D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painting Happiness ❯ Wake Up! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: back again! OMGOSH! Im so so so so SO sorry for the impossibly long update!!!
 
Soku: why was it so long? O.o…
 
Me: well, on my last chappie I only got 4 reviews! FOUR! Well that's what I thought for a while anyway. Then I just stopped checking for reviews and only typed parts of the story when I was bored.
 
Inu: -.- u do realize you're failing in your duty to give these people a good story?
 
Me: like you know ANYTHING about duty!
 
Soku: ouch…
 
Inu: why you bitch!!!!
 
Me: SHUT THE HELL UP DOG-BOI!!!! *throws bucket on his head, ties him up, and throws him down a thing of never ending stairs*
 
All: O.O *runs away*
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
 
The warmth of the sun's rays reached her skin and Kagome moaned appriciatively as it slowly warmed her chilled arms that the night had brought. Warm puffs of air tingled the hairs on the back of her neck and she smiled. Dark really was there with her. Slowly, she turned over, wanting to see her purple haired “god”. Opening her eyes, her hand flew to her mouth to stop herself from screaming. She blinked her eyes, desperatly trying to get her sleep filled mind to work. A mop of red hair and a boyish face met her eyes and she almost laughed at herself. She got scared of Dai?!? Well, it was sort of lyiable, considering she hadn't woken like this since ever! Her eyes roamed over his face, memorizing every line and point that had changed over the years. The hand that once covered her mouth slipped off to play with his unruley hair. The fingers slowly slipped down, lightly tracing over his cheekbone and running over his smooth lips. Moving closer, her face less than inch away from his, she closed her eyes. Daisuke shifted, pressing their foreheads gentally together. Kagome smiled as she felt his heart speed up and his breathing increase, signaling his awakening. Slowly his eyes opened, finding himself mearly centimeters from Kagome. Her eyes opened, half lidded and they both leaned forward, pressing their lips together, feathery light. A shift sounded from the other side of the camp and the two broke apart, smiles on both of their faces.
 
 
“Glad to have you back Dai.” She whispered. Happiness shone on his face and a soft smile crossed his lips that was only reserved for her.
 
 
“Glag to be back Kag.” He whispered with unusual calmness. Passion shone through both of their eyes that was instantly cut off by the sounds of the waking camp. Quietly, they both sat up, Kagome still wrapped in Daisuke's arms. A light shiver ran up her spine as the warmth of the sleeping bag left her legs. The two humans looked up and gasped, seeing a Kagome wrapped up in an unknown males embrace. Shippo, sensing that something was wrong, opened a bleary eye and crawled into Kagome's lap, before falling asleep again. Inuyasha soon came bouncing into camp, breakfast in his hands, when he caught sight of the new red head.
 
 
“Who the HELL are you?!!?” he screamed, anger blazing in his eyes. Daisuke, not liking how this was going, and still half asleep, shrunk back behind Kagome. Feeling him shift, she glared at Inuyasha, obviously NOT liking how he was treating Dai.
 
 
“You baka! This is Daisuke! And if you ever talk to him like that again, I swear I'll sit your butt to hell and back!!!” she bit out. The others in her group blinked at her. Taking a deep breath she slowly pointed to each member of the group. “This is Sango the demon slayer,” she waved her hand lightly. “Miroku the perv,” A small `hey!' or resentment was heard from him. “Shippo,” she motioned to the little kit in her arms and he mumbled sleepily making Daisuke smile. “And last and maybe least, Inuyasha.” She finished, slightly glaring at him, still mad at him for yelling at Daisuke. The said man smiled at them and stretched his cramped arms.
 
 
“Nice to meet you all. Uh Kagome, wheres the uh…bathroom?” he mumbled, a light pink dusting his cheeks. Kagome giggled and motioned to the woods.
 
 
“Sorry Dai, theres a steam a little north where you can go get cleaned up by mmkay?” she giggled out. He nodded, his cheeks getting a little redder, and uncurled himself from her being, before running off. Kagome followed him with her eyes before slowly turning back to her friends, each of which had a different expression. Miroku had a smug and amused expression, Sango had a knowing one, and Inuyasha…well he just looked out right pissed. Kagome sighed. Miroku took this as his cue and began to talk.
 
