D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Angelic Love Of Past ❯ Together with Rutile ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
SailorStar9: This fic is abandoned enough. I decided to continue it. This will eventually evolve into a Satoshi/Ami fic. Anyway, I've finally decided where to plug Ami in. This happens in the day before episode 12. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing here.
 
Chapter 1: Together with Rutile
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
“Ami.” Mrs. Mizuno called out to her daughter.
 
“Yes mum?” the blue-haired girl replied.
 
“Remember the gala tonight.” The elder Mizuno reminded.
 
“Of course.” Ami replied rather stiffly, she was not too used to being dressed up.
 
“Don't use that tone on me, young lady.” Mrs. Mizuno chided.
 
“I'm sorry.” Ami answered quickly.
 
“I'm full. I've got to go.” She added. Grabbing her book bag, she exited the house.
 
“Ami, you haven't drunk your juice!” Mrs. Mizuno called out.
 
“No time mum! I'm going to miss the train.” Ami shouted back.
 
Mrs. Mizuno sighed, children these days.
 
Grabbing the phone, she dialed a number.
 
“Good morning, Hiwatari-san.” She chirped somewhat too happily. “You do remember me?”
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
“Made it.” Ami breathed in relief after handing the train fare to the conductor.
 
“Sorry.” She apologized, realizing she had bumped into someone.
 
“I'm alright.” Niwa Daisuke replied.
 
This energy… Dark frowned, trying to place where he had sensed the power.
 
Dark? Daisuke asked his counterpart.
 
I know this energy… it's from last night. Dark realized.
 
What? Daisuke mentally exclaimed.
 
Are you sure? He questioned skeptically. She doesn't feel dangerous.
 
I'm not saying she's dangerous, Daisuke. Dark replied. It's just that… she feels rather familiar.
 
Daisuke sighed and cut off the link.
 
“You're new right? I haven't seen you before.” He told the blue-haired girl.
 
“Yes. My mother and I had just moved in last night.” Ami replied.
 
“I see.” Daisuke nodded.
 
“Our stop's here.” He added.
 
“Thank you.” Ami smiled pleasantly at the friendly boy. “I just need to find the school office.”
 
“I can take you there.” Daisuke offered.
 
“Thank you.” Ami replied.
 
“Here we are.” Daisuke announced when the pair arrived at the school office.
 
Ami nodded and thanks, took a deep breath and stepped in.
 
She was greeted by a blast of cool air from the fans and the air conditioner, both of which were blasting and pumping out a stream of cool air that helped keep this normally-warm office cold. Once of the secretaries looked up, waving her over.
 
“Mizuno Ami, right?” the secretary drawled.
 
“Yes.” Ami nodded.
 
“Here.” The secretary held out a sheet. “Sign the sheet and we'll draw up your schedule.”
 
Ami scribbled her signature and waited as the secretary typed something on her computer before holding her hand out behind her, where a large printer was. Soon, the machine spat a piece of paper out, and the secretary passed it to Ami. The sheet, although having just been printed, was quickly turning cold in her grasp.

”Your classroom is on the top right of the page. Ask your classmates if you don't know where something is.” The secretary advised.
 
Feeling that the conversation was over, Ami gave a quick bow, along with a hurried thanks, before scuttling out of the office. Once she was out of that strangely suffocating room, she peered at her schedule.
 
Like most schools in Japan, all of her classes, minus electives and gym, would be taken place in the same room all day.
 
“Wow, looks like we're in the same class.” Daisuke noted, peering over her shoulder.
 
“Eh?” Ami quirked a brow.
 
“Oh I'm sorry. Guess I haven't introduced myself. I'm Niwa Daisuke.” Daisuke introduced himself.
 
“Mizuno Ami.” Ami replied.
 
“Asian Beauty of Water huh?” Daisuke translated.
 
“Yes.” Ami blushed.
 
“We're here.” Daisuke announced, arriving at the doorstep of the classroom.
 
After the teacher told her where to sit, Ami gulped down a small breath and walked down the aisles. Setting her bag down before taking a seat and facing the front of the room. Seeing as the other students had notebooks out, she followed suit and pulled out one of her own, quickly catching up on the subject.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
By lunchtime, Ami had silently decked out of the classroom and headed to the school roof. She had valued her privacy very seriously.
 
Setting her novel against the ledge of the fence, she retrieved a sandwich, unwrapped it and started nibbling, all the while training her eyes on her book.
 
