CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gil Grissom's Kidnapping ❯ Finding Grissom and Death? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Number four baby! Thank you everyone who reviewed this story so far. Thank you!
 
 
Normal Pov…
 
The pain, the pain was intense. That was the only thing that Grissom could feel as the two brothers finish raping him. Now he knew why Ginnelle had been crying about. She knew this was going to happen but Gil also knew that if she tried anything they would both be in trouble. Gil didn't want that for Ginnelle. She had a lot to look forward in life that does not involve this, this life or hell as some people would call it.
 
Grissom cried out slightly as the oldest guy pulled out of him. Gil turned immediately out of the position that they had put him in and into the fetal position with his back to them, to protect himself from anything else these guys could think of. The older man had been rough, a lot rougher than the younger guy. They had raped him twice already. The younger guy was like the warm up while the other finished him until Grissom was spent.
 
It was finally over. No. Grissom told himself. This was just the beginning. No matter how much Grissom didn't want those words to be true he knew they were. As long as his team couldn't found him he will most likely have to face this or more as the days continued. Gil just hoped that, that wasn't true and his team no, more like his family was finding something right now that would lead them into the right direction to where he is being held. That thought brought hope to Grissom but he had to quickly put that thought to the back of his mind as he refocuses on the two guys that he had yet to know the name of. That was something he had to remember if he ever saw Ginnelle again. They were leaving out through the door and that was something Grissom can live with as they closed the door and out of Grissoms' site.
 
Gil relaxed for a moment thinking of what just happened to him. Frankly Gil thought he was in shock. The pain was incredible and he felt suddenly really dirty. He needed to take a shower if he needed to take one before he really needed one now. Ginnelle had been keeping him up to date about with how many days he had been kidnapped. It was a total of three days. Not a lot in some people's books but his experience told them other whys. He also felt that he was alone totally and utterly alone. Though Grissom knows that he's not but why does he feel this way. Is this how people felt after their own rape or was it just him?
 
Grissom snapped out of his thoughts as the door behind him opened again. Gil stiffened at the thought that they weren't done yet and they had come back to do some more damage or possibility rape him again. That was something Grissom did not to want to go through again. Grissom turned his head to the side to get a better look at the person who was coming into the room and he sighed in relief when he saw it was just Ginnelle walking through that door. Grissom can imagine what he must look like right now. His clothes ripped and torn with blood all over them, mostly the waist down, having bruises covering his body some places more than others, and still had his hands tied around his back, his back facing the door, and was in the fetal position for protection. Unknown to Grissom that was exactly what he looked liked and Ginnelle thought her heart was going to break. The brothers had taken longer with Grissom more than the other captives and from the looks of Grissom more injuries too.
 
“Ginnelle…?” Grissom spoke out to her. He just realized how scared his voice sounds like. Even with those men gone Grissom could not help but still be afraid, afraid of feeling the pain that had gone through him as they entered and thrust into him. Grissom shuddered at the thought of going through that again.
 
 
“Hey.” Ginnelle called out to him timidly. She walked slowly to him with her hands raised into a surrendering sign. To Gil, Ginnelle looked like a prep that got caught and was surrendering to the cops that had their guns out on her. Grissom was confused wondering why she would do that when she hadn't done anything to make him think she was a danger to him.
 
 
“It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. Everything is okay, they're gone now.” Ginnelle said softy to Grissom still walking at a very slow pace, like if she moves too fast he will be startled and do something they both might regret.
 
Gil then got why she was doing this. She was just trying to make him see it was safe now and that he had no reason to be scared anymore.
 
“Ginnelle it's ok. I'm ok.” He told her but try as he might he could not believe his own words. Ginnelle as far as Gil can tell did not believe him either. She shook her head and continued to walk towards him. When she did get to Grissom he was shaking slightly and from the looks of it Gil didn't even realize that he was doing it.
 
Ginnelle dropped to her knees and hugged Grissom from behind. She made sure she didn't squeeze too tight in fear that she might hurt him more than he already is. It didn't matter too much, Grissom was not going to come out of his fetal position any time soon. That still didn't stop Ginnelle though to comfort him the best she could.
 
