D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Tenth Night: The Rewinding Town ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! Urm, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been studying like crazy for the biology quarter exam, which I got an 85 out of 100 on! Yay! It was the highest grade in the all of the classes with that teacher (though several other people also got the same grade). She had to scale it, so I got 113%! So happy! Okay, I'll stop blabbering now. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I own nothing!
Last chapter: The Rewinding Town
Kagome fell forwards on her knees as her shoulder throbbed unmercifully. She was puzzled by the way the Akuma had acted. Why was she able to hit him? He should have been able to get away. It was like someone had ordered him to let her destroy him. Kagome shook her head but stopped when her vision blurred again. She attempted to stand up by fell back down again when her legs gave out. The world seemed to swim and then turned dark.
Tenth Night: The Rewinding Town
Kagome was dimly aware of someone sitting next to her and then walking away. She was momentarily disoriented and couldn't seem to figure out where she was or what had happened. She struggled to open eyes that, for some unknown reason, seemed to refuse to move. Kagome finally managed to wake up and looked around. She was surprised to see that she was in a hospital room with stark white walls. She sat up slowly and touched the thick bandage on her shoulder.
`Now I remember what I happened. We were attacked by that Akuma and I destroyed it. But what happened next?' She shook her head and stood up. She was dressed in a set of plain white pajamas. Kagome walked lightly across her room and opened the door. She was about to go out when a voice sounded.
“Ah, Kagome! You've woken up! Sorry, but it's only been three days since you got that wound, you'll need to stay in bed a while longer.”
Kagome turned to see Komui strolling down the hallway in his usual white coat, beret, and slippers.
“I've been sleeping for three days?! Why didn't you wake me up? How's Kanda? He was injured way worse than me.” Kagome really was worried about Kanda. I mean, how in the world does someone survive that much blood loss?!
“Don't worry about him. He's already almost completely healed! I didn't wake you up because you were injured pretty badly and you needed the rest.” Kagome blinked in consternation. How did Kanda heal that quickly? How does any human heal that quickly? She stopped spacing out when Komui began speaking again.
“Now I think that you should go back to bed, your shoulder probably still hurts. After all, you took a pretty bad hit. You shoulder was sliced all the way to the bone!” Kagome blinked again and poked her shoulder.
“Um, it doesn't hurt at all.” Komui frowned at this.
“Hmm, then we should take a look at your shoulder to make sure it hasn't died.” Kagome's eyebrow twitched ever so slightly and she followed Komui back into her room. She was forced to sit in bed until Komui had gotten a doctor to look at her shoulder. He had also dragged Kanda over, how, she had do idea. Everyone watched in silence as the doctor snipped away the bandages. After all of the bandages fell away, the silence continued, this time because of shock. Where there should have been a gaping wound, or at least sutures, there was only smooth flesh. Kagome stared at her should as if it were something foreign and not one of her appendages. Komui was the first one to break the silence.
“Well! At least your shoulder isn't dead!” Komui squeaked slightly as Kagome glared at him.
“And how did you figure that out?” asked Kagome sarcastically. She looked like she wanted to say something else too but was cut off by the doctor.
“This is simply amazing! When you came in, we thought you might not survive the blood loss but you're already healed! I'll need to run some tests to figure out how though. First the blood test, then maybe the-”
“No way.” The doctor was cut off by Kagome's abrupt refusal.
“But surely you want to know why you healed so quickly!”
“I do, but there's no way in hell I'm going to let you guys do weird tests on me. If you want to do tests, do them on Kanda!” Kagome pointed to the almost healthy looking Kanda. The doctor looked over thoughtfully but before he said anything, Kanda gave him one of his famous “shut-up-or-I'll-kill-you” glares. The doctor looked away with a frightened squeak, which sounded very strange coming from his rather ample body.
“Well, as nice as this conversation is, I think we should get going. Please send the bill to this address.” Komui prevented a potential slaughter by dragging Kagome and Kanda out the door and giving the shell shocked doctor a slip of paper.
“Wait Komui! I'm not dressed!” Kagome tried to resist Komui's surprisingly strong grip as he dragged her outside.
“You can get dressed on the way! I'm sending you to a German town where my precious Lenalee is! She hasn't been replying to my calls! What if something happened to her?!” Komui completely abandoned his previously calm demeanor and ran around in circles crying something that sounded like, “my poor Lenalee!” Kagome sweatdropped while Kanda just cheh'ed.
