Clamp School Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Nokoru's First Love ❯ That’s Entertainment ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Finally some Nokoru/Ami moments, alongside with Suoh/Nagisa and Akira/Utako. Read and review.
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts and flashbacks.
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every single time? I own not the legal rights of Sailor Moon or CLAMP Campus Detectives.
 
Chapter 9: That's Entertainment
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
The scene opens with Nokoru and the Rijichou sitting under a shady tree.
 
“Nokoru-san…” the Rijichou began.
 
“Yes.” Nokoru replied.
 
“I hear that the Clamp School Detectives rescued yet another damsel in distress.” The Rijichou remarked.
 
“It is the duty and destiny of the Clamp School Detectives to be of aid to every lady in this world.” Nokoru answered.
 
“That is wonderful, Nokoru-san.” The Rijichou commented.
 
“No. Everything is thanks to Suoh and Akira. It isn't possible without them. Because I have their aid, Clamp School Detectives can exist.” Nokoru added.
 
“Nokoru-san, you have truly wonderful friends.” The Rijichou noted.
 
“Yes, I'm always thankful for them.” Nokoru replied.
 
Then, he thought of something.
 
“Rijichou. I have a favor to ask.” He began.
 
“A favor?” the Rijichou echoed.
 
“If you don't mind…” Nokoru added.
 
“You can come out now.” The Rijichou spoke, once Nokoru was out of earshot.
 
“Of course, Rijichou-sama.” Ami nodded, stepping out of her hiding place behind the cluster of trees.
 
Smiling at the girl, the Rijichou asked, “What's your opinion of this?”
 
“Sneaking yet effective. Only he can think of such an idea.” Ami replied.
 
“Nokoru-kun has always been like that. That's one reason why I like him.” she added, smiling wistfully at the blonde's retreating back.
 
“Mizuno-san. This is the reason why I wanted you here.” The Rijichou said, revealing a ring in her palm to the girl.
 
“Rijichou this is…” Ami gasped in recognition.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
The next day…
 
“It's unusual. Kaichou is willing to go through the paperwork.” Akira whispered to Suoh when the two saw Nokoru doing Council work without any complaints.
 
“Really. If it's always like this, we can get so much Council work done.” Suoh whispered back.
 
“It's probably the joint Council meeting between us and the Kindergarten Division is coming up on the weekend.” Akira noted.
 
There's something wrong. I feel weird. Suoh mused.
 
Turns out, Suoh has a reason to be worried as you will see why.
 
A door knock knocked Suoh out of his musings.
 
“Yes, come in.” Akira responded.
 
The door opened, with Nagisa and Utako stepping in.
 
“President Ohkawa of the Kindergarten Division.” Akira beamed.
 
Nagisa-san… Suoh pondered.
 
“Good day. Takamura-sama and Ijyuin-sama.” Utako greeted.
 
“We came by as President Imonoyama said he had something to talk about.” Nagisa replied.
 
“Hello. Thank you for coming all the way over here.” Suoh replied.
 
Then, he gave Akira a nod which the treasurer understood.
 
“Kaichou, President Ohkawa and Nagisa-san are here to se you.” Akira reported.
 
No answer.
 
Akira sweatdropped.
 
“Kaichou? President Ohkawa and Nagisa-san…” Akira repeated.
 
Still no answer.
 
“Kaichou…” Akira repeated, placing a hand on the blonde's shoulder.
 
A split second later, something popped out of his hand, transforming into a screw. The said bolt then fell to the ground.
 
Akira let out a gasp of horror.
 
“Kaichou!” he wailed, running after the key.
 
“What's wrong, Ijyuin?” Suoh asked, hearing Akira's cry.
 
“Kaichou lost a screw from his head!” Akira cried, showing Suoh the fallen screw.
 
Suoh sweatdropped, “Impossible.”
 
“Sempai, could this be real? Is it from using his brain too much?” Akira wailed frantically.
 
