D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ 'Till Halloween ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I’m skipping ahead quite a bit because I’m so far behind…But I’ll make up for it in side stories once this is complete! I promise!

Angsty chapter!

‘Till Halloween by Yaoi Girl

17 October, 2007

Allen had every rite to be suspicious. He had every rite to be angry. But Lavi couldn’t understand why his lover had changed so much over the course of his summer break, though his guilty conscience should have explained at least that much to him.

And to make matters worse, he had even gone so far as to leave Allen alone while they spent the weekend at the lake, though only for a few hours.

Needless to say, the silver haired teen was furious when Lavi returned with rumpled clothes that smelled of another man. Though he couldn’t decide on crying his eyes out and demanding to go home or to go off on Lavi and demand some answers.

He decided on the former as he tossed another rock into the still water of the desolate lake, though he forced the tears back.

“But why, Allen? I thought you were having fun?” Lavi inquired as he tried to wrap an arm around the younger one’s waist.

“I was having fun. But obviously you aren’t if you leave,” he sniffed as he jerked away from the red head’s touch. “It was supposed to be only us all weekend.”

“I had something important to take care of back in town,” he said as he again attempted to touch Allen, who again flinched away from him. “What has been up with you?!”

“I don’t feel like talking about it,” he said curtly as he began to walk away from Lavi. “Maybe once you feel like sharing what you’ve had to take care of these past few weeks that is more important than our plans to be together, maybe then I’ll talk.”

Lavi grimaced as held the outstretched arm to his chest as though he had been physically hurt. He knew. Allen had just never really let on until now.

Okay, so Lavi, despite his hatred of cheaters and players, wasn’t the most loyal of boyfriends himself. But that was all his ex’s fault! He just had to waltz right back into his life, claiming that his feelings had grown and that he wanted another chance. Needless to say, Lavi fell for his words. It didn’t help any that his feelings for the man hadn’t changed much over the years.

He had tried his hardest over the past couple weeks to hide any evidence from Allen that he had been seeing another man, but it seemed Allen had been too smart for that. And he only frowned as he looked down in distaste at his clothing.

‘I don’t know what to do anymore,’ Lavi mentally sighed as he plopped down onto the beach of the lake, idly raking his fingers through the sand. ‘I really like and care for Allen, but I haven’t fallen out of love with Tyki.’

And that was true. In the beginning of their relationship, Tyki had treated him great. Well, if you call spoiling Lavi with attention and gifts, then yeah, he had been treated great.

‘I don’t want to be doing this to Allen; I know I’m breaking his heart. But I don’t want to waste this chance that I have with being with Tyki again either.’

As he tossed a pebble out onto the water, he happened to glimpse Allen walking along the bank, a bag of bread in his hand as he tossed some torn pieces out to the ducks.

‘Maybe it’s because I don’t want the responsibilities of being the dominant one in the relationship. And Allen never really seems like he wants to take charge; he just wants to stand back and observe.’

He didn’t know what to do. If he broke it off with Allen, he was sure he’d never see or speak to him again, or at least not for a very long time, plus the additional threat of Mana that he had promised months ago on Allen’s birthday. But he felt that he could never be as whole if he left Tyki to be with Allen.

‘Maybe I could get him to like one of my friends,’ he mused ruefully as he leaned his weight back on his arms. ‘But who?’

“You ready to go yet?” Allen huffed impatiently as he had walked the entire lake and now stood next to Lavi.

“Sit down,” the red head requested as he reached up for Allen’s hand, pulling him down despite the teen’s protesting. “I know you already know that I’ve been seeing another guy.”

Allen began to shift his weight in order to stand but was stopped as Lavi forced him back down by the shoulder.

“I know I’ve been hurting you. And I know that saying I’m sorry won’t help mend that pain.”

“Then why didn’t you just break up with me before hand?”

Lavi sighed. “When Tyki and I started hanging out again, it was just to get reacquainted. We hadn’t intended for it to turn back into a relationship. But now that I look back, I’m the only one who wanted it to stay friendship.”

“You still had the chance.”

“And you’ve had all this time to break up with me if you knew!”

