Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

"Hey, Ulrick." Yumi said. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know." Ulrick said. "Yumi, when you said that we could get along fine without Lyoko, did you really think that?"

"Of course I did. I would have forgiven you for anything even if Lyoko never existed." Yumi explained. "Besides, I don't like William. He's just a friend like Jeremy or Odd. You're more than just a friend to me."

"So why did you want to call off our relationship?" Ulrick asked.

"I don't know. It was probably in my lines, but I got mixed up and confused." Yumi said. "I didn't know how you felt and I know you're jealous of me hanging around William. But I thought you had something going on with Sissi."

"Excuse me?" Ulrick said. "Are you out of your mind? I would never date that brain-dead leech in a million years. If I ever did, it was always to get you all out of trouble with the principal."

"Good point." Yumi said. "Maybe we got off to a bad start this year, but we've been improving. So, how about we just start over. Like none of that jealousy stuff ever happened."

"Okay." Ulrick said.

"Aelita wants us to meet her and Jeremy tonight." Yumi said. "Feel like coming?"

"Sure." Ulrick said.

That night, the entire group headed back. "That was so much fun." Aelita said. "Thanks, Jeremy. It really helped me."

"No problem. It's cool that you actually got to join the Subdigitals." Jeremy said.

"Well, it won't be forever." Aelita told him. "As soon as this school tour is done, I'm going to be a DJ or maybe I'll work with computers, but I won't go as far as my dad did."

Everyone laughed. "At least it's a weekend." Ulrick said.

"Yeah, I can't imagine a better way to spend a Saturday night." Yumi said. "I've got my best friends with me."

"It's starting to get late. I'll take you home." Ulrick said. "Can you guys ask Odd to cover for me?"

"No problem." Jeremy and Aelita headed to the school.

"It's a little cold out." Yumi said. "But I'm used to it."

"I was wondering, do you really just want to be friends?" Ulrick asked.

"No way." Yumi said. "Besides, I knew my boyfriend had my back from day one."

"Oh. Good luck with him." Ulrick said.

"It's you." Yumi said. "You think I would let you walk me home if you were just a friend?"

"Good point." Ulrick said. They came up to her house. "I guess I'll see you at school."

"Ulrick, wait." Yumi said. "I just wanted you to know how I feel. I love you."

"Yumi, I love you too." They both leaned in and kissed.

"See you tomorrow." Yumi said. She went inside. Ulrick headed back to school.

"Hey, where were you?" Odd asked.

"I just had the best night of my life, don't ruin it." Ulrick said.