“What about Kanda? What is he going to be doing?”
“Well, I was originally going to send him, but since you've completely healed and he hasn't, I'm sending you! Kanda's going to go back to headquarters and rest.”
Kagome pouted slightly. “That's unfair! I just finished a mission!”
“Allen's there too.” Komui now looked more serious. “We haven't been able to reach either of them and the Finder that was with them couldn't go through the barrier.”
Kagome's eyes widened a fraction. “A barrier? I think you had better tell me everything about this.”
“I'm glad you see it my way. Here's a folder with all of the information and here are your new clothes, since your old ones have been destroyed. Now, you should hurry up and board!” Komui gave her a suitcase with a large cross on it and a folder then lightly pushed her into the train.
Kagome looked back just as the conductor closed the door and saw Komui wave and then walk away with Kanda. She sighed lightly and walked up to one of the train attendants. She tapped him lightly on the shoulder to get his attention, then sweatdropped as he told her she should stay in the second class section of the train.
`Komui, damn you for dragging me out in my pajamas!' Kagome was severely annoyed at Komui right then and glared at the train attendant slightly.
“I am an Exorcist from the Dark Religious Order. Please prepare a compartment.”
The train attendant seemed to be in disbelief and was quite rude in his response.
“Really? Forgive me, but you do not look like one.” Kagome growled lightly under her voice and stalked into the nearest bathroom, which was actually really luxurious. She opened the suitcase Komui had given her and took out the clothes inside. They were a different design from her old uniform. It was still black with silver trimmings but now the top was a zip up vest with no sleeves. The bottom was still a long black skirt that reached her ankles and it still had black shorts underneath. The slit was thigh length and there was a thin black and silver belt to go with the skirt. She also had black boots that reached her knees with a silver zipper on the sides and she wore her customary black choker. There were also black finger-less gloves that went to her upper arm and had crosses at the top. Kagome put all of this on and walked back up to the train attendant. She cleared her throat. He turned back towards her with an annoyed on his face, but seemed to take a step back mentally when he saw her new outfit.
“Now will you prepare the compartment?”
“Y-yes, m-ma'am.” The attendant stuttered and ran to get a compartment. Kagome snickered behind her hand at his expression. It was too funny!
Once Kagome was settled in her compartment, she opened the file. Inside, it told the story of the town that lived the same day over and over. There was the story about the wholesaler who had been hospitalized with neurosis after receiving an order for 10 barrels of rose wine for the 10th every single day. Kagome felt slightly sorry for the poor guy and went on reading. Apparently, it was suspected that Innocence might be at work and so Allen and Lenalee had been sent to investigate a few days ago. They had been able to pass through the barrier surrounding the town but the Finder that was with them could not. So, Komui decided to send her. Oh joy. Kagome sighed. Damn that Komui for being so over protective. Allen and Lenalee were probably perfectly fine. Kagome sighed again. Damn.
The train finally arrived at the station in Germany and Kagome got off, then ordered a carriage to take her to the town. The driver refused to go any farther after they drove into the vicinity of the town. Kagome was vaguely annoyed at his cowardice but what could she do? She paid the driver and walked up to the main gates. The Finder that had been with Allen and Lenalee was camped in front and she walked up to him.
“Is this the town that Allen-kun and Lenalee-chan went into?”
“Yes, Lady Exorcist. They went in a few days ago and never came out.”
Kagome frowned.
“Huh, I'm guessing that there's some sort of mechanism in the barrier that's preventing them from getting out. Let me see if I can do something about the barrier.” She concentrated and put up her hand to the barrier. Nothing happened. She opened her eyes in alarm.
“What the hell?! I can't feel my miko powers anymore!” Kagome was really starting to panic. How could she have lost them? She had never heard of someone losing their spiritual powers so completely and suddenly. She took a deep breath to try to calm down.
`Ok, I seemed to have completely lost my spiritual powers. It's alright, I hardly used them anyway. I need to focus on the task I've been assigned. I can panic after I'm done.'
Kagome turned back to the Finder and said, “Sorry, it seems that I can't do anything about the barrier. I'll just have to go in.”
