CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gil Grissom's Kidnapping ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Number five and the last chapter. Sobs. Thankyou everyone that has reviewed the story. Thankyou. Now see how Grissom comps with what happened to Ginnelle.
 
Beep. Beep. Beep. That was what Grissom first heard as he came out of his drugged indorsed sleep. Where I'm I? he asked himself as he opened his eyes. Gil winced in pain. He was not use to the bright light that came upon him when he opened his eyes fully. After he adjusted Grissom looked around the room he was in. White. Everything was white. Hospital. Gil thought to himself dryly. What was he doing here? The last thing he remembered was…Ginnelle! Grissom jumped up. He groaned as he felt the IV in his arm getting ripped out from his jump. Never mind that. Ginnelle!? Where was she? She's hurt. Where is she? Was she even alive? That last thought tore at his heart.
 
“Grissom.” a voice from his right said. Gil jumped again not expecting it. “Grissom it's ok. No one is going to hurt you here.” it continued to say. Ginnelle? Gil thought. Those words were around the same when Ginnelle was trying to comfort him after his rape. He turned his head quickly thinking it was Ginnelle but he was saddened as he found out that it was some guy in one of those white doctor jackets.
 
“Yes?” asked Grissom.
 
“Mr. Grissom, I'm your doctor, Doctor Vince. I would like if you would calm down sir, you have been out for two days now. You have some broken ribs, a fracture skull, and major injuries and bruising around your body. I need to check them and see how you are fairing and to now put that IV back into your arm.” The doctor told him.
 
“I don't need that.” Grissom told his doctor about the IV. “I want to go home.”
 
“Sorry Mr. Grissom but until you are healed enough, you're not going anywhere.”
 
Grissom nodded in defeat. Doctor Vince started immediately by checking and redressing Grissom's injuries.
 
“Doc?” he asked.
 
“Yes.” He answers while checking Gil's wounds.
 
“Tell me. Is there a young girl that came with me? A bullet wound to the stomach.” Grissom asked his doctor. He wanted, no, needed to know. Even if he might not like the answer the doc well provide him. He had to know. Did Ginnelle survive or did she die?
 
“I was told that you would ask that when you wake up but I was informed not to tell you about her. She is going to tell you.” His doc said and he pointed to Sara on the other side of the room sleeping in a chair. “When she wakes up of course. There that should do it.” The doc said as he finished with Gil's wounds and the re-placing of the IV in his arm then left without any more words leaving Grissom alone.
 
Grissom was quite for some time, he looked like he was in a trance. Then he moved his glaze onto Sara. Sara, she was beautiful. At least to Grissom she was. While Grissom continued to stare at her Sara started to wake up for her sleep.
 
“Gil?” she said groggily from just waking up.
 
“Yes Sara?” Grissom asked softly. Sara jumped up when she saw that Grissom was wake and sit up on his own.
 
“Grissom!” she said happily as she ran to him. Sara hugged him but not too tight to hurt him.
 
“Grissom are you ok? What did he do to you?” asked Sara.
 
“Sara never mind me. What about Ginnelle? Is she even alive?” Gil asked with worry in his voice.
 
“You're really worried about her, huh?” Sara said. Gil nodded his head.
 
“She helped me get through the beatings and the…raping. If it wasn't for her I'd still be in that building with them.” Grissom told her. “Sara, how did you guys find me?”
 
“That girl you were with Ginnelle gave us a clues to were you guys were all we had to do was go back into the past and search God knows how many buildings to find you. Gil you said them? Grissom we only found one guy. Are you telling me that there were two of them with you?” Sara informed him.
 
“Yes. Which one is in custody?” Grissom asked. He was afraid. What if John got away? John could be after him or worse Ginnelle. Ginnelle…
 
“He says that his name is John Johnson.” said Sara. She watched as Grissom sighed with relief of this fact.
 
“Sara, where is Ginnelle?” he asked Sara.
 
“She's in recovery Gil but it's not looking good, she's in a coma right now. They say that she has a 5o/5o chance of coming out of it but a 4o percent chance that she will make out of this hospital alive. I'm sorry Grissom.” Sara explained to Grissom tenderly. Grissom had to lay back down on the hospital bed. This can't be happening, at least not to Ginnelle. That should have been him that got shot, him fight for his life in there, but it wasn't.
 
“Grissom are you up for some a visitor?” she asked.
 
“No.” Gil said snapped back at her.
 
“Gil I know that you are taking this hard but he wants to meet you. Will you please let him in?” That got his attention. Grissom nodded the ok and Sara got up, opened the door to his room and went to go get this person. It didn't take long before Sara came back with a man, old like himself behind her.
 
“This is him; Gil Grissom. Grissom I would like you to meet Anthony Winner; Ginnelle's father.” Sara told him. To say the least Grissom was shocked. Didn't Ginnelle say that her entire family was killed by Mike and John?
 
“How can that be? Ginnelle said that her family was killed.” Grissom said. Anthony deiced to answer that one while Sara left to give them some alone time.
 
“Yes you're right they are, at least all but me. You see Ginnelle told you what she saw. When those guys left and the police arrived they had found me an inch to my death. I was rushed to the Desert Palms hospital and recovered. When I came to, I found out that my little girl was missing. The police told me that Ginnelle died two years ago. I lost hope of ever seeing her again `til that Nick fellow told me that she was alive. I have been told that you are close to my daughter, is that true?” Anthony said. Grissom nodded his head.
 
“I'm sorry. I couldn't do anything to protect her. She protected me by taking that bullet.” said Gil.
 