“I wasn’t just going to give up on you! You know damn well that I love you, Lavi!” the teen sobbed as he looked brokenly to Lavi. “I asked you every time you came home where you had been, who you’d been with, but you always blew me off.”

“It’s not like you need to know everything about my life!” Lavi protested. “I was telling the truth some nights. I would be over at a friend’s house studying or taking a make-up test or something in the evening.”

“Well, sorry for caring then. It’s not like I had ever asked in a demanding way. I was just curious to know what you had done that had you come home smiling. I wanted to know how to make you smile like that.”

“Allen…”

“But I’ve given up on that because only he can make you smile that way. When we get home, I’ll take all my stuff back home so that way he can make you smile every single day and I won’t be there to get into anyone’s way,” he replied as if he didn’t care, standing and dusting himself off before walking to the rented vehicle.

“You know, if you truly loved me, you’d want me to be happy, not try to break me down like this.”

“I just told you that I wanted you to be happy; that’s why I’m leaving. And I’m not trying to break you; I’m just stating facts. So if anything, you’re breaking yourself.”

Lavi stopped dead in his tracks as the words sank in, terrified of the truth that just bit him in the ass.

“Let’s go!” Allen demanded as he tried vehemently to open the locked car door several times over.Silence filled the air thickly, clinging to them as they climbed into the car before taking the two hour drive home. The only time either of them spoke was to indicate that they had to go to the bathroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 “Allen, do you really have to be this rash?” Lavi asked in a vain attempt to calm the teen once they reached the apartment complex and they entered Lavi’s home.

The silver haired teen simply glared at him, making some noise of irritation in the back of his throat before he headed to Lavi’s bedroom to begin gathering his few belongings.

“How am I being rash? Do you think I’m some sort of toy?!” Allen demanded as he entered the room with the red head not far behind. “Am I back up for when Tyki breaks you again?!”

It really was harsh reality. But it had been so long now that Lavi wouldn’t be able to sleep without Allen by his side. He wouldn’t be able to fully function without him, period.

“I never said you were a toy!”

“You treated me like one. I’m at my limit, Lavi. Nothing you say or do will keep me here any longer.”

“What about Miya then?” he offered in hopes of negotiation.

“I’ll take her to the shelter,” he shrugged as though she meant nothing. It was far from the truth, but he was too far gone to care.

After gathering his things and tossing them into his blanket, he tied all four corners and hoisted it over his shoulder, storming past Lavi and launching an arm into his chest as he released the spare key to the shocked young man.

“I’ll come get her tomorrow,” he murmured as he walked down the living room and out the front door.

It hurt, to say the least as Lavi closed his door with a heavy heart.

He had until tomorrow to choose. Allen or Tyki.

Tyki had everything he ever wanted: looks, personality, money, great in bed. But because he had money he had power, and power corrupts one’s mind after so long. That’s how Lavi got used last time he was with Tyki. And of course he was afraid it was going to happen again.

Allen, on the other hand, was something altogether different from what he’d ever envisioned as his perfect partner. Cute, sweet, a smart ass when the occasion called for it, knew what he wanted and worked to get it. Lavi never asked things of Allen like he did with Tyki. And he was just fine without those things when he was with Allen. Because he had Allen.

The more Lavi thought, the more he realized his mistake. He and Tyki had started seeing each other after one of his parties and their relationship was based mostly off sex and keeping Lavi out of trouble by spoiling him while he did whatever it was he did for work.

He and Allen had actually gotten to know one another. He knew when Allen’s birthday was, what his favorite color was, who his first crush was, and a lot of other trivial things that Lavi was glad to know about. And just the same, Allen knew just as much, if not more about himself. He didn’t know a thing about Tyki.

Lavi buried his head in his hands as he sat on his couch, ignoring Miya as she pleadingly rubbed against his ankles for attention.

“Why don’t I ever think before I act?” he mused, as though asking the cat through muffled hands.

Allen had since returned to his room after a somewhat relaxing hot bath, huddled under the layers of blankets as he cried brokenly. He had done nothing to deserve such treatment, nothing.

‘This is exactly why I didn’t want to fall in love,’ he thought as he blew his chilled nose.

He had stood by Lavi’s side, announcing to his father that he was with another man on his birthday, allowed Lavi to take his innocence, had stayed with him without pressing the issue of whether or not he was being cheated on during most of the summer.

