Crossover Fan Fiction / Count Cain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweetest Poison ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing!
 
 
The beautiful children of the Seigner family sat crammed in the back of a carriage heading off to their latest job. Inuyasha glared out the window. Sesshoumaru stared bored out the other window. Kagome sat in between the two going insane. Her corset was too tight, her hair was pinned everywhere, and she felt like she was wearing a mask with all the makeup she was wearing to look older. She really didn't like working for her new adopted family. There was something bad going on but she didn't know what or really want to know. All she knew is if she did what she was told she would soon be back on a boat heading home.
Thinking of home made Kagome ache inside. Everything was so much less complicated then. She missed her mother, brother, grandfather, and friends dearly. She even missed her old relationship with Inuyasha. She used to have the hugest crush on him back home and still did slightly. However, now they were “siblings” and all thoughts of love had to go out the door. Even without that, they couldn't act like the friends they used to be. In London everything was so strict and proper. In their little town everything was so relaxed and calm. You could do whatever you wanted and not be looked down on. Her town was rare in that sense. But she was having a pretty good time seeing new things and meeting new people. She'd just suck it up and make the best of it even if the tension in the carriage right now made her want to shoot someone.
Kagome's thoughts soon traveled to her job for tonight. She had to admit that Count Hargreaves was very handsome, maybe even as much as Sesshoumaru. She knew that she had to be the one in charge and in control, but she was sure one look would make her turn to goop. Yes her love for Inuyasha was also dimmed by her crush on the Count. However, she would not let him get the best of her. Kagome was well aware of his arrogance and appeal that had women dropping at his feet. She would not be one of those mindless girls. Yes Cain would be at her feet begging before the night was done.
Kagome giggled a bit at the thought causing her “brothers” to look at her odd making the teen blush. Luckily, the driver announced that they arrived before they could question her. The trio quickly got out and both brothers each took Kagome's arms while heading of towards the bright mansion in front of them. The mission starts now.
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
The entrance of Seigneur siblings immediately started whispering among the guests. Cain immediately took notice, especially of his latest beautiful mystery. He was talking with his uncle, the host of the party, who upon their arrival went to great them leaving Cain to quickly follow.
“Lords Seigneurs so good to see you!”
“It's a pleasure to see you again as well Sir Hargreaves,” Sesshoumaru replied elegantly.
Mean while Cain and Inuyasha caught each other's eye and immediately sent their traditional glares to each other causing Kagome to giggle. This caught Cain's attention and smiled at her. Kagome did everything she could to not turn completely red, much to the young count's pleasure and her “brother's” displeasure. Cain immediately took her delicate lace-covered hand, laying a delicate kiss upon it, never straying his eyes from hers.
“It's a pleasure to see you tonight, Lady Seigneur.”
The inner Kagome squealed and practically fainted, but luckily the outer Kagome had recovered quickly, remembering her job. As soon as he let go of her hand, she lowered her eyes and curtsied, showing a bit more cleavage than normal without looking desperate or trashy. She smirked knowing exactly where her target's eyes were going.
Men are such easily manipulated creatures.”
She slowly raised her eyes to lock with his, “The pleasure is all mine Count Hargreaves.” Her soft seductive voice caused both Cain and Inuyasha to shiver.
“Oh! Lady Kagome I hardly recognized you! You grow lovelier everyday!”
Uncle Neil's voice quickly awakened them from the spell the raven beauty cast. Kagome quickly regained her self from the surprise of the old man's interruption.
“Thank you Sir Hargreaves. You are too kind.”
Neil chucked as she curtsied slightly and smiled modestly.
“So modest too! You two must have a hard time keeping the men away from her.”
Inuyasha let out a simple keh while Sesshoumaru (with a glare at his brother) replied, “Occasionally, but she can also take care of herself.” Inuyasha laughed, but a quick elbow to the side from Kagome quickly silenced him and endeared her even more to Cain.
“Lady Seigneur, would you like to get a drink with me?”
Kagome and Sesshoumaru exchanged a look before he nodded and she turned back to Cain.
“Of course Lord Hargreaves, but please just call me Kagome.”
Cain gave a sly smile back and took her arm as they walked away.
“Of course, if you call me Cain.”
She smiled sweetly back, moving closer than necessary to him. She would win this game of seduction.
“Deal.”
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wow I updated this finally. I hope ya like. I know it's moving kinda slow but the next chapter it WILL speed up A LOT! I already know what's happening and I think everyone will enjoy (especially Cain and Kagome ^_^).