CSI - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gil Grissom's Kidnapping ❯ Ginnelle's Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I would like to thank everyone who reviewed. Thank you1 Alright this is the second Chapter of my story. Enjoy!
 
 
At the lab Greg was at a rushing pace trying to find the match of their mystery print found on both the first and second note. So far he was lucky enough to get a hit on the other set of prints; to a Jack Peterson. It seems that the guy had a record; arrested for thief and Mai found him easy enough but the other set, it was difficult. Brass put a P.D. out on Jack and his car that he owns. They found him as soon as the P.D. went out and they brought him in for questioning. Nick and Warrick were set out to talk to him but so far no word back yet.
 
Greg remembers what Hodges had told him earlier. Greg got paged by Hodges to tell him what he had on the white fiber. It was cotton and it was lathed with ether. Strong stuff Greg had thought. That would knock out any man if it was breathed in. He immediately told the team of what Hodges told him, their faces were grim. As he waited he also remembers the looks on his friends' faces and most likely his own as he confirmed that indeed the blood on the second note is in fact Grissoms'. Gil really was beaten. Greg and the others didn't want to believe it but the evidence doesn't lie. At least that was what Grissom always told them.
 
Greg snapped out of his day dreaming and continued to stare at the computer trying to will it to go faster when the computer itself started to beep. Looking at the computer screen, Greg saw the match found sign blinking then putting the two prints together to confirm it. He just stared at the computer as the file on the person that the print matched to came up. What he saw was something he couldn't believe. He pulled and grabbed the file, went to the lab, and sent a text message to the rest of his team to share his discovery.
 
When everyone got there, including Nick and Warrick they saw Greg with a good size folder in his hand.
 
“Greg we got you message. You said it was important.” said Nick.
 
“Yes I do. Though first did you find that Jack guy?” asked Greg. The team didn't know why he asked that if whatever he found was so important.
 
“Yes we did. Why?” Warrick asked not knowing what Greg was getting at.
 
“Well did the guy describe who the person was that gave him the note?” Greg said opening up the tan folder he had in his hands.
 
“Well he describes the person uh…” Nick reached into his back pocket and opened up his notepad. “White female, 5''2'-5''3', short brown hair, blonde highlights, hazel eyes, and skinny. That's all we got which is a lot really.” Greg nodded not taking eyes off of the inside of the folder.
 
“So Greg what do you have?” asked Sara impatiently. The way Greg was acting at a time like this was just felt so wrong to her.
 
“You guys aren't going to believe this.” he told them putting the folder that contained the person's file on the lab table for the rest of the team to see. He pointed to the girl in the folder. “Guys meet Ginnelle Winner, a missing person. She is the one that owns the first set of prints from both the first and second note.”
 
The team members were in the least stunned. The person involved with Grissom's missing and hinting them was a missing person, a little girl no less.
 
“She's a missing person?” said Catherine. Greg continued on what he knew so far about the girl.
 
“Not exactly, she until recently has been kidnapped. The officers who worked on the case closed it. They had little to go on in the beginning and that was two years ago.” he informed them.
 
The team looked at each other. They couldn't believe it!
 
“This is just getting weirder and weirder by the hour!” shouted Nick throwing his pad that had still been in his hand.
 
“I hear you man. So Greggo you're telling us that this girl was the one who had warned Grissom of his own kidnapping, gave this other note saying the person who kidnapped him beaten him, now your telling us that this girl was kidnapped two years ago! I can't believe this!” screamed Warrick. He couldn't believe this! Hell no one could believe this!
 
“I'm not done yet.” Greg told them and they, in return looked at him with a look `You got to be kidding me! There's more?!'
 
“I know.” Greg said when he saw that look from everyone. “Not only was she herself kidnapped but so was her family. They are Father, Mother, and little sister.” He stopped to pull out each picture of the family. “The father, white, an older man with dark hair with gray in it, age 51, a mustache, dark brown eyes, and dark skin. The mother, younger then the father but not a lot, age 42, light brown hair, green/hazel eyes, light skin, and a long scar going down on the right side of her face. Ginnelle, white, age 12 when she was kidnapped, 14 now, short brown hair, blonde highlights, hazel eyes, an even tan skin. The little sister, young, age 11, brown hair with blonde highlights in it, dark brown eyes with light skin.” He stopped to let this new information sink in and then continued.
 
