D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painting Happiness ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: hey all. Yes this is another story. No I'm not gonna stop writing Sweet Dreams. I'm re-writing it rite now cuz…well…if u read it u can actually SEE my writing-ness get better. So, I figure since the first few chappies are like…bLaH!!! Imma redo dat.
 
Soku: So whats the point of this story then?
 
Me: dunno. Im bored and I've had this idea on my mind for a while now so…here it is. ALSO!!! For the few ppl that r gonna read this story listen up! This is gonna be a one-shot unless u can convince me otherwise. Cuz yes, I can type it so it can be a continuance story.
 
Soku: really? O.o
 
Me: yep! ^-^ well I've talked enough time to write!
 
Inu: FINALLY!!!!
 
Me: o.o wtf???
 
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
Kagome sighed and looked down at her feet. Inuyasha had put her down after running off to see Kikyo again. Her wavy hair fell into her face as she watched her moving feet. She had snuck out after everyone had fallen asleep. Walking into a clearing she slumped against a sturdy tree and collapsed. Three years. It had been three years since she had fallen into the well. Three years since she had met Inuyasha. Three years since she had really been…happy. She sighed again. A thought raced through and her brow furrowed. How long he's it been since shes painted? How long since shes done…ANY art at all? She couldn't remember. It was way before she had come to the Feudal Era she was sure of that. She quickly got in a meditative stance and focused all her energy into her time. Smiling, she remembered who taught this to her.
 
 
*Flashback*
 
 
“Ok you ready Kagome?” A dark haired man said looking at a younger girl. The said girl nodded and closed her eyes tightly, trying to concentrate. An object seemingly appeared in front of her before flickering and half disappeared, leaving the other half to fall to the ground uselessly. The man sighed.
 
 
“No, no, no. You're trying to hard Kags. Just let the energy flow through you. Just clear your mind and let the object come to you.,” he said caringly. A blush rose on her cheeks when she saw what she had done. He laughed, his carefree voice filling the room. Her blushed darkened.
 
 
“Shut uuuuuuuuuuup!!! I'm doing the best that I can. Not everyone can be as perfect as you ya know.” She stuck her tongue out to help her out but he only laughed harder.
 
 
“I know it's a curse. But are you ready to try again?” she sighed and nodded, wanting to get this over with. Closing her eyes, she imagined a rusted blade this time. The object she imagined began to flicker and form before her being, before a small blue light emitted from it and it solidified fully. Kagome opened her eyes a breathed harshly, trying to get as much air as possible into her body after using that much energy. The man grabbed the blade and held it in front of her, to show her work. She gasped and jumped for joy hugging the man tightly.
 
 
“I did it! Yaw sees! I really did it!!!” she laughed happily. The man twirled her and laughed with her.
 
 
“You sure did. Looking at the length and passion put into the blade, it looks to be from…at least 300 years ago! Wow, you went that far back on your first time?” He asked shocked. She giggled at his tone and nodded.
 
 
“We're studying that time era in school. So…I just picked something from there.” The two friends looked at each other before laughing aloud.
 
 
*End Flashback*
 
 
Smiling again, she used her mind to grab a hold of the things she needed. Slowly, the items started to form in front of her. A few brushes, tubes of paint, a piece of wood to mix them on and a canvas began to show. The items flickered a few more times before setting themselves on the ground, fully materialized. She shook her head to rid herself of the slight pain of not using her powers in such a long while. Standing up, she poured a little bit of paint from each tube onto the piece of wood and began to paint.
 
 
She let her feelings guide the brush as she lost herself in the art. Tears fell down her cheeks like endless rivers of sorrow as she remembered all the times Inuyasha left her to pursue Kikyo. Didn't he understand that, that wasn't the same girl from long ago? But merely a shell? A small hiccup escaped her as she drew the face of the woman in the picture. Blues, grays, and blacks covered the background of the picture showing the torment in her soul. Smiling sadly, she put down the brush as she finished her masterpiece. Looking up at the sky she gasped at how much time had past. It was only an hour or two before sunrise.
 
 
A small thud and the soft sounds of footprints along with a familiar aura greeted her and she panicked. She couldn't let him see her work! Not after all the feelings he put into it. She took a sheet that she had materialized in case of an emergency and threw it over her painting just as her walked up.
 
 
“Hey Kags. Whatcha drawin'?” The man asked her. She spun around and gasped at the closeness. When did he get so close? She unconsciously moved backwards, tugging the sheet downwards to cover the picture more. He raised an eyebrow at her.
 
