Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Faye's Diary ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gwg: Back with another chapter to this kinda popular fic! I hope you guys like it and please review!

-- Faye's Diary --

--Chapter Two--

Edward smiled as she walked the streets of Venus, a little boy holding her hand with a smile. Yamato looked around, curious about his surroundings, and wondering to himself why they were even here. His Aunt said that she had something to show him, and so he waited patiently as they walked down the streets. Some people stareing at them, other's paying no attention at all.

After awhile, Ed stopped and looked down at the little boy at her side. "Yamato, I want you to wait for me here." He looked around the park and nodded his head, sitting down on a bench as he watched Edward fade into the crowd of people. Sighing, he looked around for something to do, but finding nothing that would intrest him, so he just got up and walked over to a shaded place and laid against the tree, falling asleep.

About an Hour Later

Yamato woke up to the pain of being kicked in the side. Falling over, he looked up at who kicked him, seeing a few boys surrounding him, all of them a few years older than him. "Whaddya want?" He asked as he stood up, glaring up at the boy in the middle, the leader he supposed. "You're on my part of the park." The kid replied, glaring down at Yamato who stood his ground.

"So what if I am?" The older boy, who had short black hair and dark eyes, picked up Yamato by the collar of his shirt, stareing him in the eye. "Then I'm gonna have ta teach ya a lesson." And with that, the bully punched Yamato in the cheek, knocking him back to the ground since he'd let go of him. Rubbing his red cheek, Yamato stood back up, running at the bully and tackling him to the ground.

It seemed that the younger Yamato had the advantage, until the bullies friends grabbed him, holding him for the bully to have his fun. Not once did Yamato scream out in pain or let his eyes show weakness. His hazel eyes showing defiance and anger, thus just making the bully madder that he couldn't make the boy submit to him. "I'll teach ya to be stupid!" He yelled again, retracting his fist to hit Yamato again, only for it to be caught by someone.

"I think it's time you left the kid alone." The voice was stern and sounded older, the 14 year old turned to look back at whoever grabbed him. Only to fall to the ground when he saw an older version of the boy, except this mans eyes were different colors. "Come on guys! Let's get outta here!" And with that, the gang took off, heading to their homes.

The man turned around just in time to see Yamato fall to the ground. Using his quick reflexes, the man caught the boy in his arms, picking him up and looking him over. Sighing in relief, he stared at the boy's face. He only had a few brusies and cuts, atleast, that's all he thought he had. "You okay kid?" The little boy opened his eyes, shocking the man when he saw that they were hazel, but he could've sworn they were emerald just a second ago.

"I'm alright..Thank's mister." Yamato replied, looking up at the man, not realizing who he was at the time. "So, you have a home kid?" "Yeah, my Aunt's supposed to pick me up when she gets done with whatever she's gotta do." The man nodded his head, accepting the answer. "Fine, I'll stay with you until she comes." Yamato nodded his head, he didn't care if the man stayed or not.

After that, silence reined over the pair as they sat down on the bench beside eachother, the man glancing over at the kid everyonce in awhile. "You gotta name?" To say the least, it startled Yamato when the man asked him about his name. Thinking it over in his head, he shrugged to himself. The man helped him, so the least he could do was to answer a simple question.

"Yes sir..It's Yamato...Yamato Valentine." And the man thought he'd had enough surprises for the day, but this just shocked him to the core. Trying not to fall over, he looked back over at the kid, wondering for a brief moment if he was HER son. "Nice name kid, who gave it to ya?" He asked, mentally calming himself. 'Just stay calm man, it can't be her son..'

"My mother named me...." Yamato stated, wondering why the man was so curious about him. "What about your father?" Another question, and by now Yamato was really getting curious about the man. "I don't have a father..he died before I was born." Another shocking answer, and another blow to the man's heart..he knew he was probably making the kid curious..but he had to know this...

