Crossover Fan Fiction / Count Cain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweetest Poison ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.
 
“Sir, will you please remain still for one moment?”
Count Cain Hargreaves glared at his trusted servant, Riff, and stopped his fidgeting so Riff could finish dressing him. Riff couldn't be too upset with the teenager for he knew his mind was somewhere else at the moment. After their lasting meeting with Crehador, the medium spoke of a family who seems to be connected with Delilah in some way. A family whose history was drenched in as much blood and scandal as the Hargreaves', the Seigneur family.
Cain was familiar with the mother and son of the family: two cold individuals who would shot you dead without a flicker of emotion. The father was warmer but still could never to be trusted. However the two teenagers who recently joined the family, the love children of Lord Seigneur, were very different. They both were more open and emotional and didn't act properly at all. Cain personally hated Inuyasha. The boy was immature, crude, brash, idiotic, and had no sense of class. He was fairly handsome, at least to a few noble daughters, but his constant scowling took away from any attraction he had. The only time he meet Inuyasha, they ended up arguing with each other. Inuyasha started yelling at Cain, until his half brother dragged him away calling him an embarrassment. When ever they saw each other at a gathering, the white haired teen glared at him.
Kagome was different though. She did not act like her brother or any of the other noble women. No, she talked and acted freely and not idiotically. One moment she would be acting childish with the children and the next would be debating with a man over politics. Cain never saw her gossip like other women and never seemed to be trying to get men to sleep with her. Most women scoffed and mocked her behavior merely out of their own jealousy. The fact that she was quite beautiful only flamed their hatred. Kagome attracted every man seemingly without out doing anything. When she has gone up to men, all of them very rich and powerful, and spoke with them, within moments she has them wrapped around her slender fingers. Every powerful, noble man has received her much fought after attention… except Cain, which left a sting of jealously in the Earl.
He wasn't jealous of being ignored because he had feelings for her, as Oscar and Riff suggested (Cain viciously denied their claims). He wasn't jealous at all (in his mind). He was just frustrated that he could not figure out what she was up to. Every man she spoke with could not remember what they spoke about or anything at all about their time together. All they could remember is being with her some point. The men always had an odd smell on their clothing after their time with Kagome. They said it smelled like an herb but could not say any specific one. Even after borrowing a piece of clothing from one of the men, Cain could not figure it out. However, now that he heard of a connection between his father's organization and Kagome's family, he guessed her and her family were gathering information abut something for his father though he wasn't sure what. This brought him back to why Kago-…they still haven't gone after him.
“Sir, if Lady Kagome is connected to Delilah, then I am sure she will go after you soon enough.”
Cain narrowed his eyes at Riff and his “I know you're thinking about her and you like her” smile.
“I am aware of that. It's not that I care if or when she confronts me, it's what her and that family is planning.”
Riff nodded and muttered something that sounded like “then why are you pouting?”, but Cain pretended not to hear.
“Just keep an eye on them, especially Lord Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.”
“And you'll watch Lady Kagome?”
“Only because she is the one who is probably gathering the information. It would be easier for me to follow her and stop anything she tries to do. And Riff.”
“Yes sir?”
“Stop smiling.”
“Yes sir.”
 
Yay! I updated. Thanks to all the people who added me to alerts, etc. It really motivated me to write. I know they still haven't meet but next chapter they defiantly will. Just had to do some back story. But this week they will meet! I encourage people to write some Godchild/Inuyasha crossovers. PLEASE!
Peace!