D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painting Happiness ❯ Guess what I got ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PH 7
 
 
 
Umm yeah...Hello again! I...hope? you remember me. I was actually flipping through old CD's and found this story. Hard to believe the last time I updated this thing was in December of 2006 huh? Wow...a little scary to think about actually. But I think I'm going to revive this story! I've already started on the next chapter and I'm now going through and re-writing all my old chapters.
 
Yes I know they suck. Don't patronize me. I think I did some pretty damn good writing for a 7th grader! ...Anyway, enjoy!
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
 
 
Last Time:
 
 
 
“Inuyasha?” Her foot slowly started digging into the dirt as he looked over. She brought her foot back behind her and struck the ground harder, as if the ground were a soccer ball. “The ground…it feels like the jewel shard…all of it?” She mumbled to herself, digging into the ground harder. Inuyasha watched her, confusion and slight worry for Kagome's mental state in mind. Sudden growls wrung in his head, making him want to slap his hands over his ears. Every time that damn voice talked it felt like his head was splitting.
 
 
 
`Mate is right…ground not safe…' the voice faded before Inuyasha could even ask what it meant. Not safe…not safe…Inuyasha's eyes snapped to attention just as the ground began to rumble. He crouched low, intending to get to Kagome, but the dirt began to lift around his feet, turning into muddy goo. Inuyasha began to panic when he didn't hear his missing Kagome.
 
 
 
“Kagome!” he called out. There was no answer. He twisted around the best he could as the dirt slid up his legs, already covering him up to his knees. He turned his upper body around, his spine protesting painfully and was shocked at what he saw.
 
 
 
A huge hand made up of dirt and clay, along with the figure of a man and a woman stood in the clearing. But what shocked him the most was that Kagome was bowing to them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now:
 
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha struggled against the muddy confines, desperate to reach his, or as he thought, now suicidal Kagome.
 
 
 
“Kagome? Kagome, what are you doing? RUN! Kagome are you even listening to me???” his heart was racing in panic as the obvious male figure reached down and gently lifted her chin. “NO!” A blinding flash, a crack along with a splash and Inuyasha was free. He looked down at the source of the dimming light and found it to be coming from his tetsuiga. He bit his lip to hold back his curiosity and rushed over to the clay people and the now no longer kneeling girl. Using his strength, he quickly jumped between Kagome and the clay people, unsheathing his sword. Kagome gasped from behind him, a frown forming on her lips.
 
 
 
“Inuyasha! What the heck do you think you're doing???” she bit out glaring at him. A growl sounded from low in his throat and he glared at her from the corner of his eye. His muscles tensed at seeing how relaxed she looked. What the hell was going on?
 
 
 
“I could ask you the same damn thing! What the fuck are you doing here with these…” A glance in their direction made bile rise in his throat. “people?” The clay people frowned at him and Kagome's glare darkened. How dare he! Didn't he know who and what these people were? Biting her cheek, she counted backwards to ten and took a deep breath letting it out slowly. Inuyasha knew something was wrong. She was silent, and she was mad. Not a good combination.
 
 
 
“Inuyasha….” The word came out in a deadly whisper. The mud people watched on in amusement as the Inu-hanyou turned fully around fear evident in his eyes. She shouldn't have said his name like that. He knew it was going to happen. He shut his eyes tightly and braced for impact. But the pain never came. Not a word was uttered as Kagome glared at him. Her fists clenched and un-clenched at her sides, signaling that she was pissed, yet she didn't say the word. Instead she bit her lip hard enough to draw blood and plastered a fake smile on her face. Stepping around the terrified dog demon, she hugged the surprising clean? Mud demon. “My apologies King Zhukov, I did not know he would react like that.” The mud couple smiled and nodded in acceptance.
 
 
 
“It is okay M'lady, your friend is very protective of you, you should be grateful. But I am surprised you know of us.” The man now known as Zhukov stated. Inuyasha was confused. How did she know them? And why wasn't she using his name? His ears tilted back slightly in slight shame. Eyes downcast, his brain roamed over the possibilities, unknowingly trailing his eyes across the ground, and up a certain couple's bodies.
 
 
 
“HOLY SHIT YOU'RE NAKED!” jumping 10 feet in the air, he fell, landing flat on his ass. Kagome sighed and shook her head in embarrassment at his antics. The couple blinked and looked down, not getting why he was so shocked. Kagome growled at him and rubbed her temples, already feeling a headache coming on. Sighing loudly she turned back to the couple.
 
 
 
“Its okay, ignore him, you look fine.” The two smiled at her, nodding. “As for how I know you, you're famous where I come from. Clay Warrocks correct? King Zhukov and his wife Queen Haleen, it's an honor to meet you.” curtsying, she earned a startled gasp from the three in the clearing. Standing upright, she pointed to the now standing inuhanyou. “And my companion's name is Inuyasha. We apologize tremendously for intruding on your lands.” Another bow was halted by the two. Clear tears gathered in the female's eyes as she hugged her.
 