“No, you're not. Do you want me to take a look at you?” asked Ginnelle. Grissom shook his head. “Why not? You're in pain. I can help you.” Again Grissom shook his head. Ginnelle let it drop for now. Grissom couldn't understand why he didn't want her help. Was it being himself and not liking others taking care of him? Or was it because of his rape? Grissom didn't know but figured it was from both.
 
“Ginnelle who are they?” he asked in a quite voice sleep now trying to take him away.
 
“Their names are John Johnson-the older man- and Mike Johnson-the younger one-, their brothers.” Ginnelle told him. I know those names. Grissom thought.
 
“The Johnson case?” Grissom said to himself.
 
“What?” asked Ginnelle.
 
“I recognize their names form the Johnson case. My team and I were working on a case a couple of years ago about a man that was killed in his own house. Our prime suspect was a guy named James Johnson. Their names were listed as his brothers John and Mike Johnson. I helped put away their brother; in fact if it wasn't for me James would have walked. I guess they blame me for putting their brother in jail and on death row. James as far as I know should have gotten the needle a couple months ago.” Grissom explained. He was tired. Anyone could see that with his eyelids drooping bit by bit but he was fighting it off. Gil was afraid if he was going to have dreams about what was going to happen or worst that when he wakes up that the two brothers would be there to rape him again.
 
“Easy Grissom it's late in the day. Sleep. I'll be right here if anything happens. Trust me.” Ginnelle said trying to get Grissom to sleep. It was working for the better part plus with out no food all day the strength that Grissom had left was gone and he was a sleep in a matter of minutes.
 
Later that night…
 
“Grissom! Grissom wake up!” said the voice from the darkness. It was calling out to him. Why?
 
Ginnelle couldn't get Grissom up. It took her hitting Grissom lightly on his face to get him to wake up again for these nightmares he's been having every few hours. Those things have been keeping them both up through out the night. Ginnelle watched Grissom wake up in a start; he was panting heavily trying to get his throbbing heart back to it normal rhythm. This has been happening almost every two hour and Ginnelle has been there for him the entire way.
 
It was hard to calm him down after every nightmare but Ginnelle did it. Her way was to talk to each other about their likes and dislikes. Ginnelle laughed a few time especially when he told her about his love for bugs. Gil didn't feel insulted but happy that he could make her laugh and it was defiantly a better reaction than saying `eww' with a face that goes along with it. Grissom mean while learned that she likes reading and writing. Gil hoped that if or when he gets out of here, he was going to bury her with the many books he owned.
 
“Hey Grissom?” Ginnelle asked hesitantly. Gil was curious why.
 
“Yes?” he answered.
 
“Grissom, who is Sara?” Ginnelle asked. She had to know.
 
“Sara? What about her?” asked Grissom worried. How did she know Sara?
 
“Easy Grissom.” she said gently. “I have been watching the crime lab for some time now. This Sara is more worried about you than the others. I want to know why. She looks like she loves you.” Ginnelle stopped talking and when Grissom didn't answer to her. She thought that she over stepped boundaries she shouldn't have crossed. “Sorry. I was just curious about who she is, again sorry.”
 
“No it's ok.” Grissom chuckled. “I would say she's just a co-worker that works under me if you were anyone else but you're not. Sara is way more to me than that. I rather not talk about it any more though.”
 
Ginnelle nodded in understanding. “That's alright.”
 
“So what about you? Did you have anyone special before…will you know?” asked Grissom.
 
“No I don't. Believe it or not but I'm all tomboy. Before my kidnapping I hated boys. Thought they were good for nothing but for themselves. Actually I still think that to this day. I rather by alone than have some boy trying to get into my pants every single minute.” Ginnelle said proudly to Grissom.
 
Grissom laughed. That sounds some much like Sara. Rather take care of her self than help form other especially from guys. Gil yawned suddenly. It was time to go to sleep.
 
“Thanks Ginnelle for helping me.” he said tiredly.
 
“No problem. Get some rest Grissom.” She said in a soft voice trying to lure him back to sleep. Ginnelle watched him through out the night and she notice that not once even during their talks he never came out of the fetal position. Ginnelle sighed and closed her eyes as well. She figured she should get to sleep too while she could.
 