“Don't frit. Even if you could it would've happen either way. When Ginnelle founds something worth her love and care she protects it. I wouldn't have expected anything less of her.” Anthony said with pride in his voice.
 
“Aren't worried or sad for your daughter?” he asked.
 
“Oh God yeah but Ginnelle is a fighter if anyone could get out of this it's her. Remember that and I'm glad I got to meet you. All of your friends are worried sick about you and they're dieing to see you again. Go luck with that. I'll be with my daughter if need me.” After that he left and Sara came back in with everyone in the graveyard shift.
Two weeks later…
 
Grissom sighed as he put his head on his desk. They trailed John and made a deal with him not to give him the death penalty if he gave up his brother's location. He did and both of the brothers were sentence life with out patrol. He had been released from the hospital a day later and that was last week; his been working ever since.
 
Though his doctor and fellow co-workers advised him that he shouldn't be working at all and rest some more, Gil couldn't. Not with Ginnelle still like this, work was the only thing that kept him busy enough to stop thinking about Ginnelle. She was still in her coma and still with no signs that she's coming out of if anytime soon. The doctor said that even though it looked bad, it was good thing that Ginnelle is still in a coma. The doctors know for a fact that Ginnelle is going to live; the worst part of recovery was over. All she has to do now was open her eyes. That's what is killing Grissom; the waiting. He feels that he owes her so much and he can't even help her with this. Of course Gil would go to her room and talk to her every day hoping that with the sound of his voice she would wake up but each time Gil left her room disappointed that she didn't wake up.
 
His cell went off snapping Grissom out of his thoughts. He quickly answered it without looking at the ID.
 
“Grissom.” he stated to the person on the other line.
 
“Mr. Grissom?” asked the person on the other line asked.
 
“Yes, who is this?” Gil asked.
 
“This is Doctor Cane, it's about Ginnelle.” After she said that Grissom hung up the phone and ran to his car going as fast as he could to the hospital that held Ginnelle.
 
He got there in record time and went to Ginnelle's room only to discover that she wasn't there anymore. He quickly ran to the front desk.
 
“Excuse me. I got a call about something happening to a Ginnelle Winner. I went to her room but she wasn't there anymore. Could you tell me where she's at right now?” Grissom asked fearing that something bad had happened to Ginnelle.
 
“Ok give me a sec.” The nurse at the desk lodged in on the computer and looked up the name Ginnelle Winner. “Ah! Here we are. Yes Ginnelle has been moved out of recovery and into a normal room. I could give you the number if you want it visit her.”
 
“Yes if could please.” said Grissom. Ginnelle was out of recovery. Does that mean she woke up? Gil dared not to hope too much. The nurse gave Gil the number to the room and he went out to see Ginnelle.
 
Gil found her room and waited to calm his breathing. This was it. He opened the door and was greeted by a site he would never forget. Ginnelle was sitting up on her bed with her eyes open. Her father was to the left of her while her doctor was to the right checking her over to make sure she was okay at the moment.
 
“Grissom!” Ginnelle called out to him with the biggest smile he'd seen on her face. That got the attention of the others in the room.
 
“I'm surprised, Mr. Grissom. I thought you would be here faster on the count a you hung up on me.” said Dr. Cane. Grissom cheeks burn from a blush that was now on his cheeks with embarrassment.
 
“Uh…sorry. I was worried.” he apologized to her. “So how is Ginnelle?”
 
“She's doing just find. Well I'll leave you three alone now.” With that said she left out the door and into the hallway.
 
“I think I should leave too. Let you guys talk alone for awhile.” said Anthony.
 
“Bye Dad.” Ginnelle said with a small wave from her hand. Her father did the same and then he left.
 
“Ginnelle are you ok?” he asked her.
 
“Yes much better.” Ginnelle suddenly got quite. “Are they in jail or are they still out there?” Grissom came close to her and hugged her. She leaned her body weight on Grissom to lean into the hug. She was scared of his answer, Gil could tell. So to quite that fear Grissom started to stroke Ginnelle's hair soothingly. “It's just that for two years I thought my whole family was dead and then imagine my surprise when I woke up to see my dad. I don't want for that to happen again.”
 
“Shh…it's ok now Ginnelle. They're both in prison and they're not coming out, that I promise you.” Gil said to her. Ginnelle nodded her head.
 
“So did you tell Sara how you feel?” she said with cockiness in her voice. Gil laughed and shook his head no. Ginnelle lightly hit him in the arm all sadness gone from her face.
 
“Stupid. You should tell her. She loves you I can tell.” Ginnelle told him. Gil nodded.
 
“I'll try later though.” he said to her.
 
Two days later Ginnelle was released from the hospital after a full recovery and living with her dad. They had moved closer to the crime lab for not only more space to live in but so Ginnelle could visit Grissom and the others when they're not too busy.
 
Six mouths into the new life for Ginnelle she decided that Grissom was waiting too long to make the first move on Sara so she told Sara about Grissom's love for her herself. At first Sara didn't believe her but when she realized that Ginnelle was not kidding they immediately went to work on a plan to get Grissom. The whole lab but Grissom was in on the plan.
 
The plan worked without a hitch and when Grissom found out that it was planned by the whole lab lets just say he laughed at them when he gave doubles for everyone and gave himself a day off. The years passed as Grissom and Ginnelle never lost connect with each other. Ginnelle started to like guys and was dating them now much to her father's displeasure and Grissom's amusement. Grissom was happily married to Sara and now the next step was to get ready for Grissoms' own little baby girl.
 
The End
 
That's the end. Sobs uncontrollable. Review to tell me how you like it. Ok guy and girls. I was thinking of a sequel. Tell me if you want one or not.
 
Click the button