“Mizuno-san?” Daisuke's voice squeaked as he peered through the door.
 
“Yes?” Ami inquired, turning around, her book temporarily forgotten.
 
“Good.” Daisuke sighed. “I thought something happened to you.”
 
“Eh?” Ami blinked.
 
“Nothing.” Daisuke laughed somewhat nervously and retreated.
 
“Okay…” Ami trailed, not really understanding what happened.
 
So it is her. Dark noted.
 
Dark? Daisuke inquired.
 
Nothing serious Daisuke. She's just someone… both Krad and I knew a long time ago. Dark replied.
 
From his tone, Daisuke guessed it was a very sensitive subject for the Phantom Thief.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
Argh, I hate night gowns. Ami mentally grimaced, looking down at her get-up.
 
It was about two hours before the gala and Ami was dressed in a midnight blue long-flowing night gown with matching long gloves completed with strapped sandals.
 
This is so not me. She sighed.
 
“Ami! We're going to be late!” Mrs. Mizuno hollered up the stairway.
 
“Coming!” Ami called back.
 
Grabbing her purse, she exited.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
Why me, why me, why me? Right now, Ami was mentally banging her head on an invisible wall as her mother dragged her from person to person, introducing themselves to every important personnel present.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
On the sidelines, Hiwatari Satoshi was looking on unamused at the grand dance hall. Then, his attention was averted to a mother-daughter pair. The odd thing was that while the mother was enjoying the attention they were getting, the daughter seemed rather… reluctant.
 
Her… Satoshi could feel Krad frown.
 
What? Satoshi asked.
 
She's the one from last night. Krad replied. Satoshi thought he detected a tone of longing in the psychotic angel's voice.
 
You seem to know her. Satoshi noted.
 
Krad did not reply.
 
Okay… he shut it off; on his own!? Satoshi was remotely shocked. Whenever they `talked', Satoshi was the one who forced the conversation closed.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
Finally… Ami heaved a sigh in relief when her mother told her to go off on her own. Apparently the main introductions were over.
 
“Now for some fresh air.” She muttered and headed outside.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
“It's very likely that the Phantom Thief will show up, right?” one of the female guests asked her companion.
 
Although the advance notice hasn't been received yet, we can pretty much pencil him down for targeting it.” Her companion replied. “A treasure of that caliber.”
 
“But that thief called Dark is pretty skilled.” The female guest pointed out.
 
“Well, well, the Detective General Hiwatari has arrived, I see.” Her companion commented, when everyone's attention was turned to the newcomer.
 
“To be one of the highest officer candidates in the police department at the age of 26, he is indeed a fantastic person.” The female awed.
 
“Why, if it isn't Detective Hiwatari himself.” The gala host commented.
 
“Pleased to meet you.” Detective Hiwatari greeted the General.
 
“It sure is unusual to see you attend this kind of party.” The General noted.
 
“Ah yes.” Detective Hiwatari replied.
 
“The son you're so proud of, the commander-in-chief, has been waiting for a while.” The General turned to Satoshi.
 
“Satoshi!” the detective beamed at his adopted son as the former Hikari walked towards them. “You came already?”
 
“But to be able to take on such an important position at such a young age.” The General remarked.
 
“At his age, Satoshi gradated as the valedictorian from Lagoon University. For someone like him who has no friends or relatives there, he needed a presence behind him for support.” The detective replied.
 
“Hm, I see.” The General nodded.
 
“And also I believe I have the ability to draw out all of his potential if he stay by my side.” The detective beamed.
 
Ignoring Satoshi's frown, he added, “Well he is a very charming person, even if you look at him now.”
 
“Didn't you have something to say to me?” Satoshi intervened.
 
“Ah yes. Well then gentlemen, please excuse us.” the detective apologized. “I'll like to have a talk with my adorable son alone.”
 
“They should take down their father-son act down a notch.” The General noted as the pair walked off. “That commander-in-chief always lets Dark get away.”
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
Entering the room where the Rutile ring was kept, the Detective begun, “The `Lamenting Rutile'. You've heard of it haven't you?”
 
“Yes.” Satoshi nodded. “Even the fateful story behind it.”
 
“And you understand we can no longer allow any more art pieces to be stolen correct?” the Detective asked.
 
Its scheme is… Satoshi suddenly realized. This is a fake!
 
