D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painting Happiness ❯ Delusions or reality? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: OMG! Kurama'sFoxyMiko and Kagome Lady Of Darkness, I love you! ^-^ Since u liked it so much and well…I enjoyed writing it, I DECIDED TO CONTINUE!!! Yaaaay!
 
Soku: *has weird ass party hat on* that's nice, now who wants ice cream?
 
Inu: *snickering*
 
Soku: what?
 
Inu: ur hahhahahaha hat! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
 
Me&Soku: *eye brow tick* jackass *boot Inu out*
 
Inu: WAAHHHHHHH! I wanna stay!!!!
 
Me: will u behave, and not laugh at Soku's weird ass party hat?
 
Soku: hey!
 
Inu: I pwamise
 
Me: awwwwwwwwwww!!!! Sooooo cute!!!! *Rubs ears and he purrs*
 
Soku: grrr on with the story!
 
Inu: hehehe ur jealous
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
 
Kagome walked slowly back to the village, her feet trudging against the ground. She had sent everything back to her time and she was exhausted. But she was happy. She had seen him; she had seen Dark, finally after all these years! She shook her head slightly as the fuzziness clouded her vision once again. Damn, had she really used that much energy? She looked towards the already bright sky and sighed. She could hear the village waking up. And it would only be a matter of tie before her friends would start-
 
 
“Kagome!!!!” Sango's voice rang trough the air, worry laced with every syllable. Kagome sighed and picked up the pace, jogging out of the tree line, close to the hut.
 
 
“I'm right here Sango, no need to yell.” She giggled sarcastically. Sango gave a brief sigh of relief and ran up and hugged her friend. Kagome laughed slightly at Sango's protectiveness towards her. But she couldn't blame her. It was like they we're practically sisters.
 
 
“Kagome where were you?!? You had us all worried sick. Not even Inuyasha knew where you were!” she said looking at her from arms length. Kagome sighed and swatted her away. She forgot all about Inuyasha, and she really didn't want to put up with his crap. She rubbed the back of her neck exhausted and walked into the hut where the impatient hanyou waited. She lifted the flap want was instantly bombarded with the anger from him.
 
 
“Where the hell were you! We've been waiting here forever. Now pack your stuff up so we can-” Inuyasha paused. What was that scent? Inuyasha walked closer to her, ignoring her protests, and inhaled her sent. What was that scent? Ancient rain and blueberries? It didn't smell human…but it wasn't demon either.
 
 
“Kagome…what's that scent on you?” he saw her stiffen and her eyes become slightly fearful. What's got her so worked up? She took a shaky breath and turned around, walking to her bag.
 
 
“Its nothing Inuyasha. Just some body wash I tried. Don't worry about it. And as to where I was, I just took a walk ok?” she nodded to herself as if that was the truth. She didn't need them finding out about Dark and the Niwas so soon. Maybe when Naraku is dead. Or maybe never? Ya, never sounds good. Inuyasha snorted at her. It was such an obvious lie. Inuyasha's blood ran cold. What did she not want him to know about? Did she not trust him anymore? His ears drooped at the thought. No! She did trust him. She even said so. Maybe it was just some girl thing. Ya, that's what it was. He looked back down to Kagome, only to realize she wasn't there.
 
 
“Hey Inuyasha you coming?” she poked her head into the hut where the lone hanyou stood lost in thought. Inuyasha saw her and jumped back slightly. When did this girl get so damn quiet?!?! Inuyasha gave her a quick “feh”.
 
 
“Corse I'm coming, don't get your undies in a twist.” Kagome raised an eyebrow at the obvious future line and sighed. Souta was to blame for that. She shrugged and walked out towards their friends, a very annoyed boy following her.
 
 
“So which way today my good friends?” Miroku asked, smiling. Sango shook her head slightly at him and Kagome shrugged.
 
 
“As much as I hate to say this, west is the only way we haven't gone.” Miroku said, ignoring the steaming hanyou. Inuyasha growled and ground his teeth together.
 
 
“There is no FUCKIG WAY we are going anywhere NEAR that place. With our luck we'll run into the bastard!” Inuyasha barked out angrily. Like hell he was going there. He would rather cut off his own arm first. Kagome sighed. There was no way Inuyasha was going t budge. So, she did the only possible thing she could. She turned on her heel and started off towards the Western Lands. Sango and Miroku quickly caught on and followed her. Inuyasha stuttered for a moment before jumping beside her and started yelling.
 
