"Come on will ya," Tim said looking down at his watch. "We're already on the borderline of time here, I need a distinct detail."

"Cut me some slack Tim, telling you is already embarrassing enough as it is." Conan said.

"Sorry, you won't hear another word out of me."

He thought about what he had said, 'A distinct detail.' The more he thought, the more that came back to him.

"Grape, that's kind of what I remember tasting."

"Yea... you might have been hallucinating," Tim said. "A very wild hallucination."

Conan breathed out relief.

"That's good to hear," Conan said. "I'd never want something like that to happen when it did."

"Even if you were about to die?" Tim asked.

"Can we just go," Conan said sitting up. "We're already going to be late, let's not extend onto that."

"Wait up." Tim said following after him.

He sat with his back rested to one of the chairs in the waiting area. He found his attention directed to a TV pinned to the upper wall, helping the time go by. It took over fifteen minutes for him to return.

"How did it go?" Dr. Agasa asked sitting up from the chair.

"Didn't find anything out of the ordinary."

"What were you hoping to find?"

"I checked for benefits and interest ratings," Dick replied. "Unfortunately neither of those two things answers why he chose this bank over the others."

"Have you looked into the other banks as well for comparison?"

"Checked online this morning," Dick confirmed. "But I wanted to give TWB a closer look since this is the one he chose."

"Perhaps if we knew more about Mr. Salvonte it would be easier to understand his motive." Dr. Agasa said.

"You and I may not know him," Dick said. "But Conan and Tim do, we'll just have to rely on them for this task."

"For what," Dr. Agasa questioned. "Do you have something in mind?"

"Maybe."

"Would you like me to call Shinichi?"

"No need to, I'll sort all that out later," Dick said. "Do you still think you can access the information on that account?"

"If it hasn't been locked down then I don't see why not."

"Good, because I think it's time we gave it another look."

They took their time as they walked down the last street, both resting their hands into the comfort of their pockets.

"Now that we're almost there, I think it's time you told me what's on the agenda for the rest of the day."

"What do you mean?" Tim asked.

"I thought you said you had some place in mind you wanted the three of us to go."

"Oh that." Tim said bringing a hand to his chin.

Conan looked up to see a lost and clueless expression on his face.

"Let me guess," Conan said. "You never had anything planned, did you?"

"Nope."

"Can't say I'm surprised," Conan said. "If you wanted to talk to me why didn't you just call?"

"I did, but you didn't pick up," Tim stated. "And when she answered the door with that look on her face, I found myself a little lost for words."

"I'm starting to believe your excessive computer time is beginning to damage your social skills," Conan said. "So what do you plan to say when we get there?"

"We still have about a minute," Tim said bringing his watch up to his eyes. "That means we still have time to come up with something."

"We... don't you mean you," Conan corrected. "This was your idea remember?"

"But you know this area better than I do," Tim said. "So I'm pretty sure you could come up with something quicker."

"It would have really helped if you had mentioned this a little sooner."

"I was still in the process of thinking up something myself."

"Well keep thinking." Conan said. "Between the two of us we should be able to come up with something."

Without really realizing they found themselves stalling with each step. They came to a stop once reaching the front, deciding not to go up just yet.

"Have you come up with anything?" Tim asked.

"Not yet, but we better hurry," Conan replied. "We don't want to keep her waiting too much longer."

They then turned at the sound of someone heading down the staircase, stepping to the side as she joined the both of them.

"I thought I might find the two of you down here," Ran said with a smile. "So where are we going?"

Conan and Tim looked to one another, expecting the other to answer.

"There's actually been a change in plans." Tim said turning back to her.

"What do you mean?"

"The place I had in mind is closed on Sundays," Tim said. "And since that's the case we'll let you decide what we're going to do."

"Oh really," Ran said in excitement. "I know just the place."

"And where's that?" Tim asked.

"You'll just have to wait and see," Ran said turning to walk. "Right this way."

"Look on the bright side," Tim said looking down to Conan. "It could have turned out a lot worse."

"Who says I'm complaining?" Conan said following after her.

"I wonder where we're going." Tim thought.