 
 
“Why do you show us so much kindness? Do you not hate or fear us like the others?” smiling kindly she waved them off. From the side lines Inuyasha watched in wonder as the three talked. He never knew Kagome could be so…formal. Her manners and high respect for royalty could even put Sesshomaru to shame!
 
 
 
“Why would I fear or hate two very strong and very kind people? It seems almost impossible to do.” Without a second thought, Haleen pulled Kagome into another large hug, the ground dancing around them. A cry of joy left the Queen's lips as she hugged the young miko. Patting her back, Kagome sent Zhukov an understanding smile and tugged gently, signaling for the Queen to let her go. Wiping away her tears, she took a shaky breath before continuing on.
 
 
 
“Right then! Kagome wasn't it? What can we do for you?” Blinking, Inuyasha thought about it. Why were they here? Kagome said she felt a jewel shard, said the ground was a living jewel, worried him over her mental state, and wound up hugging a naked mud person…again why were they here? Kagome giggled quietly and rubbed the back of her head.
 
 
 
“Well you see…,” biting her lip she continued cautiously. “I can sense jewel shards and I felt one right here. And I was just wondering if you had one or had a clue as to where they were?” The clearing became silent and the couple studied her. She was not possessed nor did she reek of evil. She wanted it for pure intentions. She didn't even look like she wanted it at all. The young King smiled at her and laid a hand on her shoulder, making Inuyasha growl subconsciously.
 
 
 
“You sensed our home. Something not even the most powerful priest or youkai could do. You seek the jewel not for selfish reasons but for some one else.” At her questioning glance he smirked at her. “You know of us yet you do not know of out powers?” A beautiful blush crossed her features and he laughed full heartedly along with his wife. “Besides I have heard of you from many stories my people hear and tell on their travels. You battle an evil demon by the name of Naraku in hopes to return the jewel to its former glory and bring peace to the land. And for that I thank you, things have been getting much too rocky for my tastes.” The group laughed at that, even Inuyasha joining in with an amused smirk. The husband brought his wife close, hugging her around the waste. The woman in turn smiled up at him, her clay hair dark as dirt blowing in the wind like silk. The woman turned back to Kagome, giggling at the young miko.
 
 
 
“I am glad to know that one being amongst us all still remains as pure as you Kagome. It is you that will change what demons think of the human race.” Her gaze turned to Inuyasha. “And you that will change the minds of most humans.” Shock covered the young demon's face as he blinked stupidly. Zhukov squeezed her slightly, smiling down at her.
 
 
 
“I too am glad. And to help you along the way, we will give you these.” A small tremor ran threw the ground and Inuyasha jumped into the fighting position, making the young couple laugh. “Do not worry Inuyasha; it's a gift not an attack.” The ground rose in a small column between the two parties and Kagome stared at it in wonder. A tiny circular orb sat on top and Kagome reached out to poke it.
 
 
 
“What is it?” she questioned, more to herself than to anyone else. The man chuckled and picked up the small orb.
 
 
 
“Well you'll have to open it to find out.” He gently placed the ball into her cupped hands and a small `ooh' left her lips. Turning over the semi-solid ball in her hands, she finally got fed up and pushed her palms together, squeezing the ball. A small crack was seen and a pop sounded as the mud ball caved in, letting out a small puff of smoke. Inside the small ball lay 5 light purpley-blue jewel shards, making Kagome shriek in happiness.
 
 
 
“Ohmigosh! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!” squealing, she jumped into the open and awaiting arms of Zhukov, laughing happily. Zhukov smiled down at the young girl almost lovingly. Haleen giggled clapping her hands ecstatically. Inuyasha watched on, still in shock that they were giving them jewel shards; 5 of them!!! He was brought out of his musings as Kagome's arms wrapped around him. Looking down at her questionably, she smiled right back up, her smile lighting up the darkening sky. His gaze wandered back to the mud people who watched them with knowing eyes. Stepping forward, he cleared his throat and bowed awkwardly, stunning Kagome.
 
 
 
“Uhh thank, err...thank you King Zhukov and Queen Haleen. I really, I mean, we really appreciate it.” The awkwardness surrounding him made the couple chuckle. Zhukov stepped forward, laying a comforting arm on Inuyasha's shoulder, confusing the poor hanyou.
 
 
“Inuyasha…don't ever try and be formal again. It doesn't suit you.” Kagome stifled a giggle behind her hand and looked away innocently as the two males looked at her. Shaking his head in amusement, Zhukov continued on. “I wish you luck on your quest. And please, kick Naraku's ass for me. He's been getting on my nerves.” Inuyasha smirked egotistically, his stance becoming straighter.
 
