Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ Family Matters ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two

When Jet left to go talk to Faith, Gilmore clued the rest in what was going on.

“I’d like you all to keep an eye on her and Kelly while I’m away. I fear for their safety, oh how I wish I didn’t have to go to this convention.”

“Don’t worry Doctor we won’t let anything happen to them.” Geronimo assured the doctor.

“You should go to bed Doctor you look exhausted.” Joe said as he noticed Gilmore trying desperately to keep his eyes opened.

“I guess you’re right it is getting late, but I think I’ll go check on Faith to make sure she’s all right.” He got up and headed upstairs when he reached his granddaughters room he quietly entered the room and smiled as he saw Jet watching over his granddaughter as she slept.

“She just fell asleep.” Jet stated without looking up from her sleeping form.

“It’s late you should get some sleep.”

“I know, but if you don’t mind I’d like to stay here a little longer.”

“All right.” The doctor smiled seeing how Jet had taken such a liking to his granddaughter; in fact if he didn’t know any better he would think that Jet was forming a little crush on her. “Well then I’ll say goodnight and if I don’t see you tomorrow morning goodbye for I’m leaving to go to a scientists convention early tomorrow.” He then left the room and headed towards his own.

The sun shined brightly through the window onto Jet’s face, causing him to wake up. When he opened his eyes he noticed he was still in Faith’s room in the chair he was sitting on the night before. He also noticed that someone had covered him with a blanket.

He got up and headed downstairs to see that everyone was in the kitchen eating breakfast.

“Morning sleepy head.” Faith greeted.

“Morning, did the doctor leave already?” He asked as he poured himself a bowl of cereal.

“Yeah he left about seven this morning.” Francoise said.

“Oh, hey Faith did you call Kelly yet?” Jet asked.

“Yeah she’ll be here in about an hour.”

“So what’s everyone up to today?” Chang asked.

“Well as I predicted yesterday Kelly wants to go check out the new club that opened up a few weeks ago.” Faith said as she put her plate in the dishwasher.

“What’s Kelly like?” Albert asked curious as to who this girl was that Faith talked about so much.

“She’s funny, sweet and more outgoing than I am. She is like the sister I never had.”

Once they were done eating breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen they all went upstairs to change. They then went out back to enjoy the sunny day.

Pyunma, G.B., Chang, Albert and Geronimo were all in the pool playing water sports; Joe, Francoise and Ivan were all talking while sitting on a bench; and Jet and Faith were playing a one on one basketball game.

Each one was so involved in what they were doing that they never heard the doorbell ring, or the fact that someone had entered the backyard.

“Oh come on is that all you’ve got? I’ve seen old people who can play better than you.” Faith laughed as she scored another two points.

“Lets make this next shot a little more interesting what do you say.”

“What did you have in mind?”

“Well how about whoever makes the next basket gets to throw the other in the pool.” Jet smirked.

“Ooh, I like it. You’re on.” Faith agreed.

She dribbled the ball towards the basket and was about to shoot when Jet stole the ball and flew to the basket where he slammed the ball in it.

“You’ve gotten rusty over the past two years if you let some guy beat you.”

Faith turned around to see who had said that and smiled when she saw who it was.

“Kelly!” She yelled as she ran over to the girl and hugged her.

“Hey chica long time no see.” Kelly laughed as she hugged the shorter girl back. She then saw that Jet was sneaking up behind her friend. “Now if I’m not mistaken you made a bet with that cute guy you were playing with and lost so now it’s time to pay up.”

“What are you talking about?” Faith asked looking up at her friend to see she was pointing to someone. As she went to turn around she screeched as she felt a pair of hands wrap around her waist and pick her up.

“She’s right you know, you lost so that means I get to throw you in the pool.” Jet smirked as he carried her towards the pool.

“No please don’t throw me in the pool.” She pleaded.

All of her screaming caused everyone to look up from what they were doing to see what the problem was. When they saw what was happening they started to laugh.

“I’m warning you if you throw me in the pool I’m going to take you with me.” Faith continued to yell.

Jet continued to walk ignoring all of Faith’s warnings and pleadings.

“Please put me down.”

“All right.” Jet grinned and then dropped her in the pool.

Faith coughed up water when she resurfaced. “You jerk!” She yelled.

“Hey Faith you have to admit it is funny.” Kelly laughed as she came over and helped her friend out of the pool.

Faith grabbed her hand but instead of climbing out of the pool she pulled Kelly in it. “Now that was funny.” Faith laughed as Kelly resurfaced.

“Oh shut up.” Kelly then splashed Faith who splashed her back which then turned out to be an all out water war between the two.

Albert, who was watching from the sidelines, was looking at Kelly amazed at how much she looked like Hilda. In fact if her hair had been brown instead of blond he could have sworn it was she.

“Hey Albert are you all right?” Pyunma asked noticing his friend was lost in deep thought as he stared at Faith’s friend.

“Yeah I’m all right. I’m just amazed at how much that girl over there looks so much like my late wife.”

Pyunma was about to respond but was splashed by someone. He looked to se who had splashed him, but instead he saw the water fight that Faith and Kelly were having had escalated and was now involving everyone. There were some running around squirting people with water guns; there were some who were in the pool splashing all those around them; but what caught his eyes the most was Jet chasing Faith with one of the water guns.

They ran to the side of the house where it seemed that Jet had cornered Faith between the house and the fence.

“I’ve got you cornered now, there’s no where for you to run to now.” He laughed as he prepared to squirt her.

“Jet, honey, you may have me cornered and you may have a water gun but I’ve got the water hose.” She pulled out the hose she was hiding behind her back and began to chase him where everyone was while soaking him.

After hours of soaking each other everyone decided to call it quits and sat out back relaxing.

“You know if I knew this was going to happen I would have brought out more towels.” Faith giggled.

“I’ll go get them just tell me where they are.” Joe offered.

“Thanks. They’re on the third floor in the linen closet which is the first door on our left.”

“Okay. Be back in a jiffy.” With that said Joe used his acceleration speed and was back in two seconds with six towels, since the others that were in the pool before hand had brought out towels for themselves.

“So Faith when are you going to introduce your friends to me?” Kelly asked.