Suoh turned to where Nokoru was sitting and realized what it was all about
 
“Ijyuin, Ijyuin… what part of that is Kaichou?” Suoh asked, pacifying the hysterical treasurer.
 
Akira blinked and turned to Nokoru, only to find a robotic replacement.
 
“Really! With that much enthusiasm to build this thing, the amount of paperwork he currently has should be no problem.” Suoh muttered, standing beside the robotic clone.
 
The he sweatdropped when he looked over the robot's shoulder and saw what it had been doing the entire time.
 
“I'm so glad! Kaichou didn't really lose a screw from his head.” Akira beamed in relief.
 
“Really… I have to get him to finish all the backlogged paperwork.” Suoh sighed.
 
“A letter?” Akira blinked, noticing the paper in the hollow tube of the bolt.
 
Retrieving the said paper, Suoh recited the contents.
 
Suoh, Akira, I have to go out for a special reason. Humans need some time to rest. Just in case, I will leave hints to where I will be. If the need arises, use all your sleuthing skills as the Clamp School Detectives and find me.
 
P.S: I'm still on campus.
 
“That means that the next case for the Clamp School Detectives is to find Kaichou. Since there are two hints, one for Takamura-sempai and one for me, I guess he wants us to conduct our search independently.” Akira reasoned.
 
“Ijyuin, this is no joke. I have to have him finish at least this paperwork today.” Suoh told the treasurer.
 
“You're right. We still have that much left.” Akira nodded.
 
“We must find Kaichou quickly.” Suoh noted.
 
“We'll help.” Utako offered.
 
“We cannot let the crisis of the Student Councils idly slide by us. Right Nagisa?” she beamed.
 
“Yes I would like to be of some assistance too.” Nagisa nodded.
 
“But…” Suoh frowned.
 
“We will help!” Utako insisted.
 
“Right! Right! Thank you for your help.” Suoh agreed, fearing Utako's response if he had not agreed. (SailorStar9: Remember guys, never ever incur the wrath of a girl.)
 
“But…” Akira blinked when he retrieved the contents of his letter.
 
“Why did Kaichou do something like this?” he asked.
 
“That's probably because…” Suoh began.
 
“He thought it would be fun.” The two Council members chorused together.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
“A piece of bread with the number 5 are the hints to President Imonoyama's whereabouts.” Utako noted, as she and Akira stood in front of the Cute Bakery Deuklyon.
 
“I wonder what this number 5 means.” Akira mused.
 
“5th Avenue.” Utako ventured a guess.
 
“5th train platform.” Akira suggested.
 
“The #5-szied playing board for go!” Utako exclaimed.
 
Then, she sweatdropped, “Nah, that can't be.”
 
“5th mall… 5th hall…” Utako sighed.
 
“See, we have a lot of them on campus.” Akira remarked.
 
“So that's why you came here first.” Utako realized.
 
“Yes, the piece of bread.” Akira nodded.
 
“It was delicious.” Utako beamed.
 
“The proportions of flour, milk and butter. If my memory is correct, it was from here. It should be a piece of croissant from Deuklyon.” Akira noted.
 
“Marvelous. I can't believe you would get all that with one bite.” Utako beamed.
 
“No, it's nothing.” Akira chuckled.
 
“Welcome! What would you like?” Kentarou greeted the pair when the bell on the door announced their arrival.
 
“Kentarou, this isn't a sushi restaurant.” Takeshi reminded him.
“Yeah. The customers are surprised.” Erii chided.
 
“Right?” she asked the two younger students.
 
“What are you saying, Takeshi, Erii? Business is all in your enthusiasm!” Kentarou declared, striking a pose.
 
“Idiot! What are you doing surprising our guests?” Erii gave the over-enthusiastic Kentarou a flying kick before his punch landed on the unfortunate pair.
 
Takeshi sweatdropped at Kentarou's stupidness.
 
“You're going overboard.” He told him.
 
