Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Twins Of Havoc ❯ Chapter 3 - I'm a what? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3- I'm a what?
"Get your knee out of my side!" Ravyn heard over the intercom connecting her to her sisters frequency. "Fine then get your side out of my knee!" Spike shouted back. Ravyn laughed, lounging back in her seat, driving towards the Issp to drop of the moaning heap of a man in the back of her ship. Ravyns cargo bay was empty, leaving room for her to carry the bounty while Moonbays was full, as she had not expected another passenger. Thus, Spike had to ride in the cockpit which was only somewhat confined. Spike finally stopped wiggling and settled down behind Moonbay. Watching her as she flied expertly and dodged oncoming meteors. It was then that he noticed a sleeping dragon on her right shoulder blade. It was red, gold, and orange and though he could only see part of it he guessed it was about the size of his hand. He then gazed out the window and proceeded to wait till they arrived to the Bebop with thoughts racing through his mind of what he should tell Jet and what he should leave out. Not thinking of the unfamiliar world only concentrating on the only thing he knew was a sure thing. Jet. A piercing voice invaded the eerie silence of the ship. "Moonbay you want me to stop off and get some food on my way back?" Ravyn asked through the intercom. "Yeah, I'm getting hungry. But don't get the hotdogs you got last time they were nasty!" "Over and out!" Ravyn shouted. Although she was 17 years old she still felt the need to play. Moonbay rolled her eyes at her sisters immaturity. She could feel by the vibration in the cockpit that Spike was laughing softly. Finally after a long and agonizing journey through space they reached the Bebop floating amongst a large meteor belt. It putted along as quickly as the broken down old fishing boat could go. Moonbay totally unsurprised when she saw her sisters ship had arrived first. Entering the docking bay Spike followed Moonbay into the ship, figuring it was better not to piss her off by going off on his own on the ship. Moonbay lead him down familiar but seemingly aged corridors to the kitchen where a mountain of food was already stacked on the counters. He froze in surprise when he saw Jet. What was left of his once black hair was now gray and thin. His face had gained more wrinkles and his eyes seemed deeper set. His once muscular body was now a bit thinner and lanky, making his still young looking robotic arm seem very out of place. But his smile remained the same as he spotted the girls walking in. The smile quickly disappeared as he saw the man behind them. Jet became paler than his hair and grabbed the counter for support. His jaw dropped down as if he was trying to utter a word and then he fainted. Ravyn who was standing next to him bent down to catch him and groaned under his weight. "Dam nit Jet you better have a good reason for passing out like this cause man your heavy. Some one needs to go on Jenny Craig or something!" She complained loudly as she dragged him over to the couch. Ravyn looked at Spike smiling. "Do you scare little children too or just elderly people?" Spike ignored the comment, too shocked to reply he only stared at the awakening Jet. Jet breathed deeply and then sat up, blinking twice as he looked at Spike again. He turned to Moonbay as she was digging into the food. "Is he real?" He asked shaking. "Unfortunately." she muttered. Jet turned back to Spike. "How can you be here? Your dead!" Spike looked at him oddly. "And your old!" Spike paused. "Is this a joke?" He desperately smiled as if trying to logically asses the situation. Jet looked down at his knees shaking his head. "Girls, could you leave for a second." He looked up only to notice they were both already digging into the giant mound of food and completely ignoring the two of them. They looked up with stuffed mouths and full hands and mumbled incoherently. "We'll go in the next room." They gathered up as much food as they could carry, which was a lot, and left. Jet looked at Spike as if he had just seen a ghost. "How could you still be alive? Your dead? They told me you died!" "What? Dead? Who told you I was dead?" Spike asked curiously, slightly worried for his friends sanity. "Who are those girls? And why are you old?" Jet ignored the insult. "You've been dead for 13 years! Ever sense Vicious killed you. Its 2087, you died in 2074. How could you still be here?" "No, that's, that's impossible, you see...." Spike's voice trailed off as he thought of old man bull and what happened on the rooftop. "Shit! Old man bull! But this doesn't make any sense!" He sat across from the now very