"Who's your mother?" This time, Yamato looked at the man stunned, wondering if he should tell him or not. About to give the man a rude answer, he thought better of it, and decided to tell him the truth. "My mother's Faye..Faye Valentine.." And this time, the man did fall off of the bench, landing on his butt. Yamato looked down at the man, looking at him like he was crazy..and he couldn't blame the kid...

"What's wrong mister?" Yamato asked, looking at the man with amusement in his eyes. 'I think he's nuts...that or somethings very wrong with him..' He thought to himself, waiting for a reply. "N..nothing.." He stood up, dusting himself off, and turning around when he heard a familar voice. "Yamato! It's time to go home!" Looking up, Yamato quickly got off the bleachers, wincing because of the brusies, he waited for his aunt to come get him.

Ed came closer to the pair that were standing at the bleachers, never really taking notice of the man. Suddenly, she noticed that Yamato looked ruffed up, and so she quickly made her way over to him, dropping on one knee to look him over, gently running her fingers over bruises. "Yamato, what happened?" "It's nothing Aunt Edward...I just got beat up by some local kids..but this man helped me." Pointing up at the man, Edward looked up to see who had saved her 'nephew', only for her eyes to go wide in reconition of the man standing before her.

"But...but you're supposed to be dead..." Edward mumbled, looking at the man with surprise. Smirking, the man just looked down at Yamato and Edward. "The dead can't stay gone forever Ed..not when they have unfinished business to attend to."

Meanwhile, at the Bebop

Tears dropped onto a fresh entry into the leather bound book, the owner laying on her bed, crying out her heart..and writing it in her book...the one thing that held all her secrets. The recent entry in the book read as such:

I'm so glad that Yamato's not here at the moment..I don't think he could stand to see me crying like this....Today marks the day that Spike...my beloved cowboy, went and got himself killed at the Syndicate..Ed was good enough to take him away from the ship for awhile..I don't know what I'd do without her sometimes. /tears stains smear some of the writing at this point/ I'm thankful that we're not on Mars today..Jet understands...to some extent..and so we hardly ever go to Mars...

Ein has been moping around the ship as well today..I think he's sad just like I am...Jet's been cleaning the same window for the last hour or so...I guess he just needs something to take his mind off of the date..I wish I had something like that.../more tear stains/ Sometimes, I wish I never slept with Spike..because maybe then it wouldn't hurt as much...but then I look at my son and I know that without him, I wouldn't be here now...I wouldn't be alive now...He was my everything..I had an attraction to him from the beginning...I guess it was his recklessness and his confidence in himself, how he was so smooth and moved like fluid that attracted me at first..he looks didn't hurt either..

But after awhile, the attraction turned to lust...and then from lust to love...I don't know exactly when it happened..but one morning I just woke up and when I saw Spike in his state of pain..I felt my love for him flow from my heart..that was a night that I'll never forget..it wasn't long after that that he went after Vicious..and then Jet told me the news of Julia..At first I was happy that she was gone..I thought that if Spike came back that I would have a chance with him..and then it hit me..the IF in there...he was very unlikely that he would come back..and if he did..why would he love a girl like me? /a lot of tear stains at this point, the writing isn't as straight as before..it seems that the writer's hand was shaking/

I prayed to God that day..I prayed that he would come back to me safe and sound..that he would love me..that he would stay here...but I guess that God had a different plan in mind for me..because he didn't come back..and he never will...Maybe he was never alive in the first place..sometimes he even doubted that he was alive..he thought that he was living in a constant dream..that maybe one day he could wake up and Julia would be beside him after they'd made love...but I think in the end..he knew that it wasn't a dream..just a painful reality...

The writing trailed off, and the writer broke down in more sobs, the book falling to the floor beside her as she continued to cry herself to sleep..

--------

Gwg: I know..that was a very sad chapter..but I just had the inspiration to do this..so...review and tell me how you liked it..and I don't own Cowboy Bebop..just Yamato, the story, and the bullies.