D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Eleventh Night: Crossroads ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello again! Thanks to all of the people who reviewed! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating but schoolwork is killing me and I'm procrastinating horribly to write this. Ugh. Well, I'll try to make this chapter an extra long one to make up for it. Oh, and thanks to everyone who reviewed!
Disclaimer: I own nothing!
Last Chapter:
“You've really gotten weak haven't you? I remember a time when you would have easily beaten me. Too bad, ne? By the way, since you don't remember me, I'm Road Kamelot, of the Noah family.
Eleventh Night: Crossroads
“What is lost can never be returned. The only thing left are ruins.”
-D. Gray-man, Chapter 58, The Destroyer of Time
Kagome woke up with a pounding headache, which was made worse by the sound of someone pounding a hammer against something, and when she tried to move her arms, she found them to be constrained. She attempted to open her eyes and found herself in a room that could only be described as eccentric and creepy. The room was very dimly lit by a series of floating candles that looked like they had come off of a four-year old's birthday cake. There were several creepy portraits of skulls and other things that really shouldn't be mentioned. Kagome suddenly saw the source of the hammering sound. There was an Akuma hammering nails through Allen's arm. Kagome stifled a yell of outrage and tried to stand up, but found that her arms and legs were chained to the chair that she was sitting in. In addition, someone had changed her clothes. She was now wearing a dark burgundy corseted gown with a flowing skirt. The humiliation!
`Ack! Who changed my clothes?! Please tell me it was at least a girl…Though the only girl I saw was that creepy Road, so that isn't much of a consolation. Ugh, I can't move! Damn it! Whose crazy idea was this? I have to get Allen free!'
Kagome strained through at her bonds but to no avail. She was completely shackled. She looked around to see if there was anything she could use to cut through the chains. Instead, she caught sight of Miranda with her hands nailed to the clock and Lenalee sitting in a chair, with no life showing through her eyes. Kagome was seriously pissed now. How dare that person do this! Kagome was about to yell out when she noticed Allen waking up.
“Allen! Wake up!” Kagome tried to get him to wake up faster. Unfortunately, her voice caught the attention of Road Kamelot.
“Ah, has my doll woken up? Hmm, I knew that dark red would look good on you. Then of course, if I recall correctly, you prefer blue don't you?”
“What? How do you know that?” Kagome was starting to really freak out. This person knew way too much for her peace of mind! Road didn't seem to hear her though. She was instead examining her face, especially her eyes.
“Well, it seems you are a bit different from before. Your eyes are a much darker color now. It's very pretty, though I still think you looked better with silver eyes. Your face is still the same. Your hair, though… It used to be so pretty. Now it's just black, so many people have black hair.” Kagome could make no sense of what Road was saying. Her eyes and hair used to be another color? What was this person saying?
“Ah, it looks like your Exorcist friend has woken up.” Kagome looked over to where Allen was. Sure enough, he was now conscious. Kagome winced at his injuries. He couldn't see Kagome as she was partly in the shadows, but he could see Lenalee and Miranda.
“Lenalee!”
“Don't call out to mistress Road's doll so easily!” The Akuma who had been hammering in the nails growled out.
“Hmm, I think I'll go play with him for a while!” Road skipped over to Allen, who seemed confused about what was going on.
“Why are you doing this? What are you? You're not an Akuma.” Allen was feeling very disoriented at the moment.
“I'm a human. What's with that face? Humans can't get along with Akuma? After all, though Akuma kill humans, don't humans kill other humans?”
“That's…”
“Your Exorcists are the apostles of the “false god”. We, the Noah family, are the true apostles.” Allen's eyes widened so much that Kagome could see it from where she was bound.
“The Noah…family?” Suddenly, an extremely odd looking umbrella burst into speech in an indignant voice.
“Road-tama! Don't talk to strangers about us, lero! Earl-tama will be angry! He'll discipline you, lero!”
“The Earl won't do that. Besides, it won't affect the Earl's scenario.” Road didn't seem to care what the umbrella said.
Road seemed to suddenly have an idea. She waved one hand towards the obscure corner where Kagome was and the chair suddenly skidded forward into the light. Allen seemed even more shocked to see Kagome and quite angry too. Road, for no apparent reason, latched on to Allen and whispered something that Kagome couldn't hear. Allen seemed dismayed with whatever she was saying and raised his clawed hand upwards, but stopped before he actually hit her. Kagome winced when the nails tore through Allen's arm.
