D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painting Happiness ❯ Battle of Wills and the Sexes!!! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Me: hey all! I'm FINALLY able to update. *growls* no thx to u guys
 
Inu&Soku: *look up from playin goldfish* wha-?
 
Me: nvm. Listen sry I didn't update sooner. I tried to at my dads but, my comp got a virus and I had to use my bro's .The keys r all crossed and shit. It aint purty.
 
Soku: will u just start the chapter now?
 
Me: bitchy much. I just wanna babble a lil!
 
Inu: well no ones gonna babble back. They came here to read the story. Not to hear u talk.
 
Me: they can't hear me dumbass. They see me.
 
Inu: -.- up urs
 
Me: same ta u buddy! Gosh and ur supposed to be the almighty defender?
 
Inu: what was that?!?!?
 
Me: nuttin! On with the story!
 
Soku: *snickering* finally!!!
 
 
)()(~~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
Kagome groaned. Her head hurt like hell. Her feet felt like hell. And she was sweating like hell. She tried to remember where she was and mentally gasped. `I'm in hell!!!' she chuckled at the irony in the child-like accusation. That's exactly where she wanted to be at the moment. She sighed slightly to herself. Gosh only one night with him and she was already back to her overly sarcastic self again. She groaned and shifted as she felt the only coolness on her body being taken off her forehead.
 
 
“Kagome are you all right?” A warm voice asked her. She slowly opened her eyes to see Sango's overjoyed ones starring back at her. Kagome opened her mouth to try and talk but flinched as her throat gave a painful protest. Sango looked at her quizzically before the answer donned on her and she ran over to Kagome's backpack to get some water. Miroku looked up and smiled before heading over to the tree that Kagome was lying beside, and sat down.
 
 
“How are you feeling Lady Kagome??” Miroku asked quietly. Kagome thanked him mentally. Her head was already pounding enough; she didn't need the extra noise. Sango rushed back over and Kagome gulped down half of the bottle. She let out a sigh as her throat stopped burning. She giggled to herself. `It burned like hell.' She looked up at Miroku and gave him a comforting smile.
 
 
“Fine. Well better now. Can you tell me what happened?” Sure she knew but she couldn't let them know? Could she? She should just play dumb like always. Yep. Just like she had since she got to the Feudal Era. Miroku and Sango exchanged looks and Sango bit her lip.
 
 
“Actually we were wondering if you could tell us that. I mean, one minute you were complaining about the heat like the rest of us and the next minute you were on the ground.” She explained worry etched in her face. Kagome sighed to herself. Sango really should stop worrying about her. She was fine, just a little exhausted. She looked at Sango and squeezed the hand that was closest to her and gave her a comforting smile.
 
 
“I'm fine Sango. Really I am. I guess I just gave out under the heat and exhaustion. I mean I got no sleep last night so its only natura-“ the two worried friends instantly stepped in, yelling.
 
 
“What do you mean no sleep?!?!?” the two screamed, getting in her face. Kagome's highly trained and sensitive ears rung under the pressure and Kagome whimpered, covering them with her hands. Sango, seeing what she had done, instantly went to help while Miroku stayed still. He wanted answers. But so did Kagome.
 
 
“Kagome, why didn't you get any sleep last night?” He asked patiently. His question went unanswered as Kagome and Sango tried to get the pulsing down in her head to a minimum. Kagome finally looked up with a dawning and determined look in her eye.
 
 
“Where is Inuyasha and Shippo?” she question, worried for their safety. Miroku gave her a hard look, letting her know that he knew she heard him. She gave the same look back to him and smirked.
 
 
“I asked the question first Kagome. I will answer your question as soon as you answer mine.” He bit back smoothly. Kagome was caught by surprise. He hadn't ever used that tone near her. Hell, she didn't even know he knew that tone! For a second, when the setting sun reflected off his purple eyes, and the way he had his voice toned…Kagome mentally shook her head. Now was not the time girl! We have a battle of wills to win. She giggled lightly to herself, going surprising unnoticed. Battle of the Sexes. Wills wins all. A mystical monk, against a time traveling miko. Who shall win!?! She smirked to hide her grin.
 
 
“I don't care if you asked first Master Miroku. I want an answer to my question to. And I wont answer anything until Inuyasha and Shippo are back.” She stated stubbornly. Sango opened her mouth to answer her when the said two males walked into the clearing. Shippo ran from Inuyasha's side, into the waiting arms of Kagome. He snuggled up to her chest and grinned proudly.
 