“They were all taken out of their homes in the middle of the night. The neighbor called it in the day after when she didn't see any of the kids go to school or see her parents leave for work. She got worried and went over. You could only guess what she saw. Well anyway she called the police and they scoped out the area. They found nothing.” Greg stopped once again to pull out photos of the crime scene. The living room and basement was in shambles and the rest of the rooms were damaged as well but only minor like there was little struggle.
 
“A day later they got a call for an elderly man saying that he saw her family in an abandon apartment. It turns out he was right. They found the Father, Mother, and the little sister but not her. All of the family members were beaten, raped, and then shot.” Greg pulled out shots of the family; it wasn't a pretty site to see.
 
“The police looked every where but they couldn't find Ginnelle even when all of the evidence says she was there, they couldn't find her. They search for her for weeks `til they gave up at a dead end saying she died. It was under unsolved until recently they put the file up to destroy it.” Greg finished and was slightly out of breath.
 
“This sounds too much like Grissom's kidnapping.” said Catherine.
 
“Yes well Grissom's kidnapping isn't the only one that is similar in this case.” Greg informed them and again they looked at him like he was crazy. This didn't bother Greg he reacted the same way when he first found out. Greg continued, “There are four other cases too much like Grissoms'. They each have notes, they are all male, they are found near the area they were taken from, and they were taken out of their cars during the day. It's all the same. Now I thought it was weird that that there wasn't a connection to Ginnelle's kidnapping so I took the notes from each case and compared the prints, they all match Ginnelle Winner. Now see I thought it couldn't get any weirder but it did.”
 
Greg pulled out the notes from the pervious cases. “I looked at the notes from the other cases and I discovered a pattern.”
 
“A pattern? What pattern, Greg?” asked Nick not liking the sound of things.
 
“Alright, usually in every case there was were four to six notes and they were received around the same time in each case.” Greg hesitated. That isn't good everyone thought. “The first note in the other cases was much like ours it's a warning to the person they're about to kidnap and just like Grissom they choose to either ignore it or most thought it was just a prank and went to their cars to check it out themselves.”
 
“Whoa hold on! In Ginnelle's case her whole family was taken from their house in the middle of the night. Why the change from houses to cars during the day?” asked Warrick cut in.
 
“I'm guessing first time. It was too hard to get more than one vic and then to clean up afterwards. The prep figured to was easier to get the one vic and do it when they're in their cars.” suggested Sara. Everyone nodded.
 
“If all of this is right then this girl is living with her own kidnapper.” Catherine spoke up.
 
“You right Cath.” Nick told her. “But why stay? Why not leave or gives us more so we can find them?”
 
“She can't.” Everyone looked at Sara.
 
“What?' Nick asked.
 
“She can't.” Sara said. “This girl is living with kidnapper. Do you think she can do a lot with out them knowing? If she tries to do anything drastic they are most likely going to find out. When they do she's dead, the person or right now Gil is dead, and they will probably get away to just kidnap again but this time there won't but hints or warnings to help the person.”
 
The team just stared at Sara. She was right. They can only hope that Ginnelle would give them something that will lead them to Grissom and not his body.
 
Grissom was shocked to say the least. She lives here!? he thought. She lives here! How can she live here and with those men too? Do they hurt her if she does something wrong? Do they beat her just like they had beaten him? So many thoughts swam around Grissom's head that he couldn't think clearly.
 
“You live here!?” he screamed at her with out thinking.
 
“Shhh…” she put her index finger to his lips to keep him quite. “You have to be quit or they'll hear you.” Ginnelle told him pointing to the door saying that they're in the other room. Gil nodded his head in understanding and Ginnelle removed her finger from his lips.
 