 
“Nothing. I was just painting. Why are you here?” she bit back. Covering her mouth, she looked down ashamed. `I cant believe I'm so bitter towards him. Am I really afraid of him seeing my painting that much?' Kagome thought. The mans eyes darkened a little at her protective attitude. Lifting her chin with his finger, he gasped at all the pain and torment in her eyes. Without a second thought he pulled the girl into his arms and held her why she cried. Kagome's shoulders shook with pain that no woman should ever feel. The sheet, getting caught in the movement, slowly fell off the canvas, exposing the beautiful piece to all the world. Kagome felt him stiffen and stopped crying to look at her finished art.
 
 
The painting was simply indescribably beautiful. A woman covered in dirt, kneeling on the ground, one bleeding hand covering an eye while the other clutched the area where her heart was supposed to be. The swirling depths of loneliness and despair swirling around her. Blood covered the area beneath her. At the bottom lay a forgotten black rose with the word “Why” under it. The man smiled sad smile when he knew the meaning behind the painting. Kagome waited for his reaction, praying that he could make it better. Make her forget.
 
 
“Beautiful…” that one word made her forget it all. He looked down at her and smiled comfortably at her, his purple eyes glinting mischiefly in the light of the full moon. A tear leaked out of her eye and kissed it away.
 
 
“No crying tonight Kags. Tonight, we have fun.” He smirked at her and she giggled. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she buried her face in his chest, inhailing his long forgotten scent. Smiling down at her, he bent his knees a little and took off into the air, wings spreading open as they glided soundlessly. The man's smile turned into a smirk as he caught her eye. Her eyes widened a breif second before the arms around her disappeared and she was falling through mid air. A shreak escaped her and she soon found herself back in the arms of the arrogant male.
 
 
“You did that on purpose!!!” she glared at him but only got a hardey laugh in return. The frown quickly turned into a smile as she felt his power course through her. He slowly let go of her body, keeping a firm grip on her hand. She giggled, flying next to him. The two laughed and flew, finally reunited after all this time. Using her new temporary flying powers with her own, she shot up in the air, twirling happily, and falling, letting the wind deside her fate. The man rolled his eyes and quickly grabbed her hand as she fell. A small pout formed on her lips and wagged his free finger and made a “no no” sign. She stuck her tonge out at him and he copied her actions. The sun began too peek over the moutain tops, shining off the dew, and casting everything in an unearthly glow. The man sighed an gently tugged Kagome down to the ground, they're fun over. The wings on his back disappeared, telling her that they're time was coming to a close. She sighed depressed like until he put a finger on her lips to shush her.
 
 
“You know I'll be back don't you Kaggy?” the man said, looking into her eyes. Kagome looked at him, sorrow eveidant in her eyes. She nodded and smiled slightly at him. The sun's rays bounced off his face, highlighting his already angelic features.
 
 
“Of course I do. But…I just don't want you to go.” She blushed slightly as he took her hands and kissed the knuckles. He chuckled at her innocence and kept her hands near his lips as his eyes hardened once again.
 
 
“Kags…I don't like you being here. But I know you have your duties so…” he took a deep breath and pulled her close to him, clutching her small frame to his. “If you ever need me, if you're hurt, in trouble, or just want to talk, just scream my name. Just scream and I'll be here in an instant. You can always count on me.” He finished looking at her. She stared back at him, eyes watering from the confession. Was this the same man she had known all her life? The same on she had fought with, lived with, and even help stal with? She looked into his purple eyes and nodded. A smile tugged on her lips as she stared at his. The two got closer as they're lips met, before clinging to each other's beings like a lifeline. Tears escaped both of they're eyes and the man's being began to fade, his 12 hrs ending.
 
 
“I love you, Kagome Higurashi.” The man said sighing.
 
 
“I love you too, Dark Mousy.” And with that the young man was gone, fading into the morning light. The man that she has thought of as a brother all her life was back in the body of his new host, Daisuke Niwa.
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
Me: so how do u think it was?
 
Soku: O.O damn…
 
Inu: feh
 
Me: -.-o u guys r sooo discriptive
 
Soku: y did u wait till the end to revieil Dark's idenity?
 
Inu: I bet she forgot.
 
Me: I WOULD NEVER FORGET WHO DARK IS!!!!!!!!
 
Inu&soku: O.O…shes waaaay to into dis…
 
Dark: ahh the ladies love me! ^-^
 
Me: ^-^ jep!!! Now! Readers, click the lil button at the bottom that says submit review, cuz I really think I should continue on wit dis story. I have sooooo many ideas for this! PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD!!!
 
Soku: yes please, so I can get some sleep tonight. *pluggin ears*
 
Inu: *runs away from us psycho paths*