Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ Family Matters ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One

A van pulled up to a large house and ten people got out. Nine of those people were wearing the same outfit of a red shirt, red pants and a long gold scarf around their neck. The last person was a short gray haired man with a big nose.

“You live in this big house all by yourself?” A bald headed young man asked as he stared at the house.

“No, my granddaughter lives with me and takes care of the house when I’m gone.” The old man explained. “Come inside and I’ll introduce her to you.”

They all walked inside and were amazed to see how homey and spacious the house truly was.

“Faith, honey, I’m home and I brought some company.”

The group saw a young woman in her late teens, early twenties, with brown hair running down the stairs and straight to the old man.

“Grandpa I missed you so much.” Faith said as she hugged him. “So are these the people you’ve been talking about so much in the letters you sent me?”

“I’ve missed you too and yes these are them. Faith I’d like you to meet 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008 and 009. Everyone this is Faith.”

Everyone said their hellos and shook hands.

“Faith why don’t you take them on a tour of the house and show them their rooms.”

“All right if you will all follow me.” She first took them down to the basement where she showed them the Dr.’s lab, then the game room and then the gym.

“You mean to tell me that the doc works out?” 007 asked.

“Not really, the gym is basically for me. Come on let’s go to the main floor and I’ll show you all the rooms there.” Once there she showed them all the basic rooms such as the kitchen, dining room, living room and so on.

“So what’s outside?” 004 asked.

“Um just a basketball court, a swimming pool and a swing set. Well should we go upstairs and see your rooms?” Faith asked.

They nodded and all headed upstairs.

“All right I hope you don’t mind but I picked out your rooms. 001 you’ll be staying here with 003.” The room was quite large with a double bed and a crib for 001. There was even a bathroom connected to the room in fact all the rooms had their own bathroom. The closet had a few outfits hanging in it as well. “I hope you don’t mind but I also got you all some new outfits so you’re not stuck wearing that red outfit.”

“I love it thank you.” 003 smiled as she hugged Faith.

“Okay 009 you’re next door to them then 005 your room is across from his. 008 you’re next to him and 004 you’re next door to Grandpa’s room. 007 your room is across from Grandpa’s, 006 you’re next to him and 002 your room is next to mine. Well I’ll leave you all to settle in if you need me I’ll be in the living room.” Faith then left the group.

“So what do you all think of her?” The doctor asked as he came upstairs to check on the group.

“I think she’s very sweet.” 003 said.

“I like her but there are some things that confuse me.” 009 said.

“Oh like what?”

“Well where are her parents shouldn’t they be here as well?”

The doctor’s face suddenly went from happy to upset in a matter of seconds. “Yes, well, you see her parents died when she was five years old in a car crash and I’ve been raising her since then.”

“Oh how terrible.” 006 sobbed.

“Why don’t you all change into your new outfits and we’ll have dinner.”

“Oh I’ll cook.” 006 exclaimed.

“Not this time, Faith is ordering pizzas for tonight.”

“How did Faith know our sizes for the outfits she got us?” 002 asked.

“In the last letter I sent her not only did I mention you were all staying here but I also told her your measurements.” Dr. Gilmore explained.

“Well we’ll be down in a few minutes.” 005 informed the doctor before they all retreated to their rooms.

“All right, oh 003 in the top drawer of the dresser is some clothes for 001.”

“Thank you doctor.”

A little while later everyone had changed and were all talking downstairs waiting for the pizzas to come.

“So why do you all call each other by numbers and not by your first names?” Faith asked curiously.

“I guess it’s because when we were turned into cyborgs we were given numbers and everyone referred to us by those numbers. We eventually got so used to it that we didn’t think the first names were necessary.” 007 explained.

“I see, so why don’t you get rid of those numbers and start referring to each other by your original names.” She suggested.

“I guess, we just never thought of it. What do you say guys should we do as she suggested?” 004 asked.

“Sure.” 008 shrugged.

“I’m all up for it.” 009 agreed.

“Doctor would you do the honors of telling everyone what 001’s first name is since he’s sleeping and you know what it is.” 004 asked.

“Gladly, 001 is also Ivan,” Gilmore said. “Why don’t you all continue in order,” he suggested.

“All right,” 002 agreed. “The name’s Jet.”

“Francoise.”

“Albert.”

“ Geronimo.”

“Chang.”

“G.B.”

“G. B.?” Faith asked.

“It stands for Great Britain buy my friends call me G.B. for short.” 007 explained.

“Pyunma.”

“Joe.”

When they were done reintroducing and telling everyone a little bit about themselves the doorbell rang.

“That must be the pizza.” Faith said as she got up to get it.

“Mmm, it’s been a long time since I’ve had pizza.” Joe said.

“Well since I didn’t know what everyone liked I got plain.” She said as she put the pizza in the kitchen.

Everyone got up to get a plate leaving the doctor and Faith alone in the living room.

“Sweetheart is something bothering you? You haven’t been yourself lately.” Gilmore said as he looked at his granddaughter worriedly.

“Can I talk to you privately about it because I don’t want to involve the gang in what I’m about to tell you.”

“All right where would you like to go?”