“Thanks for coming. I got great fresh bread today, a whole bunch of it.” Kentarou immediately jumped back up to greet both Akira and Utako, despite getting hit by Erii.
 
“Um…” Akira began.
 
“But we aren't really customers.” He informed the zealous Kentarou.
 
“What… not... customers?” Kentarou twitched.
 
“Oh yeah, I see, I see. I heard all of that from our boss.” He beamed.
 
He was immediately met by Erii's punch.
 
“Don't mind him. He has a habit of saying weird stuff once in a while.” The dirty blonde chuckled nervously.
 
“What are you doing? We are after all, a preserver of peace at Clamp School; the Special School Police Duklyon's…” Kentarou demanded, getting back up.
 
Takeshi quickly clamped his mouth shut, “What? Daydreaming already?”
 
“Did you do that?” Kentarou demanded.
 
“Yeah, so what?” Takeshi challenged.
 
“Knock it off you two!” Erii scolded.
 
“We have a great task at hand. A great task.” She reminded her bickering co-workers.
 
“They seem to know each other well.” Akira noted.
 
Amidst all the fighting, Utako stood at the shelve that carried the croissants.
 
“Utako, did you figure something out?” Akira asked.
 
“Uh-uh. Nothing. They don't seem to have anything that would be a clue.” Utako shook her head.
 
“I see…” Akira muttered disappointedly.
 
“I'm sorry, um, guys?” Akira tried to intervene with the arguing trio.
 
“GUYS!” he shouted above the din, when the three ignored him.
 
“Um, is there anything that can be inferred from the croissants here and the phase `number 5'?” he asked.
 
“We were waiting for that.” Kentarou grinned, receiving a knock on the head by Erii.
 
Clearing her throat, she answered, “The number 5 and croissants. We can think together.”
 
“Thanks for coming!” Kentarou beamed when the pair exited.
 
“That went well.” Erii sighed in relief.
 
Suddenly, the Duklyon's alarm was heard.
 
“That is…. The sign for Duklyon to appear.” Erii gasped.
 
“Kentarou!” Takeshi looked at his comrade.
 
“Yeah!” Kentarou beamed.
 
“Gah, there's bread in here.” He complained, opening the oven where the passageway was located.
 
“We can't enter the base like this.” Takeshi agreed.
 
“Don't be such slowpokes” Erii reprimanded, pouring a bucket of water over the two males.
 
“Now get going!” she ordered, pulling the bread trays out.
 
“Do your job well!” she beamed when the two males slid into the tunnel.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Back with Suoh and Nagisa, the secretary was typing the information from his letter into the computer.
 
“Here.” Nagisa told him, settling a cup of tea on the table.
 
“Thank you.” Suoh replied.
 
“Have you figured anything yet?” Nagisa asked.
 
“No. I've been using any data from this campus to look for this number but I can't find anything that matches. I thought it was some kind of a code, but I can't figure out its encryption.” Suoh replied.
 
“I see.” Nagisa sighed.
 
“This isn't it either.” Suoh muttered.
 
“Where had Imonoyama-sama gone? If we don't hurry, time will…” Nagisa muttered softly.
 
“Time?” Suoh frowned.
 
“Is something the matter?” Nagisa asked.
 
“That's it!” Suoh nodded.
 
“How about this?” he entered the new information into the computer.
 
“There it is! I found it! This must be it!” he exclaimed, as the screen came out with the answer he needed.
 
“That's good news.” Nagisa beamed.
 
“Thank you Nagisa-san. Thanks to you, I unraveled the mystery.” Suoh stood up, holding her hands in gratitude.
 
“That is good.” Nagisa replied bashfully.
 
“I'm sorry. Because I was so happy, I…” Suoh immediately apologized, once he realized what he had done.
 
“No, not at all.” Nagisa's eyes softened, a faint blush on her cheeks.
 
Suoh quickly released her hands, a similar redness spreading over his face.
 
Moments later, we find the couple at the movie theater, watching a movie.
 