 
“So Kagome…you and Daisuke looked a little snug together. Did something happen last night that you want to tell us about?” he waggled his eyebrows suggestfully and Sango hit him over the head, making him whine in pain. “Sango what was that for???” he cried, rubbing the back of his head. Sango snorted in a very unlady-like fasion at him.
 
 
“You know damn well what it was for!” he winced as he hit the bump with his fingers and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Turning back to Kagome she smiled happily. “I like him! Very shy and innocent, very hard to find in a guy.” She winked and Kagome blushed slightly. How much time has she and Miroku been spending together?!? She heard Inuyasha growl and she turned to him.
 
 
“And what, prey tell, do you find so wrong about him Inuyasha!” she snapped. He drew back, slightly surprised at her harshness, but quickly recovered.
 
 
“Feh! He just seems to weak. Like he couldn't even defend himself, let alone some one el-” Before anyone could even register, Kagome was on her feet and slapped Inuyasha straight across the cheek. In a state of desperate shock, he stumbled backwards, holding his abused cheek. She hit him! HIM!!! Kagome growled a human growl and her jaw locked as she stared right at him.
 
 
“Don't you ever, ever say that about Daisuke!!! He tries his hardest and he protects a lot more people than you could ever imagine!!!” she bit out. Slight fear struck the group as they saw the protective look in her eye. Without another work, she turned on her heal and stomped out of the clearing, heading towards the river bank. It didn't take long as she soon saw Daisuke hunched over the bank, scrubbing his face. All hatred for Inuyasha gone, an evil grin spread acoss her lips and she slowly crept up behind him; as if she was a lion stalking her prey. Calculating the depth of the water, she nodded to herself and pounced on the unsuspecting Daisuke!
 
 
“AHHH!” they both screamed, one laughing while the other one was in terror. Water splashed up in the air as both of them dove under water. Their heads popped up and Kagome laughed at the expression on Daisuke's face. His hair, now no longer basically electrified looking, hung in his face giving him a mysterious look. `Wow… to hell with mysterious, hes gotten sexier!' Kagome thought lightly. A small pout formed on Dai's lips, giving him the impression of a five year old. `Or not…' she mentally snorted and gasped when water splashed up in her face.
 
 
“Aww Kagome why did you do that!” he whined. Kagome giggled and splashed him back harder. And thus the water fight began. Wave after wave of water flew past each other, soaking the recipient even more. After a few pushs a few minutes later, she realized she was shooting water at well…water! Kicking her feet, she spun around in a circle, looking for her missing Daisuke.
 
 
“Dais-UUUUUUUKKKKKKKEEEE!!!” she screamed as two pairs of hands grabbed her and flung her underwater. Bubbles popped up where she had just been, and she resurfaced to meet the hysterical boy. “OH MY GAWD HOW COULD YOU!!!” she splashed a huge wave at his face and river water sunk into his open mouth. Blinking a few times, he quickly glared at her and spit the water back out at her. Sputtering, she gasped and headed towards the shore, her clothes clinging to her body. Daisuke bobed slightly in the water, his eyes roaming over her now 18 year old body. Her hips round, her chest filling out quite nicely, and all the running around kept her legs toned and tanned. He sighed to himself and swam to shore after her, thanking whatever god that was up there that Dark was asleep. The two soaked teens climbed out of the water, wringing the excess out of their clothes. Daisuke looked at his clothes…then to Kagome…then to his clothes…then back to Kagome.
 
 
“Uh Kags? …What are we gonna do for clothes?” he asked, shaking his head in a futile attempt to dry his hair. Kagome gave him a stupid look.
 
 
“We're not. We are going to go cascading around the countryside in the nude, waving at all passer byers!” She stated, waving her arms in the direction of the mountains. Daisuke's eyes widened to a dangerous size, actually beliving what she was saying. Kagome laughed at the expression on his face, wringing her hair out before shaking her head wildly. “I'm just joshin! Sheesh, for a guy that litterally spends almost 24/7 with Dark, you have absolutly no sense of humor!” she giggled as he pouted. “I'm going to materialize it from our time, anything specific you want?” He looked at her and opened his mouth, obviously not liking the plan.
 
 
“No! Kagome, you really don't have to. I'll get the stuff from our time.” Kagome sighed and shook her head slightly at him.
 