 
“Hello~! Damnit wench did you NOT just hear me? I said we ain't going!” he growled out at her. Kagome gave an annoyed sigh and glared at him half-heartedly. Did this guy ever quit?
 
 
“Inuyasha contrary to poplar and your belief, I am not deaf. But will be soon if you keep yelling in my ear like that. As to your question, yes I did hear you, but I choose to ignore you because of the fact that Miroku was right in saying this is the only way we haven't gone. And to add to that I also feel the tug of a Shikon shard this way. And even if I didn't we would still go this way. Because unlike you, I m not afraid to face and fight your brother over something as stupid as this! Now shut you and your little immature butt up!!!!!!” with each sentence her voice got louder and more threatening. Inuyasha cowered in fear by a tree, obviously scared shitless. Kagome took a deep breath and settled back down, hugging Shippo to her. Miroku and Sango exchanged glances and took two steps back from her. Kagome raised an eyebrow but let it slide. She simply turned and went on her way. The others looked at each other, slightly frightened, before following close behind.
 
 
“Wow Kagome! I didn't know you could do that! Inuyasha looked like he was about to cry.” Shippo snickered. Kagome giggled and smiled down at the little boy in her arms.
 
 
“You should never underestimate some one Shippo.” She looked down at him and winked. “Especially me. You never know what surprises I can pull out of my sleeves.” She tickled his tummy and he squirmed in her arms laughing. Behind her the rest of the group mulled over what just happened.
 
 
Inuyasha wondered how she could scare him with just words. I mean, she didn't even say sit!!! And…his butt was not immature. He crossed his arms and pouted. I mean sure he could be a little arrogant at some points but-…NO! He shook his head wildly. He would not let her win! He was mature and he would act like it. He turned his head to the side to see Sango and Miroku looking the other way. Inuyasha quickly stuck his tongue out at the future miko and went back to pouting.
 
 
Sango however was almost skipping with glee. Kagome had told him off! Not even she had enough courage to do that. Sango wasn't too sure what all happened to Kagome on that walk, but whatever happened, she liked.
 
 
Miroku, during all of this, was having a completely different reaction all together. He could've sworn, that when Kagome got mad, her aura completely changed. And he bet on his life that he saw a pair of red angel wings coming out of her back. Miroku looked up at her and gasped; as for a brief moment he saw the wings again. Sango looked at him and he shrugged her off, obviously trying to figure out if what he was seeing was real, or he was just going insane. Sango blinked but shrugged and jogged ahead to the giggling pair.
 
 
“It looks like you two are having fun.” She said smiling. Kagome and Shippo looked at each other before nodding quickly.
 
 
“Good. So Kagome…” she started nonchalantly. She saw the younger girl tilt her head to the side, unknowingly coping the younger kitsune. “Where did that little spurt of backbone come from?” she glanced sideways at a blushing Kagome and lifted an eyebrow. Apparently the backbones gone…
 
 
“I don't know really. I just got sick of the whining and I…just exploded. I don't know why, I just did.” She replied shyly. Sango laughed and hugged the embarressed girl tightly. She had such strange friends…
 
 
Meanwhile the boys were in the back enjoying the show. Shippo, being the clever fox that he is, jumped out of Kagome's arms and onto Miroku's shoulder. Inuyasha watched, amusement dancing in his eyes. While Miroku studied, once in his life not being perverted. Inuyasha noticed the strained look on his face and questioned.
 
 
“Yo pervert, watcha lookin at?” he raised an eyebrow at the monk's look.
 
 
“You wound me so Inuyasha. I don't think that's an appropriate title for a monk of my stature. Do you not agree?” all he got was a snort in response from Inuyasha and a laugh from Shippo. “Inuyasha…does something seem…I don't know, different about Kagome to you?” he asked looking at the dog demon. Inuyasha looked at him strangely.
 
 
“Feh! I don't know what you're talking about monk! The girls just PMS-ing or something. Nothing to get to riled up about.” He commented lamely. It wasn't her time of the month but hell; Miroku didn't need to know that. Inuyasha saw nothing wrong with Kagome. But he'd be damn sure no one else knew that. Miroku sighed weakly and rubbed his forehead. That could be a reasonable explanation. He looked up at his female time traveling friend and sighed. Nope, nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe he was going delusional. Too many slaps to the face can do that to a guy. He smirked to himself and ran up to the girls, hugging them each around the shoulders.
 