“I understand you enjoy playing around with that Phantom Thief, but isn't it about time you end your game and get serious?” the detective accused.
 
“You're no longer Hikari Satoshi but Hiwatari Satoshi.” He reminded.
 
“Are you telling me to protect this thing?” Satoshi pressed.
 
“That's not what I'm saying.” The detective replied, reaching into his coat. “I'm tell you to capture him.”
 
“Capture that annoying Phantom Thief that is.” He added, revealing the real `Lamenting Rutile'.
 
“That's the real Rutile.” Satoshi realized.
 
“If there's a need to draw out more of your power in order to capture him, why not do it?”
the detective inquired.
 
“Come on. Take it Satoshi!” he thrust the necklace before the teen. “Come on.”
 
Rather reluctantly, Satoshi took the necklace.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
“Hiwatari-san!” Mrs. Mizuno beamed at her old friend once the father-son pair headed out.
 
“Oh Mizuno-san is that you?” the Detective smiled at her. “Where's the lovely daughter of yours?”
 
“Oh you mean Ami ne?” Mrs. Mizuno laughed. “I apologize for her absence. She isn't exactly… a people's person.”
 
“Ah…” The Detective nodded.
 
“About the subject we talked over the phone Hiwatari-san.” Mrs. Mizuno prompted.
 
“Satoshi, can you be so kind to go and find Mizuno-san's daughter?” he requested, beaming at the youngster beside him.
 
Satoshi nodded and walked off.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
Eventually, he found her leaning against the railing on the second story balcony.
 
The door creaked open and Ami turned around.
 
Their eyes met and Satoshi found himself literally drowning in her dark blue eyes.
 
“Mizuno-san?” he inquired.
 
“Yes.” Ami replied softly.
 
“You're needed downstairs.” Satoshi informed her.
 
“Shall we?” he offered his arm.
 
“Yes.” Ami replied softly, a faint tint of red spreading over her cheeks.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
“Okay, is it me or am I the only one getting wierded out here?” Ami inquired to no one in particular when the two walked down the staircase, only to be met by amused and knowing grins from the adults.
 
“You and me both.” Satoshi admitted quite frankly.
 
“Ami, there you are!” Mrs. Mizuno beamed, running towards her daughter and crashing her in a bear hug.
 
“Mum…” Ami wheezed out.
 
“Yes dear?” Mrs. Mizuno turned to her daughter.
 
“Air…” Ami choked out.
 
“Oops, I'm so sorry.” Mrs. Mizuno quickly released her daughter.
 
“Mizuno-san, about the matter we talked about…” the Detective prompted.
 
“Oh yes. Ami, I have wonderful news.” Mrs. Mizuno declared.
 
Why do I get this sinking feeling that this isn't going to be good? Ami mused.
 
“You see my dear, Hiwatari-san and I have discussed this and we feel it would be the best if both your families are related.” Mrs. Mizuno beamed brightly.
 
“You don't mean…” Ami prompted, not really liking where this was going.
 
“Yes my dear, you and our dear Satoshi over there are now officially engaged. Isn't that great?” Mrs. Mizuno dropped the bombshell.
 
Ami almost choked on air.
 
“You're joking!” she managed to stammer out.
 
“Nope, I'm serious.” Mrs. Mizuno nodded.
 
I'm going to die. Ami thought miserably. Imagine engaged to someone I hardly know at this age. I'm officially dead.
 
Meanwhile, Satoshi was blinking hard at his adoptive father.
 
“Are you serious?” he questioned.
 
“Very.” The Detective nodded.
 
Handing him a ring, a replica of the `Lamenting Rutile', he pushed Satoshi forward, “Now give this to her.”
 
Satoshi sighed, there was nothing he could do except oblige when he was under the watchful eyes of the adults present.
 
“Play along.” He whispered harshly into his new fiancée's ear, as he pulled her closer.
 
Ami merely nodded and blushed slightly as Satoshi slipped the ring on her finger.
 
I hate my life. She mused.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
The next day, Daisuke was in his seat, pondering.
 
I don't get it. He mused, fingering the ring his father had given him. What's he thinking?
Giving me a replica like this all of a sudden…
 
“Hey! You hear me?” Risa tapped on his shoulder.
 
“We've been calling your name for a while now.” Riku remarked.
 
“Sorry.” Daisuke apologized.
 
“Hey, isn't that a replica of the Lamenting Rutile?” Risa inquired, noting the ring Daisuke had been fingering.
 
