CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gil Grissom's Kidnapping ❯ Mr. Winner ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh yeah number three. I hope you guy and girls have been enjoying the story so far. So I hope you guys and girls like this chapter. Thank you to the people that reviewed. See what happens to Grissom. And Who is Ginnelle's father.
 
 
The next day the team spilt up to find some answers faster. Warrick and Nick went to see if they could find Ginnelle's father at the address that Brass gave them while Sara and Catherine stayed at the lab with Greg. Brass was dealing with the press, Jack, and Conrad. God knows what he has to deal with, with Conrad. They stayed there to go over what little evidence that had and to wait and see if another note would show up again.
 
“So Nick what do you think of this girl, Ginnelle I mean?” asked Warrick while driving down the streets looking for the correct one to go down. Nick sighed as he put the directions down form his face.
 
“I don't know man. I mean she was 12 when this guy kidnapped her. I just wonder what she went through to stay alive for this long. I know personally what it's like to be kidnapped but she went through a lot more then I ever went through and that's saying a lot too.” Nick said to Warrick while thinking back to the past of his own kidnapping.
 
“I hear you bro. Hey is this it?” Warrick asked as he pointed to the apartment complex. Nick brought a piece of paper that had all of the information on it to his face and read it.
 
“Yep this is the place; apartment complex 322, apartment 283B.” said Nick. (I don't if it's like that. So bare with me please.)
 
“Alright let's get this over with.” Warrick said to Nick but it was direct mostly to himself. Him and his partner, Nick, got out of the car and headed towards the complex. Once inside, they went straight for the apartment that held the number 283B. Nick and Warrick find themselves in front of a beaten down gray door that held the number that they were looking for, they knocked a couple of times and waited for a response.
 
“Who is it?” a voice came from behind the door of the apartment.
 
“Mr. Winner?” asked Warrick.
 
“Yes?” again the voice came from behind the door but this time it was closer than the last response.
 
“Could you open up sir? We're CSI from the Vegas crime lab and we'd like for you to answer some of our questions, if you would please?” Nick said to Mr. Winner while he and his partner put up their ID cards to the little hole in the crappy looking door.
 
“Well that's tough luck there boy because I'm not in the mood right now.” Mr. Winner said and both Nick and Warrick could hear his foots steps walking away from the door.
 
“Sir, please open up. There's a missing CSI out there, one of my friends is out there and possibly getting tortured to death. It would immensely help if you could answer our questions.” Nick tried again. The foot steps stopped and for a second they thought Nick had convinced him but they were wrong.
 
“Look boy, I'm sorry about your friend. I know for a fact that I can't help you and besides I remember you people. You couldn't help me so way should I help you?” Mr. Winner asked with pain in his voice remembering what had happened to him and his never forgotten family.
 
“Because sir, not only will it help us with our fellow CSI, it will also help us find your daug-” Nick got cut off from Mr. Winner.
 
“Shut up! She's died! They told me she's died! You're just here to find that friend of yours!” he screamed from behind the door at them.
 
“Sir she isn't died. We have evidence that she is alive and with our CSI, Gilbert Grissom. People lied to you but no matter what, the evidence never lies. Please Mr. Winner let us inside so we can talk about this more personally.” Warrick gave a shot at it. He had been watching from the side lines `til now and seeing that Nick wasn't getting through to this guy he decide to take a different approach. It would seem to be working as Nick and Warrick heard foot steps again but this time coming closer to the door instead of away form it.
 
Nick nodded to Warrick as to thank him and Warrick gave an `anytime.' They both turned they're attention to the gray door as they heard two locks being unlocked and seeing as the door was opening. When the door was finally open, Nick and Warrick got a good look at Ginnelle's father and clearly they can see the resemblance now. Same color skin, built, and a few other features that have a slight difference because of male and female but it was the same trait all of the way. Anyway her father looked to be around mid 50's wearing fading blue jeans and a brown shirt. He looked like he never went through what had happened a few years ago but anyone who took a closer look would see that there was great pain in his dark brown eyes.
 
“You say my daughter is alive?” he asked with some trembling in his voice. Warrick nodded his head.
 
“Yes, Mr. Winner we do but we do not know were she is and that is where you come in. Please may we come in? I know that this must be hard for you but we need to know what happed the night were you and your family was kidnapped.” Warrick told him.
 
“Yes please come in and call me Anthony. Though why do I have to repeat what I told the police two years ago?” Anthony asked as he opened his door wider to let them in. The room was simple; there was a coach, a love seat, TV, a small kitchen, and one bed room. All of which as far as the CSIs' could see were colored plainly in grays, whites, or blacks.
 
“We know, we have it back at the lab. It's just that we need to hear it from the person who went through it; it gives us a better meaning about what happened and where to look. Also do you mind if we tape this.” Nick told Anthony as he and Warrick sat down on the coach and Anthony sat on the love seat. He in turn nodded.
 