The silver haired teen mentally abused himself all night, depression having fully kicked in as he finally blamed everything on himself.

‘He didn’t want a young brat like me. He wanted a real man. He wanted someone with experience to make him happy, to please and pleasure him. Not me who had never even kissed someone,’ he continued bashing himself until he heard a rather distinct knock on his bedroom wall, followed by another and another. And then Lavi moaning wantonly as the knocking continued.

Allen never made him moan like that. But then again, Allen had always been on the receiving end.

For about twenty minutes or so, too cold and drained to climb out of bed to go elsewhere, the headboard continued to knock against his wall as Lavi’s moans grew in pitch. And all he could do was listen…

“As long as he’s happy,” he muttered bitterly as he pulled the huddle of blankets over his head completely as he curled up into a ball, tears flowing down his cheeks once again, shuddering as he heard Lavi scream out his climax. He wasn’t the one that made him come like that…

When Lavi woke up the next morning, he didn’t feel right looking down at the curly black hair and tanned skinned man next to him still sound asleep. He didn’t feel right thinking about running a hand through his hair. Didn’t feel right thinking about kissing him or waking him up.

Tiredly, he gently climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom. He couldn’t even look at his own reflection without feeling guilty.

Last night, he had made up his mind to make up with Allen. Last night, Tyki showed up uninvited and he had no problems in getting into bed with him.

‘That was the last time,’ Lavi thought determinedly as he splashed water on his face. ‘The only person that I want in that bed beside me is Allen.’

“Why do you look so sad?” came a purring voice from behind him, a smirking face appearing in the mirror beside his own reflection, drawing him from his reverie. Tyki then wove his arms around Lavi’s waist as he nuzzled his ear before beginning to slowly kiss down the column of his neck.

“Do you really love me?”

Tyki stopped in his actions and looked into the mirror at bewildered emerald eyes.

The delayed response caused Lavi to back out of his embrace, turning to face him. “Why did I ever believe you?” he laughed bitterly as he headed out of the bathroom, grabbing for a clean shirt and pants and pulling them on as Tyki again tried to molest him.

All the while Tyki tried to make advances on him, Lavi dipped away from him, heading down the hall.

‘How can I get him out of here? It’s so awkward,’ he thought, barely hearing the light tapping coming from his front door.

As he opened it, he stepped back in slight surprise as Allen simply stood there, staring to the ground with an upset expression and tear stained eyes and cheeks.

“I’m here for the cat,” he muttered, his dull eyes widening considerably as Lavi grabbed him by the arm and yanked him inside, quickly closing the door before he was crushed against the red head’s chest.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered into Allen’s hair as he held onto the teen for dear life, tears stinging his eyes.

“You think that’s going to change anything now?” Allen replied darkly as he tried his hardest to get away, but Lavi’s unyielding embrace gave him no leeway. “Especially after what I heard last night?!”

“I’ve had a lot of time to think after that,” he replied as he backed away just enough to look Allen square in the eyes. “And I hope that I can prove to you that I’ve at least changed my perspective on lovers.”

Allen simply closed his eyes tightly, even when Lavi’s chest tightened before he spoke rather loudly, “Hey, Tyki. You know when my birthday is, right?”

‘He’s here?!’ the teen thought frantically as he again tried to struggle away from the red head.

“No, I don’t actually.”

“And we’ve known each other for how long?”

“Three years. Why?”

“Just trying to prove something,” he smiled to Allen as the tanned man joined them in the living room clad in only his jeans. Tyki was shocked, to say the least, to see Lavi holding onto a person he didn’t know.

“When’s my birthday, Allen?”

“October 31st,” he mumbled as he again looked away.

“Tyki, what’s my favorite color?”

“Green.”

“Allen?”

“Lig ht blue.”

“What are you trying to prove?” Tyki asked, his anger growing.

“That you don’t know a damned thing about me other than how my body reacts to your touch,” he said as he finally released Allen, turning to face the annoyed man head on.

“So you’re saying that you’re choosing this runt over me?” he asked arrogantly as he stretched his arms out, showing off his body.

