D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Two Fallen Angels ❯ Candy ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: Hewo everyone! Ready for more! Yay too this wonderful pairing, thank you so much for all of the readers and the wonderful reviewers!

x-x-x-

Title: Sweet Tooth Troubles.

Author: Saku

Pairing: Dark/Satoshi

Fandom: DNAngel

Theme: 23, Candy

Disclaimer: Nope don't own.

Rating: G

A/N: Ok this just came to me...Don't ask...

x-x-x-

Dark always knew his sweet tooth would get him in trouble. One of these days it would get him caught. After all there was only a certain amount that pockets could hold before the wrappers would fly out while he was doing his all too famous flips in the air. Even Daisuke had scolded him on it, telling him that it was a dangerous habit for him to have; just as dangerous as smoking was to some. Yet still the phantom thief would fill his pockets with candies, crunching on them while he walked through the silent halls looking for the forlorn artwork of the day.

And the sweet of choice during this heist was small butterscotch candies. The hard ones that you usually sucked on for an hour before finally crunching them. However as addicted as he was Dark pulled at the foil covering popping them into his mouth, before crunching at them, breaking the hard candies into small bits.

Crunching on the candies Dark walked down the dark, quiet halls nearing the room. Somewhere within this dark room was a potentially dangerous Hikari artwork needing to be stolen. It was all worked out, Dark had sent his warning letter then he had snuck into the museum with his usual flair. Everything was going as it always did...except the fact that there were no police within the museum anywhere. Normally this would have made the expert thief worry, but right now he was too busy eating the small butterscotch candies to worry about minor details.

/Uh...Dark/ Daisuke looked around through the purple eyes/should we be worried that there is no one guarding anything/ Worriedly he looked around again, as much as he could see through the other's eyes.

Dark pulled another foil wrapping from his pocket, pulling at the furrowed ends, freeing a light caramel-colored, round candy, popping it into his mouth biting the candy as he looked around. /So it makes it easier. Hey maybe they realized that I can't be caught and decided to give up./ Pausing he thought about that- how horrible it would be if that was the real reason for no cops. Where would the fun in running from the cops, the rush as he felt his heart pounding as he escaped in just the nick of time. He would die if he ever had to stop feeling that freedom. Sighing he shook his head walking towards a small pendant.

"Is this really it?" Dark stared at the tiny silver butterfly adorned with sapphire and ruby stones in it's wings; it hung from a blue velvet T stand, the silver chain glistening as the pendent swung lightly. The craftsmanship for it was just exquisite- yet another beautiful Hikari masterpiece. Smiling Dark shoved the tiny wrapper deep into his pockets, pulling his hand out swiftly. However what the kaitou did not realize was that the tiny wrapper followed his hand as he pulled it out, and now was fluttering to the ground silently lying there waiting.

x-x-x

Satoshi stared at the foil trail that he had been following since he walked to the upstairs window where the police chief had said that Dark had entered. The young police commander had given the order to for no one to step foot inside the darkened museum, but instead guard from the outside. He wanted to handle Dark himself, capture him and turn his over to his father.

Raising a blue eyebrow he slowly walked out of the room, stopping suddenly to stare dumbfounded at another tiny wrapper. Was this some kind of trap? Seriously there was no way that Dark would actually leave a trail showing the direct path to him. That was an amateur mistake, and there was no way Dark was an amateur here was a trail of candy wrappers leading the way to him.

Sighing Satoshi decided to follow them, to see what was really behind it all.

x-x-x-

Dark pulled the tiny pendant from it's glass case smiling at the beautiful butterfly. Slowly he pulled out a small black velvet bag sliding the pendant inside of it before tugging at the strings to close it.

"You know Dark, either you are not taking this as seriously as you were before...Or you are very bored indeed." Blinking Dark spun on heel to stare at the blue haired police commander that leaned against the door frame his arms crossed tightly around his chest.

"Why would you say that?" Dark smugly asked as he stored the velvet bag safely under his bodysuit.

Satoshi silently uncrossed his arm, a hand tightly clenched into a fist. Smiling he tossed the content out towards the confused thief. Purple eyes widened as he watched silvery foil wrappers rain down onto the floor below. "Seriously Dark, they led everywhere you went, I mean I know I made walking around here easy but did you really have to leave a trail?" Satoshi sighed as he pushed off of the metal frame, "I mean you might be getting old. But I'm still young enough that it is more exciting to actually have to look for you."

Dark hung his head guiltily as he stared at the wrappers. Inside his head he could hear Daisuke scold and lecture him on all the harm that his sweet tooth was causing. "Heh," Dark seriously needed to keep his pride, so defiantly he looked back up the normal fire in his eyes. "I just wanted to lure you here that's all." Slowly Dark walked forward, his eyes staring at the boy before him. Reaching into his pocket the thief pulled out a small wrapped candy. Reaching out he grabbed the stunned commander's hand. Turning the palm up Dark gently placed the small candy into his hand, before closing the fingers around it. Pulling the hand up to his face, Dark bent over kissing the pale skin lightly, "A gift for you." Smiling Dark straightened and walked around Satoshi. Glancing back he watched the blue haired boy stare at him, before walking out of the room.

Stunned Satoshi stood staring at the door where Dark had walked out of calmly. Shaking his head he pulled out his walkie talkie calling into the police on the outside to be at alert. As he listened to the frantic communication Satoshi pulled at the wrapper freeing a small candy. Without a second thought he popped it in, pushing the candy to the side of his cheek before walking out of the room.

x-x-x-

And that is what you call a last minute kiss written to make sure my pairing was safe before they realized how long it's been. Yay...More to come soon. Thank you for your reviews and please do feel free to keep them coming!