 
 
“Feh! You can count on it. I never let anyone down.” Zhukov chuckled at him before hugging Kagome. She smiled before hugging Haleen and waving goodbye. Turning, she began to walk away from the small group. Before Inuyasha could follow however, Zhukov stopped him. Inuyasha glanced down at the hand gripping his arm before meeting the mud king's eyes.
 
 
 
“Inuyasha,” His voice was cold and serious making Inuyasha flinch. “Kagome is a sweet girl. One in a million. Well next to my wife anyway. Take good care of her and never let her go. And make sure Naraku never gets a hold of her. For even the purest heart can be tainted if filled with the right lies. Please remember that.” Inuyasha's gold eyes hardened, taking in the new information. Before anyone could react, red outlined his eyes and his birthmarks shone upon his cheeks. His voice deepened, and his features became more primal. Bowing low and gracefully, Inuyasha's demon side growled in awareness.
 
 
 
“I will make sure no harm comes to mate. Thank you for the help.” The King nodded, knowing what had just happened. Then just as soon as the transformation came, it went just as quick. Blinking at the king, he nodded towards Haleen before taking off to the patiently waiting Kagome. Haleen watched in amusement at the two before cursing softly.
 
 
 
“Kagome!!!” the young miko turned around, questioning eyes landed on the young queen. “I forgot to tell you! You can find Naraku in the North, just past Bloody Crystal Waters! My people will be watching over you.” Kagome's eyes widened as the information sunk in. The ground began to shift beneath her as the couple disappeared. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other before both broke out into huge smiles. They got 5 jewel shards and they knew where Naraku was! Jumping and squealing, Kagome spun in circles like a five year old. And that was how the rest of the group found them.
 
 
 
Daisuke slid off Kirara as the giant neko touched ground. His eye twitched as his childhood friend hit the ground none too gently. But her crazed laughter never ceased. In fact, it only escalated! Sango slid to the ground beside him with grace and watched her semi-delusional friend, before her eyes landed on Inuyasha. He stood off to the sidelines, a goofy smile plastered on his face, watching Kagome happily. Miroku, seeing as how both women were preoccupied, slunk over to Inuyasha, his perverted grin set.
 
 
 
“So Inuyasha, I take it something good happened to you and Kagome?” Inuyasha turned towards him, but instead of hitting him, chuckled at him instead. Miroku's mouth hung open, thinking that was a yes. A pair of arms wrapped around his waste as the girl giggled from behind him. Leaning up on her toes, she lightly blew on the shell of Miroku's ear, a smirk settling on her face.
 
 
 
“Why Miroku,” the monk shivered at the way her voice caressed him. “Are you imagining me and Inuyasha together? Do you really want to see us intimate that badly?” Pale. That was the only word to describe Miroku's face. All the blood in his body rushed to another area as random images of Kagome and Inuyasha together flashed in his mind. But before he could utter another word, Kagome was back by Daisuke, the two laughing their heads off. Inuyasha gaped in pure shock. When the hell did she learn how to do that?!?! It wasn't as if she spoke like him to that….or used it everyday! …And why the hell did the monk get to hear it first??? Sobering up, Daisuke turned to Kagome and high-fived her.
 
 
 
“Dang Kaggy, what all did you show him?” Still shell shocked, Miroku could only gape at the giggling miko. SHE had shone him those?!? Taking a large breath, Kagome calmed down enough to answer.
 
 
 
“Oh nothing, nothing at all. Just a few images…” her sentence trailed off. A few moments of silence later the duo broke out into laughter again. Shippo, finally not liking how he was the only one who didn't know what was going on, ran over and jumped on Kagome's shoulders.
 
 
 
“Kagome, what did you show him?” The question was innocent. He had no idea what was going on. But that one question left Kagome stuttering. Daisuke's face turned a pale pink, not really wanting to explain what had just gone on to a small child.
 
 
 
“Well Shippo…” reaching up, she picked the kit off her shoulders and held him in her arms. Taking a large breath, she paused trying to think of what to say. For a second, everyone in the group thought she was actually going to tell the young kit. Smiling down at him, she lied right through her teeth. “I merely showed him some nice pictures of how many ways I can kick his butt.” The answer came out smoothly, causing Miroku to raise an eyebrow at her lying skills. A small `o' formed on the young kit's lips before jumping off and running to join Kirara. Sango, giggling, turned to Kagome and smiled brightly.
 
 
 
“So, are you going to tell us why you and Inuyasha are so happy or are we going to have to pry it outta ya?” Both Inuyasha and Kagome started laughing at that, confusing the group even more. Opening her palm, she showed the group her five newly acquired and now bright pink jewel shards. The others could only gape as Kagome smiled at them. Looking up, Daisuke saw that it was getting dark and blinked.
 