 
“Don't even bother besides,” she winked slightly and giggled. “I need the practice remember? I just cant bounce back after 3 years of being dormant.” She giggled at his shocked and slightly embarressed expression. Closing her eyes, she pictured the clothes she wanted, her brow furrowing in concentration. A small gasp escaped her lips as a strong pair of arms circled her waist, dragging her into a wet chest. An image appeared next to her's and she instantly knew it was Daisuke's. Slowly, she bent the magick around her hands; loving the feel of being in control. The arms tightened around her in an incourging way and she smiled. The picture wavered in her mind and she knew they had appeard. Opening her eyes, she saw the two pairs of dry clothes and she bent down slightly to get them, still in Daisuke's arms. She heard him groan and she giggled, picking up the clothes. Handing him his, she shrugged out of his arms and walked behind a curtain of trees to change. Daisuke sighed and walked opposite of her behind a pair of bushes, high enough to his waste. Giggling was heard a few minutes later and Kagome walked out of her old age changing room. Daisuke looked over his shoulder and saw her smiling at him. He pulled his shirt over his head and walked around to meet her. His gaze traveled downwards, looking at her new attire. Her blood red cami-top stopped just below her belly button and her black baggy pants rode low on her hips. He lifted an eyebrow at her and she shrugged.
 
 
“Slightly different then your innocent school girl outfit ne? How do you think your group will react?” he chuckled at her and she shrugged.
 
 
“Who knows. Who cares? And besides that wasn't my “innocent” school girl outfit but…” She strutted up close to him and drew small circles on his chest, “But if you really wanted to see it… I could show you it if you want…” A silence seeped inbetween them for a moment before they both bursted out laughing. Whiping a fake tear out of his eye he smiled at her.
 
 
“God how I've missed you Kaggy. You,” he reached up and poked her nose. “and your sacrcastic side.” Her eyes crossed and her nose scrunched making him laugh again. Sighing, she took his hand and led him back to camp. She really didn't want to see her friends right now. Too much had happened in the last 48 hours and it was starting to take a toll on her nerves. Stopping at the edge of the clearing, she took a deep calming breath. Ok, so she really, REALLY didn't want to see them. Daisuke reached up and squeezed her shoulder, giving her all the moral support that she needed. She smiled up at him slightly, only fully realizing how tall he had gotten. Giving her a little push, both Daisuke and Kagome stepped into the clearing, meeting a semi-awkward silence. Kagome's hand tightened around Daisuke's as she came face to face with Inuyasha. The rest of the group watched the interaction quietly, none of them wanting to interrupt the silent conversation. Sadness swirled in Inuyasha's eyes as he realized that he'd probably pushed her into the arms of yet another guy. Kagome, slowly, let go of Daisuke's hand and stroked Inuyasha's cheek where she had hit him.
 
 
“Kagome…” He whispered. He tried to say more but no words would come out of his mouth. A small and sincere smile graced Kagome's lips as the guilt hit her full force. Deep inside her, she gasped in realization. He had hit him! HIM!!! Tears gathered in her eyes and her thumb rubbed his cheek soothingly.
 
 
“I'm sorry Inuyasha. I guess…I just lost it. Forgive me?” Inuyasha stared at her wide eyed. She was appologizing!?! After he had insulted her friend? He opened his mouth to answer, but found his voice failed him. Nodding his head, Kagome's smile brightened considerably. The negitive energy hanging over the camp dissipated, making everyone feel a whole lot better. Dropping her hand she smiled and walked past him, over to her stuff. Unfortunatly, Miroku just had to speak up.
 
 
“Well Lady Kagome, I do think I love this outfit more than your deliciously short school uniform.” A death glare from Sango and a skull crushing hit from Hirakosu shut him up fast. Kagome giggled and looked towards his fallen form.
 
 
“Why thank you Miroku. But a few more comments like that and I think I'm going to be forced to start paying your medical bills though.” Daisuke chuckled and shook his head, this guy was worse than Dark. Dark…it was like they were hardly awake at the sametime anymore. The only time they ever got to talk was on art days. And then it was only about stealing. What if Dark...no! Things were okay between them. Just a little…off. Nothing too bad. Nothing they couldn't fix…
 
 
“Daisuke!” Kagome called out to him. He blinked rapidly, coming out of his daze. Looking around, he realized the group had already moved on and blushed, seeing them on top of a hill. “You coming Dai? Or am I just gonna hafta leave ya?!?” She called down playfully. He put a hand to his heart and smirked up at her.
 
