Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Journey to the City of Endless Night ❯ Chapter Thirty ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Thirty

Warnings: Lemon

Kagome woke, noticing that Garion stood with his back turned as he looked out the window. She rolled over, facing towards the door, waiting for Inuyasha's return. He had looked so murderous when he had left that she only hoped he wouldn't kill the man who had attacked her. She blinked back fresh tears, remembering what had happened.

Garion brought her back from her thoughts as he said, “You're awake.”

Kagome sat up, looking over towards him. He looked so serious. His mouth was drawn into a tight line and a lock of blonde hair fell over his brow. She replied, “Yeah. Inuyasha's not going to kill him, right?”

“I don't know. He's pretty angry right now.” Garion pulled up one of the chairs by the vanity. He sat down by the bed. “He's mostly scared, I think.”

“Scared? Of what?” Kagome knit her brows together.

“What happened tonight upset him. I think he's a little scared that things could have gone differently, that's all.” Garion smiled slightly. “He probably isn't half as afraid as that Zelleth fellow will be.”

Kagome looked down, smoothing her hand over the blue comforter. “I still feel so stupid for getting stuck in that situation in the first place. I should have gone to look for Inuyasha on my own.”

“You didn't know what he was planning, it's not your fault.” Garion reached out, placing a hand onto her shoulder. He said, “We're all just glad that you're alright.”

The door opened and Inuyasha entered, propped up by Sesshomaru. Kagome looked up, shocked that he would have been wounded in such a battle. That's when she saw the stripes on his cheeks. Inuyasha had transformed. She wondered why he had when she could see no wound. Inuyasha sat down onto the bed, holding onto Tetsusaiga in a tight fist. He jabbed it towards Sesshomaru. “Back off. I'm sitting. I didn't need your help.”

“Did, did you kill him?” Kagome asked.

“No.” Inuyasha closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. He said, “I told him if he ever did it again, I would kill him.”

Kagome hugged him, burying her face into his shoulder. She said, “Thank-you.” Looking up towards his face, she saw the stripes recede slowly. His eyes were still angry. She whispered again, “I'm sorry.”

“Quit apologizing.” He pulled her close to his chest, holding her tight. His hand rested on her hair, petting it.

Garion cleared his throat, embarrassment clearly written all over his plain features. He said, “I hate to intrude, but Aunt Pol said that we're going to have a discussion a little later. I know it's late.” He turned his back on the couple.

Sesshomaru nodded. “I will keep that in mind. I must attend to something.” He gracefully swept from the room and Kagome almost envied him.

She looked back up towards Inuyasha, running a finger on his cheek where a stripe had been a moment before. Inuyasha looked down at her, his gold eyes softening. He pulled her into his lap, his arms pulling her in tighter. Inuyasha responded to Garion's request, “Feh. We'll be there. How long will this take?”

“Grandfather said that we have a lot of things to discuss. I do hope it won't last the remainder of the night. Ce'Nedra is absolutely intolerable without sleep.” He smiled shyly as he glanced over his shoulder. “I'll leave you be. He said he wanted us to meet in an hour or so.” He made his way to the door, exiting as well. It left Kagome alone with Inuyasha.

Inuyasha growled and she wondered what could be bothering him. He took deep breaths, its warmth caressing her ear. He moved his head close to her ear, his tongue lapping out at it before she felt a fang graze the lobe. A soft moan escaped her. The look of desire she had seen pool in his eyes from earlier in the evening danced before her eyes. Kagome's eyes closed as she felt him ease her onto the bed.

Kagome felt Inuyasha crush his mouth to hers, hunger evident in the kiss he gave her. His tongue plunged deep, as if he was trying to drink her all in. She gasped, running her hands through his hair. She felt his hands rub up her body to rest at the ties to the bodice of her dress. Kagome opened her eyes when he broke the kiss off and felt his other hand brush hair from her face. His gold eyes were full of desire and love. He kissed her forehead before hugging her tightly. “Don't ever do that again.”

She felt confused. “Do what, Inuyasha?”

“Scare me like that.” Inuyasha ran a hand on her hair, fiercely holding her to his chest. He eased up, his tongue circling her mark.

