Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Dream over Cowboy ❯ chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Cowboy BeBop.

I would like to thank my Step-Dad for encouraging me to continue this story. So if it stinks its all his fault.

The Smoke filled bar was almost empty. Faye sat alone at the bar. The only other patrons were three old men sitting by the door playing cards and arguing about the past. Soft music played in the background.

It was the same as every other night. "Three weeks on the forsaken plant and not a word on the bounty." Faye mumbled to her self. It was almost enough to give up. Day after day they searched the cities and day after day they came up with nothing. Weather anyone knew anything or not was still under debate.

"Perhaps you're just not looking hard enough."

_____________________________________________________________

Michael Romania was normally a very patient man, but today his patience was wearing thin, very thin. "What do you mean you lost her? How do you lose track of someone like Valentine? She sticks out like a sour thumb. Find her now!" Shin stood to the side listening to Romani the yell at the recon team leader, an action very out character for the syndicate leader. "Do you think she noticed the tail? Shin asked quietly after Romani ended the call.

The BeBop and its crew had been under the protection of the Red Dragon Syndicate for the last four years; with out their knowledge of course, but with the last four weeks security around the BeBop had been increased.

"All the tracking devices in the BeBop are still operational as are the ones in the Hammerhead and the Swordfish II. If Faye thought that she was being followed, she would stay and fight rather than run. So either the Recon team is incompetent or Mackenzie has found her." Romani replied. "I want her found Shin." Pausing he continued gravely. "I am going to Venus. There is no other way. I just hope she doesn't kill me when I find her."

_____________________________________________________________

Her head felt like it was going to split in two. Opening her eyes proved to be a very bad idea. Slamming the shut again Faye groaned. Her brain pounded on the sides of her head in an attempt to escape as nausea rolled around her stomach. Faye rolled onto her side curling up into a ball to ward off the pain. "What happen to me," Faye wondered. "I can't remember a thing. Think Faye Think. I was at the bar, then what: That man and then the sharp pain in my neck. I never saw it coming." As the pain receded Faye took stock of her surroundings. Her hands were bound together in front of her, as were her feet. The room she was in was empty except for the small bed she was laying on. Two doors of dark wood stood out against white walls, but no windows. "An exit and closet probably. No windows mean an interior room, little chance for an escape there." As Faye continued her surveillance the first door opened and three men walked in. Two took up guard at the door as the third stood at the foot of the cot.

"Your awake I see."

Faye glared at the man before her. At six-foot tall, dark brown hair and brown eyes nothing remarkable stood out about this man. He did not appear threatening at all. "Allow me to introduce my self Ms. Valentine." He continued. "My name is Jonathan Mackenzie. I believe you have been looking for me." Faye couldn't believe her ears. "You're Jonathan Mackenzie, the hitman. You don't look very dangerous, certainly not worthy for a 600 million bounty." Mackenzie smiled as he replied. "Don't let my appearance deceive you Ms. Valentine. I am very dangerous, as for the bounty, I am sorry to inform you that I placed it my self to bring you to me.