Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Darkening Moon ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forgive me if action no good. Once again, I did this while listening to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the radio show). So not only was I distracted, but I naturally can't action scenes, granted this won't have much action. But it soon will.
Chapter 12
Mahiru opened her eyes and immediately closed them. After a moment's consideration, she peeked them open again to see where she was.
It was a dark, dungeon-like room dotted with candles and ceremonial items. In front of her were four steel cages with four familiar lumps.
Mahiru attempted to stand, but was knocked down by the chains around her wrist. She landed on her stomach with a cold thump.
“Don't move, girl,” came a cold voice, “We do not need your interference.”
The owner of the voice was shielded by the ever-present shadows. Mahiru felt something cold against her skin. Fearfully, she looked up and saw a grinning Mutsura. The other voice had to be Hokuto.
“Don't think about freeing your friends,” Mutsura hissed. The knife pressed against her throat sent goosebumps running down her body. “Even if you manage to free yourself, there's nothing you can do to save them.”
Mahiru's mind was racing. Where were they? How did they get there? And the most important question of all: How did they find out?
Hokuto answered her final question for her. “Keiko so kindly gave us your location. Her main goal was to lead us to you, and getting close to the werewolf was the only way. Let's hope everything she's told us was correct.”
Little did he know, Hokuto had just made two big mistakes.
 
Keiko opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry, but she could make out distinct shapes. One was Mahiru, her stomach pressed to the floor, Mutsura towering over her with a knife pressed to her neck. The second was Hokuto, half-hidden in the shadows, bent over something she couldn't make out. He was saying something, and she could just make out the words.
“Keiko so kindly gave us your location…”
What?! She'd done nothing of the sort!
“…Her main goal was to lead us to you, and getting close to the werewolf was the only way…”
If she had been allowed to, she would've screamed in a bloody rage and throttled Hokuto within an inch of his life.
All that came out was a shriek sounding between rage and surprise. In a desperate attempt to strangle Hokuto, she stood and instantly tripped, crashing to the ground. She had a gag around her mouth and chains around her wrists and ankles. She attempted another enraged scream, but the gag would not allow it to be heard.
She sat sullenly. There had to be a way out of this.
`Please let there be a way out of this.'
 
Oh wow. So no one dies in this chapter? My mistake, it's the next one. Anyway, short, I know, but the next chapter and the one following that should be long….er…
Until next time!
By the way, I think I've got a killer end for this.
WHY WON'T YOU REVIEW:
Fallen Angel Mitsu- I didn't like that chapter, but I'm glad you did. Anyway, better stuff coming next. Thanks for reviewing!
Korii Shoujo- I adore Foamy. And Pill-z. And Bugley. And the Hatta'. They are all so awesome. Yes, things will get better. It's just that, I needed to show the passage of time and get to the point where… Well, I can't give it away. I would like to, but there are these people that don't like knowing things before they happen. They must be horrible psychics.
jesusgirl883- Oh, I'm sure I know what type of review I'll get for the next chapter. And for the one a few chapters later…