With that said, Kagome walked through the barrier. It felt like she was just walking through the gates but when she tried to walk back out, she ended up back inside.
“Hmm, so my theory was correct. The barrier lets in Innocence-holders but doesn't let them back out. Now, I need to find Allen-kun and Lenalee-chan.”
She took off into the town and searched high and low. She searched everywhere until she came to a theatre that was advertising its new play. She saw a certain familiar person juggling and wearing a pumpkin on his head.
`…That can't be Allen can it?' Kagome sweatdropped. She waited at the edge of the crowd of children that had gathered there. When Allen walked backstage, she followed him. She smirked rather evilly as she pounced on him, yelling, “Boo!” Kagome giggled as Allen yelped and jumped around.
“Hi Allen-kun!” Kagome cheerfully greeted him. Allen was flabbergasted.
“What in the world are you doing here Kagome? I thought you were on a mission with Kanda.”
“Er, well, I was, but the Innocence had already been destroyed when we got there and we were ambushed by Akuma. So, I was sent here to help you two!” Kagome laughed slightly, hoping that Allen wouldn't ask her how she had healed so quickly. After, she didn't even know! Thankfully, Allen didn't notice and just nodded. Right then, Lenalee came around the corner.
“Lenalee-chan! I've been sent to help you and Allen with this mission!” Kagome smiled, glad to see her friend. Lenalee looked surprised for moment but then smiled back.
“That's good. We need help convincing Miranda that she's not useless.”
“Who's Miranda?” Allen and Lenalee explained to her all that had happened up to then. They had just finished telling here about how the clock sucked back time when they heard the angry shout of the manager. A thief had stolen all of the money made from the ticket sales and now the manager had fired Miranda. Allen and Lenalee took off after the thief while Kagome stayed behind to try to convince the manager to calm down and rehire Miranda.
“Please sir, it wasn't Miranda's fault. If anyone else had been selling tickets, they would have been robbed too. So don't blame it on Miranda!” Kagome was rapidly getting annoyed with the manager. Kagome huffed in frustration. Why was he being such an ass?
“Well, that doesn't change the fact that she lost the money. I refuse to rehire someone so useless. Now you however, I would hire. You seem like a girl who would be good for the business.” Kagome looked in disgust at the manager and stalked back to the place where she had left Miranda.
“I'm sorry Miranda, I couldn't get him to rehire you. I guess we'll have to-” Kagome cut herself off when she saw that Miranda was not alone. A young girl with spiky hair was standing in front of her and Kagome did not like the look in her eyes.
“Hey, what are you doing to Miranda?” The girl looked up and Kagome's voice and her eyes seemed to widen in surprise.
“Well well, I certainly didn't expect to see you here, Kagome-chan.”
“How do you know my name? I've never seen you in my life!” The little girl giggled in a creepy way.
“It seems that Tyki was right. You really don't remember. This just makes it more fun!” Kagome narrowed her eyes and was about to retort when something hit her in the back of the neck and she saw stars. She activated her eyes to the second level and her Innocence turned into white gloves and boots.
She stood up and sped toward the girl that had somehow gotten behind her. She raised her right fist up and punched at the girl. Kagome's eyes widened in surprise when the girl opened up her umbrella and trapped her fist in it. Suddenly, Kagome felt a searing pain in her back and she fell forward, mostly unconscious, at the girl's feet.
“You've really gotten weak haven't you? I remember a time when you would have easily beaten me. Too bad, ne? By the way, since you don't remember me, I'm Road Kamelot, of the Noah family.
Kagome heard Road's words through a thick fog and fell completely unconscious.
Meanwhile, Allen and Lenalee were doing badly against the three Akuma.
`What is going on? They're coordinating their attacks. They're fighting completely differently from before. It's as if someone is directing them.” Allen was really getting worried. They couldn't take much more of this.
“Heh, heh. We've got that woman you've been trying to protect and that girl that was with her.”
Allen felt a pang of worry in his heart. They couldn't have gotten Kagome? Suddenly, searing heat scorched across his body as the Akuma's attack hit him full on. His last thought before passing out was, `Damn it, I couldn't help her.' Which her he was referring to, even he didn't know.
I think this is probably the longest chapter I've ever written. Anyways, once again, sorry for the long wait. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please leave a review before clicking “back” or closing this window!