Nagisa had her handkerchief out, wiping away some tears.
 
It was time. Suoh realized, looking at his watch.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Flashback
 
“These numbers are times in seconds. And so I changed the two numbers into minutes to reveal 133 and 129 minutes. I searched for something involving 133 minutes and there was one thing. That is this.” Suoh had explained.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
If that hint is pointing to this movie, there is something… 129 minutes into the film. Suoh pondered.
 
When his watch went past the 129 minutes, he noticed something. That was…
 
“We couldn't find any clue to find Nokoru-sama after all.” Nagisa sighed.
 
“No, there was a hint. I'm sure he tampered with 2 or 3 frames of the movie. It was only a moment bit I saw it clearly.” Suoh told her, showing Nagisa a card with the shape of a star on it.
 
“Amazing. You are amazing, Takamura-san.” Nagisa beamed.
 
“I recognize that hint. Nagisa-san, would you mind hanging out with me for a little while longer?” Suoh asked.
 
“Yes, of course. It would be my pleasure.” Nagisa smiled.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Back with Akira and Utako, the pair were at a café.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Flashback
 
“Oh maybe it's a café.” Takeshi suggested.
 
“Yes. We sent these croissants to a few cafes on campus.” Erii replied.
 
“Then #5 can be the table number at a café?” Kentarou asked.
 
“Yeah, that's probably it.” Erii nodded.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Akira sighed as he looked at the list in his hand, two café names being crossed out.
 
He looked across at Utako who was enjoying her ice-cream and a wave if happiness washed over him.
 
Shaking the thought out of his head, he asked, “Utako-san should we go to the next place?”
 
“Don't be in a hurry. The #5 table won't run away.” Utako scolded.
 
“But if we don't hurry, time will…” Akira protested.
 
“But the strawberry parfait here is so delicious.” Utako smiled brightly.
 
“We have to find Kaichou quickly.” Akira muttered, looking at his watch worriedly.
 
“I have to thank President Imonoyama.” Utako told him.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Meanwhile, Nokoru was playing cards with the Rijichou somewhere on campus.
 
“It looks like they're taking a while, Nokoru-san.” The Rijichou remarked.
 
“The more time it takes, the more fun it will be, I think.” Nokoru smiled.
 
“Is that so? I see now…” the Rijichou remarked.
 
“Even they will take a while longer.” Nokoru noted.
 
“Is it all right?” the Rijichou asked.
 
“Yes. Straight Flush.” He declared.
 
“Royal Straight Flush.” The Rijichou countered.
 
“Marvelous Rijichou.” Nokoru bowed, admitting defeat.
 
“Nokoru-san.” The Rijichou began.
 
“Yes?” Nokoru quirked a brow.
 
“Go and find Mizuno-san. She has something of importance to tell you.” The older woman said.
 
Nokoru frowned slightly, Ami-chan?
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Back with Suoh and Nagisa, the pair had arrived at the Animal Contact Park.
 
“He should be here today.” Suoh commented, looking around as Nagisa fed a donkey.
 
“The next hint that Nokoru-sama left is here?” Nagisa asked.
 
A shadow overloomed her and Nagisa turned.
 
An elephant trumpeted and Nagisa gasped.
 
“Oh, there he is.” Suoh smiled.
 
“Hey, don't go scaring her like that.” He chided.
 
Walking closer to the elephant, he explained, “This little elephant is a friend of mine.”
 
“Is that so?” Nagisa inquired.
 
Suoh laughed as the elephant caressed its trunk around his waist, “Stop…”
 
Nagisa giggled then she saw the star shape on the elephant's ear.
 
“This shape is just like the one in that hint.” she blinked.
 
“Exactly. That's why I thought maybe it was here.” Suoh replied.
 
Unexpectedly, the elephant lifted Suoh with it s trunk and settled him on its back.
 
Suoh noticed a piece of paper taped its head.
 