“Date January 8, 2008. Victim and witness Anthony Winner. Stating his version of what happened August 16, 2006 the night of the kidnapping of him and his family. Ok you may start any time you like Mr. Winner.” Anthony nodded and he began his story of that fateful night.
 
“Well it was a Saturday night and everyone was up late especially Ginnelle. She loved staying up at night because during school nights she will force herself to go to bed between the times nine to eleven. I remember going to sleep around ten and for me that's late enough, you know?” Anthony started to laugh at himself for his old age despite the condition of his story. Nick nodded for him to continue on.
 
“Well anyway I woke up hearing screaming; it was Ginnelle. I jumped up at that sound. You see Ginnelle's a fighter she wouldn't have gone down with out a fight. I heard crashing down stairs where Ginnelle sleeps and before you say anything down stairs was the best room in the house so I'm not that kind of a father. I went to go down there but I was stopped by some guy.” He paused as to try and remember to what happened two years ago.
 
“He was tall like me and well built but he looked kind of old like I was back then. I put up a pretty good fight and I was confident that I could win when this other guy came up the stairs. He was well built like the first guy, not as tall as me though, and he looked younger than the other guy too. He had Ginnelle by her neck; she was unconscious. I saw what they did to her and then I felt pride swell up in my chest as I saw what she did to her attacker. He was equally beat up and I put two pieces together that all of that crashing I heard was her fighting this guy who was ten times her size and he looked like he was going to past out on the spot.” Anthony told the two CSIs about what had happened with his daughter with pain and pride. Nick was amaze at what this kid could do at such a young age that she reminded him of Sara back at the lab.
 
“They threatened if I don't go willingly that it was going to be my child's death and like any good father would do for his kid I did what they wanted me to do. Though I kept wondering while this was going on why hasn't the rest of my family wakened up. I soon found my answer as the two guys pulled the rest of my family in to the room with me. They were awake and alert but tied up. They didn't fight much from what I could tell; they look like they went willingly to me. Well continuing the younger guy tied and blind folded me, placed me and my family into a big car, a van maybe, I couldn't tell but must have been big to fit six people in one car. Ginnelle woke up during the ride to where ever they where taking us, I could hear her quick breathing. She almost freaked but I quieted her down and told her to remain calm even though I felt like I was going to go into a rage.” He pauses and both Nick and Warrick looked at him. His fists were clenched and you could literally feel the anger and bitterness that Anthony held about what those guys did to his family.
 
“We stopped some time later. We were in an abandon room. That is were they beat, raped, and shot at us. I can still here their screams as those men raped my family and I could do nothing about it and I saw them kill my youngest daughter and my wife. I didn't see if they got Ginnelle because they shot me next. There was blood everywhere and even though I was losing consciousness I could hear her screaming calling me to see if I was ok or even alive. That was the last time I heard Ginnelle. When they told me that they couldn't find her I had hoped that they had spared her but after awhile they said she was dead since they couldn't find anything that proved that she was alive still and as you can see over time I truly started to believe them. So thank you for giving me my hope back again.” Anthony said finishing up his story. Nick hit the stop button on the tape recorder.
 
“Thank you Anthony for this. It helps a lot. I promise we'll do everything in our power it takes to get your daughter back alive.” Nick promised. He nodded in understanding but at the moment Anthony was just content to hear that his daughter was in fact alive.
 
“Thank you.” Was all Anthony said as the CSIs walked out of his apartment and back to the lab to share what they have learned to the rest of their team.
 
When Nick and Warrick got back to the lab they immediately knew that something was wrong.
 
“Guys, what's wrong?” asked Warrick. This can't be good. The others just looked at the two and then back at the small sheet of paper that was in Catherine's shacking hands.
 
“Oh on.” whispered Nick. He quickly put on gloves that he had in his back pocket just in case and grabbed the paper at of Catherine's hands. His hands were shacking themselves as he read the paper out loud of Warrick to hear. “`Rape is coming.'” Underneath it was a piece of hair taped on to the note. No doubt it was going to be Grissoms'. “When did you find this? How did it get in here?”
 
“Just a couple of minutes ago. Sara was the one who got it.” said Catherine.
 
“Got it? Don't you mean found it?” asked Warrick. Catherine shook her head no.
 
“No. The guy that delivers the mail said that he had found it with the other mail and he swears that it wasn't there before, we can only guess how it got there but at least we know the who now; Ginnelle.” Catherine explained.
 
“Look on the back Nick.” Greg told him and Nick turned the paper over. On the back was a message. That was different. None of the other notes had this not even the other cases. What could this difference mean?
 
“`You are closer than you think. Look back into the past.' What the hell is that suppose to mean?” asked Nick pissed off. He hated when people beat around the bush and not just tell him because one way or the other, sooner or later, he would find out. Nick though would rather find out now then later because later could mean a body. And right now that body could mean the death of Gil Grissom.
 