`Oh dear. Komui's going to have a field day.'
Kagome had to admit even she was rather appalled when Road grabbed the claw and sliced her own face off.
`That person is insane. Note to self: get as far away as possible as soon as possible.'
Without warning, Road turned towards Kagome, laughing maniacally as her face started to heal.
“ I really don't feel anything killing clumsy humans. Even God wants them to die. So I really don't understand why you're on their side, Kagome-chan. Ah well, you betrayed the Earl of the Millenium so it seems I have to kill you. It really is lucky, at least for me, that you've lost all of your powers and memories!” Road suddenly grabbed one of her birthday candles, which had sharpened to a spike, and slashed Kagome across her eyes. She laughed when she heard Kagome cried out in pain.
Kagome felt as if her whole body had been set on fire. Her eyes burned most of all and it felt like the painful sensation was spreading from there. The pain became unbearable and she did what most people do in that situation. She passed out.
Allen yelled out in horror as she watched Road slash Kagome with the candle. All he could think as he watched her writhe in pain and then finally fall limp was, `Not her, please not her!' Before he could react though, Road had turned back and with that same maniacal expression, plunged the candle into Allen's left eye. He screamed as the candle stabbed through his eye and was pulled out before being thrown onto the ground.
Allen felt both furious and helpless. He hadn't been able to help Kagome at all and he hadn't been able to do anything to help Miranda or Lenalee. He rushed at Road with something similar to killing intent but was stopped when the three Akuma from before barred his way. He was thrown back against the wall from their combined attacks. Road pointed a finger at Miranda and the candles flew at her. Allen moved in front of her, knowing that he would be injured devastatingly but all he cared about was not allowing another person to be hurt. He prepared himself for the blows of the candles but they never came. He opened his eye, as the other one wasn't really capable of moving right now, and was perplexed to see all of the candles had been reduced to wax. Allen glanced over at Road and saw that she had a startled expression on her face. Okay, so she hadn't done that. He then looked over at Lenalee. Nope, still comatose. Finally, though he didn't want to see her body lying limp in the chair, he looked at Kagome. She wasn't there anymore. All that was left were puddles of melted metal.
Suddenly a figure jumped down from the ceiling. She jumped down and landed gracefully in front of Allen and Miranda, shielding them from any prospective attacks.
“K-kagome?” Allen had a feeling that it was Kagome, except she didn't look like Kagome at all. This person had long silver hair that reached her knees. She was now wearing a midnight blue gothic-lolita dress. Kagome turned back to Allen and Miranda. Now, they could see that her eyes were now a sliver color, similar to how her eyes look when they are activated to the third level, and the pupils were slitted slightly. She also had silver crosses on her forehead and her skin was still the same milky white it was before, unlike Road, whose skin was a dusky gray.
Allen shivered when he saw that Kagome's eyes were completely empty of all emotion.
“Kagome? What happened? Your eyes…and your hair…Those crosses on your forehead.”
“She can't hear you, you know!” Road said in a voice that can only be described as gleeful. “She's still completely unconscious, though it seems she likes you enough that she would protect you through instinct.” Road sighed. “Duke Millenium will be pretty mad at me for this. He was really quite disappointed when Kagome here defected from his side and went over to the Exorcists. She was after all one of his favorites. So when she turned traitor, he went to the trouble of sealing her away himself. I guess he didn't want to kill her just yet. Damn, he's going to be so pissed that I unsealed her! Well, Exorcist, what are you going to do now, hmm?”
Allen was feeling a lot of conflicting emotions. Kagome was his best friend (and perhaps something more) and he wanted to trust her, but now that it seemed that Kagome had been on the side of the Earl.
`Kagome was on the side of the Earl? Does that mean that she is now my enemy? No, Road said that Kagome had gone to the side of the Exorcists and that was why she had been sealed. So, I will trust her. I don't care if she's not completely human, she's my best friend and we spent those years with Master Cross together. So, I will trust her'
Allen glared up at Road and spat out, “I don't care if Kagome is a Noah. She is my friend and she has stood by and supported me since the day I met her. You said that she had gone to the side of the Exorcists, so she is not my enemy. You are.”
Road rocked back on her heels and whistled. “Well, looks like Kagome has a lover! You must really love her for you to say that. Too bad all of you are going to die!”