“Where is here?” he asked. She laughed silently trying not to make her noise present. Those guys were a door away there was no way she was going to make them come here. Grissom watched on confused. Why is she laughing? After awhile Ginnelle had calm down and looked at Gil.
 
“Sorry. It's just funny. You know that we're only four blocks from your crime lab. Those guys always stay close. It's just that they like risking getting caught but as you can see even this close they never have yet.” she told him. Mean while Grissom was staring off into space.
 
What! I'm that close! he thought. “I'm that close? No wonder why everything outside looks familiar.” whispered Grissom. Ginnelle nodded her head. It was a long awkward moment until Ginnelle coughed a couple of time to break it.
 
“Look Mr. Grissom.” Gil looked up at her.
 
“You don't have to call me that, Ginnelle. You can call me Grissom, Griss, or even Gil is fine.” he told her in a friendly manner. Ginnelle nodded.
 
“How long have they been stalking me?” Gil asked Ginnelle. She in return looked at him.
 
“How do you know that they were stalking you?” she asked.
 
“I work at a crime lab.” Grissom said to her in his Grissom all know voice. (You know all know it.)
 
“Well I'm sorry to inform you this but they have been stalking you for quite some time… like four or five mouths.” she told him making the end of her sentence in a whisper but Gil heard her all the same. Ginnelle looked at him when she didn't hear a response. Grissom had a look of disbelief and a slight disappointment with himself for not realizing this before hand. His job was to observe and he couldn't see that these people were following him. That was his work, his life. How could he not have seen it?!
 
“Look Gil, I know that this is a lot to take in but it's really late. I think that you should get some rest.” she told him. Grissom looked out of the window to discover that it was indeed dark outside. Ginnelle got up and opened the door in front of him while Gil was trying to figure out how to lie back down with out too muck pain. That was when Ginnelle came back in with her an ugly heavy dark green blanket.
 
“Here you go. It gets cold in here so I thought I should give you this. I also came to help you lie back down.” She told him with a small smile on her face. Ginnelle walked over to him and placed the blanket next to her.
 
After he was back down on the floor she put the green blanket over him. Ginnelle even put part of the top of the blanket under Grissoms' head for head and neck support. She turned to leave when Gil stopped her at the door way.
 
“Wait Ginnelle.” He called out and she in turn turned around to face him. “I have to know about something before you go.”
 
“Yes?” she asked while walking back towards him.
 
“Why are you here? I mean don't you have any family that meant be worried sick about you?” Gil asked her. She shook her and had this far away look as if she was remembering the past and that she was.
 
“They took us, me and my family. They beaten and raped us, all of us. Then when they were done with us they shot my family, I watch them die.” Ginnelle had unshed tears in her eyes but she refused to let them fall.
 
“Why not you?” he asked. Ginnelle shrugged her shoulders.
 
“I don't know. I guess I can stalk the people they what for some time. Give them information that no one can. I can also get a job to bring the money in when their not stealing it. No one ever expects the kid I was valuable, so why kill me.” he nodded his head in understanding.
 
“Even so you don't have to stay with them you know.” he suggested to her. She shook her head.
 
“So I could be with some stranger who I have no clue about. I don't know about you but I hear things, bad things about children once they're in the system. I have no plans on taking my chances there; I rather take my chances here where I know my limits. I can do more good here then in some orphanage.” she told him.
 
“Helping the people that where kidnapped?” Gil said. Ginnelle nodded.
 
“Also giving notes and clues to the police but they never get them. They're idiots but you're team has found more then anyone so far. If you're lucky you're going to get out of here soon.” Ginnelle told him But not soon enough. She finished her sentence in her head.
 
“One more question. Do they still hurt you in any way?” Gil had to ask. She shook her head.
 
“No they don't. They do hit me if I do something wrong but not often.” She told him and he nodded his head. Then Grissom forced his body to relax and closed his eyes to go to sleep. Ginnelle smiled at him, turned around, and closed the door behind her blocking out the only light that was in the room. Tomorrow will be the hardest on him. She just hoped that he could handle it.
 
That's the end of the second chapter. Now just click the button down there and review. I will need four reviews for this story to be updated.