Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Time ❯ A Ghost from the Grave ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Detective Conan, all characters belong to Gosho Aoyama.

Chapter 2: A Ghost from the Grave

Knock knock.

"It's open, come in," Ran called from the kitchen. Someone was knocking on the door to her father's detective agency. Her father should be there by now.

"Whoa! What are YOU doing here?" Ran heard her father say. Then she heard arguing.

Who could it be? I'll go check it out. Ran walked to the living room. In the room stood Kudo Shinichi, the boy she had longed to see for a year. Shinichi was arguing with her father. Kudo wanted to see Ran, but Kogoro was saying no.

"Shinichi? Are you really Shinichi?"

"Yeah, Ran. I'm for real," Shinichi said as he held out his arms to hug her.

Ran let Shinichi hug her. She loved the smell of Shinichi, the warmth of his body, the quickness of his mind…she loved EVERYTHING about Shinichi. As the teens drew apart, they finally realize that Kogoro is standing there. He stares at them with his mouth open.

"Dad…can't you leave us for a while?" Ran smiled.

"Okay, okay. I'll go watch some shows upstairs," Kogoro said reluctantly as he left the room.

"Ran…I'm sorry…I really didn't mean to leave without notice but I--" Shinichi began.

"No, Shinichi. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I yelled every time you called. I just really wanted you to come back." Ran sighed but smiled. "Now I realize how important you are to me. Like people say, we never realize the true worth of something until it's gone. I'm just glad you're back. I don't care why and how or whatever. I just want you by my side and that's enough. The past doesn't matter now. At least we're together now, right?" Ran was crying, but she wasn't sad, she was happy.

Before Shinichi could answer, she continued, "I heard people saying that you were dead, killed on some case and I became real worried. I thought those rumors might have been true and when you didn't call me for 3 weeks after I heard those rumors, I started to believe it. When I told Conan I had lost you, he was real surprised. I guess he didn't hear those rumors, but I'm glad he didn't. That kid gets real upset about you sometimes." Ran smiled.

"Conan…he's just Conan. We used to play together a lot, when he was very little. He's a nice kid, but kind of too mature for his age. He told me that you told him many things that he didn't like to listen too. He was touched that you would actually tell him those things. Conan's just special." Shinichi smiled. I'm sooo glad to be bad to my normal body. Ran really needs me.

"At first I thought you were a ghost from the grave. You look very pale. Are you hurt or sick or something?"

"Nah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired, I guess," he shrugged. "If you thought I was a ghost, why didn't you scream? Don't you always scream when you see something ghost like?"

"Not if it's you. You just make my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. How can I scream when I…love you…"

"Ran…you…" Shinichi was in shock. He had planned to tell Ran his feeling first, but she beat him to it.

"Shinichi, promise me one thing." Ran hugged Shinichi tighter. "Please don't leave by myself ever again."

"I'll promise you that, Ran, and I promise I'll never break it for as long as I live since I love you as much as I do life."

"Why life?"

"If we didn't have life, I wouldn't be able to see you. So I guess I'll have to thank God for getting through the situation I was in and letting me happy."

"Shinichi, we idiots, aren't we? Loving each other, but not telling. It was so obvious. Right?"

"Yeah, you can say that again." Shinichi leaned over and kissed Ran on the lips. Ran froze.

"Shinichi, you…"

"What? You didn't like it?" he said with a sly smile.

"No, it's just…You beat me to it!" Ran hugged Shinichi as they couple kissed again. They were happy as they could ever be.

Little did the couple know that their happiness would soon turn to grief.

"So, Conan went home?" the three kids asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, but his parents came all of a sudden and took him with them. He'll be alright. Don't worry about him," Shinichi said.

"Ahn…man…he's going to miss on a lot of stuff. Oh well, I'll find someone else!" Ayumi turned and dragged Genta and Mitsuhiko toward the park. "Come on, let's play!"

Shinichi watched the threesome run away. Just yesterday, I was a member of their group. Shinichi sighed. Sorry Ayumi, very sorry.

~to be continued~

I hope this is okay…but oh well. Most people probably don't read stories from 13-year-olds. I don't really care. I just hope someone out there will enjoy what I enjoy. ^_-