old Jet with his head in his hands. "Spike, this is important, tell me exactly what happened." Spike looked up at his old friend as he remembered the sight of Julia dying in his arms and said. "I was fighting some of the red dragon lackeys, and everything stopped. Everything stood still. Then there was old man bull, and he, he said something odd." Jet looked at him encouragingly. "Go on." Spike thought back. "He said something about a Gemini and the Black Crow devouring it, and something about this great decision I had to make, and it would determine the future. About how my actions would determine the fate of every part of me. Whatever that means. Then, everything got blurry, and I was on the same rooftop, but no one was there anymore. Everything was different. Then I went down to the street and met the girls. That's how I ended up here." Jet, completely lost in thought taped his metal fingers on the table in exasperation. "Well it sounds to me like you went through time." He answered carefully. Spike laughed. "I went through time? Right! That's a good one Jet." Jet looked at him. "Its the only conclusion that would make sense. I'm old, your still young, and your supposedly dead, but here you are alive, just like you used to be." "Fine." Spike muttered. "And if I did somehow,...go forward in time, what the hell do I do now?!" Jet looked at him questioningly. "Old man bull, what he said, what's the Gemini?" "How the hell should I know?" Spike muttered shrugging his shoulders. "But he did say he'd come back for me, so maybe I just have to wait it out here in the meantime." He looked over happily at the mountain of food, ready to pounce. Jet stopped him. "Um, Spike...there's something you should know." Spike looked back at him annoyed. "Like what?" Jet looked at him carefully. "You might want to sit down for this." Spike looked at him oddly but complied. "Where do I start?" Jet said to himself. "You see, after you died, uh, Vicious remained alive. They found him badly injured and paralyzed from the neck down. It was to late for you. Vicious disappeared for four years, and I was alone here on the Bebop scavenging for food and not doing much with myself. Around the time that Vicious came back, I got a package in the mail with a video disk and a letter. It was about the twins, the girls you met today." "So there twins.. that explains a lot." "Stop interrupting." "Sorry." "Anyway, they were sent to me a few months later by Vicious. I was supposed to take care of them because he said for some reason he couldn't do it any more. They were about 8 at the time." "Does this story have a purpose?" "Shut up and let me finish! Like I as saying, the reason Vicious was taking care of them was because they were important to him, as well as you." "I don't get it." Spike said questioningly. "Julia was their mother." "So....they're Vicious's kids?" He asked shocked. "NO Spike, do they look like Vicious? I figured even an idiot like you could put two and two together. But let me explain it to you more detailed. When Vicious was hiding Julia, she gave birth to twin girls, he thought they were his, but was disappointed to find out that they were in fact yours." Spike looked at him blankly. "I have a kid?" "Two in fact." "oh..." Spike began to laugh in disbelief. Jet shook his head aggravated. "I've been taking care of them ever since." "But, they didn't know who I was." "I never told them, and I guess Vicious didn't either. I'm surprised you couldn't tell right away, they're a chip off the old block." Spike looked slightly dazed. "I, I can't be a father. Your pulling my leg." Jet got up and looked at Spike. "Go see for your self." Spike got up and looked into the kitchen and saw the girls chowing down. He made sure to stay in the shadows so he could not be seen watching them. He gazed at them both. Moonbay had his green hair, and he looked a little closer and saw that she had his eyes down to a 'T.' It was kind of hard to believe, because one of his eyes was genetically altered into a different shade of brown when they re-grew it after the accident. But her hair was straight like Julia's. The other daughter Ravyn had blonde hair, but it lacked the straightness of her sisters and was very wavy, much like his, but not a fro. She also had Julia's eyes. The deep blue. As he continued to watch them he actually began to believe it himself. The way they moved, acted, and looked. They were his children, and it was unbelievable. "Oh my god." he whispered as realization finally struck him. They were tattooed, bad-mouthed, disrespectful, defiant, dangerous, intelligent, ass-kicking, skilled, funny, and smooth. 'So this is why Mao never wanted me to reproduce 'he thought bewildered. He had kids.