It was late at night in the am hours when Greg sighed as he got the DNA test results back on their hair sample that was attached to the last note that they got. It was Grissom's. Damn! he thought as his put his head down on the table. No matter what they did they just couldn't seem to get any closer to where Grissom was.
 
Greg lifts his head up and grabbed the third note. Look into the past. What does that mean? Greg thought about it longer then he got a look on his face as he got an idea. He jumped up and went to the lab to get all of the files that had a relation to Grissoms' case.
 
He ran through the notes that the detectives have written on their findings and placing all of the things that were the same on the table spread out. After a couple of hours of sniffing through everything Greg compared the things they have and what they haven't had already. It was wee early hours when he was finished. Then he read everything trying to see if they had missed something and that took an hour before he saw it. There! I found it! he screamed in his head and then called all of the CSIs to the lab. Not 15 minutes later the whole team was back in the lab to wait Greg's discovery.
 
“What do have Greg?” asked Nick. Greg nodded pointing at four papers; one to each case.
 
“You now that message that Ginnelle gave us on our last note?” They nodded. “We know that the note said that `we are closer than we think and to look into the past' and that's exactly what I did. I went back into the past; the four cases and looked over the similarities between them. That's what Ginnelle meant by looking into the past. Well I found that the bodies in all four cases were near the place they were taken from.”
 
“Yes Greg we know you told us this already.” said Warrick wanting Greg to get to the point.
 
“Yes but at that time I didn't know how close they really were. Each victim was about four blocks from their own cars and where they got kidnapped. If these are the same kidnappers which I'm pretty sure that they are this means that Grissom should be around four blocks from where here was kidnapped from. So did I break the case?” said Greg.
 
“The tape.” Nick suddenly said. Everyone looked at him.
 
“The tape?” asked Warrick.
 
“Yeah remember, on the tape Ginnelle held up four fingers.” Nick told them pausing for a sec to let the information sink in. “We didn't know what it meant but she was hinting to us that they were four blocks away. That's what it means.” Everyone was silent after that.
 
“So again I ask did I break the case?” spoke up Greg. Everyone laughed slightly. That was Greggo for you.
 
“No but close enough for a big lead, thanks Greg.” thanked Catherine. They called Brass to help with the search to find Grissom. They searched high and low for hours, from early morning to late afternoon looking for Grissom knocking on door to door for him in a four block radius but they could not find him. They went to look at one more apartment complex and then they would call it a day.
 
In the apartment building Ginnelle had been watching the CSIs go from building to building at a window from the apartment where Grissom was in, it was only a matter of time before they check this one. So they figured it out. Better now then later; that could mean it was too late. Grissom is going to safe now. She smiled at that thought; Grissom would be safe and be back to work after some recovery time of course.
 
“Girl! It's time to go. Mike is waiting out in the car. They're out there. We need to go.” ordered John. Ginnelle wasn't shocked by that but was worried about Grissom.
 
“What about Griss-I mean the captive? What about him?” She asked but she already knew what the answer was going to be.
 
“Leave him to me.” John said has he got a .22 gun out of his jean pocket.
 
No! I can't let him do this! I have to stop him! Ginnelle thought franticly trying to come up with a plan. Ginnelle ran to catch up to John as he reached the place where the held Grissom. Before he could even open the door there was a knock on the entrance to the apartment.
 
“Police, open up. We have a few questions to ask.” The voice said behind the door.
 
“In here!” Ginnelle screamed to alert them that Grissom was in fact here.
 
“You bitch!” John yelled at her and slapped her across the face. He opened the door and entered the room were Grissom was held. No! Ginnelle screamed in her head and she got up ignoring the dizziness that came over her, ignoring the big bang noise as the police broke open the door to the apartment and ran after him.
 