Before Allen could protest about the lover part, Road commanded the three Akuma to attack. Kagome jumped into action when the one the Akuma shot a sound wave at her. She put her hands in front of her and created a glowing white barrier. The barrier then curved and formed a ball around the Akuma and kept him trapped there. Unfortunately, since she wasn't really conscious, she didn't notice the Akuma with the blades sneaking up on Allen and Miranda. He sent a whir of blades at them and Kagome turned around just as the blades hit.
Allen watched as Kagome formed the barrier and trapped the Akuma. It seemed as if she was glowing with a heavenly light when she formed the barrier. The light from the barrier reflected on her pale features made it seem as if rainbows had decided to wrap around her. He was so caught up in watching Kagome that he had barely a minute's notice when the Akuma threw the blades at him. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as he forced his injured body to protect Miranda. He felt the blades slice into his flesh and tear at his body. As he fell forward, he grabbed the candles that nailed Miranda's hands to the clock and pulled them out. Allen fell to his knees as Miranda scrambled away now that her hands were free. He vaguely heard Miranda yelling in a panic. He then heard his own tired and pain-laced voice answer that he was alright. He tried to smile and bear the pain; after all, he had felt more pain in his heart when Mana had died. So when Miranda put her arms around him, he was still stubbornly clinging to consciousness.
Suddenly, he felt a burst of power coming from the clock and Miranda. He looked up, despite how much it hurt, and saw that the clock was glowing and spreading a dome around them. He felt his injuries begin to recede even as he watched miniature clock faces fly out of his body. Allen looked over to where Kagome was and saw that the same thing was happening to her. Her silver hair was darkening and turning back to black and her dress melted back into the burgundy one she had been in before. As Kagome changed, Allen felt all of his injuries disappear. He blinked and sat up. Even his clothes had been repaired!
“A-allen, you can move?” Miranda asked him in her timid voice. Allen smiled at her in thanks.
“Allen-kun? What in the world happened?” Allen turned around to see Kagome looking around in surprise. “The last think I remember is Road slashing me across my eyes. But I can see perfectly fine.” Kagome tilted her head to the side in a very cute display of confusion.
Allen sweated a bit. How was he going to tell her that she had actually been on the side of the Earl of the Millenium and that she wasn't human? Oh, he felt a headache coming on. He was saved from answering when Kagome suddenly remembered that they were missing someone.
“Wait, where's Lenalee-chan?” Kagome looked around for her as Allen sighed in relief then slapped his hand to his face when he realized that Lenalee was still sitting out there. He quickly activated his hand and grabbed the chair Lenalee was sitting in and brought her inside the dome.
Kagome watched in fascination as miniature clocks bloomed and Lenalee's eyes showed that she was conscious again.
`Hmm, I wonder if that's what happened to me too. I guess so, since I'm all healed now, but what happened between the time that I fainted and when I woke up? I feel like I'm forgetting something. Then there's the fact that Allen was acting strange when I woke up. Well, I'll have to deal with that later.'
When Lenalee had been more or less filled in on what had happened, the three now fully functional Exorcists went back out to battle Road and her Akuma.
Needless to say, with three Exorcists fighting together, the Akuma were quickly vanquished. Well, all except for the one that Road had ordered to self-destruct. Kagome and Allen watched in horror as the tainted soul was destroyed and sucked into oblivion. Road had only laughed as she watched how Allen argued with Lenalee for stopping him from rushing headlong into the explosion while Kagome glared at her exit from the scene through one of her doors.
The room contracted and became distorted before turning back to Miranda's regular old room. Miranda was not in a good shape since she had been activating her Innocence for so long on the first try.
“Miranda, you need to stop! At this rate, you'll completely exhaust yourself!” Kagome tried to get Miranda to let go.
“But if I do, all of your injuries will return! This is the first time that I haven't been useless… and that I was of use to anyone.” Miranda muttered while shivering.
Allen spoke this time. “But you have helped us so much. Thank you.”
Miranda sobbed when she heard these words and finally stopped her invocation. All of the time rushed back and the Exorcists' injuries returned. Miranda ran out of the room for help, screaming at the top of her lungs.
Kagome, however, had not fallen into the dreamless state of those who were gravely injured. Instead, her head was bombarded with scenes and memories of who she had been.
Wow, I wrote so much, for me anyways! Well, I have to get back to studying, I have a midterm tomorrow…so I really shouldn't be writing this. Sweatdrop Anyways, review, review, review!!!