D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence ❯ Tourniquet ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I wouldn't be writing this if I owned D.N.Angel or the songs.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$< /div>
 
I tried to kill the pain
But only brought more (So much more)
I lay dying
And I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal
I'm dying praying bleeding and screaming
Am I too lost to be saved
Am I too lost?
 
Daisuke stared at himself in the mirror. A pale teen with fiery red hair and ruby eyes stared back. He pulled up his sleeves, revealing both arms covered in old and new scars. Smiling grimly, Daisuke pulled out a switchblade and cut a long, thin cut on the back of his arm, barely missing a vein. He put the blade away after cleaning the wound and weapon.
 
`This is your fault, Dark,' Daisuke thought as he cleaned up the blood, `Are you happy now?!'
 
My God
My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God
My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
 
This had been happening for five years, part of a daily routine for Daisuke. He'd come home from school, do homework, eat dinner, cut himself and go to sleep. As Daisuke slipped into bed, he cried tears of frustration.
 
`I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!' He mentally screamed, `I loved him too much…I can't take this life anymore…'
 
Do you remember me
Lost for so long
Will you be on the other side
Or will you forget me
I'm dying praying bleeding and screaming
Am I too lost to be saved
Am I too lost?
 
Daisuke took his switchblade and ran toward the cemetery, the place where Daisuke had made a small memorial for Dark.
 
`I'm going to end it all tonight!' Fresh tears fell from his dull, ruby red eyes, `Are you up there, waiting for me? Or…have you moved on?'
 
My God
My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God
My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
 
(Return to me salvation)
(I want to die!)
 
When he reached the memorial, Daisuke paused to look at it for one last time. It was basically a cave he had found that was concealed from sight unless you looked hard enough. Daisuke had sacrificed a lot of time to make and put up his paintings of Dark. His spark of hope for Dark coming back had vanished when he started cutting.
 
My God
My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God
My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
 
Daisuke walked inside, switchblade out and ready to spill more of his blood. Tears had once again decided to fall from his eyes, but they were for a different reason.
 
`I…I want to relieve myself of my suffering,' He thought as he pointed the blade where his heart would be. `I can't go on like this…' With that thought, Daisuke plunged the switchblade into his heart.
 
My wounds cry for the grave
My soul cries for deliverance
Will I be denied Christ
Tourniquet
My suicide
 
`I can see Dark now…' Was his last thought as he closed his eyes, no one would ever see those sparkling, ruby red eyes on Earth ever again.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
I want to thank my first reviewer! I'm in an angsty mood…O.o; Meh, anyway, R&R please!