“How about out back.”

“Very well I’ll go let the others know we are going out back so they don’t think we disappeared.” Gilmore said as the two went their separate ways.

“Is something wrong doctor?” Francoise asked.

“Faith and I are going out back to talk about something that seems to be bothering her.”

“Is there anything we can help you with?” Chang asked.

“No, she doesn’t want to involve any of you with this problem of hers.” the doctor explained then turned around and left.

“Wonder what’s bothering Faith?” Joe asked as he and the others headed back to the living room.

“Do you want me to check it out?” G.B. asked.

“No, she doesn’t want to involve us so we shouldn’t spy on her; if she wants us to know she’ll tell us.” Francoise told them.

Dr. Gilmore sat on a swing next to Faith and waited for her to start explaining what was bothering her.

“You remember Sean, the guy I was dating?”

“Yes, I liked him.”

“Yeah, well about six years ago, while you and the gang were fighting Black Ghost, Sean, Kelly, her boyfriend Eric and I were hanging out at the beach one night. Sean and Eric got into a fight and Sean pulled a gun out and killed Eric point blank. Kelly and I both witnessed it and he told us that if we told anyone he would kill us next. Well we couldn’t let him get away with it so we told the cops and he was arrested. We testified against him and after all was said and done the stupid jury only gave him six years and he’s supposed to get out in about a month. Grandpa I’m scared that he’s going to come after me and Kelly and try to kill us.” Faith sobbed.

Dr. Gilmore was quite shocked to hear what his granddaughter went through while he was away. “I promise no one is going to hurt you. Why don’t you invite Kelly to stay here for a while?”

“Really you wouldn’t mind having her live here with us?”

“Of course not you know I consider her my other granddaughter.” He smiled but then turned serious again. “I’m going out of town for a couple of days for a convention so I think you should tell the others as well so they can help protect you while I’m gone.”

Faith looked at him with anger in her eyes. “I will not tell them. I don’t want them involved I told you that.” She then entered the house and went into the kitchen to grab a big bag of chips and a two liter bottle of soda.

“Are you all right Faith?” Albert asked.

“Yeah I’m fine nothing to worry about.” She smiled at the group.

“Faith I mean it I want you to tell them or I will.” Dr. Gilmore said seriously as he too entered the house.

“No and you had better not tell them. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if any of them got killed or hurt.” With that said she went upstairs to her room.

“Oh dear.” Dr. Gilmore sighed.

“What is it that she doesn’t want us to get involved in?” Pyunma asked.

“It has something to do with her past and she’s afraid if you get involved you’ll get killed.” The doctor explained.

“I’ll go up and talk to her if you want.” Jet said as he stood up.

“That would be greatly appreciated oh and 002, I mean Jet, if she’s not in her room then you might want to check the roof.”

Jet nodded and headed upstairs. He knocked on the door but when no reply came he entered the room to see that she was no where insight. He then noticed that the window was open so he figured she was on the roof.

“The doctor said I’d find you up here.” He smiled as he sat down next to her.

“So I take it he told you all what happened.”

“No he just said it had something to do with your past and that you didn’t want to see us get hurt.” He explained.

Faith just smirked. “Well he’s right it does involve my past. See a few years back I was dating this guy and we, him and two friends were hanging out together when my boyfriend shot my best friends boyfriend and killed him. We testified against him and he got six years. He threatened that when he got out he would track us down and kill the both of us and anyone who got in the way. That’s why I don’t want you all to get involved.” She explained again as she fought against the tears that threatened to spill out of her eyes.

“Hey it’s all right. Cry and let it all out.” He said as he hugged her and with that simple action Faith broke down and cried for everything she held in for the past six years.

They stayed like that until she had calmed down.

“Feel better?” He asked.

“Yeah, thanks I needed to do that. I’m sorry for getting your T-shirt all wet.”

“That’s all right what are friends for?” He grinned. “Come on lets go back inside before one of us catches a cold.” They went back into her room where they talked way into the night.

“You know I’ve been watching how you all interact with each other and it looks like a close nit family.” Faith stated.

“Yeah we do consider ourselves a family.” He agreed.

“Yes but I think two of your members have feelings towards each other that are more than just friends or siblings.”

“Oh and who are these two members?”

“Francoise and Joe.”

“You know I’ve noticed that.”

“Why don’t we help them along with starting their relationship.” She suggested with a sly grin spreading across her face.

“What did you have in mind?” He asked returning the grin.

“Well tomorrow I’m going to call Kelly and invite her to stay with us for a while and knowing her she’s going to want to check out the new club that opened up a few weeks ago. Why don’t some of us go there tomorrow night?” Faith asked as she tried to prevent a yawn from escaping but was unsuccessful.

“Sounds like a plan but lets talk about it in the morning. You should get to sleep it’s almost midnight.” Jet tucked her into bed and was about to leave when he felt her grab his hand.

“Would you mind staying till I fell asleep?”

“Sure.” He said as he took the chair by her desk and sat down next to her.

“I’m glad you guys are staying now it won’t be so lonely when Grandpa goes away on business trips.” She mumbled as she fell asleep.