Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Kiko's Story ❯ The Consequences ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6
The Consequences
It was 7:45, before the two boys shamefully left Kiko's room the morning after the soccer match. The two boys looked absolutely ridiculous in the outfits Kiko had chosen. Od was clad in a purple, pleated miniskirt a shiny, black tube-top, and strappy black high-heels. Ulrich's outfit was even funnier. He had a powder-blue halter dress, with white high heels. When Kiko did the boys' makeup, she was a little bit nicer, but not much. She put lavender eye shadow, tan blush, and purplely-pink lipstick on Od. Ulrich had light-blue eye shadow, light-pink blush, and pinkish-brown lipstick.
As the guys stepped out, they were greeted by camera flashes and giggles. “Nice look!” Millie, a seventh grade news paper-reporter giggled, as Tamia snapped several pictures. “Just so you know, we'll be here to get pictures every morning this week!” Ulrich and Od looked at each other miserably, not even able to make fun of the other.
“Actually, girls,” Kiko said nicely, "this is the only day I'm going to do this to the guys. I didn't know that they would look this pathetic, so I'm gonna let them get totally embarrassed today. Then drop the rest.”
“Thank you, Kiko!” Od said, hugging her tightly.
“Yah, Kiko, we both owe you big-time.” Ulrich said, also getting in on the hug.
“Ulrich . . . Od . . . if you don't quit hugging me, RIGHT NOW . . . I'm going to dress you up for a month.” Needless to say, the two pulled away in a matter of seconds.
When they got to the cafeteria for breakfast, Od had tripped twelve times, and Ulrich twenty. The trio picked up what the school called “breakfast,” then sat down at their usual table. After about ten minutes, a yawning Jeremie came to the table, who froze in mid-yawn to start laughing. In this laughing fit, Jeremie almost managed to make his French-toast, sausage, milk, and syrup all over Sissy, who squealed in displeasure.
“Ha, ha . . . I'm sorry guys, but . . . you look positively ridiculous.” Jeremie said as he tried unsuccessfully to quit laughing.
“Yah, ha, ha, very funny,” Od said sarcastically, "but Kiko said that this is the last day she's gonna do this to us.”
“Huh, why?” Jeremie asked.
“It's `cause I only brought two dressy outfits to Kadic, I thought I brought more . . . but I'm such an air head when it comes to packing . . . so I probably left my others at home.” Kiko said while shrugging “Of course . . . I could always borrow some clothes from Sissy for you to wear . . .”
“No, no, no, no!” Od whispered in utter horror.
“You've got to be joking,” Ulrich said, even more terrified," anything but Sissy's clothes! Nobody is able to be that cruel!”
“If you believe that . . .” Kiko whispered in a low, evil voice “then you don't know me as well as you think you do. Ha, ha, ha! Man, I wish Millie and Tamia had been here to get some pictures of you guys . . . that would've been killer!” Kiko began laughing uncontrollably, while Ulrich and Od looked at each other then glared at the laughing girl.
The rest of breakfast was uneventful with the exception of Sissy finding a fly in her syrup. Their classes were the same as they were every time . . . uneventful and boring. They studied the spectrum of heated elements with spectroscope in Ms. Hertz's class, and learned how to multiply and divide variables in math class.
Yumi had been missing all day, but finally joined up with her friends when lunch started. “Yumi? Are you feeling okay?” Kiko asked her look-alike “You look really pale, maybe you should go to the infirmary.” The others looked at Yumi, and then nodded in agreement.
“Kiko's right, Yumi,” Ulrich said looking very concerned," you look sick . . . and not in the good way. What's wrong?”
“It's just . . . that my parents are getting a divorce, and they are both moving out of our house we own right now, I'm not sure if I'll still be close enough to come to Kadic every day . . . I may have to quit going to school here!” Yumi said, then broke down bawling on Ulrich's shoulder, and into his Canadian bacon pineapple pizza (personal note: YUMMY!).
“Oh my gosh!” Od whispered “If you leave, then you won't be able to fight X.A.N.A. anymore, and you'll be separated from us if he decides to get a little revenge on you . . . this is so bad!”
“Yumi,” Kiko asked with a determined glint in her eyes “I never told you this . . . but my room is also a double, and as you do know, I don't have a roommate. You just need to play your cards correctly when you ask your parents if you can board here, then request to the headmaster that you share a room with me!” Kiko smiled wider than she had been before when she was greeted by all around approval.
“You know,” Yumi said, hiccupping a bit," that might work! The one thing my parents have been agreeing on is that I should keep going to school here. I'll talk to them tonight. Thanks, Kiko, I'm feeling a lot better now.”
“No problem,” Kiko said, smiling widely, “that's what friends do, help you when you need it, and celebrate with you when you have a good day. Besides, it'll be nice to kinda have a big sister again.” When she said this, the group could instantly tell that the subject of her sister upset her greatly.
“What's wrong?” Od asked softly.
“Yah,” Jeremie inquired “why does talking about your sister make you so sad?”
“Nothing . . .” Kiko said, obviously lying," we were in the middle of a huge fight before I came here, and we never said good-bye to her before I left.” Everyone who heard this story knew it was a lie, but didn't comment. “Come on, guys,” Kiko said getting up from her seat abruptly," we'd better get moving . . . Phy. Ed. is in four minutes,” with that, she walked to the trash, dumped her tray, and left without waiting for her friends.
“What's up with her?” Ulrich asked the gang, as they watched Kiko leave “She's being more secretive than I am most of the time!”
“You know,” Jeremie said to be totally serious, "usually I'd say you're stretching the truth, but you're right. If we want to find out what the real problem between Kiko and her sister is . . . we'll need to wait until she's ready to tell us, no matter how long that might be.” Ulrich, Od, and Yumi nodded in agreement, then they followed Kiko's precedent, and left.