Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Chapter Eleven: Entangled in a Web of Fear ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and I

Our hearts are bound

By much more than just love

It goes so deeply

And feels so intense

We wonder what we have found

Is it a spell?

We ask ourselves

As it goes beyond all reason

It reaches our soul

And takes control

Of all our body and mind

So now we ask what did we find

That causes such intense feelings?

It is true love in the deepest sense

For the two of us, you and I.  Written By: Carol Smith

Fatal Attraction:   Chapter Eleven: Entangled in a Web of Fear

Faye and Spike walked into the "Sweet Temptation", fully armed and prepare to take down anything that stood in their way.  Upon entering the bar they noticed that everything seemed to be perfectly fine.  The tables and chairs were neat and intact, the floor swept clean, and not to mention that every shot glass was put away.  In a way both, Faye and Spike, were disappointed; they had expected the place to be shacked up and to be crawling with syndicate members.  However, there was an eerie silence which was thick in the atmosphere that they just could not ignore; a silence which only meant that danger was nearby.  Suddenly a soft creek from the counter was heard.

"Frank?" Faye shook her head in disbelief.  "Is that really you?" she asked the elderly man, as she took a step toward him.  He appeared to be in good health however, did not appear to be himself.  His eyes seemed to tell her a different story.

"Y-Yes . . . it's me Faye.  I'm alright", he answered with a tremor in his voice.  He then appeared to be frequently shifting his eyes downward, it was as if he were subtly trying to tell her something.

"Be on your guard Faye", Spike warned, as he noticed his behavior.

She raised an eyebrow at this and returned her attention to the bartender.  "What's the meaning of this Frank?  I know there's something going on here, why -"

"Why don't you just shut up for once and let me do the talking", Brandon interrupted, as he appeared from down below the counter; with not only his gun pointed to Frank's head but with several other syndicate members along side of him.  In addition, more burst through the front door ready with their weapons in hand and pointed to Spike, who already had his pistol in hand aiming for Brandon's head, and Faye, who was looking about her surroundings.  "It seems that I, for once, have complete control of the situation".

"Come on Brandon you really don't want to do this.  Let Frank go, he has nothing to do with this".

"First princess, I want you to hold up your hands real high where I can see them and I also what your knight in shining armor to drop his weapon to the ground".  Faye did as she was told but as for Spike, he seemed to be having a bit of a trouble following his directions.  "Do it Spiegel or the old man dies", Brandon said, as he dug his gun deeper into Frank's head.

Spike clenched his teeth as he did so, he kicked his gun away from him to prove to Brandon that he was willing to comply with his orders.  "There.  Done".

"Couldn't have said it any better myself Spiegel", and then in a blink of an eye Brandon shot Frank dead.  He smirked as he glanced over to Faye who seemed to have various emotions across her face.  "What's seems to be troubling you my dear?"

"Bastard", was all she could say.

"Let's settle this once and for all", said Spike.

"I would be glad to but, let me ask you a question; how do you plan on doing that if first, you seem to be outnumbered and secondly, well if you're unarmed?"

Spike smiled.  "Simple.  Like this", and instantly he dropped to the floor and sweep kicked the men that surrounded him, and as a result they fell on their backs and dropped their weapons.

And Faye, within a nanosecond, reached behind her belt and withdrew her gun.  She pointed and shot dead a few men that surrounded her before others hid behind objects to protect themselves.  She furiously walked up to a man and kicked to him across the chest, she watched as he flew against the wall and slowly fell unconsciously to the floor.  The next man was punched in the face, and Faye made an attempt to kick him once again, but he blocked her next move, grabbed onto her arm, pulling her to himself, and kneed Faye in the face.  She shook her head slightly, trying to shake the dizziness out of her, and placed a hand on the left side of her forehead, there definitely would be a bruise there the next day.  She looked up and realized that the man was walking towards her with a smirk on his face, he wanted to stomp on her stomach however, and she instead kicked him in the groining, which surely was the end of him.  Faye picked herself up from the floor and looked at all the men before her.  Most men had a puzzled look about their faces.  They were afraid of having to fight their former leader, who in the past, have seen what she was capable of doing.  "Well", Faye started to say, "Who's next?"

