D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Ninth Night: Confusion ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello again! Yay, another update! I'm exhausted right now from all of the schoolwork. Then again, I probably have less than a lot of the upperclassmen so I shouldn't be complaining. :) By the way, I've put up summaries of the stories I'm planning to do up on my profile so please take a look at that! I might not be able to write them for a while since I have a huge biology test, that pretty much everyone fails, so I have to study! Anyways, once again I would like to thank all of the reviewers and especially Kurama'sFoxyMiko, who gave me a lot of ideas for this chapter! Thank you all and please continue reviewing!
Last Chapter:
`How interesting. A female Exorcist, I don't think I've ever seen one before now. I wonder what it would take to break her.' One hand lifted up to cover a face that was now horrendously stretched into an inhumanly large grin and eyes that were not completely sane.
Kagome sighed in pleasure as she sank into the warm water. It turned out that there were survivors. They had just moved to the other side of town, which was still intact. Apparently the Akuma had only been attacking the southern part of the town.
`Well, at least it gives us a clue about where the Innocence might be. If they continuously attack that part of the town, that must mean that there is something there. But it's really lucky that the inn was on the northern side of town. Otherwise, we probably would have had to camp out. Not that that really bothers me after so many years with Master, but still, it's nice to be able to have a hot bath. Though the sleeping arrangements aren't the greatest. It's not that the beds aren't comfortable, it's whom I have to share the room with!'
When Kagome and Kanda had checked into the inn, they had found that it was packed and there was only one room left. Needless to say, neither Exorcist was happy with that. At least there were double beds and they didn't have to share a bed. Kagome shuddered slightly, though it wasn't really with fright. Kagome shook her head and sank under the water to wash her hair. Meanwhile, Kanda, who was sitting on one of the beds outside, wasn't having exactly…pure thoughts.
Kanda did not want to go on this mission, especially not with a girl. Especially not with a girl that, however much he tried to deny it, attracted him like a moth to a candle flame. He had tried to put aside these thoughts, but the sounds of splashing coming from the bathroom were not helping! Let's just say that most of the thoughts passing through his head are M rated, which is why he was trying so hard to block out his perverted imagination. Needless to say, he failed horribly. So when the door opened and out came Kagome wearing a skimpy tank top and shorts, Kanda had to hurriedly throw on his Exorcist's coat to hide his… problem.
“Um, Kanda, the bathroom's open now.” Kuso, he thought, she definitely has no idea how appealing she looks right now. Kagome, instead of wearing her usual nightgown, had exchanged it for a light blue tank top sprinkled with crescent moons and black athletic shorts that only reached mid-thigh. Add to that her damp hair and skin and a towel thrown carelessly about her shoulders and you get a Kagome that looked absolutely pounce-able. It said something about Kanda's strength of will that he didn't jump her right then. Instead he stiffly brushed past her with his usual cross appearance and walked into the bathroom. Where he promptly had a nosebleed. As he stood in the shower, taking an ice cold shower, he wondered what the hell was happening.
`Damn it! I shouldn't be having these thoughts! What is going on?'
`Yet you're having them anyway.'
`Not you again!'
`Well, I am you so of course I would appear again.'
`Well, why haven't you ever bothered me before?'
`You've never really been conflicted with yourself. Before you had a single track mind.'
`I resent that.'
`Like I care, it's not like you can kill me, since that would require you to kill yourself. Then of course, you might since you're a machochist.'
`…'
Kanda glared at the poor showerhead and blocked out that annoying voice that persisted in saying things that he did not want to think about. He sighed and got out of the shower and dressed. When he went back into the room, Kagome was fast asleep on her bed. The blankets only covered the lower half of her body so her bust was quite visible and since she was sleeping on her side, her arms accented her ample bosom. Kanda quickly turned away and walked over to his bed, once again promising himself that he wouldn't think dirty thoughts, and once again, it did not work in the slightest.
Later That Night
Kagome woke up suddenly and activated her eyes to the second level. As she had suspected, Akuma were moving in on the small in. She drew in a deep breath and swiftly walked to the other side of the room, where Kanda was sleeping. She shook his shoulder while whispering urgently, “Kanda, there are Akuma! Wake up!” Kagome was surprised when her arm was caught in a strong grip and she was pulled down into the bed with Kanda. Kagome panicked and, still whispering, said, “Hentai!” and slapped him. Kanda finally woke up and glared at her.
“Oi, why did you slap me?!”
“Well, you were the one who pulled me down! Now get up, there are Akuma!”
