Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Faye's Diary ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gwg: Thanks for all the reviews you guys! Your reviews really keep me going, anyways, I don't own Cowboy Bebop, just Yamato, the bullies, and some other stuff..

-- Faye's Diary --

--Chapter Four--

Yamato rolled over in his sleep, almost falling off of the couch as Edward kept watch over him. She knew that Faye and Jet would be there soon, but she had no idea how Faye would react to Spike being alive. 'Will she be happy, mad, or sad?' The computer hacker thought to herself as she looked over at the table where Spike and Stella were talking.

He sighed as he looked out of the window again, he was nervous and yet excited about getting to see Jet and Faye again...especially Faye..."Stella...can I ask you something?" She nodded her head before she took a drink of her tea. "Sure Spike, what is it?" "...It's about Faye...a..are her eyes still that viberant emerald?" Stella looked over at him surprised, wondering what had brought on the question. "I really don't know, I haven't seen her in a while..."

Suddenly, Spike looked up when he heard the door open, taking his chance, he moved to hide behind a shelf that would block him from Jet anf Faye's view. Stella smiled as her eyes landed on Jet and Faye, standing side by side in the door way. Faye was wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans that hugged all the right places while Jet was wearing his regular cloths.

A mirror in the room was angled so that Spike could see them, but they couldn't see him. Looking into it, the first thing he noticed were her eyes, they had lost their spark..the spark that he would always love to see. His eyes then noticed her change of clothing, also noticing that she'd lost the headband that she always used to wear, as well as the white boots that she was so fond off.

His eyes glazed over as he watched her move across the room, picking up Yamato with a smile. "Thanks for watching him Stella." Her voice clouded his senses as he watched her in the mirror. "No problem Faye, I was glad to watch over him." Faye smiled, but it was empty, he could tell. Jet stepped forward, smiling at Stella as he took her hand. "So Stella, how have you been?" His voice caused Spike to snap out of his trance and turn his gaze towards him.

"I've been fine, how about you Jet?" He could tell she was happy, it was written all over her face and in her eyes. Jet nodded his head, turning to look towards Faye as she spoke. "We better get going, I have some things to do today." As she started to leave, she was suddenly stopped by a voice, a voice from her past, "Leaving so soon Faye?" She felt as though she was in a dream as she turned around to see him leaning against a shelf that was in the corner, mismatched eyes stareing at her.

Shock and disbelief registered in her emerald eyes as she looked at him, holding Yamato closer to her as Jet pulled away from Stella, not believing what he saw. "Spike?" Her voice surprised him, it was soft and small, not loud and strong as it was the many other times that he'd heard it. Trying to lighten the mood, he smirked as he leaned up and off of the shelf, starting over to Faye.

"Yeah, it's me.." To his own surprise, his voice matched Faye's, gentle and soft, nothing like his regular voice. He stopped a few inches infront of her, wondering what she would do. Faye just stared at him, not wanting to believe that he was standing infront of her after so long. "You can't be here! You died on this day 6 years ago!" Her voice rang out, causing Spike to take a step back.

Emerald eyes turned their gaze to the young boy that was resting in their owners arms. Yamato yawned as he started to wake up, hazel eyes opening to see his mother's face, instantly reading the emotions in her eyes. On instinct, he turned to face Spike, anger sparking in his own eyes as he got out of his mother's arms. "How dare you come back?!" Shock ran through everyone as all eyes turned to the young 5 year old that was stareing at his father.

"You've made mother suffer for all these years, and now you come back! Well it's to late!" Spike was taken aback by the boy's words, wondering how he knew so much. Suddenly, something sparked in Faye's eyes as she walked past Yamato and over to Spike, stareing at him. "Faye I-" A loud slap rang out through the house as everyone looked at Faye and Spike. Looking up, Spike held his red cheek, rubbing it as it burned. "I know I deserved that but-" "You deserve a lot more Mr. Spike Speigal!" Faye's voice roared as she glared at him.

Jet and Ed both grabbed Faye at the same time, trying to keep her from slapping Spike again, or worse, killing him. Eyes downcast, Spike thought for a moment before he looked up, waving his free hand at Jet and Ed. "Let her go, whatever she has to dish out it what I deserve." Jet looked at Spike liked he was crazy and had grown an extra head, but none the less, he released Faye, Edward following his example.

"Faye, listen to me. I'm sorry that I didn't come back sooner, but I've been thinking about some things and-" "And what?! You thought that I wasn't important enough to come back to?! Well, let me tell you something you lowlife bastard! I don't want to ever see you again!" She yelled, pulling her fist back to hit him in the cheek. Acting on instinct, Spike caught her fist and stared her in the eye as he said, "You don't mean it...I know you don't.."

And that's when she broke, all of her walls came tumbling down as she stared into his eyes. "Damn you Spike, damn you to hell..." She breathed as tears started to roll down her cheeks. Without a second thought, Spike gathered her into his arms, wishing that everything would just go away, that he could go back in time to when they used to fight over the shower and the food, well, what food they ever had.

Taking this as a sign, Jet picked Yamato up and headed out the door the others following him as he mumbled, "I'm not for any of this touchy feeling crap..." Stella just shook her head as Edward followed along, casting a glance back at Spike and Faye before she took of running.

He sighed, what else was there for him to do? Here he was, 6 years after his supposed death, holding his crying comrade and the mother of his child in his arms. 'I knew this was a bad idea..' He thought to himself as he pulled away from her for a moment, lifting her face up with his hand on her chin. "Faye, believe me...I know what I did was wrong...and I'm very sorry that I didn't come back sooner....but I had some things that I had to sort out...so please...forgive me, or atleast think about it."

Her eyes shined with more tears as she nodded her head, muttering one word before she started crying again, "Lunkhead."

Another diary turned to a page that was it's last entry, this diary was old and worn, a diary from a girls past and it read:

I can't believe it! I actually get to ride on the shuttle! This is going to be so amazing, all my friends really want to go too! Schools out and everything is going fine, looking around my room I know that I really haven't grown up much in the last few years. Toys are all over my room, as well as trophies and certificates, my pom-poms and a guitar that my dad bought me. I guess my friends were right when they said I had everything I ever wanted, but I've got to go now, my boyfriend, Kiba, is waiting on me. I really think that this relationship will go somewhere, he really loves me, and I believe that I'm beginning to fall for him..well, I'll tell you all about my shuttle ride tomorrow diary, until then...

-----------

Gwg: Yes, I know that it took me a while to get this chapter out, but I ran out of ideas and my mom kept grounding me from the computer and the internet for a stupid reason..I forgot to give the cat a bath...well anyways, hopefully I can rake up enough money to pay for the internet bill or you won't get anymore of this story, well, see you guys later!