He sat in silence the whole ride back, listening to the radio for any incoming news.

"We're here." Hiroshi said as they pulled in.

They stepped out once parked, making their way in through the front door.

"Where's Haibara," Dick asked. "I could have sworn I saw her before we left."

"She's around somewhere," Hiroshi said taking a seat in front of the computer. "It'll only take me a few minutes to get it on screen, so sit tight."

"No need to hurry Agasa, I'm not in a rush."

He found his eyes wondering around the as he waited, observing the many things that filled the room.

"How'd the testing on that flying hand of yours go?"

"It had a slight disfunction during my last session," Hiroshi replied. "I'll have to fix it up a bit before any further testing can be done."

"Good luck with that, I know how tough that stuff can be."

"Oh no."

"What's wrong?" Dick asked looking to the screen.

"The account has been locked," Hiroshi informed. "Whatever they were using that account for is clearly over."

"And finding out what isn't going to be easy," Dick said. "There's got to be something else linking the two companies together."

"What do you propose we do from here?"

"It's time to do some digging," Dick said with a step back. "Some deep digging."

"You mean on the two companies?"

"Not exactly," Dick answered. "If we ever plan on finding out what we need to know, we're going to have to move in from a different angle."

"I see you have something in mind."

"My phones running on low right now, so if  you happen to see Conan or Tim around let them know I'll be a little busy." Dick said as he headed for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To go begin my search."

"Will you be needing a ride?" Hiroshi asked.

"No need to, it's not very far from here," Dick replied. "Besides, I could use the walk."

"Until next time."

"I look forward to it." Dick said before walking out the front door.

"Me too."

The two of them dragged along from the rare, following close behind as she went into yet another small shop.

"The mall, oh why did it have to be the mall?" Tim muttered.

"Stop your bickering," Conan said. "You're the one who jinxed this anyway."

"What do you mean," Tim questioned. "I didn't jinx anything."

"Whatever you say ring tone man."

"Ok, you win," Tim said giving in. "You won't hear another complaint out of me."

She came back out before they could enter, leaving the two of them a little surprised.

"I think you just set a record for entering and exiting." Tim said.

"I walked into the wrong place," Ran said. "It doesn't happen very often."

"So what place are you looking for?" Tim asked.

"There," Ran pointed. "It's right over there."

The three of them walked past a small group of people, coming to a stop once reaching the front entrance.

"A beauty shop," Tim questioned. "I think I'll just wait out hear, there's nothing in there for me."

"I'll stay with you," Conan said. "This isn't my kind of store either."

"Well that's to bad," Ran stated. "Because you're both coming in."

"... Why?" Tim asked.

"Because we're supposed to be spending the day together," Ran reminded. "I promise this will be my last stop, then we can go anywhere you two want to go."

"Sounds like a deal to me." Conan said.

"Ok, I can defiantly agree to that."

"Great," Ran said heading for the door. "I knew we could come to some kind of agreement."

With that the three of them headed in. They looked to the right to see a table with multiple types of hair sprays lined up. Directly across the room to the left stood a stack of several brands of perfume.

"Try to find something to keep yourselves entertained," Ran said. "I won't be long."

They stood in place as she took to the back end of the store. Tim was the first to make a move, walking over to a shelf in the right corner. Conan seeing this decided to follow after him.

"What are you doing," Conan asked. "Don't tell me you're actually going to buy something."

"What color do you want," Tim asked holding out two separate containers. "Purple or a baby soft blue?"

"And since when do I wear eye shadow?" Conan asked with the cross of his arms.

"Lighten up a little," Tim said setting them back to the shelf. "I'm just trying to keep us entertained like Ran suggested."

"You sure have a creative way of doing that."

"Hey, at least I'm trying."

Just as they were about to head back to the front someone could be heard approaching from their blind side, both turning to immediately recognize who it was.

"Out of all people, I never expected to see the two of you here."

"You're Akiye Samurakami right," Conan asked. "We saw you at that party where the shooting took place."

"That would be the one." Akiye said.

"What happened to you after the explosion occurred," Conan asked. "You were one of the many people who went missing after the smoke cleared."