Kagome let her eyes flutter shut as she felt his tongue run across her throat. She reached for an ear, tugging on it. The groan that reached her ears sounded strained, desperate. His hands fumbled with the ties to her dress, trying to take it off without ripping the fine silk. As he pulled the dress from her shoulders, his mouth traveled with it, sucking gently at the skin. Kagome groaned, lifting her hips to help him ease the dress the rest of the way.

Once her dress had been tossed to the floor, he ran his hands across her skin, rubbing gently. His claws brushed across her skin, sending tingles throughout, pooling in her abdomen. Inuyasha's mouth suckled at her shoulders, his tongue making circles. He looked into her eyes before his mouth found hers again. His tongue thrust deep into her mouth and she felt again as if he was trying to drink in her essence. His hands ran across her breasts, still encased in a bra. He growled into her mouth at the offending garment, tugging at it.

Kagome broke the kiss off, sitting forward to unclasp it. She slid it from her body, tossing it to the floor. She moved her hands into his haori, imploring him to remove it. Inuyasha kissed her, hastily removing his own clothes. His hands found her bare breasts, after his own chest was exposed, squeezing them. Kagome panted, arching towards him. She ran her hands across his bare, strong back, before moving them to his face, cupping it as she kissed him back.

As his mouth moved from hers, trailing kisses as he moved to a breast, she felt as if she had been set on fire. His fangs grazed her ever so gently, teasing her. Kagome arched towards him, begging him wordlessly. He pulled it into his mouth, sucking gently as his hand squeezed the other. She moaned, feeling an ache rest between her legs. The things his tongue and mouth could do to her body nearly drove her over the edge. She gasped his name, it coming out broken.

Inuyasha moved to the other breast, giving it the same treatment. She ran her nails across his back, throughly enjoying the feel of his hard skin under her hands. He flicked his tongue across her nipple before nuzzling in between both breasts, biting and kissing his way to her navel. Kagome bucked towards him, her moans pleading with him. She rubbed an ear and Inuyasha growled against her skin. His hands ran on her sides, feather-like.

Inuyasha swirled his tongue inside her navel, lapping at her skin. His hair brushed against her, teasing her. He pushed a hand into her panties, a finger moving towards her inner thigh. She spread for him, pleading. Inuyasha pulled the garment away from her body, tossing it behind him. He kissed his way down, nipping at her thighs. Kagome squeezed her eyes shut, her hands fisting into his hair. How did he know that this drove her absolutely wild?

Inuyasha's tongue darted out, licking at her opening. Kagome bucked towards him, begging him. He licked her, thrusting his tongue inside and she moaned, her hands fisting further into his hair. His hands ran up and down her inner thighs, barely touching. Kagome gasped his name, half of it lost to a moan as she felt him swirl his tongue deep inside. Inuyasha was going to push her over the edge. His tongue moved faster inside and she arched towards him, feeling her body shake. It felt so good and he licked her as the feeling subsided.

Inuyasha divested himself of his last remaining article of clothing. He kissed her and she could taste herself on his tongue as it twisted with his. She rubbed an ear, kissing him deeply. Inuyasha groaned into her mouth, his own hips thrusting towards her. He broke it off, suckling at her mark. His hands ran up her sides, one cupping a breast. She felt him settle himself between her legs and she panted. As good as it had felt to release when he had thrust his tongue inside she wanted more. Kagome could feel Inuyasha's arousal by her skin.

Inuyasha lifted his head, looking into her eyes again. He lifted himself on his palms before settling himself deep within her. His eyes never left hers. Kagome gasped as she felt him fill her. She reached up, making circles on an ear. His eyes fluttered shut as he fully sunk inside, combined with the jolt her touch on his ear provided. He kissed her, moving his hips against her.

Kagome cupped his face into her hands as she hungrily kissed back. She felt him move inside her, stretching her. His hands rested on her hips, holding them down as he pushed deeper inside. She groaned against his mouth, feeling his thrusts become faster and harder. Inuyasha sucked on her mark again, bucking against her. Kagome felt him grind his hips against hers, trying to push even deeper.

