Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. One, Chapter Three: Cupid ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Cupid
Sakura wasn't the only one with the virus. This still discovery came this morning. The cowboy and the tenshi-chi woke to hear someone breathing heavily. Spike looked up to see Cherry standing over them. The cowboy hadn't fully woken up just yet. It could have been his mind playing tricks on him, but he could've sworn that Cherry was holding a knife over his head.
“Cherry?” he asked half-mumbling. The cupid-chan didn't say anything at first. She just had that evil possessed look in her eyes. Spike slowly opened his eyes. The cowboy instantly realized that something was not right. Cherry seemed to be in her right mind. This didn't seem to be here at all. The cupid-chan raised up the knife and sank in down in a rush. Spike rolled away as fast as he could. The knife landed right in the middle of the bed. The cowboy looked up really quickly. Sakura was still lying asleep in their bed. Cherry was still standing over her. The knife was right over her head again. The cupid-chan was getting ready to stab the tenshi-chi right in the chest. Spike quickly rushed to his girlfriend's aid.
“Sakura!” he yelled out. “Wake up! Wake up! Cherry's trying to kill you!” The tenshi-chi slowly woke up.
“Spike?” she asked softly.
“Get up!” her boyfriend yelled out. “Get up!” Sakura fully opened her eyes and looked up. Cherry was almost going to stab her when Spike quickly pushed his girlfriend out the way. The tenshi-chi fell right to the floor. She looked up and around completely confused. Spike threw one of her little dresses at her.
“Get dressed and run!” he yelled at her. Sakura nodded quickly and did so. She hurried over to him quickly. Cherry began to slowly fly after. The tenshi-chi crawled over to her boyfriend and held onto him tightly.
“Why is she doing this, Spike?” she asked aloud. The cowboy just held her close to his chest. She was trembling badly.
“I don't know,” he whispered to her. “I just don't know.” But then, something clicked in his head. He hadn't noticed it until just now. Cherry looked very sick-looking. Her skin was so pale and grey. She looked as if she would throw up at any second. Spike instantly connected the dots.
“Cherry has the virus!” Spike yelled out. “She is sick just like you were!” The tenshi-chi looked up at him quickly.
“What can we do?” she asked. “The virus never makes a mystic kill someone!”
“I don't know,” Spike replied. “But we have to get you out of here!” Sakura nodded at him trustingly. The cowboy held her close to him again.
“Just keep paying attention to my every move and stay with me, alright?” he ordered her kindly.
“Okay!” she said trustingly to him. The cowboy just held her close to his chest again. The cowboy was trying to figure out how to deal with Cherry without hurting or killing her. This just couldn't be the virus itself dealing this to her. Something or someone was controlling her to try and kill Sakura. But why? And who would want Sakura dead?
Cherry began to fly forward with the knife pointing at them. Spike began to think quickly. He knew that Cherry wasn't strong enough to kill an opponent—control or not. She couldn't really do too much damage. Right then, Spike quickly got an idea. There was only one way to handle situations like this. The cowboy decided to wear the cupid-chan down to the morsel of energy in her body. He looked down at a trembling Sakura.
“Sakura,” he said to her bravely. “When I say three, we will both run until collapses in her place from chasing us.” The tenshi-chi looked at him slightly confused. She was about to speak when Spike lightly covered her mouth.
“Just do it!” he said quickly. His girlfriend paused for a moment and then she nodded. Spike smiled at her and turned his attention back to the fast approaching Cherry.
“Okay,” he said. “Ready?” The tenshi-chi nodded eagerly. Spike held her close to his chest and slowly rose to his feet taking her with him. Sakura just cuddled up close to him the whole time.
“One,” Spike began. Cherry began to close in on them. “Two,” the cowboy said. The cupid-chan was now inches from them. “Three!” Spike yelled out. Then the cowboy and the tenshi-chi took off running as fast as they could. Cherry flew right after them as expected. Sakura kept her eyes on Cherry the whole time. Spike picked some speed to help the poor cupid-chan. Everything was going as planned here.
The couple ran all the way outside of the Bebop. Sakura kept looking behind them the whole time. Spike stopped to catch his breath.
“Is she still following behind?” the cowboy asked his girlfriend. The tenshi-chi kept looking back at their path. She wasn't anywhere in sight.