"I left to avoid any further possible attacks."

"So what are you doing here," Tim asked. "Keeping up with the latest hair blends?"

"I'm actually the manager of this store," Akiye stated. "Now if you don't mind me asking, what are the two of you doing here?"

"We're actually with her." Tim said pointing to the back of the store.

"Who's she, your girlfriend?"

"Close, but she's actually involved with my little friend here," Tim said patting Conan to the top of his head. "Don't let his size fool you, he's got some extreme game."

"I'm not even going to respond to that," Akiye said turning away. "Just let it be known, I've got my eyes on the two of you."

They watched as she walked to the other side of the store, a smile coming to Tim's face as she did.

"You think I creeped her out?" Tim asked.

"If that was your intent, mission accomplished." Conan said giving him the thumbs up.

Ran returned to the front shortly after, finding the two of them hanging over near the hair sprays.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Conan asked.

"They didn't have the right kind," Ran replied. "I'll check back in about a week or so."

"Now what," Tim questioned. "What do you guys want to do next?"

"It's hot out, so why don't we head to the ice cream shop?" Ran suggested.

"What do you say Conan, you up for an ice cone?" Tim asked.

"Sounds good to me."

"Then it's settled," Ran said. "It's not far from here, we just past it on our way here."

They didn't waste any time, back tracking from where they had come. After receiving their ice cream cones they left the shopping center.

"That sure was refreshing." Ran said.

"You can say that again." Conan said in agreement.

Tim leveled a hand just above his eyes, observing the darkened clouds in the far distance, slowly moving their way.

"It looks like we could get some rain in the next few hours." Tim said. "Any idea what the two of you want to do before that happens?"

Conan shrugged his shoulders.

"How about we go skating?"

"Pass." Tim rejected.

"Seconded." Conan agreed.

"I don't exactly see either of you coming up with anything," Ran said. "Or would you prefer to go back to the mall?"

"Skating sounds good to me." Tim said.

"Skating it is." Conan added.

"Follow me," Ran said taking lead once more. "It's located just down this street."

They spent a few hours hours at the skating center. Once finished they headed to a bowling alley which took up an additional two hours. Still looking for something else to do they ended up becoming spectators for a live performance on the streets. As the day came closer to an end they managed to come across a photo booth, walking in to take a few shots. Conan looked down at his watch as the sky continued to darken.

"How come you didn't come out and skate with us earlier?" Ran asked.

"I only agreed to put them on," Tim replied. "I never said I was actually going to skate."

"What's wrong, you don't know how to?"

"It has nothing to do with that," Tim said. "My left ankle has been giving me troubles for the past few days."

"Well that's funny, because you seem to have been able to walk just fine throughout the day."

"Yea.. that's because."

"Ran it's almost eight O'clock," Conan said cutting in. "Don't you think we should be heading home right about now, we do have school tomorrow after all."

"Thanks for the save." Tim whispered.

Ran gave her watch a look as well, confirming his claim.

"I guess it is getting a bit late."

"Then I think it's time we called it a night." Tim said.

"I had a lot of fun, we'll have to do it again some time," Ran said. "We could even have Sonoko come along next time."

"Sounds like a solid plan too me," Tim agreed. "You two be safe on your way home, I better be getting back as well."

"I'll see you tomorrow." Ran waved as Tim headed in the opposite direction of the two.

"What a day this turned out to be." Conan thought. "But there's something about Ms. Samurakami, I don't know what it is, but something just seems so... secretive."

This laid to the back of his mind the whole walk home. After another hour or so the rain they had been expecting had finally arrived, drizzling down for miles out.

It was well past ten when he finally decided to look over to the clock, shaking his sleepiness off as he continued his examination. The door to the room slid open not long after.

"How'd you know I'd be here?"

"You're a late bird," Dick replied. "I'd never expect you to be in bed this early."

"What are you doing here anyway?" Tim asked.

"I need you to have another talk with Bondo Salvonte."

"About what?" Tim asked.

"I had a little visit with Agasa today, that account between Lexcorp and ROTI has been locked down," Dick informed. "I've done a little searching, but I want you to have a word with Salvonte."