 
“Yay you're awake! I knew you would be fine. You wouldn't let something as weak as that keep you down. Inuyasha was worried yes he was! By the way what was it that knocked you out? Oh well, look what I helped kill!!!” he said in one breath, also ending up pointing to the wild boar that hung in Inuyasha's grasp. Kagome's eyes traveled up her group leader's form to meet his eyes. His gold eyes darkened as the sun finally set only to be highlighted by the light of the fire Sango prepared. His gold eyes roamed her body, searching for any signs of injuries or exhaustion before sitting down close to her. They stared at each other before he let out a sigh of relief. The sound reached Kagome's well-trained ears and she smiled to herself.
 
 
“Are you okay? You ain't hurt are ya?” He asked gruffly. Kagome nodded and smiled at him, making him blush, but getting mistaken with the heat of the fire.
 
 
“I'm fine Inuyasha. Just a little tired.” She answered still smiling. Inuyasha nodded and raised an eyebrow and looked towards Miroku. The monk looked hard at him before smirking. `Yes!' he thought, `Now I get to find out why she's so tired. Mental male power dance!' he thought victoriously. He looked at Kagome and gave her a victorious smirk making Inuyasha even more confused.
 
 
“Okay will some one tell me what the fucks going on here?!?” Inuyasha yelled annoyed. He really, didn't like the way Miroku was looking at Kagome. He felt…Inuyasha thought to him self. It was like he felt he was the only one that was allowed to give Kagome that smirk. Miroku proudly sat up and looked smugly in Inuyasha's direction.
 
 
“Well Inuyasha, before you came I tried to figure out why Miss Kagome was so tired. But she refused to answer us until you came back. And now, since you are back, she can tell us. Isn't that right, Kagome?” Kagome glared at him. He was enjoying this waaaay too much. She blinked to herself. When was the last time Miroku ever had a decent battle of wills? Certainly not with Sango, he would be dead by now. She blinked again. Had he ever had a battle of wills??? She shook her head and sighed before putting on a happy face.
 
 
“That's right Miroku! Not that they're back I will tell you.” She took a deep breath before she continued. She could feel the anxiety in each of them, waiting. She giggled to herself. “I went for a walk and couldn't sleep and haven't slept since!” she could literally see the sweat drop running down each of their heads and laughed. That was until Inuyasha's anger hit her full force.
 
 
“You went for a walk? Outside! At night with no one with you?!? HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET PAST ME????” He asked enraged. Kagome sighed and shook her head. `Time to lie my way out of yet, another hole.' She thought boredly.
 
 
“Yes a walk. I couldn't sleep so I thought I might take a walk to clear my mind. And yes Inuyasha, outside. Cuz ya know, I couldn't really walk around inside because of all the sleeping people. Also I am perfectly able to take care of myself! And…” she trailed off looking at him. A small shrug came off her shoulders. “I guess you were in too deep of sleep to notice me leave.” She finished off. The hanyou beside her gave an annoyed growl and stubbornly shook his head.
 
 
“I'm a light sleeper. If you went outside I would know!” he argued back. Kagome sighed in defeat. There was no way he was going to cave.
 
 
“Okay fine Inuyasha. I used some weird voodoo mystical stuff and now I can teleport anywhere I want! Satisfied?” She asked aggravated. Inuyasha jumped back startled, but nodded anyway. Miroku however, was not convinced. There was something she wasn't telling them. And he was going to find out one way or another. For he is the Mystical detecting Monk Miroku!!! He sweat dropped at his mental state. At this rate he would be crazier than Kagome.
 
 
“Well now that we know can we get some food and go to bed?” Sango asked satisfied. Miroku, Inuyasha, and Kagome nodded to her as Kagome stretched. She turned to Inuyasha and smiled at him.
 
 
“Do you think you can hold the fort down here while I go take a walk or do I need to stay?” she asked cutely, in Inuyasha's opinion. He gulped and turned away. He didn't want her to go. She just woke up and she wants to leave? He argued with himself. `She's only gonna be gone for a few minutes. Get a hold of yourself man!!!' he `feh-ed' and shooed her away with his hand.
 
