Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ What It Means To Trust You ❯ Doctor Visits And Friendly Visits ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay, forgot to mention last chapter... Forget Big Shots was ever cancelled. Never happened! Got it? Good. Besides... Big Shots... cancelled? Naw, that can't happen! Heh here you go, another chap-ie. ^_^ And this chapter woulda been up sooner but I was visiting my Grandparents and Aunt for a week. I took my laptop but my Grandma was so paranoid about the charges I couldn't get on. I did get online my Aunt's comp but didn't have floppy disk with me.
~KawaiiAyu

-----

What It Means To Trust You
Chapter 5: Doctor Visits And Friendly Visits


Jumping ahead 3 months... to month 5 of Faye's pregnancy...

Faye was sleeping on the couch. She was ALWAYS sleeping on the couch. Sleep, sleep, sleep was all that woman did. The pregnancy really wore her out. Jet knew this from all the complaining she did when she was awake. Her back was always hurting and she was always hungry. Jet didn't know how much more he could take. But whenever he was really really frustrated with her (which was a lot lately) he just thought about how this all happened, and reasoned that she deserved to bitch all she wanted. This wasn't her fault. Although. He still wished she'd shut her trap more often and bitch on the inside. Then again, if it was on the inside, was it still called bitching? Jet needed to stop thinking so much. He came back out of the kitchen ready to wake her up for dinner when he noticed Ed sitting on the floor next to the couch... poking Faye repeatedly.

Jet sighed, "Ed, what on Mars are you doing?"

She just kept on poking. "Poke poke Faye Faye! Poke, poke, poke! Wake, wake, wake!" She sang.

Jet moved in between the two and bent over Faye. "You wanna wake up Faye? This is the only way to do it. Watch and learn kid." Ed watched with wide eyes filled with curiosity. "FAYE VALENTINE DINNER IS REEAAAAAAAAADY!"

She instantly woke up. She sprung up into a sitting position, almost hitting Jet's head. "HOLY SHIT JET!" She screamed.

Jet just laughed and went back into the kitchen. Faye sat up completely and put her head in her hands and she tried to regain her composure. Suddenly she heard a soft, "Oooooooh..." She looked up to see Ed's enlightened face an inch away from her own. "JEEZ! THE PEOPLE ON THIS SHIP!" She yelled as she jumped off the couch and started to walk into the kitchen. She looked over her shoulder at Ed still in the same position in front of the couch, with the same look on her face. She shook her head and went in the kitchen.

She grabbed the plate of food Jet handed her and went back into the lounge. She sat on the Yellow chair since Ed was still in front of the couch. She started to eat the food when Jet came out. Ed smelled the food and attack Jet for her plate. She ran down the hallway to her room, Ein coming out of nowhere and following behind. Jet took a seat on the couch.

They ate in silence until, "Hey Faye, better stop eating so much, you're getting fat." He laughed as if he said the funniest thing in the universe.

She looked at him with an annoyed look on her face. "Ha ha Jet. Boy, with you it's just a million laughs a minute." She said sarcastically. Ever since she started to show, Jet had been making fun of her.

Jet decided to make other conversation. "So, you went to the doctor yesterday didn't you?"

"Yeah."

"...and?"

"She's fine."

Jet looked up with a grin on his face. "She?"

Faye looked up as well. "Yup, she."

"Faye! That's really grea-"

"Spare me the sensitive junk please, Jet." She interrupted.

He realized how much she hated when he fussed. "Heh, okay sure."

They ate quietly until she spoke up again, "The doctor said she should be kicking any day now." She had a small grin on her face, trying to hide it. She didn't wanna admit that she was becoming all 'motherly'.

Jet caught the grin but didn't say anything about it. "Really? Isn't that something..."

The rest of dinner was spent in silence.


The next day. Faye was watching TV in the lounge while Ed sat on the couch next to her, hovering over her swelled belly. She was making strange hand motions. "Ooooh baby Edward! Kick baby, kick kick!" Ed had heard the news earlier. She had already named her Edward much to Faye's dismay.

Faye sighed. "Ed, for the last time, I'm not naming her 'Edward'!"

"But Faye Faye! Edward is the best name EVER!" She cheered.

"Yeah, okay Ed. Whatever."

Then, the doorbell rang. Faye growled at being disturbed. Jet was out getting supplies so she had to get it herself. She slowly lifted herself off of the couch and walked to the door. She wondered who would be coming to some old fishing boat docked on Mars. She opened it to see no one there. "Wha-" Then someone popped into her view. "Woah!" She jumped back. "Hey buddy, don't you know that's not very polite to scare someone like that? And who the hell are you?"

"Since when were you ever polite, Faye?"

Faye froze. :No...: She looked up at the figure in the trench coat before her. She slowly brought her hand up and took off his hat, and there was a sight she thought she'd never see again in all her life: Green poofy hair.


-----

HAHAHA! Cliffhanger! Couldn't resist. ^_^ I knew that you people would know who it was from the second the doorbell rang, so I had to make up for that. Well aren't ya glad I've finally gotten somewhere!? I know I am. I wanted to lead up to it more. But there's only so much junk you can write before you get to the good stuff. I'll have the next one up soon, promise. ^_^

::chuckles:: green poofy hair... ^_^

AIM: KawaiiAyu