"What do you want me to ask," Tim questioned. "It's not like I can just go in and ask him about his business with Lex without seeming suspicious."

"That's not the approach I had in mind," Dick said. "It's much more discreet."

"And what might that be?"

"Tell you what, we'll discuss it over lunch tomorrow," Dick said. "As I can see you're a little busy."

"It's nothing serious, just looking over this diamond Makoto lent me," Tim said. "The Gueto as it's called."

Dick moved in closer to catch a glimpse of something on the computer screen, which grabbed his attention.

"What's that you have there?"

"A woman was killed on top of a club house I was supposed to attend," Tim informed. "I'm still looking into the case from here in Tokyo."

"I'll let you get back to that," Dick said heading for the door. "I'll send you a message with the directions where to meet me some time tomorrow."

"I might be a little late," Tim said. "There's someone I need to talk to after school."

"That doesn't concern me one bit, I'm sure I can find something to keep me occupied," Dick said. "I'll see you then."

Tim nodded, focusing his attention back to the diamond as Dick exited the room.

The next morning was an early start. He walked to school with his eyes dazed into the distance, still feeling the affects of an extended weekend. He took his time crossing the street, not exactly ready to go back.

"One more day off would have been nice."

He made it to the school grounds shortly after, looking over to see his friends waiting for him by the side of the wall.

"I told you he'd be here soon." Mitsuhiko said.

"What took you so long?" Ai asked as he joined the four of them.

"I was actually contemplating on whether or not to sleep in for another hour." Conan replied.

"But then you would have been late for class." Ayumi stated.

"I was kidding," Conan said with a smile. "Though I do wish we had one more day off."

"Couldn't agree more," Genta said. "Though we never did go see that movie you guys."

"How about Wednesday," Mitsuhiko suggested. "Is everyone open on that day."

"I'll have to check with my parents." Ayumi said.

"Me too." Genta added.

"Wednesday works for me," Conan said. "What about you Haibara?"

She nodded in response.

"Great, now all we have to do is wait and see if you two can come on that day." Mitsuhiko said.

"I'm almost afraid to ask what we're going to go see." Conan thought.

"We better get to class, we only have a few minutes until the bell rings." Genta said.

They didn't waste any time, heading straight to class from there. Conan could see her glimpse over at him as they walked, knowing there was probably something she wanted to talk to him about.

Mid day had finally arrived. He made his way down to the roadside, signaling for a taxi once there. He checked his watch every few minutes as they drove. They came to a stop after a long twenty minute drive.

"Is this the place?" The driver asked turning in his seat.

He looked out the window to his left to to locate a sign which read 'Sea Top'.

"Yes, this will do."

He stepped out once paying, making his way into the restaurant. He was immediately recognized by the woman standing at the front desk.

"Wait a minute, haven't I seen you before," She asked giving him a closer look. "Oh yes, your the famous detective Mouri."

"That would be me." Kogoro confirmed.

"How may I help you today?"

"I'm actually supposed to meet with someone." Kogoro informed.

"Could you possibly give me a name," She asked. "I could let you know if they've come in yet."

"I'm sorry, but that's confidential."

"I see, you're working with a client," She said. "In that case you can just walk right on in."

"Thank you for your time.. Ms. Sulak." Kogoro said looking down at her name tag.  

With that he made his way into the seating area, looking to see many people gathered around the center of the room.

"I wonder what's going on here."

He looked down at his watch to check the time as he made his way to a seat located in the far back.

"This is where he said he'd meat me." Kogoro thought while having a seat.

He kept his attention to those around him, watching as a man with a cap lowered over his eyes walked over and leaned to one of the walls.

"I wonder what that guy is up to?"  

It wasn't until that second that he felt the presence of someone standing to the side of him.

"Eri, what are you doing here?" Kogoro asked.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm here to meet with a client," Kogoro answered. "And you?"

"I was invited by Chef Renin to come see the show."

"What show?"

"He and another Chef are supposed to have a little cook out competition."

"That would explain why no one is seated but me."

"I'm going to head to the front for a better view," Eri said turning to walk. "Good luck with your meeting."