“That's right.” Daisuke nodded.
 
“Who did you get it from?” Riku asked. “We're talking about how Niwa-kun must be getting a girlfriend without us noticing.”
 
“No!” Daisuke protested. “I just got it as a gift.”
 
“From who?” Risa pressed.
 
“Well, from my dad.” Daisuke replied.
 
“Your dad?” Riku echoed.
 
“He came back yesterday all of a sudden.” Daisuke replied.
 
“What... you guys didn't know?” Takeshi voiced from the back.
 
“What?” Risa turned back.
 
“It's pretty popular these days.” Takeshi remarked, showing her the necklace he had. “Rutile that is. Even if it's a replica, the quartz inside is real.”
 
“Just as one would expect from a member of the reporter's club. He's so knowledgeable.” Riku awed.
 
“Don't you think?” Takeshi beamed. “Inside this quartz dwells a stone that can draw out your powers, just like my charm. See? Isn't it coming out?”
 
“If that's all, then it won't become popular at all.” Riku remarked dryly.
 
“Yeah, no way.” Risa agreed.
 
“Well…” Takeshi shook his head and kept the ring.
 
“No.” Satoshi's voice interjected. “I believe the stone's power is very huge.”
 
“Hiwatari-kun.” Riku gasped.
 
“Long time no see, Hiwatari.” Takeshi greeted the newcomer.
 
“I have it too.” Satoshi stopped before Daisuke, revealing the ring.
 
“Wow, it really is pretty popular.” Risa beamed. “I think I want one now too.”
 
“Geez Risa, you give in to popular stuff too easily.” Riku bemoaned.
 
“It's okay. I'll just ask Dark-san to steal the real one for me.” Risa told him.
In her seat, Ami stiffened slightly when Risa mentioned Dark's name.
 
This isn't good… Dark told his vessel.
 
Dark, what is it with this stone? Daisuke asked his counterpart.
 
That stone? Dark echoed.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
That night, Dark flew into the museum.
 
“You better be mentally and physically prepared for tonight Daisuke.” The thief told his counterpart.
 
“Why's that?” Daisuke asked.
 
“I might have to use powers that I haven't used before.” Dark replied.
 
“Your magic?” Daisuke pressed.
 
“Yeah.” Dark replied. “It's probably be tough on you. I'll try to avoid doing so, but when
the time comes, bear it.”
 
“But why?” Daisuke asked.
 
“You'll see.” Dark replied.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
Inside a police van, Satoshi was watching the surveillance cameras.
 
“Excuse me.” An officer interrupted when the clock struck eight. “The announced time has just passed.”
 
“Yes.” Satoshi replied.
 
“And the Lamenting Rutile is, as you can see, is safe and sound.” The officer reported. “Dark isn't going to come.”
 
“No, he's already here.” Satoshi corrected.
 
“Huh?” the officer inquired.
 
“You'd definitely be able to tell the difference between a fake and the real one.” Satoshi remarked. “Show yourself Dark!”
 
“I don't like getting too rough.” Dark commented, throwing his disguise off.
 
“Now hand over the real one.” He requested, reaching over to take the Rutile.
 
“I have been waiting... for this moment.” Krad's voice sounded.
 
“Who's that?” Daisuke asked, as the Rutile started glowing.
 
“Don't come out, Krad!” Satoshi demanded. “I said I'd take care of it.”
 
“Wasn't Krad from that one time?” Daisuke inquired.
 
“Yeah.” Dark replied.
 
Barely overcoming his pain, Satoshi slammed the red button in his surveillance van.
 
“I have Dark caught.” He announced, as a gate separated him and Dark. “Now drive!”
 
The officers in the front of the van nodded and drove off.
 
“You didn't think you would have captured me so easily, do you?” Dark inquired.
 
“Of course not.” Krad replied, Satoshi's Rutile glowing brighter.
 
“Krad…” Satoshi gasped.
 
“Master Satoshi, you do understand why your father has given the Rutile to you, don't you?” Krad asked.
 
Satoshi barely managed to pull the Rutile off.
 
“Rutile?” Daisuke echoed. “It's because the Rutile will draw out his true powers.”
 
“Yeah.” Dark agreed. “And that power is HIM!”
 
“Rutile, unleash my power!” Krad announced, Satoshi's palm was forced out towards Dark.
 
Omaginasai. A soft voice intervened as the Rutile's power was about to surround Dark.
 