 
 
“How about you tell us when we set up camp Kaggy? It's getting pretty late.” The rest of the group looked up at the dark sky, now randomly lighting up in the near distance with lightning. Kagome nodded and looked around, opting to find a cave of sorts. Anyone who looked closely enough saw her eyes light up bright blue as she searched. Finally, a satisfied giggle passed her lips before running slightly west-ward; grabbing Inuyasha's hand on her way by and dragging him along just as the rain started to pelt down. The rest of the group took this as their cue to follow them once more, the quick downpour only encouraging them. Within minutes, the large group was entering a cave, shivering from the cold. The group quickly broke apart, falling easily into the habit of setting up camp. Well, all but Daisuke. Poor guy was standing there as awkwardly as could be. Looking up from where she was rolling out sleeping bags, Kagome watched her friend amused.
 
 
 
“Dai-kun! I could use some help setting up the fire.” Relieved eyes met hers, the red head trotting over to the center of the sleeping bags where the fire was obviously going to be. Shippo and Sango walked over, dumping the twigs and rocks they found in the cave next to them. Silently, the two began working, digging up a small firepit and setting the stones around the hole. Placing some of the twigs in, Daisuke easily lit the fire and sat back, his happy Kagome beside him. Nudging her side lightly, he made a motion towards her hand and she let loose a small giggle before handing over the shards. To him, the shards seemed harmless. Flames from the ever-growing fire bounced light off the glass like shards, sending sparkles over the inside of the cave.
 
 
 
“Its hard to imagine that these little things can cause so much destruction.” Kagome's smile wavered, her eyes lowering. She duly noticed that the rest of the group had settled around the fire, Inuyasha and Miroku already skinning the rabbits they had caught in the small amount of time.
 
 
 
“You more than anyone should know not to judge something's power solely on it's size. Neh, Niwa?” His lips pursed into a pout making Kagome giggle. “Well its true! I mean really, evil paintings with brush strokes thinner than hair? PuhLEASE!” Laughing, the two unconsciously entwined their fingers together, along with the shards. Inuyasha watched, his happy mood quickly slipping away while watching the two. `How come HE gets to make her smile like that? Arent I good enough?' His silver ears flattened as another giggle escaped Kagome's lips. Finally fed up, he let loose a growl, instantly halting the two.
 
 
 
“Oi oi! Wench get his hands away from the jewel! We don't need him taintin' the shards!” He sent a monstrous glare at the boy, lips parting in a wicked snarl. Fear briefly shone in Daisuke's ruby eyes before Kagome let out a low sigh, reassuring him.
 
 
 
“Gimmy a break Inuyasha. Dai couldn't taint them if he tried.” Dropping her voice down to where only the red-head could hear, she smiled. “Don't worry, he's like this with everyone new. Or really, anyone that's a guy.” A red eyebrow rose at the new information before the boy sparred a glance at the half dog. Brows knitted in anger, hands clenched in a fury, teeth grinding together…but only when he touched Kagome. The sudden realization dawned on the boy. `He's jealous!'
 
 
 
`Damn straight the puppy is!' It took a moment to realize exactly whose voice it was in his head.
 
 
 
`Dark? You know this…Inuyasha person likes Kagome?' A little chibbi figure of his purple-haired counterpart appeared in his mental scape, nodding happily.
 
 
 
`I had a little run in with his…darker half last night. He is very very over protective of our lil Kaggy.' This seemed to darken Daisuke's mood.
 
 
 
`He won't hurt her...will he? I mean if he's just this angry with us holding hands...' a low chuckle echoed in his head startling the boy.
 
 
 
`Of course not Dai. Do you really think I'd leave her in untrustworthy, dangerous hands?' The red head couldn't argue that logic. `Exactly. Just think of him as...a pet dog. Very over-protective when people come near what he claims as his, but is very nice to his owner.' A wicked grin covered Daisuke's face, scaring everyone but Kagome.
 
 
 
`Pet?' the two laughed at the thought.
 
 
 
`Yes well, it looks like Kaggy's pet is getting a little antsy; you might actually want to talk to them.' The purple haired angel's voice seemed strained, startling Daisuke back to conscious as he was thrusted back into the world. The others were really starting to get worried at the looks the boy kept making. Yet Kagome still was not.
 
 
 
“What did Dark say?” a strained, contemplative look settled on his face before answering.
 
 
 
“I think something's wrong.” The bowl she was holding dropped, the shattering echoing in the hut.
 
 
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
A/N:
 
Okay little note. I actually might have accidentally forgotten this account existed and made a new one. And I happen to like my new one. So now I'm going to have to work both of these at the same time...along with more stories. ...Oh well.
 
Review if you wish this to continue or not! Personally I don't really care since I'll probably continue it for personal enjoyment for the hell of it.