Grissom woke up in pain again but that was nothing new for him since he had been here. He realized that he was still in the fetal position from last night. Grissom wondered were Ginnelle was. She said that she would be here for him. So where was she? That is what worried him the most. Gil also wondered what was going on, he didn't wake up from the pain; no his was woken up by one of the men that had kidnapped him started screaming at someone or something. He didn't know what was going on but it couldn't be good. He was also worried about Ginnelle and her safety. Was that man yelling at her? Gil then heard two sets of foot steps; one seeming to be walking and the other sounded like the person was running. He wondered what was going on when he heard a very faint knock on the door. So faint in fact Grissom thought he could have mistaking it for something else. That is if it wasn't for he heard Ginnelle yelling out to someone.
 
“In here!” Gil heard her say. Who was she saying that to? Grissom hopes went up. Was she talking to the police? He hoped so, not just for his sake but for hers too.
 
“You bitch!” He heard a man say to someone, most likely her and a slapping noise just outside of the door. He recognized that voice; John. That was trouble alone and that slapping noise? Was it John slapping Ginnelle? That was when Grissom saw that John was coming into the room with a .22 gun in his hand and behind him Grissom saw Ginnelle on the ground with a red mark on her cheek. There was a bang noise coming from somewhere else in the apartment but Grissom didn't know which part and Gil saw Ginnelle getting up at the same time, running to John and himself.
 
In a matter of seconds there was a gun pointed at him. At first he thought he was going to die here and when his team was so close to finding him too. Everything was going into slow motion as Grissom heard calls from people as the police race into the rooms looking for anyone. John was pulling the trigger and Grissom despite himself closed his eyes waiting for it to end. The gun went off as John fired and Grissom could hear in the background, “Shots fired! Shots fired!” He waited for the pain to glaze over him in waves but when he didn't feel any of that pain Gil opened his eyes, slowly at first. It wasn't until when his eyes were fully open did he see where all of the pain that he should have gotten went to. Grissom could only stare in shock when he saw Ginnelle standing front of him with her arms spread out to defend him with every part of her body.
 
“No.” Grissom whispered as he heard foot steps from his team and police coming towards them. “No.” he said a little louder as he watch Ginnelle drew her arms back in and put her left hand on her wound. Grissom couldn't see where she was hit but blood was coming out. “No!” Grissom screamed out in terror as Ginnelle put her left hand out; it was covered in blood. Slowly like in the movies Ginnelle dropped to her knees. “No!!” Gil struggled to get out of his bounds and sit up. She fell to her side in a spooning position. “No!!! Why did you do that! It was for me! Not you! For me!” Grissom yelled at her not knowing if she alive, dead, or even consciousness. Gil didn't care, all he could see was the blood that was quickly spilling out of her.
 
“Stupid bitch…” John said as he walked away. The cops weren't there yet. The apartment must have been bigger than Grissom thought or they ran into trouble alone the way. Gil didn't really care about that either. All he could do was stare at Ginnelle.
 
“Why…Why do that…” Grissom whispered more to himself than anything thinking she was dead.
 
“Can't…h-have…y-y-you…dieing…onR 30;m-me.” Ginnelle said with a small laugh at the end that quickly became coughing up blood.
 
“Ginnelle?” Gil called out to her. She didn't respond to him. “Ginnelle!?”
 
“Grissom!” Gil looked up as he saw Sara running towards him. When she got to him she looked at him and then to the girl who she knew was Ginnelle. At first glance Sara thought she was dead but she checks Ginnelle's pulse anyway. To her surprise Ginnelle was still alive. Sara went to work as she turns Ginnelle's body over to her back and put pressure on her bullet wound. Grissom looks on with some hope that Ginnelle would make this out alive but it was little as Grissom saw what kind wound she received from John. A bullet wound to the stomach, not a great place to get shot at. It's not like there's a good place to get shot at period. thought Grissom dryly.
 
“Can I get some help in here!? I have a girl here that needs immediate attention!” Sara called out. Grissom looked on as the paramedics came in and start to try and stabilize Ginnelle while another pair started working on him. The first thing they did was cut the bounds off his wrists around his back and so on. They pumped him with drugs and they immediately took affect as Grissom fell into a deep sleep.
 
The end of number four, but to get number five. What will happen to Ginnelle? Well she survive or will she die? I'm sorry to say that the next chapter will be the last.
 
 
Click the button.