Inuyasha gasped, her name on his lips as he pushed deeper. He panted, his thumbs flicking across the skin at her hips. He kissed her, his tongue thrusting deep into her mouth. She felt herself coil again as she felt release approach and she bucked her hips towards his, taking him even deeper. A cry escaped his throat and he thrust into her a few more times before climaxing. She followed not long after, sinking her nails into his back.

Inuyasha collapsed on her, resting his nose at her mark. He panted as he caught his breath. Lifting his head, he looked into her eyes. Kagome reached up, brushing a sweaty strand of hair from his face. She said, “I'm not sorry I scared you.” She smiled wide at him as a small smile flickered across his features.

He ran a thumb across her cheek. “Do you really want to be?” Inuyasha kissed her before pulling from her body. He pulled her into his lap, kissing her mark. He sighed. “I suppose we're going to have to get dressed.”

Kagome pouted. “Do we really have to?” She ran her hand on his back, before hugging him. She lifted herself up, kissing an ear. “I guess before everyone comes bursting in, I suppose.”

Inuyasha nodded, sucking in air. He hugged her tight to his chest again before letting go. Kagome got off, letting him stand. He pulled on his pants, picking up his fire rat and pulling both the undershirt and coat over himself.

Kagome looked down at the silk she had worn to the party. She picked up her bra and panties, putting those on first. “Now what? I'm not getting back into that dress.”

He smirked. “You know, you could always wear your school uniform.” A fang peeked out at one corner.

“Inuyasha, you hentai.” Kagome crossed the room, opening the bureau provided. She took out her gray travel dress. She glared at him in mock anger. “I think I'll just put this on.” Instantly a pout crossed Inuyasha's face. She laughed. “Oh Inuyasha, don't be silly.”

He crossed the room, kissing her mark. Inuyasha smiled. “Just get dressed.”

She pulled on the dress, tying the bodice shut. Kagome straightened the skirt out. “There. How do I look?”

“Overdressed.” He ducked when she tried to hit him. Inuyasha sighed. He said, “I suppose we should go and get this over with.” They exited out into the hall, asking a servant where they were expected to meet.


Sesshomaru stalked the halls of the imperial palace. He had decided not to inform the miko or his half-breed brother of his intentions, but he had fully resolved to punish the man who had harmed Kagome. She was a part of their group after all and this pathetic being deserved to feel his full wrath. Before this man could attempt another attack on anyone else, Sesshomaru was determined to resolve it permanently. He didn't need anyone to tell him where the foolish man had gone. Sesshomaru could smell his fear from inside the palace walls.

Exiting into the garden, he walked past the statue his brother had sliced into pieces to refrain from giving into blood lust. His eyes narrowed. The man hadn't made it far from the spot. Sesshomaru picked up the sound of raspy breathing. It came from his left and he crossed the cobblestoned path on silent feet. This human would pay for what he had done. Anyone else who had the gall to attack another pack member would know their fate.

He saw Zelleth cower in a corner by a bush. He obviously had been too afraid to return to the palace or to make his escape. Sesshomaru stepped closer, staring down at the pitiful mortal at his feet. He said, “I have made no promise not to kill you. You can either let me end your wretched existence now or you can try to make your escape and see if you shall survive.”

Zelleth shrank back. “I didn't mean to hurt her. I'm sorry. I promise never to do it again. Please, just don't kill me.”

Sesshomaru glared down at him, his eyes becoming slits. “How utterly pathetic. I am not as forgiving as my brother.” He stepped closer, his whip forming in his hand. “Your debt has not been collected.”

Zelleth backpedaled on his hands, his legs pushing him. Fear wafted to Sesshomaru's nose and he relished in it. His prey shook in terror. “Please, don't kill me. I didn't mean it. It was a mistake.”

“It was a fatal mistake.” Sesshomaru lashed his whip, striking it against the stone wall behind the wretched parasite before him. While Inuyasha had let him go and adhered to his mate's wishes, Sesshomaru had no qualms about destroying the pitiful mortal before him. “Now, which shall it be? Shall I kill you outright or will you take my offer and make an attempt at an escape?”