“This… it can't be…” both Dark and Krad gasped.
 
“Mizuno-san?” Daisuke echoed when the girl appeared between Dark and Satoshi.
 
“Mercury…” Krad breathed as Princess Mercury manifested in her princess form, the Rutile stone on her finger shining brightly.
 
Her hands clasped in prayer mode and her planet symbol blazing on her forehead, the princess forced the Rutile's power back, her waist-long hair blown backwards as the force of her magical energy counteracted the Rutile's energy.
 
“I won't lose, not even to you!” Krad declared, unleashing more power from the Rutile, forcing Princess Mercury's power back.
 
“Dark!” Daisuke warned as the two were bathed in Krad's power.
 
Princess Mercury shut her eyes, pouring more of her power into the Rutile stone. Her baby blue aura then erupted into an icy blue, her Rutile forming an energy shield to protect the two of them.
 
This is… she wondered when she saw another power battling Satoshi.
 
“Dark…” she gasped in realization.
 
The Phantom Thief gave her a wink, the Rutile in his hand combating Satoshi's stone.
 
“Master Satoshi, please back down.” Krad requested.
 
Dark drew his hand back, ready to strike.
 
“Master Satoshi!” Krad screamed.
 
“Here goes!” Dark declared, throwing his power at Satoshi.
 
When the powers collided, the van lost control and skidded onto the road.
 
Princess Mercury grunted as she was thrown roughly against the back of the van.
 
“Mercury!” both Dark and Krad exclaimed in horror.
 
“I'll be fine. But I can't say the same for my other self.” The Mercury Princess mused.
“Ami's going to wake up to bruises after tonight.”
 
Dark and Krad glared at each other and took off to the sky.
 
“So we meet again Dark.” Krad remarked.
 
“Don't give me that nice look on your face.” Dark reprimanded.
 
“It's because of you that she is hurt!” he added, flying higher.
 
“I won't let you escape.” Krad declared, powering up. “With you gone, she'll be mine!”
 
Dark avoided the barrage of magic blasts and Krad took off after him.
 
“I don't even want to see that face of yours!” Dark announced.
 
“We haven't seen each other in such a long time yet you give me such a cold attitude?” Krad accused, coming right up to Dark.
 
“Don't come near me, you bastard!” Dark scolded, firing a blast right in Krad's face.
 
Krad frowned, firing blasts at Dark who dodged all of them.
 
“Dark, what exactly is Krad?” Daisuke asked.
 
“Don't talk to me now.” Dark scolded his counterpart, barely avoiding Krad's attack.
 
“At this rate, I won't have a chance at all.” he realized, scaling up the cliff.
 
“Krad!” he declared.
 
The white angel spread his wings, a torrent of feathers thundering towards Dark. Dark raised his hand, the Rutile forming a shield to protect him.
 
Flying in between the windmills, a heated battle of magic energy ensued.
 
“He's like my antithesis.” Dark answered Daisuke's question.
 
“Dark's antithesis?” Daisuke echoed.
 
“But he's not like me.” Dark replied.
 
“That's right.” He added, charging another energy blast.
 
“He's just a replica!” he announced, tossing the energy ball at Krad.
 
“I am who I am. There can only be one!” Krad announced, barely avoiding the huge energy blast. “That's right. This body shall be mine!”
 
“What happened to Hiwatari-kun?” Daisuke asked as Dark flew headfirst towards Krad.
 
“Hiwatari-kun!” he called out.
 
“Get lost Krad!” Satoshi demanded, just as Krad was prepared to fire another charged up magic blast.
 
Taking this opportunity, Dark removed Satoshi's Rutile.
 
As the Rutile fell downwards to the water, the two angels rushed to get it.
 
“Give that up already!” Satoshi screamed, as Krad's outreached hand barely missed the Rutile.
 
“I'll take that.” Dark announced, grabbing the stone and flew back into the air.
 
“Hiwatari-kun…” Daisuke wondered.
 
“I'm so glad.” He sighed in relief as Satoshi's head popped out of the water. “It seems that he's gone.”
 
“Well then, I guess we'll give him a hand too.” Dark suggested.
 
“Oh no, Mizuno-san! We forgot her!” Daisuke gasped.
 
“Don't worry. She'll be fine.” Dark assured his counterpart.
 
***************************************************************** ********************************************
 
SailorStar9: Okay, this chapter is finally down. Read and review folks.