Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

Odd was leaving the Rec. Room, when he saw Yumi standing alone. "Hi, Yumi. What's up?"

"It's just something Aelita said." Yumi explained. "Odd, do you think Ulrick likes me?"

"Are you kidding?" Odd asked. "You know Ulrick is in love with you."

"You think I'm going to believe that after our trip to Siberia?" Yumi pointed out.

"You're the one who wanted to call it just friends." Odd shot back.

"Touche." Yumi said. "Anyways, I want to know the truth, Odd. I really care about him, but I don't know how he feels about me."

"It's the exact same thing with Ulrick." Odd told her. "I know because I talk to him. And like Aelita, I know if two people are meant to be together. William and Sissi, who do you think hooked them up?"

"But I thought Sissi had a crush on you." Yumi said.

"That was before I got back together with Samantha." Odd said. "We ended up laughing about what happened during the skateboard competition. In a few weeks, she's going to transfer to the school." Yumi looked down at her feet. "I went through Ulrick's diary and this is what he wrote:

Yumi is the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Even though she wears black, she's really friendly and she practices martial arts just like me, only she started about a year earlier. Even if we had never been fighting Xana, my feelings for Yumi could never change. I love her, but she just wants to be friends for now."

"Thanks for telling me." Yumi said. "Odd, I have to go. Good luck meeting Sam." She ran off.

Aelita was upstairs in her room. She had her mixing board and a keyboard in her closet. She played the small keyboard for a couple minutes. Then Sissi came in. "I thought I heard music coming from your room. What's up? You keyboard too?"

"My dad taught me when I was really little. I became an orphan when I was eight." Aelita told her. "My mom was taken away from me when I was five. I don't know if she's still out there."

"If it helps, I don't know who my mom is. All I know is that I was named after her." Sissi said.

"Just recently, I got a letter. It was from a friend of my dad's. It said that he died trying to save a girl from a fire. The girl was safe, but now..." Aelita said. "I know he died as a hero but I miss him so much."

"It's okay, Aelita." Sissi said. "Anyways, I promised to meet William outside. See you later." Aelita lay down on her bed, when there was a knock at the door.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you, princess." Jeremy said. "I know you're still down about what happened to your father."

"He was the reason I was fighting and why I'm still here now." Aelita said. "This might sound weird, but lately I've been having dreams where he's talking to me, like he's still alive or something."

"I think this time the dreams are coming from you." Jeremy said. "I know it. You still want to see your dad and you've been talking to him in your dreams."

"I think your right." Aelita said. "But what'll happen if I stop believing in him?"

"That'll never happen." Jeremy said. "You never stopped believing in me, even when I was down. Come on, let's go out."

"I'm not really in the mood." Aelita said.

"It'll help take your mind off things." Jeremy said. "Come on, even I know when to take a break." They both laughed.

"I guess your right. Maybe it'll turn into a double date." Aelita said. "Thanks, Jeremy. You always know the right thing to say." She leaned in and kissed him.