“No,” the tenshi-chi answered uneasily. The cowboy looked up at as well. She was right. Cherry was no where in sight. His girlfriend became slightly worried.
“You think we should go back and check on her?” she asked. Spike thought about that for a second.
“Give it five minutes,” he replied. Sakura nodded at him. They both waited in silence. This was unusual for Spike. He would usually rush in and beat the bad guy to a pulp. But this wasn't an outlaw scumbag. This was Cherry. She just like Sakura, Kuroito, Foxtrot, and Francesca had been with them since the summer. This cupid-chan was usually a dense little doll-baby. She was clearly possessed. Thus, Spike not attacking her at all. He knew that too well about the young girl. That came to Sakura quickly.
“Is that why we were running from her?” she asked. “Just to wear her out until we figured out what to do with her next?” Spike tightly held her hand.
“Just stay by me, okay?” he replied to her. Sakura tightened up some. She decided to take that as a yes from him. Minutes flew by quickly. Spike turned to his girlfriend.
“Okay,” he said aloud. “Now we can go check on Cherry.” Sakura nodded him strongly. Then they slowly headed back into the Bebop. They found the cupid-chan passed out cold on the living room entry floor. The couple didn't seem to know what to do at first. Sakura looked to Spike for approval. The cowboy seemed to be telling her it was okay with his eyes. The tenshi-chi lightly let go of his hand and knelt down to her out cold friend. She lightly put her hand onto her forehead. Shock rushed across her pretty face.
“My stars!” she cried out. “She's burning!” Sakura turned to her boyfriend in a flash. “Spike!” she wailed out. “We have to help her! We can we do?” The cowboy thought about that for a moment. He began remember what Kaze-san told him to cure Sakura. He winced at the thought of doing it with Cherry. They had to be another way to fix this cupid-chan before she tried to kill them again.
“Spike!” Sakura called him again. The cowboy quickly looked down at her. The tenshi-chi was looking at him desperately. Spike knew that Sakura wasn't going to love this suggestion, but it had to be said to save Cherry.
“Sakura,” he said to her. The tenshi-chi looked at him. The cowboy knelt down to her and whispered his suggestion to her. Sakura's face went really pale with worry.
“No!” she yelled out. “I can't let you sleep with her!”
“But Sakura…” he said to her. The tenshi-chi shook her head.
“I just can't let you be taken by anyone else, but me,” she insisted. “If the antidote is in my blood and body, I'll give it to her.” Now, Spike was really confused.
“How?” he asked. The tenshi-chi smiled at him sweetly.
“I'll show you,” she said. Then she took Cherry into her gentle arms. Sakura lightly slid up Spike's shirt to reveal her perfectly round breasts. The cowboy tried to look away blushing, but his eyes were completely glued to his girlfriend's nice rank. The tenshi-chi lightly moved Cherry's head to her breasts. The cupid-chan's lips were touching her nipple. Sakura lightly parted the girl's lips and helped her drink the antidote from her body. Spike just couldn't take his eyes off of her. This was just… wow! Time suddenly seemed to stop for everyone and everything. The whole thing was just… wow!
After a few minutes of milk, Cherry slowly came to. She slowly fluttered her eyes open and saw Sakura huddled over her above. The tenshi-chi was smiling at her kindly. The cupid-chan's face was expressionless.
“Sakura-chan…” she murmured out. Sakura lightly put her finger to the girl's mouth. Cherry went silent at her touch. The tenshi-chi kept smiling at her mother-like.
“Shhh,” she said to her. “You're safe now, just rest.” The cupid-chan didn't speak or move at all. She just lightly fell asleep in her savior's arms. Sakura lowered her shirt and turned back to Spike.
“You knew this all along, didn't you?” she asked. The cow\boy kept staring at her completely shocked of her. He just couldn't speak at all at first. He finally nodded at her. The tenshi-chi smiled sweetly at him as she rose to her feet with Cherry sleeping peacefully in her arms as she carefully rose to her feet.
“Arigato,” she said to him. “Spike-kun!” Then she headed back to her room to put Cherry back in bed. The cowboy looked at her slightly confused.
“Spike... -kun…” he forced out of his mouth. The man sat straight on the floor completely confused. “Where the hell did that one come from?”
See You in Space, Spike-kun!