Spike, on the other hand, quickly glanced to his right in time to see a man take out a staff and swing it at him, he naturally ducked the blow and instead yanked it away from him and used it to pound his body to the ground, down he went.  To Spike's left, a man was approaching while holding a chair high above his head in an attempt to smash it on his head however, Spike block his attempt and delivered a right punch, swirled beside the man, and flipped him over onto his back.The third man threw two straight punches at Spike, which he easily dodged, and kneed the man in the stomach.  This man surprised him by managing to recover and kicked him across the face; causing Spike to bleed from the right corner of his mouth.  "You guys sure are tough bastards . . . when you want to be".  Spike then elbowed him in the ribs and delivered a spinning back kick to push him away; however a fourth man, went unnoticed, and walked up from behind Spike.  He grabbed his shoulder and turned him around and with the other hand he punched Spike straight in the face, then, threw him across the room.  This fight definitely did not look good.  As he struggled from the floor he heard someone's voice say, "Hold onto him".

"Enough!" yelled Brandon, and two shots were heard.  "Faye, I suggest you give yourself up before my patience runs thin and I may have to resort to drastic measures" he said, then shifted his gun to Spike.

In response, Faye held her hands up high.  "I give up".


"Brandon I demand to know where the hell are we?" asked Faye, she was currently being held by a syndicate man; she took this opportunity to looked about her surroundings.  From what she could tell they were in an abandoned wherehouse that she herself didn't even know existed.

"My dear, a wise old man once told me 'good things come to those who are patient', and I'm just about to prove that theory to be true.  Oh just so you'll know, I'll be the one asking all the questions", he walked up to Faye, pulled her against him and asked, "Since this will probably be the last time you'll see him alive, let me ask you the first question: Has this man been worth all the trouble?"

Faye, who was afraid of what Brandon would do to her and Spike, truthfully answered, "Yes . . . and much more".

Brandon pressed his lips together, walked behind Faye and held her with her back against his chest.  He turned to Spike who was down on his knees, four syndicate members standing directly over him.  "And you Spiegel, do you regret ever meeting this shrew woman, which will bring upon your death?" he angrily asked.  "Well?  DO YOU?"

Spike gave a small smirk to Faye.  "No . . . never".

"Well then, my dear I hope you're prepare to say goodbye to your lover", with that said, he snapped his fingers and the four men, which stood over Spike, immediately started to beat him up.  As much as Spike tried to get up or do anything to try and defend himself he just couldn't.

"NO!  Please stop this!" Faye shouted, as she looked on with horror as the men repeating kicked him in the stomach, ribcage, sides, and anything else their feet came in contact.  "This is MADNESS!" she continued to shout and cry out as she struggled against Brandon's grasp.  "PLEASE STOP THIS!  Brandon I would do anything you want just please end this!" pleaded Faye.

"Seize action!"

Faye took one long look at Spike and it felt as if her heart had been thorn to shreds.  He was completely covered in cuts, blood, bruises and swelling had already begun to form.  "Oh god Spike", she softly whispered.  Faye looked up toward the ceiling.  "Where is he?"  She questioned herself.

"Now then Faye, my dear, you have asked me to stop and I have.  In return you will do anything I want", Brandon withdrew his gun from behind.  "Well go on, I want you to do the honor and kill him yourself".

"What?  No Brandon I can't.  You said you'd stop".

"I did stop the men from beating him to death, but I didn't say he would live".  Brandon then shifted the gun to Faye's hands and put his own hands over hers.  "Ready to go?  Now then, on the count of three".  Faye turned her head to the side and shut her eyes tight.  "One".

"No, please Brandon.  Let Spike go . . . and I will be yours".

"I won't.  Besides this is turning out to be rather entertaining my dear".

"Two . . . and thr -"

The ground began to shake and a sudden explosion interrupted Brandon from continuing.  It seemed to be coming from outside.  The explosion caused the wherehouse to shake so furiously that, as a result, sent people flying in all directions.

Faye hit her head on the pavement cement, however she recovered quickly as she saw part of the roof crashing in, fire soon followed.  She glanced about the room and finally spotted Spike on the floor.  "Spike!" she called out to him as she made her way over.  "Spike", she called out once more.  When Faye had finally reached him, she fell to her knees and reached out to touch his face.

"F-Faye?"

She couldn't help but smile.  "Yeah cowboy, it's me".  Just then a second explosion was heard and soon a third followed in pursuit, which had caused part of the roof to cave in.  Faye positioned herself above Spike, acting as a shield, preventing anything from falling onto him.  "Come on Spike we need to get outside before we too go down with the building".  With great effort she lifted Spike to his feet and swung an arm over her shoulder.

"W-Where is Jet?"

"Probably setting off more explosions".

"When I went over the plan with him earlier and said to do whatever to get us out, he really took that literally".  Just then, a gust of wind started to pick up and the Bebop lowered to the ground.

The door opened.  "Quick get in", said Jet through a microphone.  Spike and Faye did not need to be told twice, once they were safely aboard, Jet slammed his foot down on the accelerator, for the wherehouse was now engulfed in flames.