“We don't know.” said Sara. What did it mean they were close and to now look into the past? Everyone but Sara and Catherine left to search for anything that would help him.
Sara and Catherine…
 
“Hey Sara are you ok with all of this?” asked Catherine. Sara shook her head.
 
“No, no I'm not ok with this Catherine.” Sara almost screamed at her. Sara sighed as she down her glaze down stare at the ground. “Where is he Catherine? Where is Grissom?”
 
“I don't know Sara. That's why we have to stay calm. It does us and Grissom no good if we don't stay calm.” Catherine told her.
 
“I know that, I know but it doesn't help. He's been gone for three whole days. We have been getting notes about what is happening to him. Beaten and now getting rapped as we speak. I don't know if I should still be on this case anymore. I feel like I'm going to break down any minute.”
 
“It's ok Sara. I know how you feel about Grissom but he needs you now more than anything, so you need to be strong.” Catherine said gently seeing Sara now in tears.
 
Sara nodded. “Yes I'll try.”
 
“That's my girl. Now let's go help the others” said Catherine. Sara nodded happily, tears gone, and they walked out to help the others.
 
Grissom woke up when first light had hit. He had more energy then the pervious days that much was for sure. He had waited for a couple of hours to see if Ginnelle was going to see him. His injuries were healing but that doesn't mean they're not there. They needed fresh bandages and Gil's stomach growled as to remind him that he needs food too. He waited and waited but Ginnelle never came. It was near mid day and Grissom feared for her life thinking that she got in to trouble and was not physically able to come.
 
That was when the door opened again to reveal the two guys who had yet have names to. Before they completely closed the door Grissom saw Ginnelle staring right at him with silent tears coming out of her eyes. That's not good. Grissom thought. If Ginnelle was crying that meant they were either going to kill him or torture him some more. Either way things were not looking good for Grissom as the youngest guy shut the door and to Gil, his only why for escape.
Ginnelle's Pov, before they enter the door that leads to Grissom…
 
I watch as John and Mike Johnson talk about Grissom and what they were going to do with him next. Yes they are brothers I can tell you that much, they were alike in so many ways it's scary. I stare at them now disgusted that they could do this to other people. I'm confused also, I'm never this attached to a captive but then again this guy was the only one who had asked about my safety rather than his own. Grissom is different from the others that I had to take care of. Not just that he cared for me when no other did besides my family but there was the people around him. When I'm not with Grissom I'm watching the crime lab work on how to find Grissom. So far they have been the closest in finding us that the two brothers got worried for a sec. The point to it was they were close but not close enough.
 
I stare at this one CSI worker, Sara I think her name was, yes that was it, Sara Sidle. She seems to be more affected about Grissom's kidnapping then the others. Don't get me wrong the others look like they were going to go nuts before they give up on searching for their fellow CSI, Grissom. But she was more, I don't know, I guess scared but who won't be. Later on I found out why she was so different. She cared for him more than anyone in that crime lab but I can't be sure if it's because she's his sister, lover, or ex-girlfriend. Though I'm pretty sure I'll find out with in time and that's something I have plenty of. That is why I had sent the last note to Sara about two hours ago but they did not get the hint that I have given them. They need to look into the past and they need to do it now.
 
It's weird not having to go to or worry about school anymore or having any friends like I use to but now I have to worry about how to survive and the only people I have to talk to are these stupid brothers and Grissom for now anyways. Though I would prefer if I was left alone because that would mean that there's no kidnapped person and that means no Grissom getting tortured to possibly death. If these `great' CSIs don't get the clues I'm giving them and get here soon for I fear what is about to happen to Grissom today and most likely tomorrow too.
 
I snap out of my thoughts and day dreams of the past, present, and future. The brothers or idiots as I like to call them…in my mind any way, I'm not dumb, finished their talking and started to head for the room they had held Grissom in. My heart clenched with fear as I knew what they were going to do with him and I was hurting. I keep thinking of what he was going to have to face at this very moment. Silent tears ran down my face and I chuckle in my head. That I would shed tears for this man when I have stopped crying long ago knowing that tears and crying got you know were. This is my first time since my own kidnapping and even though it was only a little under two years ago it was long enough for me.
 
I cry more as I saw Grissom's face. It was the face that told the people around him that he knew what was coming but could do nothing to stop it. The door closed and not five minutes later I can hear his screams but I could tell that he was trying to hold them back. Grissom was a man that didn't like to show pain or discomfit if he could help it. I sighed. They didn't come in time. This is going to be awhile, they always are. I walked next to the door frame and sat down. When they are done I will be there to pick up the pieces. I thought to myself. I just hope above all hope that they didn't break him like they did to so many others.
 
 
That's the end of number three. I hope you like it! See how will Grissom cop with this? All you readers have to do is give me four reviews.
 
 
Click the button