 
“Why I don't know Kaggy. I don't think my little heart could bear to see you leave me again!” He called back. The two laughed and he jogged up to the group. Inuyasha watched the interaction with intrest, wanting to see what would make her laugh. Miroku, now fully concious and perv-filled, popped out of his hiding place from behind Sango and swung his arms around both Kagome's and Daisuke's shoulders. They blinked at him, both moving their hips, but mostly asses, away from him.
 
 
“Aww,” he started, walking down a worn path, “that jokes too sweet. So tell me you two…what exactly is your relationship with one another?” Daisuke's face turned bright red and Kagome blinked. What was their relationship?!? From his natural place at the front of the group, Inuyasha listened closely. Kagome thought hard…and ended up with nothing.
 
 
“Well…I'm not real sure Miroku. Dai, what do you think?” She asked. Unfortunatly, he was in the same state as her. He shrugged his shoulders and watched the scenery as they walked by.
 
 
“Beats me Kaggy. Never really thought about it before.” Miroku sighed from between them, fully knowing that he wasn't going to get any real answers out of them. He felt a familiar surge of power coming from Kagome and looked down at her. Red feathers curled around her and Miroku found himself pulling her closer to him. Daisuke watched in amusement as Kagome, not knowing what effect she was having on Miroku, tried to inch away from him. Inuyasha growled, also being affected by the power, hated the fact that Miroku was holding her and not him. Inuyasha's eyes tinged red as he looked back at them. Daisuke looked over at him, Dark taking control of his mouth and smirked at him. `Bitchy much?' he mouthed at Inuyasha, eyes purple and full of mischift. Inuyasha's growling increased as he realized it was Dark in charge. But just as he was about to retort, the power coming off of Kagome vanished, leaving Miroku and Kagome in a very awkward position, along with a very pissed off Sango.
 
 
“Miroku?” Kagome asked, blushing madly as she looked up at Miroku, who was leaning over onto her. Miroku gulped as he realized what happened again. Well, its not as if he had spaced out or anything…he just…oh hell he had no excuse! He knew what he was doing and damn proud of it.
 
 
“Uh…yes? Lady Kagome…” He trailed off looking at her. The blinked at each other once before she continued.
 
 
“Will you please…GET YOUR HAND OFF MY ASS!?!?!?!?!” she screamed, her echo scarring off some birds in a nearby tree. Her right hand flew upwards, knocking him right in the stomach. Miroku stumbled for a second, before falling forwards. Kagome, realizing what she had done a second to late, shrieked as Miroku's body fell on top of her. She let out a little whimper as a rock dug into the curve of her back, hitting a nerve. Inuyasha stomped over hurridly and threw Miroku off of her. Kagome let out a small, but happy cry, as she dug the rock out from under her and threw it at Miroku, knocking him straight in the forehead. Daisuke chuckled slightly at the whole thing as Inuyasha helped her up. Pulling her close to him, his nose scrunched in disapproval at the scent of Miroku and Daisuke on her, covering up his scent. He took a deep breath of her scent to calm his nerves before letting her go. Kagome smiled appreciatingly at him, before turning to the still chuckling Daisuke. She glared at him in annoyance and huffed.
 
 
“And what, prey tell, is so funny!?!” Daisuke only laughed harder, waving his hand at them, motioning to the group. Kagome growled at him and walked over, slapping the back of his head. Daisuke winced slightly, he laughter dying down to mere chuckles.
 
 
“Aww now Kaggy that was uncalled for…” Kagome snorted at him and walked back over to Inuyasha, unknowingly helping sooth his reciding demon side.
 
 
“No it wasn't, not really.” Turning back to Inuyasha she smiled happily up at him, all irratation gone from her face. “How about we take to the skys? I mean since we've already had a big enough delay as is…” eyes trailed over to Daisuke before snapping back to him. Inuyasha, well mentally anyway, jumped for joy. She was going to ride with him! Not that unknown shit-for-brains boy or perverted Miroku; but him! He nodded down at her, a small smile tugging at his lips. Turning to Sango, he sent her a silent message and she nodded.
 
