Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Pain within the Heart ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My mind will always stay and in my dreams

Your eyes,

Your look,

Your smile,

Your touch,

And most of all your kisses I cannot forget.

In the dreams of lovers, and, in the hope of embrace

Is where I wait for you

Fatal Attraction Prologue: Pain within the Heart

The sunny light shined through the window onto the face of a beautiful woman who slept on her bed in her bedroom of the apartment. Slowly and eventually the light woke her up and she stretched and yawned as she glanced up at the ceiling. "Another day", she said to herself and signed. She laid alone in the bed and held her pillow very tightly and closed her eyes. "It's been months since I've seen your face. The days go by slower than you'll ever know and now that's it's been a little over two years and I still can't erase your image out of my head", she opens her eyes and glances up upon the ceiling once again.

For Faye Valentine this day was just another one of those days that surrounded her with nothing but a heart that ached with loneliness. Suddenly an image of a man appears before her: puffy green hair, slightly brown discolored eyes, nice complexion, tall, handsome, skilled, and with a mysterious past. It is so hard not to break down and cry. Laying awake, thinking about the man of Faye's dreams and wishing that she could feel his touch that makes her heart ache so much, wanting that touch that was so firm and strong. It is obvious that every minute and every moment her thoughts revolve around this man.

Just then she felt something jump on her bed, causing a slight lopside, and Faye immediately came to her senses and reached over to a small drawer that was located beside her bed and grabbed a gun and aimed it at whatever had jumped onto her bed. Realizing it was her small corgi dog she let out a small sigh of relief and placed the gun back on the drawer. "Oh Ein it's you. Don't you ever scare me like that again you hear?" She spoke to the dog. Faye was forced to go into hiding because her career had intervened in her love life. A few months later she realized she needed something to occupied her mind and keep her company but didn't know what. When she was walking down the streets of Earth, keeping her face hidden, she saw a pet shop and decided to browse. Her heart stopped at a small cute helpless dog that just melted her heart. Within a few minutes that dog was hers

Ein walked up to Faye and licked her palm and then all over her face. "Alright, alright I'm up. You know you'll not allowed on the bed now go wait for me in the living room", with much hesitation Ein obeyed.

Faye threw the covers off of her and went to the bathroom brushing and washing her teeth, then, went back to the bedroom and cleaned up the mess. Once again flashbacks and images about this man clouded her mind. She quickly shook it off and left her bedroom. Upon entering the living room she noticed Ein was sleeping near a wall by his lonesome self, feeling somewhat sadden she walked over to him and leaned down against the wall, Ein looking up.

"I'm going to tell you about a never ending story of a love that was forbidden. What so you say?" Faye asked and he responded by laying his head in her lap as she sat against the wall.

"There was a woman who had no past and cared for no one but herself and a man who also cared and worked for no one but himself. They met and unexpectedly fell in love with each other. It was a love that was filled with lust, need, and comfort. You know what I mean Ein?" She looked down at the dog as if expecting a response from him. He just wigged his tail and licked her hand as she petted behind his ears and continued.

"One night, the two spent a night together and felt their souls dance together in such a way that they embrace a love that neither has ever known. This woman had never felt such a wonderful feeling of joy and happiness that came from his smiles, the glitter in his eyes that shined so bright, and the tingling feeling that sent chills up her spine whenever he touched her; and he in returned loved her. But then something very interesting happens, it seems that the man's past and the woman's career intervened in their love and some painful decisions had to be made this caused their lives to take a change of course toward a new adventure of what they have only dreamed of. This is the never-ending story of the love this woman and this man have for each other. Sure it has a happy plot but the ending is another story for another day", Faye then glanced up and gazed into the invisible air before her. "But there's one thing I've learned in life and that is that you might get hurt if you love deeply and passionately but it's the only way to live life completely".

Ein stands up and is walking in the direction of the kitchen when he stops and notices that Faye, his owner, is not following and so he barks. Interrupting her out of her thoughts she glances up and sees Ein wining at the kitchen. "Yeah I know Ein I'm hungry too", she got off the floor and headed to the kitchen planning to eat and shower. She walked over to the counter and poured herself some coffee, however, as the morning sunshine poured through the kitchen curtains, she sees the image of a familiar stranger smiling at her with those discolored eyes she knows so well. That manly image belonged to non other than to her lover, to Spike Spiegel. And as she continues to stared upon his image, she glances down to her coffee to recall what had happened two years ago . . . to recall how they had meant and to recall why they now were not together.