Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Who Shot Gendo Ikari? ❯ Dream and Report ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
hapter Seven: The Dream & Report

Fuyutsuki's Apartment

The next morning, a familiar man that was drunkfully sleeping dropped a bottle of scotch to the ground, waking him up.

He looked around saying, "Uck! My mouth tastes like an ashtray."

He then belched out some cigarette butts. He then headed to the bathroom, then saw someone in the shower. He then opened the glass shower door, seeing Gendo taking a bath, humming.

"Oh, Fuyutsuki," he noticed, "wait your turn. There's plenty of hot water for all."

"Sir...you weren't shot!" He said, sighing in relief, " It was all a dream."

The other man turned off the shower, telling his sidekick, "That's right. The year's 1965, and you and I are undercover detectives on the hot rod circuit."

He then placed on a helmet, continuing, "Now let's burn rubber, baby!"

Then, the logo showed on a race track saying, "Speedway Squad! In Color!"

In a hot rod, Gendo, in a racing suit, stood up while the other man was driving. The man in glasses then shot through his gun.

That was when Fuyutsuki awoke, back in his own room, saying, "Wait! That was all a dream."

He then sighed, continuing, "Hey, then maybe I haven't become a hideous drunken wreck, and-"

He stopped, noticing his apartment a mess, then groaned before belching out cigarette butts.

Animeville News

An announcer named Scarlet Garcia began to announce, "Dozens of people are gunned down each day in Springfield, but until now none of them was important. I'm Scarlet Garcia."

As she continued, it showed Gendo being loaded into an ambulence.

"At 3 pm, Friday, local villain, Gendo Ikari, father of Shinji, was shot following a tense confrontation at Animeville hall."

It then showed a still shot of where he was shot, then to two hospitals.

"Gendo was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to alive, due to the Dip bullet missing his heart."

It then showed back to her as she spoke, "Now let's talk to the ones that are out to solve this mystery: Sango and the Toon Patrol."

Animeville Police Department

At the police department, Stupid was eating some ice cream while the pink cladded leader said, "Oh. Oh, hi, Scarlet. Ahem. Uh, right now, we are questioning two witnesses who were in the vicinity at the time."

It then showed a woman named Officer Jenny showing a photo to the witnesses asking, "Did you see this guy? Was he anywhere near the parking lot when Gendo got shot?"

Sango sighed, looking at the two witnesses, who were really Mickey's dog, Pluto, and ChibiChibi.

"It's no use," Sango said, "We can't get them to talk, besides ChibiChibi saying 'Chibi' all the time."