 
“Kirara!” tossing the neko up in the air, fir blazed to life, incasing the small animal. Quickly, the fireball grew, until the transformed neko stood beside Sango. Daisuke, not knowing what would happen, screamed in terror, falling back on his ass. The group burst out laughing, loving the look of terror on his face. A firey blush covered his face and a low growl settled in his throat.
 
 
“That was NOT funny!!!” he bit out. Unfortunatly, he sounded like a five year old being put in time out. Not to mention the fact that he looked that part at that very moment neither. Stiffiling a giggle behind her hand, she walked over to him and helped him up.
 
 
“Oh I'm sorry Dai, we forgot that you've never seen her transform before! Here, come on, she wont bite!” her shoulders shook, the laughing getting almost to the point of pain. Leading the pouting teen over to the neko, she slowly put his hand down on Kirara's back, rubbing his hands in soothing circles. Daisuke blinked at the over sized cat before tugging his hand away, blush once again highlighting his features. Kagome giggled at him, the wind blowing slightly around her. “Ok, ok, I'm done. Dai? Dai look at me.” The blushing male looked at her, his slight embarressment ebbing away. “Get on Kirara, that's how you're traveling.” And with that she turned away, walking back over to Inuyasha. Daisuke's mouth hung open as Miroku walked over and put a sympathetic hand on his shoulder.
 
 
“Women. A mystery to us all.” Daisuke nodded slightly and got on Kirara, copying both Miroku and Sango's actions. Looking over her shoulder one last time, she made sure Daisuke was secure and off into the air before getting on Inuyasha's back. The said Dog demon took a deep breath, loving the way his scent mingled with hers before taking a giant leap, sending them into the air. Kagome took a deep breath and nuzzled into the crook of his neck, pressing closer to him. The air flew wildly around them making her smile. It was almost as if she was flying again. Inuyasha felt her shift and smiled, liking how she clung closer to him. Jumping from tree to tree, his feet barly touched the tops, showing his grace. Speeding up slightly, he caught up to the others in the air. He felt Shippo's eyes follow them as well as Daisuke's and he supressed a low growl. Who the hell was this guy? And what was he to Kagome? A small gasp from Kagome caught his attention and he looked back.
 
 
“Inuyasha, I sense a jewel shard!” He mentally lept for joy at finding something that he could take his anger out on.
 
 
“Which way?” her slender finger pointed towards an opening in the trees and he raced towards it, already knowing that the others would follow. Bursting into the clearing, the two looked around for the source of power. Kagome's face grew to one of confusion and she looked to her feet.
 
 
“Inuyasha?” Her foot slowly started digging into the dirt as he looked over. She brought her foot back behind her and struck the ground harder, as if she were kicking a soccer ball. “The ground…it feels like tha jewel shard…all of it?” She mumbled to herself, digging her heel into the ground harder. Inuyasha watched her, confusion and slight worry for Kagome's mental state in mind. A sudden growl wrung in his head, making him want to slap his hands over his ears. Everytime that damn voice talked it felt like his head was splitting.
 
 
`Mate is right…ground not safe…' the voice faded before Inuyasha could even ask what it ment. Not safe…not safe…Inuyasha's eyes snapped to attention just as the ground began to rumble. He crouched low, intending to get to Kagome, but the dirt began to lift around his feet, turning into a muddy goo. Inuyasha began to panic when he didn't hear Kagome.
 
 
“Kagome!” he called out. There was no answer. He twisted around the best he could as the dirt slid up his legs, already covering him up to his knees. He turrned his upper body around, his spine protesting painfully and was shoocked at what he saw.
 
 
A huge hand made up of dirt and clay, along with the figures of both a male and a woman stood in the clearing. But what shocked him the most was that Kagome was bowing to them!!!
 
 
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
 
Me: omg again, SOOOOOOO sorry for the impossibly long update.
 
Soku: you do realize that they're only going to be pissed at you cuz you made another cliffhanger right?
 
Me: oopsie?…
 
Inu: oopsie my ass!!! Lemme at those clay whores!!!
 
Kag: Inuyasha language!
 
Inu: NO! why are you bowing to them anyway?!?!!?
 
Kag:…
 
Me: Inu! Do you WANT to go back down the never ending staircase? I WILL make that happen!
 
Inu: *cowering*
 
Krad: WHY wasn't I in this chappie???
 
Me: oh dear gawd no! *runs away*