Zelleth flinched against the wall, standing on shaky legs. He started to run, his breaths raspy. Sesshomaru stalked him slowly, letting him think he was able to escape. As he got further away, Sesshomaru flicked his wrist, the whip wrapping around his prey's ankles. Zelleth whimpered, crashing into the soft earth of a flower bed. “Please, I'm begging you.”

Sesshomaru smirked, moving closer. “Do you know what you are? You are a miserable example of your race. Your attempt to display your meager power shows exactly how weak you truly are. Forcing one's self onto a woman is inexcusable. Would you like to know why?”

Zelleth cowered on the ground, his arms over his head as he folded up into the fetal position. He whimpered his answer, trembling. Sesshomaru leaned down, his nose wrinkled in disgust. “Because it shows that you are incapable of true power. You are nothing.”

Sesshomaru thought of the fear that had settled over Kagome as the man had pinned her against the wall. He thought of what could have happened if he hadn't stopped it. The image in his mind shifted and he imagined if it had been Rin in her place. This only fueled his anger further. The rubbish that groveled at his feet now had already proved capable of assaulting one woman. It would not take much more to surmise that the scum might attempt another.

Uncoiling his whip from around Zelleth's ankles, he smacked it across the mortal's back, singing his outfit. The scream that escaped his prey's lips amused him. Slashing it again, he watched as the man recoiled in pain. He said, “I see you have not been so lucky as to escape. Your pathetic existence shall end here.”

Zelleth howled in pain, clawing at the dirt in front of him with his hands. He scrambled to his feet, fleeing the wrath of his predator. Sesshomaru watched, the corner of his mouth tinged with a sly smile. At least his prey had more fight in him. Gracefully following Zelleth into the maze of hedges and stone, he smelled blood and followed the trail. It smelled tangy, pain and fear laced through it.

Zelleth ran without direction, panic setting in. He glanced over his shoulder towards Sesshomaru, his expression full of terror. Pushing himself harder, he tried to run faster, but Sesshomaru pulled in, alongside him. He flicked his wrist again, wrapping his whip around the man's neck. Pulling him in close, he snarled at Zelleth. His prey's hands tried to grasp the whip around his neck, burning them in the process. Sesshomaru whispered in a deadly tone, “You are worthless. Die.”

Zelleth struggled as he tried to break free. His legs flailed wildly as he lost air. Sesshomaru watched as his eyes bulged and his mouth opened, pleading for air. The smell of burning flesh added to the sweetness of his prey's death. As the body went slack, he noticed that blood trickled out of the corner of Zelleth's mouth. Retracting his whip into his fingers, he let his prey fall to the ground in an unceremonious heap. Now he could be certain the filth would never again hurt anyone, especially Rin.

Turning his back on the corpse, he crossed back towards the palace. Sesshomaru wrinkled his nose in disgust. He saw a few of the servants of the palace gawking at him as he returned. As he entered the hallways, he ordered to one, “Dispose of that filth out in the garden.” Sesshomaru continued down the hall, aware of the eyes watching as he passed.

Reaching the suite where the monk and slayer stayed, he knocked on the door. When it opened, he saw the monk standing on the other side. “What can I do for you, Sesshomaru?”

“I have come for Rin.” He glanced into the room, seeing the sleeping child curled up with the fire cat. He crossed the room, leaning down to smooth some hair from her eyes. She looked so peaceful asleep there. Easing her towards himself, he rested her onto his shoulder. Rin's arms dangled around his neck, past his shoulders as her deep, even breaths demonstrated that she hadn't stirred. Sesshomaru titled his head towards the slayer and monk once before exiting and returning to his suite.

Once they arrived, he gently set her down on the floor, opening the door. Sesshomaru eased her back to his shoulder, thankful that she hadn't awoken. He made his way through the emerald colored rooms to the large bed resting in the fourth room. Easing her onto the bed, he knelt next to it, brushing more hair from her eyes. He felt the rage that had consumed him out in the garden subside and a calm settle in its place. Rin opened an eye. “Sesshomaru-sama, you're here.”

Sesshomaru nodded, a small smile crossing his lips briefly. He asked, “Did you have a good time, Rin?” He turned, lighting an oil lamp by the side of the bed before looking back towards her. The light was dim, casting much of the room into shadow.

