Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Chapter Twelve: Where the road ends ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You walked up to me

Looked me in the eye

I knew you were going to say goodbye

My palms got sweaty,

My heart skipped a beat,

At that moment I knew the feelings of defeat

What could I do

What could I say

To make you want to stay?

And then I saw the look that you gave me.

You don't want to let me go,

Yet, you know this is right.

Fatal Attraction:   Chapter Twelve: Where the Road Ends

"Spike, please.  Don't give me that look you know this is what we have to do.  So, lets say our goodbyes and get this over with".

"No", he simply said.

"What?"

"You heard me".

"You're making this harder than it already is".

"I don't see why - "

"Yes you do.  You know as well as I do that the syndicate purposely set that bounty on our heads to have everyone follow us to the end of the universe.  The only difference is that your name is now clear and mine, as the syndicate saw fit, will never be.  And I-I just won't allow you to come with me just to have you suffer the same fate as mine, live constantly on the run".

"You know what Faye", he started as he stepped closer.  "Being with you has shown me that life can be perfect", with that said he put his arms around her and gave her a tight hug.  "If you ever need anything you know where I'll be".

Faye nodded as her body stiffen and tried not to cry as he held onto her tightly in his arms.  She looked up into his discolored brown eyes, one slightly darker than the other, and only then a single tear rolled down her cheek.  All the feelings she had for this man sat on the tip of her tongue, she could not find the words to speak, it seemed forever as they embrace in silence.  They continued to look into each other's eyes, so full of pain and sorrow.  Finally Spike leaned his head down and Faye leaned her head up, they shared one last passionate kiss goodbye, a kiss they each wished could last forever, and before they knew it the kiss had ended.

"You take care of yourself Faye.  Make sure you stay out of trouble", he grinned sadly.

"Always", she then kissed him once more lightly on the lips.  "Goodbye Spike", then she turned, picked up her bags, and walked away toward the aircraft, never looking back.  "Be strong", she told herself.  But it was no use, as she continued to walk away her heart was breaking in two, it was hard saying goodbye to a love that would never die, and in the end she knew that they will probably never meet again.

Two Year Later . . .

"And that is how the story went Ein", told him as she lay on her bed while petting his head.  "You know, love is a lot like dancing.  You just surrender to the music.  It consumes your mind, body, and soul.  It's your energy, your breath, your vitality, and your motivation.  It's your passion, your tears, your frustration, and your pain.  Love, is your comfort, you rhythm, and your expression.  Love is a force, a force that can neither be created nor destroyed".  She glanced down and saw that Ein had fallen asleep.

Faye then raised from her bed, walked to the window, and noticed that it was a full moon.  "I hope that you still remember me Spike Spiegel, even if our lives are far apart.  There isn't a single minute that goes by that I don't think of you and I know I will always remember the times that we shared; holding onto those memories always puts a smile on my face.  You'll always hold a special place deep inside my heart and because of that we will meet again . . . someday.  Until that day comes, I'll keep on dreaming of you.

Always be true to your heart

The End

Even after all these years I'm still keeping you in sight.
I'm waiting for the day when the time for our love is right.
I keep you safe in my heart, hidden deep within my soul.
I long for the day when we're together so I can once again be whole.
I will hold you so close to me it will seem as if we are one.
I'll rest my head on your shoulder when the day at last is done.
I will drown in your love and truly enjoy all of your charms.
I will savor your soft kisses as you hold me safe in your arms.
This time around there will be no tears for us, only smiles.
I promise to stay by your side until the very last mile.
We will get lost in our passion and relish every tender touch.
How can we go wrong when we love each other so much.
We will guard our love with everything and mend our broken hearts.  Written By: Lynn


Author's Note:  Well my friends, as the title reads, this is "where the road ends".  This has been a very joyous ride and I hope you liked this fic as much as I enjoyed writing it.  The quotes and poems I have used are credited to the lovingyou website.  I would also like to thank everyone that has read and reviewed.