 
“May I ask what you lovely ladies are talking about? And may I join you?” he asked innocent enough. The girls smiled warily at him and nodded slightly. Kagome opened her mouth to say something when both she and Sango felt a familiar pressure on their rears. Sango's face turned dark red and Kagome's eyes flashed a dark blue, but went unnoticed. Miroku backed away when he noticed he received no hits, but death glares instead. For each step he took backwards, the girls followed with the air temperature around them cooling drastically. He put his arms up in front of him, as to shield himself from their wrath. “Now ladies lets talk about this!!!” he said terrified. The girl's movement halted and he let out a sigh of relief.
 
 
“There's nothing to talk about Miroku.” Kagome spoke emotionlessly. Something about that sentence…broke the small wall that was containing his male instincts and screamed. Sango and Kagome lifted their fists and just let go on the poor monk. The girls gave up happily a minute later, leaving a batted and bruised monk in their wake. Inuyasha sighed and walked over, helping the poor guy up. Miroku groaned and accepted the hand that Inuyasha offered out to him. The stood up panting and rubbed his sore cheek. Inuyasha sighed and shook his head at him.
 
 
“Inuyasha, you know what? I have learned something today.” Miroku looked thoughtful for a second. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow at him.
 
 
“And what would that be monk?” He asked gruffly.
 
 
“Kagome has a mean right hook.” Miroku looked at him, grinning like a chasire cat. Inuyasha chuckled at him and dragged him along, following the much farther along females.
 
 
“I still say you're an idiot.” Shippo said before climbing off and running off to Kagome. Inuyasha glared disapprovingly when he saw her cuddle the young kit. Miroku watched his friends' expressions and cleared his throat.
 
 
“Penny for your thoughts?” He asked cautiously. Inuyasha turned his glare from the young kit, to the monk hanging on his shoulder. He scrunched his nose and he looked Miroku up and down. Should he just leave him here? A brief image flashed in his mind of when Kagome was mad at the monk and cringed. Nope, better take him with. He didn't need that anger turned towards him.
 
 
Awhile-later Kagome looked up at the semi-darkening sky and sighed. She was exhausted. First she used her powers that she hasn't used in like uh ever! And then went walking in 100 degree weather and didn't even find one lousy jewel shard. She wiped the sweat off her brow and sighed. She needed to stop or she'd collapse. She slowly lowered her arm and pulled back disgusted. First though, she would take a bath. She took another sniff and lowered her arm immediately. A very long bath! The small kit in her arms huffed for the billionth time that day. He kept shifting in her arms to get comfy. Needless to say, every time her moved, his claws only dug farther into her side. She sighed again and looked up at the impatient hanyou leading them. At some point, she didn't know, he had gotten in front of her and Miroku, who, surprisingly, was walking as if everything was normal. Though, if you listened close enough, you could hear him mumble about slave driving half demons and winged-pretty lady's coming to kill him. Kagome sighed again and noticed her vision get blurry and panicked. She couldn't pass-out! Not now. Shes almost made it! Her vision got darker and she began to sway on her feet. This got Shippo's attention.
 
 
“Kagome?” he questioned. The rest of the group looked back towards the two members that stopped. Kagome mumbled something before blacking out and falling to the ground. “KAGOME!!!!” was the last thing she heard.
 
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
 
Me: hey all, yes I know this chappie was pointless, but I thought we needed to show Kagome's growing backbone.
 
Soku: what about the wings Miroku saw?
 
Me: what about them?
 
Inu: fucking weird ass mean PMS-ing women…
 
Me: KAGOME!!!
 
Kag: SIT!
 
Inu: *thud*
 
Soku: -.- anyway u were saying?
 
Me: rite. Well I'm sry I couldn't come up with everything on anything u completely needed for this chap. I mean it's to early for any fights or anything. So…I made inu go shitless and Kaggy get a backbone!
 
Kag: FINALLY!
 
Me: also I wanna set just one measly thing straight. I don't know the REAL scent of Dark so I made one up. HOWEVER! Kagome's REAL eye color is brown and her scent it sakura blossoms and jasmine. I got it off Rumiko Takahashi's web site…well this is long. Time to go. ^-^
 
Soku: finally. I need some IB's.
 
Me: me too. Lets go. PLEASE REVIEW~!!!