Rin nodded her head. “It would have been better if you had been with Rin, though.”

Sesshomaru sighed. He stood up, crossing to the other side of the bed before climbing on. Rin turned around, curling up onto his chest. He rubbed her hair gently. “I wanted to be there, but I had to take care of important matters.”

Rin nodded, looking up towards him. Her small arms wrapped around, hugging him. “I'm just glad you're back now. There were mean boys at the party who said bad things about you. I didn't like them very much, but Inuyasha-sama made them go away.”

Sesshomaru's brow furrowed. What exactly had these boys said about him that would upset Rin? He said, “I see.”

“They said that you couldn't protect me because you only have one arm and I told them you could. I know you can, Sesshomaru-sama.” She snuggled into his chest more, her tiny form resting in his lap.

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes, angry that anyone would say such things to Rin. They were lucky he had not been present. He replied, his voice low,“Pay those feeble mortals no mind. I have no need for their opinion and neither should you.” Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around her, holding Rin close to himself. Her scent of lilies soothed him. If Sesshomaru could have had his way, he would have sat with her like this all night instead of going to a party.

“Inuyasha-sama said the same thing. Why do they say such mean things?” Rin looked up at him, her brown eyes confused.

“Because they are weak and seek to find power through such worthless words,” Sesshomaru replied.

Rin lifted her head up from his shoulder. She kissed him on the cheek. “Okay.” She settled back down, wrapping her arms around his neck. She looked up at him, trust in her eyes. “I won't listen to them anymore”

Sesshomaru rubbed her back, the soft silk sliding under his fingers. He had noticed that her form had filled out since the last time he had her sized for clothing. Rin felt soft and small under his hands and the rose color brought out her features. Sesshomaru realized that she was developing into a rather beautiful young lady. He hadn't noticed until now because she often wore her small orange outfit. Rose was certainly more suited for her.

Sesshomaru replied, “Good.”

Silence filled the room, a welcome respite from the loud chatter that took place at the party. Sesshomaru thought about how tiny Rin truly was and was reminded of how fragile. Her smile and eagerness to love sometimes overpowered that. She felt content to rest in his lap, her little fingers drawing unseen patterns on his shoulder. Sesshomaru rubbed his clawed hand over her silken hair. He rested his cheek against it before placing a small kiss to her forehead.

Rin's quiet voice asked, “Sesshomaru-sama, we'll always be together, right?”

He blinked, curious as to where the question could have come from. Sesshomaru pulled her closer, resting his cheek against her hair. “Yes.” It was the only answer he could provide because it pained him to think of life without her. Her arms went around his neck, the tiny arms squeezing ever so gently.

“I hope so. I don't like it when we're not together.” She yawned wide. Rin said, “I bet Jaken-sama misses us, too.”

Sesshomaru chuckled. “I suppose so. Do you miss him?”

Rin seemed thoughtful for a moment. She said, “Yes, but I like being with just you, too. He squawks a lot.”

This caused him to smile wide, true mirth in it. Sesshomaru often wondered what the small girl had thought of his servant. Her assessment wasn't far off the mark. He kissed her cheek. “I think you're right.”

Rin smiled again, kissing his cheek in return before lying back down onto his shoulder. She closed her eyes, yawning again. Sesshomaru sighed, knowing that they were expected to join the others in a little while. He said, “Rin, you should change before we go to see the others.”

Rin lifted her head up. “Okay, Sesshomaru-sama.” She slid out of his grasp, disappearing into the side room where they had stored their belongings. He watched her cross the room with her clothes in her hands. Her hips had become rounder and her chest curved. She looked awkward, hovering between being a child and being a woman. She smiled wide at him before disappearing again into the bath chamber.

Sesshomaru closed his eyes, relaxing as he waited for Rin to return. He felt her small form mold to his as she climbed back into his lap. He opened an eye, noticing that she was wearing her night yukata that he had ordered made for her. It was a nice silk in white with red roses decorating it. She asked, “Is this alright, Sesshomaru-sama?” He nodded his answer, hugging her close. Until they had to go speak with the others he would be content just to sit with Rin, his Rin.