 
“Do whatever you want. See if I care. Just don't get yourself into any more trouble.” He started gruffly. Kagome sighed and stood up, heading towards the woods. Inuyasha watched her leave and sighed dejectedly. Sango and Shippo made quick work of cleaning the boar and setting it over the fire. Inuyasha looked over at Miroku and gave him a quizzical look. Miroku was starring at the ground intently, as if trying to decipher something. Inuyasha snorted. He would never figure the monk out. Out somewhere out in the woods, Kagome sighed.
 
 
“He didn't come after me.” She murmured to herself. She really wasn't sure if she was talking about Inuyasha or Miroku at the moment. On one hand, she always wanted Inuyasha to follow her. I mean, she loved him….right? And on the other hand she wanted it to be Miroku that came walking through those bushes. Maybe it was because she had so much fun with the battle of wills earlier? She remembered the look in his eyes and the sound of his voice, making her shiver. `He sounded almost exactly like him. I mean the voice was a little of but the tone was just right. And his eyes looked exactly like his. If only his hair was longer then he would-' Kagome slapped a hand over her mouth and shook her head wildly. What was she doing?!? She was comparing Miroku to Dark…Kagome looked down at the ground ashamed. How could she do that? They were complete opposites! Well despite the womanizing and the loving only one woman but still hits on other women and the fact that they're favorite colors are black and purple. Kagome gave a defeated sigh. Who was she kidding, they're almost twins! The bushes behind her ruffled and she got into a fighting stance. She let out a breath when Miroku's head popped out of the side. “Miroku….” She sighed. Was she happy or pissed?
 
 
“Sorry to interrupt your walk Kagome but dinner's ready if you want to come back to camp now.” He answered her unasked question, a weird expression on his face. Kagome nodded and walked over at him smiling slightly.
 
 
“Right, sorry about that. Just kind of spaced out, ya know?” She covered lamely. I mean, what else could she say? Sorry I didn't hear you walk up; I was too busy comparing you to a friend of mine! She rolled her eyes to herself. Yeah, that would blow over well. And Sesshomaru is in love with Jaken.
 
 
“I completely understand. But Kagome, about earlier…” he trailed off. Kagome tensed slightly, noticed by her companion, but then started giggling.
 
 
“You mean the whole `Battle of the Sexes and Wills' thing we had going on back there? Wasn't that fun?” She laughed twirling around in a circle. Miroku laughed whole-heartedly, watching her.
 
 
“Yes it was fun. You're something else Kagome.” He said smiling. Kagome stopped spinning, her hair blowing slightly in front of her face. Miroku blinked again. The angel wings were there!!! He knew he wasn't crazy now. Kagome gave him a weird look before her eyes followed his gaze to the areas on either side of her. She blinked and shrugged, turning and walking back to camp. Miroku was stunned beyond all belief. She was…beautiful! Gorgeous red wings spreading across the sky around her, her inky black hair blowing in the wind, giving her an exotic look. She looked so pure, yet completely dark. She was like…the angel of darkness. Miroku's eyes widened. She couldn't be a…no! This is Kagome we're talking about. Her being an angel was totally out of the question. His chin fell to his chest in defeat. He was insane. There was no way Kagome was an angel…was there?
 
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
Me: done finally! Sorry 4 the long update. School started. XP
 
Soku: ouch.
 
Me: why were u so pissy earlier?
 
Soku: I didn't have a blueberry muffin yet
 
Me: oh…
 
Inu: sissy.
 
Me: HE IS NOT! BLUEBERRY MUFFINS R ONE OF THE BEST THINGS EVER MADE!!!
 
Inu: ramens better
 
Soku:… u guys make my head hurt
 
Me: you make my head hurt too. AND I HAVE BLOODY PAIN KILLERS IN MY SYSTEM!!!!
 
Soku: why?
 
Me: teeth hurt
 
Soku: oh
 
Inu: haha
 
Me: grrr w/e. again sorry for the long update. But I promise there will be a fight coming soon mmkay? And yes everyone will meet everyone else soon too. And I wanna say one thing before I leave.
 
Soku: what is that?
 
Me: DARK ANDKRAD R FUCKIN SEXY!!!
 
Inu: stupid bitch
 
Krad: hey! Don't call my fan gurl stupid!
 
Dark: hello! My fan gurl! Ur not even in the story yet!!!
 
Me: *fawning*
 
Soku: riiiiiiiiight. Well time to wrap this up. Read and review. Ta!
 
Dark&Krad: *fighting*
 
Me: *fawn and drool*
 
Inu: END THIS THING ALREADY!!!