Kanda hurriedly sat up and pulled on his exorcist's coat over his bandaged chest while Kagome pulled on her Exorcist's blouse and skirt. Kanda tried to focus on the mission and not on the fact that Kagome was dressing, even if it was only pulling on clothes over her sleeping attire.
The two silently crept outside. The Akuma were mostly Level Ones, though there seemed to be a Level Two in there too. Kanda and Kagome ran out and activated their Innocence. Kanda jumped and sliced through two Level One's quickly and used the head of another one as a boost. Meanwhile, Kagome kicked the air and sent out a burst of flame, destroying three Akuma at the same time. She was just about to punch another one when suddenly she was grabbed and thrown through a building. She groaned and gingerly stood up. Unfortunately, she grabbed again and pushed against the now ruined building. She opened her eyes, and saw nothing. She couldn't see the Akuma at all!
`Oh shit, how am I supposed to kill something I can't see? This must be a Level Two with the ability to camouflage itself. I can feel it but I can't see it, not even its soul! How is that possible?!'
Kagome didn't have time to think another thought before a large invisible claw slashed open her shoulder. She screamed in pain as blood gushed out of her shoulder. The Akuma chuckled insanely and said, in a high pitched male voice, “The Earl is quite angry with you, little Exorcist. You and your master have gotten on his bad side and now you're going to die. You really shouldn't have betrayed him!”
Kagome was in a lot of pain and her vision was starting to blur.
“What do you mean I betrayed him? I was never on his side!” She managed to grind out through gritted teeth.
“Oh, so you haven't realized it yet? How fun! I'll just let you watch your companion over there die and then I'll kill you!” The Akuma laughed again and dropped her to the ground.
Kanda was annoyed, severely annoyed. He had destroyed all of the Level One's but now Kagome was no where in sight.
`Damn that girl! She better not have gotten killed!' He was about to go look for her when suddenly pain burst out in his back. He staggered forward and looked back, seeing nothing. Suddenly a voice that seemed to come from nowhere sounded.
“Hehe, how easy you humans are hurt! I'm going to have lots of fun killing you, just like that girl!” Kanda's blood boiled and he charged towards where the voice had sounded and struck nothing. Instead he was clawed again, though he managed to dodge part of it.
Kagome watched in agony as Kanda fought the invisible Akuma. Her shoulder had been slashed to the bone and she was still losing blood.
`No, I won't let it end like this! I made a promise to always go on. I won't break it!' Kagome staggered to her feet, using the wall as support. She activated her Innocence and jumped in, albeit a bit weakly. Kanda had finally been worn out by his, by now, numerous injuries. Kagome wondered vaguely why neither of them had died yet from blood loss. Her shoulder was pouring out enough blood to kill a tiger, yet she was still on her feet. Kanda had so many injuries that she couldn't count them all and though he had passed out, he was still alive. But by now, Kagome didn't care about why they were still alive, she felt only fury at the Akuma for attacking a friend and comrade. As she stood in front of the unconscious Kanda, her fury only grew. Unknown to her, her Innocence began glowing even brighter and her hair was blown upwards by an unseen force.
“I won't let you harm a friend of mine!” Kagome jumped up and was about to punch in the general vicinity of the Akuma (who was still invisible) but suddenly her right glove slid off and morphed into a slender broadsword with runes down the blade, which glowed a sharp silver. The pommel had a star sapphire and was bound with gold thread. She looked at it in shock and wonder.
`What the hell? Why did it turn into a sword? Well, I guess it is helpful but there's just one problem! I have no idea how to use it!' Kagome charged at the Akuma and to her great surprise, the sword seemed to be able to more or less hone in on the Level Two. The sword pulsed and as Kagome brought it down on the Akuma, the runes shone with a gold light. She stopped in surprise. The Akuma flickered into view. Apparently the blow had been enough to disable his special ability. Kagome let out a battle cry and dodged the blow the Akuma sent her way. She flipped to the right and sliced open it's throat, sending out a gush of blood.
Kagome fell forwards on her knees as her shoulder throbbed unmercifully. She was puzzled by the way the Akuma had acted. Why was she able to hit him? He should have been able to get away. It was like someone had ordered him to let her destroy him. Kagome shook her head but stopped when her vision blurred again. She attempted to stand up by fell back down again when her legs gave out. The world seemed to swim and then turned dark.
Well, I tried to make this one a bit longer. How was it? And I have to remind you that I suck at battle scenes so if that one was horrible, well you know the reason. By the way, the reason that Kagome isn't wearing the nightgown is because she wouldn't be able to fight in it. Anyways, once again, I'm sorry if Kanda was slightly OOC but then we never know what he's thinking so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Please review!