“A crossword puzzle… Kaichou wants us to solve this.” he blinked, opening the piece of paper.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
With Akira and Utako, the pair finally got to the last café on the list.
 
“This is the last place.” Akira noted.
 
“Um, the #5 table is…” Utako wondered, as she walked down the rows of tables with Akira.
 
“There.” She beamed, reaching the table.
 
The couple then started searching.
 
“Sorry, we'll be done in a sec.” Akira told the university student who was apparently studying at the table.
 
Unable to take the interruption anymore, the student got up and walked off.
 
It was then when Akira noticed the piece of paper on the table.
 
“This is…” he frowned, as he saw that he had received the same crossword puzzle as Suoh did.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
“What flower blooms in the garden in the north side of the planetarium?” Suoh recited the first question.
 
“It's a begonia.” Nagisa replied, when the pair arrived at the planetarium.
 
On the train, an exhausted Nagisa rested her head on Suoh's shoulder.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Back in the Elementary Division, Utako was pulling Akira up a staircase, as they searched for the answers to their crossword puzzle.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Suoh found another answer at the marine observatory in the mouth of a killer whale.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Apparently, Utako could find the crossword puzzle answers with shopping.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Suoh and Nagisa found another answer at the nature reserve.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
That night, with the crossword puzzle finally solved, Suoh and Nagisa found their way to the cool-house.
 
“Here…” Suoh noted.
 
“The sun has set after all.” Nagisa noted.
 
“Yes.” Suoh agreed.
 
“Takamura-sempai!” Akira shouted.
 
“Ijyuin! President Ohkawa!” Suoh blinked at the running pair.
 
“By perchance, did you get this too, Takamura-sempai?” Akira asked.
 
“You too, Ijyuin?” Suoh wondered, as the two Council members showed each other the crossword puzzle they received.
 
“Then, Kaichou must be in this cool-house.” Suoh surmised.
 
“But that…” Utako gasped, noting the sign on the door.
 
“Closed Today?” she blinked.
 
Akira walked to the door and peered inside.
 
“It's unlocked.” He commented, as the door opened with a slight push.
 
“Well, we can try going in.” Suoh suggested.
 
“It looks like nobody is here.” Nagisa noted, as she stood in the shallow water with the other three.
 
The four were now decked in Clamp School's swimwear.
 
“Kaichou! Kaichou!” Suoh called out.
 
A headlight suddenly turned on and Nokoru was seen under the spotlight, dressed in his summer wear with his trademark fan.
 
“Kaichou?” Suoh blinked.
 
“Suoh, Akira, you finally made it here. As expected from the Clamp School Detectives I'm impressed.” Nokoru remarked.
 
“Those are thankful words. However…” Suoh interrupted.
 
“Why did I decide to test you at a time like this when the Joint Council Meeting is coming up?” Nokoru finished Suoh's question.
 
“Yes.” Suoh replied.
 
“Do you think I would do something like this out of mischief?” Nokoru asked.
 
“No… then…” Suoh stammered.
 
“Akira, Suoh, both of you serve me well every day. Both as student council members and as Clamp School Detectives, you sometimes even gave up your holidays to work. Because you two were with me, I was able to overcome obstacles that I couldn't overcome by myself. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Nokoru declared.
 
By this time, Akira was tearing at the overwhelming confession.
 
“Kaichou.” He muttered.
 
“So today, as thanks for what you do everyday and as relaxation to save your concentration for tomorrow, I catered a little party for you. Just think of this as a little gift from me.” Nokoru added.
 
The lights turned on at the snap out his fan.
 
Behind the quintuple, a round table rose from the sandy beach.
 
“Thanks to the Rijichou, the cool-house is completely rented out for you. Preparations for the Joint Council Meeting awaits you again tomorrow. I'm counting on you, Suoh, Akira.” Nokoru commented.
 
“Yes!” Akira beamed as the four turned back to face the blonde chairman.
 
“Utako-hime, Lady Nagisa, were you able to enjoy yourselves today?” Nokoru asked the two girls.
 