“That’s right. I’d much rather be with someone that knows me and likes me for who and what I am rather than someone who just wants a decent lay,” he spat.

“And what if I still don’t forgive you?” Allen shot back as he now held Miya in his arms, turning to leave. “You dug your hole, now lay in it.”

Talk about the biggest of all backfires.

“Fine! Then both of you leave!” he shouted as he clenched his eyes and fists shut tight.

“Gladly,” Allen said as he turned the door handle, Tyki right behind him moments later now fully clothed.

“You’ll come crawling back eventually,” he cooed. “You always do.”

As his door shut, he slammed his fist into the closest wall, drywall scattering everywhere and a few pictures falling to smash as well near his feet. But he didn’t care.

Tyki quickly caught up to Allen as they were both heading down the stairs of the apartment complex, much to Allen’s dismay.

“You know,” the black haired man started, smiling to himself. “He felt that way about me once.”

“So?”

Tyki then laughed. “He’s so in love with you that he’s blind. He wanted me because he was familiar with me. He doesn’t take kindly to new, unfamiliar things. You just need to break him of that.”

“I don’t want anything more to do with him.”

“Is that right now?” he hummed as he studied Allen.

“I bet it doesn’t changes things much, but when we were making love, he called out your name. Several times in fact,” he nodded as he stepped in front of Allen, turning quickly to face him.

“I. Don’t. Care,” Allen hissed, enunciating each word. But the truth was he did care.

As if sensing that her master was lying, he began to claw blindly at him, trying to escape. And finally, as her claws meshed with his cheek, he released her, watching in awe as she scurried back up the steps.

“Don’t walk out on him like I did. It was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made,” Tyki grinned as he turned, heading off to the parking garage around the corner.

With a sigh, Allen trudged back up the steps, shocked to find Miya in Lavi’s arms as he stood just inside his door.

“You alright?” the red head inquired as he reached out to wipe away the blood trickling ever so slowly down his cheek.

This time, Allen didn’t flinch away, but he did avert his gaze. “I’ll be fine.”

“Alright then,” he sighed as he drew his hand back to Miya, gently cradling her as he stepped closer to Allen, gently pressing her against his chest. “Here.”

Allen took her and instantly, though gently, set her down on the floor before kicking the door shut, frowning as he took in the hole in the wall and the shattered glass all over the place.

“Allen?”

“What?” he asked softly, tiredly as he lazily looked up to Lavi. He couldn’t believe he was still standing here willingly.

“Do you love me?”

Thin silver eyebrows furrowed as he studied Lavi. “Of course I do, idiot.”

“Aren’t you going to ask me?” he asked hesitantly as his eyes danced nervously with Allen’s.

The teen sighed heavily. “Fine. Even though I know you don’t, do you love…mmph!”

Before he could even finish, Lavi had him pinned by his shoulders so his back was against the front door with a thigh wedged between both of Allen’s, kissing him with no abandonment. But it was short lived.

“I never forgave you,” Allen mumbled as he wiped his mouth, glaring darkly at Lavi. “You just told me to ask you, and you didn’t even answer me straightforward!”

Lavi released him, backing away. “Fine.”

“I’ll give you ‘till Halloween to regain my trust.”

Lavi simply stared at him before nodding.

“Maybe then I’ll forgive you.”

“What about her?”

“That all depends on how things work. So she’ll stay here for now,” he shrugged.

“But you don’t have any way of feeding her anymore,” Lavi reminded him.

“Then you’ll have to do it,” he stated matter-of-factly before stumbling back into the door as the red head’s arms shot out towards him. However, instead of being hit like he was expecting, Lavi simply opened his hand and let the spare key dangle on its string before the teen’s face.

“I have study groups the next couple of nights, so you’ll have to look after her in the evening,” he said as he released the key into Allen’s hands before turning and heading down the hall.

“So no more Tyki, right?” he asked, unsure.

“Never again,” he barely heard before the bathroom door shut.

‘What to do now?’ Allen mused as he stared at the key in his palm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 :ducks and covers: Okay, so I wanted to do more with Tyki, but I don’t know how to portray him that well…Besides, this is a Lavi/Allen fic!

Feedback and reviews always worshiped! Along with handfuls of candy!