He sat back as he continued to wait, giving his watch another look. The same mysterious man from early still stood to the side of the wall. Kogoro ignored him, looking to the other side of the room to see a man in shades and a scarf heading his way.

"Thanks for coming detective." He said having a seat across from him.

"It's good to finally meet you Anguó."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to dive right into it."

"Fine by me," Kogoro said easing in. "So tell me, what has been bothering you?"

"It's my wife," Anguó began. "I believe she's been having an affair."

"And how long do you think this has been going on for?"

He took a few moments to think about it, looking back up once ready to answer.

"I'd say for roughly two months."

"Any idea who this other man may be?"

Anguó nodded, pointing to the front of the room to where everyone else had their eyes focused to.

"His name's Chef Renin."

"Who's the other guy next to him?" Kogoro asked.

"Chef Yuki, he's supposed to be competing with Renin."

"How often do you believe your wife sees him?" Kogoro asked.

"Pretty much everyday."

"What," Kogoro exclaimed. "How so?"

"Because she works here," Anguó informed. "You probably met Bik on your way in."

"Don't tell me your wife is Mrs. Sulak!"

"Bik Sulak to be exact," Anguó said. "And I'm Anguó Sulak."

"We appreciate all your patience," Chef Renin spoke loudly. "We will begin very shortly."
 
The two of them turned just in time to see her walk into the back room with both Chefs right behind.

"What do you think is going on now?" Kogoro asked.

"They're probably making last minute preparations before they begin."Anguó replied. "So, will you help me find out if she really has been involved with him?"

"Of course," Kogoro answered. "That's what I do."

The two of them sat in wait for a time to come. Bik returned from the back after a good five minutes, making her way back to the front desk. Others made their way in and out through the doors, neither of them really paying attention to this.

"So how do you plan on figuring out this whole thing?" Anguó asked.

"We'll wait for the show to end, then I'll make my move from there."

Minutes passed as they continued to wait. The doors to the kitchen flew wide open as the Chef Yuki came walking out with the push of a table with all the contents hidden under a large blanket.

"Looks like it's show time."

He stopped once reaching the center of the room, giving everyone a warming smile before taking a step forward.

"I'm glad you were all able to come," Chef Yuki said. "I will go first, then we'll all have the luxury of seeing what Mr. Renin has to offer."

"So how does the voting work?" Someone asked.

"That doesn't come until the end," Chef Yuki replied. "Are there anymore questions?"  

There was no hands raised, everyone keeping their eyes set to him.

"Then let us begin."

He reached down to grab the blanket, tossing it to the side as everyones eyes shot wide in horror. Many screamed out as they pushed back.

"What's going on?"Anguó questioned.

"Stay here." Kogoro instructed as he jumped from his seat.

He pushed his way through the crowd, arriving to the front to find out what had been hidden behind the blanket. It was none other than Chef Renin, his body laid out to the table.

"It wasn't me!" Chef Yuki said backing away.

"Alright everyone," Kogoro said facing the crowd. "I need everyone to move back, this is now a crime scene."

Kogoro then caught sight of Eri who gave him a look. He didn't  know what to think at first, continuing to get everyone to clear the way. Everyone did as instructed except for Eri who walked right up to him.

"What are you doing," Kogoro said becoming impatient. "Can't you see I'm in the middle of getting things settled?"

"I thought you might want to know about the guy tampering with the scene behind you."

"What guy?!" Kogoro yelled as he spun around.

It was none other than him, the man he had seen standing in the corner earlier.

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

"Two cut's to the lower abdomen, one to the back of the neck," He said as he examined the body. "I'd say he died within twenty seconds of the encounter."

"Did you not hear me," Kogoro stomped while coming to a stop directly behind him. "This is a crime scene, and I need everyone to get back which includes you!"

"Sorry about that, I just wanted to give the body a look myself." The capped man said turning to face him.

"Usually people jump back at the sight of a dead body, but you seem rather comfortable," Kogoro stated. "Who are you anyway."

"Dick Grayson." He replied tipping his hat up.

To Be Continued












< br>
 


Converting /tmp/phpGCIdcz to /dev/stdout