“Yes.” Nagisa replied shyly.
 
“Yes.” Utako answered.
 
“I'm glad.” Nokoru noted, opening his fan again, causing the roof of the cool-house to open.
 
When the roof receded completely, fireworks exploded in the night sky.
 
“So beautiful…” Nagisa breathed in awe.
 
“Kaichou…” Suoh began, turning his head back to look at the Chairman… only to find that it was yet another robot clone.
 
“Kaichou…” Suoh hissed.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Outside the cool-house, the `missing' Nokoru was standing at the ajar door with Ami and smiling at his masterpiece.
 
“You do know that Takamura-sempai will be drilling you for Council work tomorrow.” The blue-haired girl commented.
 
“Yup. But they should enjoy themselves for now.” Nokoru grinned.
 
“You're too devious for your own good.” Ami shook her head.
 
“But that's why you love me right?” Nokoru teased.
 
“Very funny.” Ami mumbled.
 
“That's not what you said this afternoon when I found you.” Nokoru raised a teasing brow, entwining his fingers with hers.
 
Ami let a faint blush creep up her cheeks, as she rested her head on his shoulder.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
Flashback
 
Upon the Rijichou's hints, Nokoru found Ami in the thicket where she usually hung out.
 
Ami had just arrived in the thicket when she saw her unexpected visitor.
 
Imonoyama-sempai?” she inquired.
 
“Need we be this formal Ami-chan?” Nokoru asked.
 
“Rijichou's orders.” Ami reminded him.
 
“Not this time round. The Rijichou told me that we could refrain from acting when we're alone.” Nokoru told her.
 
“Okay…” Ami nodded.
 
Moments later, the pair were under a tree, with Nokoru on Ami's lap as the girl read her book out loud to him.
 
Amidst her reading, Nokoru's left hand idly went to lightly caress hers.
 
Then he gasped when he felt something solid on her ring finger.
 
“Ami-chan?” he began softly.
 
“Yes?” Ami looked down into his eyes.
 
“What's on your ring finger?” he asked.
 
Ami smiled and placed her book down.
 
Reaching for her finger, she removed the ring and showed it to Nokoru who had pushed himself up.
 
“What the… no way…” Nokoru breathed in disbelief.
 
Ami nodded and blushed.
 
On her palm was an exquisite ring with the Imonoyama emblem; a ring that was only given to the ones that the head of the Imonoyama Foundation had approved to be the life partners of those of the Imonoyama family.
 
“Who?” Nokoru asked.
 
“Do you even have to ask? You silly.” Ami smiled, giving her stunned fiancé a gentle kiss on his cheek
 
“You're joking.” Nokoru breathed in obvious disbelief.
 
“If you don't believe me, just ask the Rijichou.” Ami told him sharply, as she picked up her book and turned to go. Nokoru thought he heard a hint of hurt in her voice.
 
“I'm sorry.” Nokoru whispered, grabbing her wrist to stop her.
 
“It's just… too sudden.” He told her, pulling her into an embrace.
 
“I know. I was shocked too when the Rijichou told me. But as it turns out, she had been observing us for quite some time.” Ami replied softly.
 
Nuzzling her neck, Nokoru mumbled, “AishiteruAmi-chan.”
 
AishiteruNokoru-kun.” Ami whispered back, turning her body around.
 
In accord, their lips met in a soft kiss.
 
Her book momentarily forgotten, Ami allowed Nokoru to deepen the kiss as he pressed her against the tree trunk they were previously leaning on.
 
Their embrace tightened as Ami raised her arms around Nokoru's neck, her fingers tickling the back of his nape.
 
When air became necessary, the couple broke off, each blushing at the intimate contract that they had unknowingly initiated.
 
Nokoru just hugged his fiancée tighter as Ami laid her head on his chest.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
SailorStar9: Man do I suck at romance scenes. Anyway, Nokoru and Ami are officially engaged.