Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Faye's Diary ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gwg: Yay! I really liked the last chapter, I hope you guys did too. I'm back with another chapter and I'd like to thank everyone that has reviewed for this fic so far. And I really just noticed how wierd Aunt Edward sounds, lmao...

-- Faye's Diary --

--Chapter Three--

Spike smiled down at Edward as he helped her to her feet, the grin never leaving his face. At that moment, poor Ed almost had a heart attack at the age of nineteen. "S..spike?! It's really you!" And with that, she jumped him, knocking him to the ground. "Whoa! Watch it Ed!" Spike replied, laughing as he tried not to get squashed by Edward.

Yamato watched the exchange, confusion showing in his hazel depths as he looked at the man. Suddenly, it all came to him from part of an entry that he had read in his mother's diary the year before:

His forest green hair and his mismatched eyes are what first attracted me to him...but I don't think I really took notice of his eyes until he told me that day...

'He..he's my father....' The thought rang threw the little boys head as he stared at the man. Spike looked up when he felt eyes on him, his two toned gaze turning to Yamato. "Hey kid, I.." But before Spike could finish, Yamato took off running. He was running away from the man that was his father, from the man that he had had to do without for 5 years of his life.

"Yamato! Wait!" Ed called out as she watched him run off. "Shit.." Spike muttered under his breath as he helped Ed to her feet. "I screwed up big, didn't I?" He asked as he turned to face her. Edward shook her head, looking up at Spike. "No, it's not your fault..he just..doesn't understand."

With Yamato

Falling to his knees, Yamato tried to catch his breath. He'd ran all the way to the airport where he was waiting for someone who he'd called to pick him up. "Yamato, is that you?" Looking up, Yamato saw a very familar face. "Stella!" He called out running over to her as she caught him in her arms, smiling down at him. "Is anyone with you?" He shook his head, looking up at he replied, "Aunt Ed is with someone...and so I came here.."

Stella nodded, picking up as she said, "So, where's Jet at?" "I guess he's with mother aboard the Bebop." "Well, I'll call and tell them to come pick you up." Yamato nodded his head furiously. He knew that his Grandpa Jet liked Stella and that she liked him. 'Maybe they'll get married...' He thought to himself before he drifted off to sleep in Stella's arms.

Inside the Bebop

Faye woke up to the insecent ringing of the vid phone. Sighing, she got up and walked into the main room, looking around for Jet before she answered the call. "Faye Valentine here." To say the least, Faye was shocked to see Stella's face appear before her. "Hey Faye, you remember me?" "Of course I do Stella! How have you been?" Faye broke out into a smile, the first real smile in a long time.

"I'm fine, but I have someone that you and Jet need to come pick up." "Huh? Who's that?" "It's Yamato...he ran away from Edward I suppose.." Faye sighed, wondering what would make him run. "Don't worry, we'll be there in a little while to pick him up." Stella nodded before she hung up, leaving Faye to go find Jet before they could leave to pick up her son on Venus.

Back with Yamato and Stella

Sitting down, Stella looked over at the boy that was asleep on the couch beside her. He was so young, but yet, he had an air of wisdom and age about him. 'Just like his father...' She thought sadly to herself, tears fell silently as she thought back on their first and last meeting, it was because of her brother that she'd even met the man named Spike Speigal.

"You shouldn't shed any tears Stella, it doesn't do justice to your looks." That voice, Stella reconized the voice immediately and looked up to see Spike standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe, looking at her. "Spike..but...you're supposed to be dead." A low chuckle escaped him as he replied, "Trust me...I'm not dead..I have unfinished business to finish." At this, his eyes turned to the boy who slept on beside Stella, his small chest rising and falling along with his breathing.

"Do you know that he's my son?" Stella looked back up at Spike, surprised that he knew. "Of..of course I know..Jet told me that he was your son...But, he really didn't have to tell me..he has that beautiful something inside of him..just like you do Spike..just like Roco did..." Amusement shown in his eyes as he turned his gaze from his son to Stella. "I told you before...I lost that something a long time ago..."

"Maybe you did lose it Spike..but Faye gave it back to you...she gave everything back to you..." No longer could she read his soul through his eyes, he'd cut himself off from her, his gaze slowly turning back to his son. "I'll never have something like that..ever again..." Stella sighed, she couldn't help him if he wouldn't let her, he would have to help himself. "Faye and Jet are on their way to pick him up..are you going to stay?"

Two toned eyes turned thoughtful as their owner looked out the window, contemplating what it would mean to see Faye again. "Do you think I should stay Stella? Haven't I hurt Faye enough?" His voice was so soft that Stella almost didn't hear him, but as his words reached her, she smiled. "She's been dying alittle bit in side every day Spike...she loves you more than anything....she will forgive you, it might take time, but she will do it."

He nodded, his eyes never leaving the window as he replied in a whisper, "Please God..let her be right..."

In the Bebop

Discarded on the floor was the leather bound book that held many secrets. It was opened to a certain page exactly in the middle of the book. It was an entry, a recent one, and it read:

Dear God, forgive me for cursing your name....I was just so mad...We're really low on money and supplies and I don't know how long it'll last us...I've shedded so many tears because of him..sometimes I don't know whether to hate him or to love him...he was the one man that could make me melt....I don't know how I could've lived without him..or without my son...

Yamato doesn't have many friends since we travel a lot and we're mostly bounting hunting or working, but he's patient, a trait that he obviously didn't get from his father...Well, I think Jet's ready to go pick up Yamato and to see is girlfriend. Yes, Stella and Jet are dateing..I know how wierd it sounds..but they hit it right off..I hope they can be happy..Well...I've really gotta go, maybe I can write more tonight....

The handwriting trailed off, as a clunk was heard and the hanger door closed, signaling that Jet and Faye had left to go get Yamato, but unknown to them, they would be in for a great surprise.